Union Bears And Safe Standing.

It Is Old But Beautiful

Copland Front would be the best location for it so it would require folk to move so that the Union Bears can actually be in the middle. The folk there could either be moved to other parts of the Copland Front or Broomloan Front or even put at the ends. This will piss folk off but it's a compromise. An alternative altogether would be a list you could join to be transferred to the Copland Front and everyone there could put their names down first. What I'm saying is not everyone will be happy but it has more positives in terms of atmosphere and making Ibrox a fearful place for teams.

I P Freely

It'll never be in the Copland Front folk would just complain about being moved. It'll be in the Broomloan Front as most people in the Broomloan Front move there because they want to be apart of the atmosphere therefore if you have safe standing in the full stand no one will complain as you can stand where you want pretty much.
If the club are scared of a rabble we should just give up

It Is Old But Beautiful

Surely the aim of the club should be to incorporate a safe standing area in each of the four sides of the ground?
This would enrich the atmosphere throughout the entire stadium enhancing the experience for all supporters in attendance and increase the vocal support for the team on the park.
It would, in addition, allow the club to influence the singing sections by vetting the supporters allowed access to these areas through the control of season ticket allocation.
The club could encourage the songs we want to be sung whilst basically using a carrot and stick approach to eliminating the 'bad' songs.
If you want to be part of these sections, then make sure you take responsibility in setting the correct tone around your part of the stadium.

Win win win...surely?
Safe standing all around the stadium just defeats the whole purpose of it. Safe standing would be an area where those who want to sing for 90 minutes as well as having flags out etc taking inspiration from clubs in Europe. By having all round the stadium folk wouldn't use it and just sit down.

joseph

Official Ticketer
If the club decide to put it in the CF, it’ll be going in the CF.
Logistics will determine the safe standing area - broomie causes lees upheaval as UB are already in there and would cause less disruption for ticket office

Last edited:

I P Freely

It's tiring seeing folk say "It's my seat" no it's not your seat, it's owned by the club. The club want a better atmosphere therefore by making a compromise you're helping in making Ibrox better in terms of atmosphere.
Under UEFA regulations a team can get 5% of the ground . Scottish cup it's 20% . That means we could end surrendering part of our Safe-Standing section if it goes in the Broomloan .

The Moon on Mars is Blue

After positive discussions with the club regarding safe standing we will be remaining in BF1 next season with the aim of working towards the creation of a safe standing area within the stadium in 2020.

As always limited spaces will become available within BF1 for next season, if you are interested in creating an atmosphere for 90 minutes and would like to move over to our section then please send the following details to BF1transfers@outlook.com or message the Union Bears Facebook page:

* Full Name

* Do you currently have a season ticket (yes/no)

* Rangers number (if applicable)

* Contact number

* Address

* Date of Birth

This is your chance to make a difference - move to BF1, help create an atmosphere and be part of the campaign moving towards safe standing!

Union Bears
No Surrender
Best of luck guys and hope it goes well.

bilkobear

Safe standing all around the stadium just defeats the whole purpose of it. Safe standing would be an area where those who want to sing for 90 minutes as well as having flags out etc taking inspiration from clubs in Europe. By having all round the stadium folk wouldn't use it and just sit down.
No, I mean a small section in each of the sides of the stadium.
I think we can find four different sections of supporters who want to stand and sing in all four sides of the stadium.
They, of course, need to be in areas where they don't interfere with the view of other supporters.
I am sure this could be managed.

It Is Old But Beautiful

No, I mean a small section in each of the sides of the stadium.
I think we can find four different sections of supporters who want to stand and sing in all four sides of the stadium.
They, of course, need to be in areas where they don't interfere with the view of other supporters.
I am sure this could be managed.
Every club in Europe has a dedicated stand for the folk who want flags out and sing for 90 minutes etc, by displacing everyone there's no sole dedicated area where chants begin that's the whole point of it.
E.g Hamburg's section in their stadium below.

JW1988

Copland Front would be the best location for it so it would require folk to move so that the Union Bears can actually be in the middle. The folk there could either be moved to other parts of the Copland Front or Broomloan Front or even put at the ends. This will piss folk off but it's a compromise. An alternative altogether would be a list you could join to be transferred to the Copland Front and everyone there could put their names down first. What I'm saying is not everyone will be happy but it has more positives in terms of atmosphere and making Ibrox a fearful place for teams.
I’m in cf4 I’d assume if the club are going to make a safe standing area it’ll be in cf3 right in the middle. The question is will people there stay or move, if they stay UB might be disappointed

BlueLedbetter

I’m in cf4 I’d assume if the club are going to make a safe standing area it’ll be in cf3 right in the middle. The question is will people there stay or move, if they stay UB might be disappointed
Think it would need to be the whole front or a corner or people sitting next to it would have blocked views

It Is Old But Beautiful

It would be best being the full stand, it would look much better as well. Too many folk in the Copland wouldn't want it sadly even though they sit in the Traditional Rangers End where the songs originated from which isn't the case anymore.

can safe standing add to the capacity or will it be kept the same due to safety reasons?

