unacceptable

As a few posters have said they bossed us in midfield.Maybe Holt would have been a better option than Goss and we maybe could have competed more.
Ifs and buts now though.
Our season now hinges on the semi final and quite possibly so does the managers chances of getting the job full time.

Sorry but Murty is to blame here, Morelos should have been hooked at 65-70 minutes for Kenny Miller.
Exactly my thoughts.Miller for Morelos may well have caused them some problems.We'll never know though.I just hope if we find ourselves in a similar situation in the cup we can deal with changing the personnel better than we did today.I doubt it.

Two OF games in a row that Morelos has now missed gilt edge chances that any schoolboy would have scored - if scored there is no doubt we would have won both games.

Despite our affection for El Buffalo it has to be said that no team can succeed with a striker who continually misses sitters (as Morelos does week in week out), especially in the games that matter.

The lads work rate and desire cannot be questioned but we cannot continue playing a guy who is not doing the job he is in the team to do. If truth be told if Morelos had scored all the sitters he has missed this season he would be setting all kind of records. He is young and will hopefully learn but after the glaring misses today he has no right to expect to be an automatic pick.

Not surprised we got beat today.

A powder puff, weak, toothless side full of bottlers and a tactically inept manager who offers no inspiration from the touchline.

Performance was rotten. Too many mistakes, too many failed to turn up and we got beat from a poor side who had numerous players out and some of their best players on the bench.

Leading twice yet throw in that 2nd half performance is an utter disgrace.

Two OF games in a row that Morelos has now missed gilt edge chances that any schoolboy would have scored - if scored there is no doubt we would have won both games.

Despite our affection for El Buffalo it has to be said that no team can succeed with a striker who continually misses sitters (as Morelos does week in week out), especially in the games that matter.

The lads work rate and desire cannot be questioned but we cannot continue playing a guy who is not doing the job he is in the team to do. If truth be told if Morelos had scored all the sitters he has missed this season he would be setting all kind of records. He is young and will hopefully learn but after the glaring misses today he has no right to expect to be an automatic pick.
The misses haven't been costing us. He gets back up and puts the next chance away. He's done it time and time again.

And the way he plays is vital to the front 4. You need to replace someone who's good at all that and never misses chances.

He needs a rest though.

Game plan today was hit the ball into the corners over the full backs head and get a cross in.
Docherty was a major disappointment today, as soon as he got the ball he just launched it to no one.

Some of the posts on here are just remarkable regarding Goss & Morelos.

Granted Goss was posted missing & Morelos missed another glaring chance, but to say they are shite & they can feck off to QPR & China is just down rite mental.

Too “down “to argue any points,we were very poor second half,broonaldo was still strutting his stuff,even when they were down to 10 men—-when are we gonna learn?
Highlight of the day sitt Near Michael mols

We need to get back to 4-4-2 this 4-2-3-1 pish just leaves us short in midfield every time we play the beggars .

Every player must know how to track back and defend- we cannot afford players like Windass in our line up . We need grafters who can play a bit.

If all fit I'd go -

Foderingham
Tavernier
Martin
Mcrorie
John

Jack
Dorrans
Docherty
Murphy/Candeas

Cummings
Moleros

I'm sick of being naive and bossed in midfield .

Every time there is any sort of weight of expectation on this team they come up short.

Been that way since the cup final against Hibs, we play well when expectation is low and pressure is off. Seems to point to us being mentally weak and we’re no further forward after that second half today.

We need to get back to 4-4-2 this 4-2-3-1 pish just leaves us short in midfield every time we play the beggars .

Every player must know how to track back and defend- we cannot afford players like Windass in our line up . We need grafters who can play a bit.

If all fit I'd go -

Foderingham
Tavernier
Martin
Mcrorie
John

Jack
Dorrans
Docherty
Murphy/Candeas

Cummings
Moleros

I'm sick of being naive and bossed in midfield .

Whilst not disputing that the quality of Jack and Dorrans could have made a difference today, you do realise playing 4-4-2 would have left us even lighter in midfield.

John was anonymous in the second half and Tavernier couldn't have picked a man in the box if his life depended on it.

The Rangers players and the manager were like rabbits caught in the headlights after they were reduced to 10 men. A draw today would have been unacceptable but to lose that game today is utterly unforgiveable.

This is a team that both Killie and Hearts have beaten yet we shot ourselves in the foot time after time today.
is that down to the manager or the players ? or is it a touch of both

The finger can be pointed at a few today, from morelos failure to score in never mind score against them, goss's piss poor attempt at a tackle on rogic to allow them to score, cordosa foe his piss poor effort of a challenge and they score to murty not shaking it up when they went to 10 men and hen to wait till they score to bring a sub on!

