Umaro Balde on life in Guinea Bissau, Portugal and dreams of playing under Steven Gerrard!

Gecekondu

Used google translate for this article in Portuguese. Great read and has had a tough life, hopefully he can develop with us and make the first team in the future.

God wants, man dreams, the work is born.

Umaro Baldé comes after a dream, a dream shared by millions of young people, an opportunity of a lifetime came when he was invited to join Sporting Clube de Portugal.

The difficulties encountered in Guinea-Bissau did not make him give up. A life worthy of Dante Alighieri. His life, though still only sixteen years old, might well be Divine Comedy, which could well give the name of this interview.

THE INITIAL GOAL… WAS TO STUDY
He came very young to Portugal, at the age of eight or nine, the main thing was to study but soon found his way to football, his uncle had an idea that pleased him but there were choices to make.

“My uncle when I was nine years old wanted to take me to Damaiense in 2011, had been a year without playing, I accepted, only Damaia was very far from me, I live in Martim Moniz.”

“THE LITTLE WE HAD SHARED”
He was born in Guinea-Bissau, a tropical country on the West African Atlantic coast, known for its national parks and wildlife. Umaro Baldé was struggling, as were most of the African population of this country.

“Life in Guinea was difficult, I will not lie, I am not ashamed. Thank goodness my parents were here, the little we had we could share.

A boy born and raised in Guinea-Bissau in Portugal, missing classes, his Portuguese was not fluent, eventually found a barrier here.

“My arrival at Damaiense wasn't easy, I had to get used to it, the fact that I didn't speak Portuguese very well made it difficult for me. However, they all received me very well, my comrades, coach, president.

But what about your colleagues, do you still know about them?

I remember my teammates well, I confess I don't know if they still play, I think some are still playing football in so-called “small” teams but I believe that with humility and hard work, with God's help they will overcome, I hope. As long as they have a head and a lot of effort and work they will get where they want. I believe."

LOPES DA SILVA TOURNAMENT
One of the highest scouting tournaments nationwide, an Under-14 tournament. He was lucky to be considered the best player in 2016.

“The Lopes da Silva Tournament was a great tournament for us, we had a great team, the goal was to win. The tournament went very well, we were champions and I took the prize for best player of the tournament, thanks to all my colleagues for their help and cooperation. We had a lot of very good players, Bruno Tavares who is at Benfica, Paulo Bernardo and many others was a luxury team. ”

To this day this was my biggest prize, I walk literally with him everywhere, by the way, I brought him to Glasgow with me. (laughs)

The leap to sporting
“I don't remember the name of the tournament, but there was one in Amadora that we played against Sporting. They saw me there, it was a known tournament. I gave my life in this game. So Sporting talked to the president to go train with them and I ended up going there. I was very happy, when I got there I did a very good training, I ended up staying there. ”

HAPPINESS AND EUFORIA TO KNOW I HAD A SPORTING PROPOSAL

“By the time I received the Sporting proposal I was euphoric, I immediately called my parents, they were very happy. This was my goal, to stand out in Damaiense and move to a big one had accomplished one of my goals. I was looking forward to the time to change me. I was very happy, my colleagues felt my happiness and they were happy too. ”

Any kid dreams of playing in the top team of the club he represents if it wasn't one of the biggest goals of all. The supreme dream, the top of the mountain, represent your club at the highest level.

"Obviously my dream was to reach the seniors of Sporting, as you know this did not happen, unfortunately I could not, but life goes on, forward, I confess that I was sad, but Sporting is past, I have changed the focus."

THE RELATION WITH OAK BRUNO
The former president of Sporting mentioned Umaro Baldé when he said he did not sell the young Guinean for 25 million. Bruno de Carvalho's sentence became iconic.

“Mr. Bruno is a person I respect a lot, he did a lot for me while he was at Sporting, I remember one dinner we were together, he gave me a Sporting scarf. They had just given him the scarf, he signed it and eventually gave it to me right away. (laughs).

The 25 million? Yes, at the time he said he didn't sell me for 25 million, but it's already past. (laughs)"

The Rangers Proposal
In May 2019 news begins to appear on Scottish websites that there would have been an agreement between Umaro Baldé and the Rangers.

“Yes, they started spreading news that there would be a deal, but at the time there was no deal yet, they wanted but there was no deal, there was nothing concrete that would lead me to Scotland.”

THE FEAR OF SEEING THE TRANSFER FALLING FROM THE EARTH

It is one of the fears of young footballers, there are many players with qualities, when a target becomes complicated, then there is another to replace it, our interviewee felt that in the skin, thought that the transfer was broken, this would not happen, but told us that.