Boldvale

Official Ticketer
50p flute song and cheer up Steve Clarke was started at the other side of the stadium from the UBs.
It came from behind me in CR on Sunday. One of the worst songs we have, braindead singing this and will only land us in further trouble.

Eckhailitchenko

Good news.

The whole Copland Front all safe standing would be my preferred choice.

If not, the Broomloan Front will have to suffice.

I just feel the standing section should be in the traditional “Rangers” end.
And if successful as it will be the Broomloan front the following season.

rangeral

can safe standing add to the capacity or will it be kept the same due to safety reasons?
It can but more likely it will be 1:1

All down how much space in the actual row.

Everyone knows how much of squeeze to let someone pass in the row currently imagine that for 90 minutes or more.

JW1988

It would be best being the full stand, it would look much better as well. Too many folk in the Copland wouldn't want it sadly even though they sit in the Traditional Rangers End where the songs originated from which isn't the case anymore.
That’s too bad unfortunately. If they don’t want to stay there then the club will have to make them move. It’s for the greater good.

Buffalo

As I posted months ago, the panty wetting and wailing of arms about the club not implementing it was pointless as the club clearly had other more pressing things to attend to and it would come.

Glad to see it and looking forward to it, although it won't make a bit of difference to the overall atmosphere it will be excellent for the fans who like to stand for 90mins.

The_Seal

Wouldn't work mate. It would need to be the whole front. Can't imagine people sitting in the sections beside them, restricted views ect..

MSF

As I posted months ago, the panty wetting and wailing of arms about the club not implementing it was pointless as the club clearly had other more pressing things to attend to and it would come.

Glad to see it and looking forward to it, although it won't make a bit of difference to the overall atmosphere it will be excellent for the fans who like to stand for 90mins.
If they didn’t do anything it would of been purposely forgotten about. It was the right thing to do.

andrewmont1

How can you have standing in the middle of a stand? If I'm sitting next to them I am going to need to stand as well. And then the guy beside me and so forth.

Wazza

Although this is positive still not convinced people understand what safe standing actually is - not a fan of it myself, been in it a few times in Germany. Allocated place like you get with a seat.

Like I say it’s positive but very different to a terrace. Was in Belgium at the weekend at a few matches - Union St Gilloise (owned by Tony Bloom) and Antwerp. Stood at both matches with a pint and was so different to Britain now, seems so much easier and mature really. Hopefully one day we get that as the atmosphere is so much better with standing, hate sitting now myself.

Buffalo

If they didn’t do anything it would of been purposely forgotten about. It was the right thing to do.
But they are doing something, and it has been getting talked about for a lot longer than this, this isn't a snap decision from the board.

People were saying they should have been prioritising safe standing completely ignoring the fact the board since 2015 have had a lot more pressing issues to deal with, it was being used as a stick to beat the board with when in reality the board have gone about it the right way.

I am sure we will still have some people not happy where it ends up, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Joe 90

Official Ticketer
Under UEFA regulations a team can get 5% of the ground . Scottish cup it's 20% . That means we could end surrendering part of our Safe-Standing section if it goes in the Broomloan .
No reason the away team could take part of the govan stand instead of the safe standing

JW1988

Why’d u say it won’t make a bit of difference?
More people around UB means more people singing imo

JW1988

Although this is positive still not convinced people understand what safe standing actually is - not a fan of it myself, been in it a few times in Germany. Allocated place like you get with a seat.

Like I say it’s positive but very different to a terrace. Was in Belgium at the weekend at a few matches - Union St Gilloise (owned by Tony Bloom) and Antwerp. Stood at both matches with a pint and was so different to Britain now, seems so much easier and mature really. Hopefully one day we get that as the atmosphere is so much better with standing, hate sitting now myself.
Yeah a few don’t seem to grasp that there’s still seats they’re just either locked or left free to be up or down it’s not a free for all

Buffalo

Why’d u say it won’t make a bit of difference?
More people around UB means more people singing imo
It just won't.

Rangers vs Hamilton isn't suddenly going to be atmospheric because we have a standing section, it won't make a difference.

Similarly, games like Sunday, standing section or not, will be bouncing.

It is the nature of the UK in particular but football in general, matches have a level in terms of atmosphere and circumstances dictate it.

Not to say I am not 100% for it, I am.

BlueLagoonCo

It just won't.

Rangers vs Hamilton isn't suddenly going to be atmospheric because we have a standing section, it won't make a difference.

Similarly, games like Sunday, standing section or not, will be bouncing.

It is the nature of the UK in particular but football in general, matches have a level in terms of atmosphere and circumstances dictate it.

Not to say I am not 100% for it, I am.
Perhaps you’re right but what a spectacle it would be on European nights, filth games then your sheep and hivs