Exactly my thoughts.Miller for Morelos may well have caused them some problems.We'll never know though.I just hope if we find ourselves in a similar situation in the cup we can deal with changing the personnel better than we did today.I doubt it.
don't just blame murty ? he has a number two of vast experience who should be giving him advice. and i don't here him getting slaughtered.

We have a few out injured still, but that's not an excuse. Although we're not as good as they are yet, we're not too far away. The only thing missing for me is the old Rangers will-to-win, so, once we get that back, plus our injured players, this will be a great team.

We keep giving Fredo the chance to get into the Columbian team for the WC, and he constantly throws the chance away.
That miss from 5 feet! today will have closed the door for him for that venture.

End of the day Morelos has cost us the game twice v that lot. Paint it whatever way anyone wants. To get to the top level you score in these games. That’s what you are judged on not goals v Hamilton.

Murty should be chased after that. Utter abject shite in the second half. A top manager installs confidence from the side. I’ve got fukin no idea what our formation was at the end.

Everyone saying we got closer. Yeah closer than 5-1, who cares still got beat by 10 men.

4 wins on our own patch. Embarrassing and a new manager changes that. Murty ain’t the sunset and neither is goss/docherty in the middle.

Score the one on one at 2-2 when they’re down to ten men and the games finished!

The goal before half time knocked the stuffing out of us we never recovered from it and didn’t turn up 2nd half. Game completely passed by Goss and Windass should have been hooked at half time bar his goal Windass doesn’t work hard enough to help out the rest of the midfield.

Disappointing day but it’s been the story of our season.

I felt a bit sorry for young Docherty today,Goss was howling beside him and Alves and Cardoso behind him as well.Windass ahead of him had two moments of brilliance and did little else the entire game.
Kind of performance Pena got dogs abuse for.Add to that Tav had one of his worst games of the season and Alfie missing two sitters and it's a game were far too many were nowhere near good enough.
John,Murphy,Candeias and Docherty just about got pass marks today.

Well short of what's required against those b.astards.

Docherty and Goss were shocking.

Defense a shambles.

Outright and out played when it mattered and where it matters.

Devoid of ideas and Murty again not adapting on the fly.

The less said about that miss the better.

Docherty and Goes were sold down the river. Two against three rarely wins.

Disgraceful performance especially from the midfield.

Goss can %^*& off back to QPR where he won't have to play in big games. Docherty shat it today and Morelos can get to China anytime he wants.

Right!, this is a pile of pish - we got beat... unfortunately it happens!

That's 12 games on the bounce now since we've beat them over 90 minutes.

12 fuckin games.

The only saving grace amongst that was the cup semi.

The rest amongst those remaining 11 games have been 2 draws, today's effort, and 8 abject humiliations if we're honest.

I get we're improving, but it's slow and it's painful, watching this current gang of fucking tramps and average no marks Lord it over us time and time again.

We didn't shut them down and we never pressed the ball,stood miles off them and gave them all the room in the world.

For me this is our biggest failing in this game.
They struggle when they are pressed......especially high.
I wonder if we've learned anything from this game.

We started off doing this and it worked well, first goal came directly from pressing them. As soon as we got the lead twice we changed to sitting deep and inviting them onto us. I actually thought we’d weathered the storm just before their second goal but the last ten minutes of the first half was shocking, played far too deep with no out ball.

We score twice and then stood off them . I don’t get it .

We had our foot on their throat and should’ve applied some pressure

We started off doing this and it worked well, first goal came directly from pressing them. As soon as we got the lead twice we changed to sitting deep and inviting them onto us. I actually thought we’d weathered the storm just before their second goal but the last ten minutes of the first half was shocking, played far too deep with no out ball.
Agree with you mate.
The Morelos miss apart,conceding that goal right on HT changed everything.
It's sickening how we failed to go in leading.

Murty is hardly at fault! He went for a win we should celebrate that. Morelos is 21, I'm worried about his big game composure but he is being relied upon at 21. Bates injury lost us the game. If we still had Aiden Wilson or Ross was fit we probably would have been ok but Cardoso was poor and Goss was anonymous. I had been worried about him and Doc. I think Doc was good but lost the ball a bit too much. We had no experience or dig in the middle of the park. Jack or Dorrans would have been big in this game.

We can win the Scottish cup. I saw that today. Take positives from this game.

We score twice and then stood off them . I don’t get it .

We had our foot on their throat and should’ve applied some pressure

It's absolutely galling.......I'ts Ibrox,what the feck are we afraid of......we should be going straight for the jugular when in front.

Their winning goal really sickens me.
Why the feck are we showing him the inside......it's a quick touch then a curler and then we're relying on Wes.
Our defenders don't spot danger and intention until it's too late.

Back