“To be honest, there was a time when I thought the transfer would fall apart. They took a long time to make the proposal. ”

At the time when I signed with Rangers I took some pictures. I took photos to sign, photos with the Rangers shirt, we had sent those photos to one person. This same person published these photos without my agent's permission, at the time Sporting had to agree with Rangers' ideas, everyone said I had already gone to Glasgow Rangers. Yes, I had the photos but it was only for publication when it was made official. I thought the transfer would fall because of this, but God is great and everything went well, I signed and I'm here. ”

SPORTING EXIT

Getting out of a big one is not easy, feeling pushed out either, but there are choices that have to be made.

“I left Sporting because they didn't need me, they had better players than me. It cost but I always accepted, last season I played only four games, but I raised my head. I always went on working, never lost focus, never lost focus or demotivated. The time would come sooner or later at Sporting whether or not the opportunity would arise.

I thank Sporting very much for what he did for me, but I'm fine at Rangers, I found the stability I needed, I was very sad last season because they wouldn't let me play, I have many minutes here, I keep talking to my friends. They continue to support me ”

THE SACKING… BY THE SMALL DOOR
“That's what happened, they didn't count on me, they told me that in the face, they told me to get a club, or they would loan him to a smaller club. I wanted to do something for my life for the better. Rangers emerged.

But yes, I feel it comes out the small door. ”

LIFE IN SCOTLAND
He had already moved from Guinea-Bissau to Portugal, now in 2019, spent ten years in Camões lands, moved to Scotland.

“Life in Scotland is very different than in Portugal. Not just for language, but for people and culture. English is spoken, I have been going to English school every day to learn to speak.

Life here is calm, training, I come home, I can come barefoot, it's the life I like. I have everything here, nothing is missing. ”

FANTASTIC GLASGOW RANGERS TEAM
Were it not for Rangers to be one of the teams with the most history in Europe. The team led by Steven Gerrard has at their disposal fantastic conditions to enjoy, the younger levels as well.

“It's a very beautiful, huge installation. Several gyms, several natural lawn fields. I wasn't expecting to be something so big, it's different from Portugal. For example, in the case of Benfica and Sporting you sleep in the gyms, you don't have a home here. ”

THE MYTHIC AND EMBLEMATIC STEVEN GERRARD
The question was simple: Have you ever lived with Steven Gerrard?

No, but whenever he sees me at the gym he says hello, my English is still not very good either. He is a football legend, I hope to come one day to be trained with him.

It is a great person. Treat the kids well. It gives the kids a chance to train in the first team. I greet him whenever I see him. I really want to be trained by him.

THE EXPECTATION FOR THIS SEASON
“The expectation is to make many minutes, get to the Rangers team as soon as possible, but calmly, every thing in time, keep working, stand out.

The main goal is to work, to work hard. ”

RIVALITY WITH CELTIC, OLD FIRM
One of the most scorching classics in the world, the mythical and iconic Old Firm. It is one of the oldest football classics in the world and for many experts this is the biggest rivalry in world football due to the cultural and religious differences involved.

“I can't wear green clothes (laughs). The rivalry is really big, one of the biggest, I'm here to defend the Rangers. They don't like us, nor do we like them, I went to see Rangers at Ibrox Stadium, full stadium, Celtic tells me nothing, it was a fantastic atmosphere. ”

Some of the videos that the youth team put up of him on Instagram are class, he seems to have settled in really well

He had already moved from Guinea-Bissau to Portugal, now in 2019, spent ten years in Camões lands, moved“I can't wear green clothes (laughs). The rivalry is really big, one of the biggest, I'm here to defend the Rangers. They don't like us, nor do we like them, I went to see Rangers at Ibrox Stadium, full stadium, Celtic tells me nothing, it was a fantastic atmosphere. ”
This.

When you see the trials this lad has overcome in his young life, and compare it to the many talented Scots youngsters who,ve either pissed it against a wall, or the bookies you are left with the notion that this is one kid who desrves to make it.

Hard read I thought. A lot lost in translation., but you get the gist of it. I admire the boy for all the adversities he has faced and hope to see him soon in the first team.
However disliking celtic is not enough, he has learn to hate them. :))

Good luck to you Umaro.

We are Rangers
Super Rangers
We don't like them
nor do they like us
We hate the Sporting
they sleep on gym floors
And we have huge installations

I get it if your Balde Da ? Go and watch the boy or I invite anyone on here to watch him rather than post pish he’s being lorded because he has too , seen him three times , what the fxck are you watching ???
Lowry for me looked the business in Saudi since then I’ve seen him to be poor , Balde seriously give me a break, either the Da, Agent, or the scout who signed him

Posters on here are plants for club or the player , kidding everyone on here with pish posts
Get up and watch before you all post absolute pish
What?

Back