Under valued spl players

Onabosman

With newcastle taking woods from burnley and burnley now apparantly looking at signing andy carroll from reading. If you were alfredo morelos would you not be wondering what you had to do to get a chance at the premiership? I accept we're miles bigger than both those teams but for a basic wage and recognition of your abilities it must be hard to accept?

Mate you will be pissing into the wind with that one because Del and his mates were telling us why Newcastle would never be intrested in Alfie because Newcastle were now shopping for the best CFs the world has ever seen

So Burnley must now be looking for someone better than the best in the world

Morelos would be pissing his career up the wall going to Burnley. Nothing against Burnley but they’re not a side who create a lot of chances and there’s a very good chance they’ll be going down this season.
Not saying he should go to burnley but in general getting a move to a mid table premiership club where he could kick on! For any doubters i want him to stay but his agent must be thinking wtf.

With newcastle taking woods from burnley and burnley now apparantly looking at signing andy carroll from reading. If you were alfredo morelos would you not be wondering what you had to do to get a chance at the premiership? I accept we're miles bigger than both those teams but for a basic wage and recognition of your abilities it must be hard to accept?
Totally agree, however Woods has proved he can score goals in the EPL. Whilst Alfie is by far a better player imo he would still be a gamble for a team that can’t afford a gamble. They have paid way over the odds for him solely because he’s a proven goal scorer at that level and it weakens a rival to go down. Alfie will get his chance if he gets his head down and performs as he can consistently.

It's pretty simple - They want players that have proven it in the EPL.

Woods for £25m is mental, but he has 10+ goals in the EPL for 4 consecutive seasons.

Totally agree, however Woods has proved he can score goals in the EPL. Whilst Alfie is by far a better player imo he would still be a gamble for a team that can’t afford a gamble. They have paid way over the odds for him solely because he’s a proven goal scorer at that level and it weakens a rival to go down. Alfie will get his chance if he gets his head down and performs as he can consistently.
You sound like someone right off SSN or Talksport.

A proven premier league goal scorer that’s why he has scored so much etc etc etc. He is a big ducking diddy who has scored THREE goals all season long

A proven premier league goal scorer that’s why he has scored so much etc etc etc. He is a big ducking diddy who has scored THREE goals all season long

That's one less goal than Kane and one more than Grealish, so are they also terrible?

10+ league goals 4 seasons in a row in the EPL is a good record any way you look at it, especially for a team like Burnley. Morelos may well be better- but it's a risk - players moving league is incredibly hit and miss.

That's one less goal than Kane and one more than Grealish, so are they also terrible?

10+ league goals 4 seasons in a row in the EPL is a good record any way you look at it, especially for a team like Burnley. Morelos may well be better- but it's a risk - players moving league is incredibly hit and miss.
Morelos is better - anyone with working eyes can see that.

He couldn’t lace Morelos’s boots imo. 30 year old target man for £25m in a day and age where the big CF have been more or less eridicated?

Morelos is better - anyone with working eyes can see that.

No one can predict what moving leagues can do.

Jelavic was sensational for us - but other than his first few months at Everton, did nothing in the EPL.

I don't disagree that Morelos is better - but I can understand a relegation fighting team going for targets that have proven themselves in the league.

No one can predict what moving leagues can do.

Jelavic was sensational for us - but other than his first few months at Everton, did nothing in the EPL.

I don't disagree that Morelos is better - but I can understand a relegation fighting team going for targets that have proven themselves in the league.
He scored seven goals with his first seven touches

Do I? I’ll take your word for it. I did say I agree with you, and to elaborate yes he’s not great but he’s a far safer bet than Morelos if your Newcastle imo. If my opinion is the same as those people I can’t really see why that’s a problem. Don’t listen to talkSPORT as I have a job and stopped watching sky about 6 months ago. I don’t rate him but I can see why. Its a football discussion I’m allowed an opinion

Yet he's have a Colombian playing in Scotland via Finland tearing it up in European competition.

Alfie's scored goals wherever he's played.
We've just sold our back up right back for £16m to the same league.

That said, I'm delighted they don't seem to be taking an interest in Morelos.

As they discussed sensibly on H&H, you increase the value of Wood to Newcastle in that he not only adds a potential 5 - 10 goals in their struggle to avoid relegation but you remove those 5 - 10 goals from one of the teams in the relegation battle with them.

That is a potentially huge swing in goals for a relatively small spend.

Secondly, hopefully this is Alfie's agent doing his job as a gatekeeper to his client and keeping offers from the EPL gutter out of his vision. The right deal will come for Alfie in the next 6-18 months. He doesn't need to be grasping for any old crap.

£25 million was the release clause, if he didn't have it then Newcastle wouldn't be near him, it's an opportunity to strengthen them while weakening a relegation rival.

Saw a good bit of the Brighton game last night and actually thought to myself Alfie would be perfect for them. They play some really good football and create plenty of chances. Just seem to be missing that wee bit up front, think Neville or Carragher said as much in the analysis.

People do realise Woods is a panic signing from
Newcastle.

I'd be surprised to see Woods still playing for them in 18 months. To me he's a stop gap to keep them up

The problem with Morelos is he has a reputation that tends to stick with him. Until Gio arrived let’s be honest he was not playing well and looked unfit which did him no favours. Continue his much improved form until the end of the season and offers will come.

I like Alfie but I think there are probably a couple of issues that may put EPL teams off him. I think he lacks half a yard of pace that they'd want down there and also, for a striker, he's not a particularly clean striker of the ball. For all that though I think he has other attributes and his Europa performances show he is capable of performing at a higher level.

As long as he's playing at the level he currently is though then I'm more than happy for him to be here. He's vital to us when he's performing.

Back