Underrated player

Sergio busquets, over 300 appearances for Barcelona, Euro winner and World Cup - will never get the plaudits of Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso or Silva

rightly so

he is good at being the fat kids football player, the other players are actually talented.

If you were down the park with that lot picking teams, that long faced wank is getting picked last every time.

RE the OP

The answer is Barry Ferguson, both first time and second time - because the praise he does get - he was actually better than that praise.

And he is a bit overlooked now because of how he left, and because like any person he has an opinion and thinks things.

He had adapted and managed his game and body when he came back - on the run to Manchester you always get uber hipster trash about how good Hemani was but he wasn't a patch on Ferguson

Ferguson was fucken unreal on the road to Manchester.

He helped set tone and dictate football in a way his 17 year old football brain was destined to - he took every bit of coaching he had taken from Advocaat, Numan, Smith, Souness and put it on the park to help his team play with control and sense and in a way that made Rangers look like a proper European team who wanted to decide how a game of football would be played - a skill no other Scottish player has really shown for about 25 years.

Ferguson, is a by a country mile the most underrated and under appreciated player we have on this forum in particular.

He is the best midfield player i will likely ever see play for Rangers - by honestly miles, he was so far ahead of Gazza, Gio etc who others would try and put in the conversation of the last 30 odd years anyway

These threads are usually littered with highly rated players who were considered amongst the best there was in their time.

rightly so

he is good at being the fat kids football player, the other players are actually talented.

If you were down the park with that lot picking teams, that long faced wank is getting picked last every time.
Just to clarify, you are saying Sergio Busquets is not a talented footballer?

RE the OP

The answer is Barry Ferguson, both first time and second time - because the praise he does get - he was actually better than that praise.

And he is a bit overlooked now because of how he left, and because like any person he has an opinion and thinks things.

He had adapted and managed his game and body when he came back - on the run to Manchester you always get uber hipster trash about how good Hemani was but he wasn't a patch on Ferguson

Ferguson was fucken unreal on the road to Manchester.

He helped set tone and dictate football in a way his 17 year old football brain was destined to - he took every bit of coaching he had taken from Advocaat, Numan, Smith, Souness and put it on the park to help his team play with control and sense and in a way that made Rangers look like a proper European team who wanted to decide how a game of football would be played - a skill no other Scottish player has really shown for about 25 years.

Ferguson, is a by a country mile the most underrated and under appreciated player we have on this forum in particular.

He is the best midfield player i will likely ever see play for Rangers - by honestly miles, he was so far ahead of Gazza, Gio etc who others would try and put in the conversation of the last 30 odd years anyway

Your last paragraph ruins what was up until then a fine post.

Your last paragraph ruins what was up until then a fine post.

Gascoigne wasn't in Fergusons league as a football player in a Rangers shirt.

For England, Spurs etc - Gazza was unreal - great for him , means nothing to me in the context of what I am saying as I am talking about Rangers - he was utterly dross in Europe - not solely on him, Smith was out of his depth at that level at that time, but none the less Gazza barely kicked his own arse in Europe - Ferguson built a CV of displays in Europe in a Rangers shirt that Gazza couldn't even dream about.

How can you be underrated if you are considered to be the greatest of all time? :oops:

Is he though? Not by everyone even though his stats alone pretty much prove it (or will).

He's underrated for the reasons I stated in my OP.

Baffled at someone calling Busquets fat :D

Busquets in his prime walks into any team in the world without doubt. Along with Xavi & Iniesta he made (and still makes) Barca tick.

BTW on the subject of underrated...Arthur at Barca doesn't get the recognition he deserves but I reckon within the next couple of seasons he will. Top player. Verratti is another.

Gascoigne wasn't in Fergusons league as a football player in a Rangers shirt.

For England, Spurs etc - Gazza was unreal - great for him , means nothing to me in the context of what I am saying as I am talking about Rangers - he was utterly dross in Europe - not solely on him, Smith was out of his depth at that level at that time, but none the less Gazza barely kicked his own arse in Europe - Ferguson built a CV of displays in Europe in a Rangers shirt that Gazza couldn't even dream about.
I'm afraid you're talking nonsense.
Ferguson was an outstanding footballer but a class or two behind Gazza, even at Ibrox.

Reactions: GF7
I'm afraid you're talking nonsense.
Ferguson was an outstanding footballer but a class or two behind Gazza, even at Ibrox.

He utterly wasn't

Gazza at his best for Rangers was his displays during 8IAR when he was excellent in games, in patches but that as his peak season simply didn't compare to what Ferguson put down in 2002/03

Feguson played for a lesser Rangers team against better Celtic teams and still outperformed what Gascogine put down.

Gazzas best display in a Rangers shirt came against Brain Irvine, Paul Bernard and Dean Windass and proceeded to be, pretty embarrassing in Europe, symptomatic of a shambolic era in Europe

Ferguson lived on a Rangers park against the best Celtic team most will see, and in Europe against sides like Bayern and Parma.

Ferguson at "failure" when he departed was still playing a role in helping Rangers win a league, Gazza at failure became a hindrance and a pain in the arse which helped us %^*& up a league against an inferior spend after insane spend

These are things, actual tangible, point at and look at things rather than just dismissive words.

Their CV for Rangers simply aren't even comparable.

Last edited:
Agree...and Colin Harvey in the same team. Tony Brown WBA, Kevin Hector Derby County, Alan Hudson Chelsea.
I was a great admirer of Alan Hudson.
He was a great player for Chelsea as a teenager and probably made that very good team tick.

Another who in my opinion could and should have been at the Very Top was Stan Bowles.

He utterly wasn't

Gazza at his best for Rangers was his displays during 8IAR when he was excellent in games, in patches but that as his peak season simply didn't compare to what Ferguson put down in 2002/03

Feguson played for a lesser Rangers team against better Celtic teams and still outperformed what Gascogine put down.

Gazzas best display in a Rangers shirt came against Brain Irvine, Paul Bernard and Dean Windass and proceeded to be, pretty embarrassing in Europe, symptomatic of a shambolic era in Europe

Ferguson lived on a Rangers park against the best Celtic team most will see, and in Europe against sides like Bayern and Parma.

Ferguson at "failure" when he departed was still playing a role in helping Rangers win a league, Gazza at failure became a hindrance and a pain in the arse which helped us %^*& up a league against an inferior spend after insane spend

These are things, actual tangible, point at and look at things rather than just dismissive words.

Their CV for Rangers simply aren't even comparable.
We'll have to agree to disagree I'm afraid.

Can not believe I'm reading that Bazza was better than Gazza

I'm going to have to phone my dealer to drop me off some more drugs because I'm well and truly lagging behind some others

I was a great admirer of Alan Hudson.
He was a great player for Chelsea as a teenager and probably made that very good team tick.

Another who in my opinion could and should have been at the Very Top was Stan Bowles.
Agree..one of the best..also Jimmy Robertson at Spurs then Stoke, Colin Viljoen at Ipswich.

Back