Umar Sadiq

Calico Jack

I was just reading that SG wants him on loan.

Soccernet is the sauce, I don't know how credible they are.

Admin - Delete if already posted.

Been around the press for a couple of weeks now. Surplus to requirements at Roma this season and would be a good addition to boost squad depth in that position. Thought it had died as haven't heard much for a week or so.

Not seen him play bar the youtube footage on here. For what its worth having seen many of these videos make players look world class, this lad looked like Bambi on ice. Willing to be proved wrong of course.

He is the type of player we need within the strikers. From xmas we were starting with Morelos and bringing on Cummings, it was apparent very early that Cummings couldn't play the Morelos role so in general nothing happened apart from our chances of winning reducing. We needed either to play both, which when we tried it then wasn't great or have a completely different player to bring on.

I think there is some truth in this one, thats 4 times over the last week or so that there has been an article on him and nothing has been denied yet.

I think people that are saying he looks awful on those videos are being harsh. Ive seen him play a few times and he is a big handful of a boy, lightening quick, skillfull and works hard. He is still young and there is a lot of room for improvement in his overall game, but he would be a good signing if we can pull this one off.

I think there is some truth in this one, thats 4 times over the last week or so that there has been an article on him and nothing has been denied yet.

I think people that are saying he looks awful on those videos are being harsh. Ive seen him play a few times and he is a big handful of a boy, lightening quick, skillfull and works hard. He is still young and there is a lot of room for improvement in his overall game, but he would be a good signing if we can pull this one off.

Its bizarre on here, if a player has a good youtube compilation its always said that you can’t judge them on it, but if its just ok they get slated.

When i seen the clips of Pena, for instance, I genuinely thought there was no chance we were getting this guy, he looked like the Mexican Messi on it, turns out he was a steaming waster.

Its bizarre on here, if a player has a good youtube compilation its always said that you can’t judge them on it, but if its just ok they get slated.

When i seen the clips of Pena, for instance, I genuinely thought there was no chance we were getting this guy, he looked like the Mexican Messi on it, turns out he was a steaming waster.

This is a perfectly logical way to look at it though mate! When the videos show the best 20 moments of your career, then nearly everyone will look great. If he can't even look great in a YouTube compilation then he"s probably. pish.

Perfectly logical.

Last edited:
Given he has 2 years left with Roma, and the number of loans he’s already had. I wonder if we go for him it’ll one year on loan with a permenent option when he has 1 year left.

If MA and SG have him watched and they make a move. I wont complain if we sign him. I will complain if he’s shite! I just dont know enough about his ability right now.

In SG I trust

N
He is the type of player we need within the strikers. From xmas we were starting with Morelos and bringing on Cummings, it was apparent very early that Cummings couldn't play the Morelos role so in general nothing happened apart from our chances of winning reducing. We needed either to play both, which when we tried it then wasn't great or have a completely different player to bring on.
Nail on head

Looks raw and erratic on the video. But great pace some power and still young. I'd take a chance on him. Looks well suited to Scotland.

Looks awful in the Youtube clips I've seen of him. Cumbersome and lacks composure.
Hoping we can attract better.

Given every diddy we have signed in the past looked dynamite on YouTube, this may be no bad thing.

The better you look on line, the worse you actually are. Perhaps the opposite is also true.

I thought you could see a real difference between his clips while at Roma as opposed to those from his loan spell at NAC Breda.

Just in terms of the way he used his size and strength, he looked far better in the latter clip.

Loose touches and missed chances are to be expected from any player I guess.

Not seen him play bar the youtube footage on here. For what its worth having seen many of these videos make players look world class, this lad looked like Bambi on ice. Willing to be proved wrong of course.

I think these videos are edited to make players look better than they really are, not all but in some cases i think.?

Back