Unai Emery at Villa

Doing some job but wouldn’t use the result against Chelsea as the barometer of that. They are rotten .
It clearly isn't being used as a barometer, they (Villa) we're struggling badly when he took over, they have improved drastically and are now in touch with the European places.

It clearly isn't being used as a barometer, they (Villa) we're struggling badly when he took over, they have improved drastically and are now in touch with the European places.
I’m not having a go at you. Just stating that better than Chelsea doesn’t go for much this season. He’s improved them drastically and they have money to spend so it will be interesting to see the level of player they go for in the summer.

Some incredible stats on Match of the Day.

If the league started when Emery took over, Villa would be third. Ollie Watkins has scored in 5 straight away games. Laughed at this one though: Potter will be wondering if he should have signed McGinn before Fernandez.

They’re pushing for a European spot. Seemed impossible under Gerrard.

Potter is out of his depth at Chelsea. Made for life but where does he go after this, a championship team?
He didn’t exactly fail at Brighton so will have another premiership job in him before it comes to that.

Take your pick from who stays up from Everton/West Ham/Southampton/Leicester and I doubt he’ll be far away.

He’s a manager that’s makes small teams punch above their weight. Not so good at bigger teams.

Potter is out of his depth at Chelsea. Made for life but where does he go after this, a championship team?
Failing at Chelsea isn't a very exclusive club,it's almost taken for granted you'll fail at that club.
If he's sacked he'll get another Premier League club no bother.

Doing a great job there

First thought when I see his name is still good ebening though

Only team to have scored in every game since he took over. Now with an outside chance of qualifying for a European place. Clearly a very good manager.

Will probably be in the running for the England job at some point after Southgate, if he is not employed in the EPL at the time. Although that depends on Eddie Howe’s situation. Same with Gerrard.

Had a good run of last five fixtures was almost perfect in them, 13 out of 15 points. Almost all but guaranteed top 11 now which has to be a success.

He won't be doing that what with the money he's making.

And the payoff figure, c'mon.
Are you for real ? He will be entitled to all sorts of benefits if he's sacked, might even get his council tax paid and free school dinners for his 11 kids.

Doing some job but wouldn’t use the result against Chelsea as the barometer of that. They are rotten .
The barometer might be that they have won 4 out of the last 5 and have put themselves in contention for a European spot. And you’re right, Chelsea are rank, with players being played out of position and looking rudderless.

Amazing how he has turned things around at Villa. Stevie maybe should look and learn. Still hope he can improve as a manager. It takes time and experience.

Some incredible stats on Match of the Day.

If the league started when Emery took over, Villa would be third. Ollie Watkins has scored in 5 straight away games. Laughed at this one though: Potter will be wondering if he should have signed McGinn before Fernandez.

They’re pushing for a European spot. Seemed impossible under Gerrard.
Unrelated stat but something I found impressive yesterday. Brighton became the first team ever in the EPL to have all 10 starting outfield players record 2 shots at goal each

Emery is one of those coaches who does well at midtable teams where expectations are not as strong as a top tier club.

He'd be a complete flop at Chelsea.

Brilliant manager.

Night and day to what they had previously in Gerrard. And I mean that as no slight on Gerrard.

I thought he was a good appointment by Arsenal when took over, but that dressing room was full of prima donnas. Ozil, Auba, Guendozi and Sanchez. He never stood a chance.

Managing a big club is a totally different challenge. He has done really well at Villa. Not sure if he can do it at a top club. He probably will get a chance though.

If they get themselves into 7th place/into the Europa Conference League, then I wouldn't bet against him adding yet another European trophy to his collection

He got a raw deal at Arsenal. Replacing a legend. Average squad. Too many players thinking they owned the place. Recruitment led by a guy who sacked the scouting team and trusted his agent mates to identify players instead. Took Arteta and Edu 3+ years to sort it and he got far less than that. He did a great job at Villarreal and is doing great at Villa. Good manager.

They’ve also got a good run of games coming up.

Emery is a talented manager.

Tactics and set ups come and go, won’t be long before more managers are lining up with 4-4-2.

Ramsey and Buendia have been excellent in recent weeks.

I can see him ending up at Bournemouth or Southampton come next season. He’d do well with a new project when he has to get the best out of mediocre players. Chelsea was completely the wrong move for him.
Same thing happened to Big Sam when he went to Newcastle years back!

Back