Union Bears And Safe Standing.

No, I mean a small section in each of the sides of the stadium.
I think we can find four different sections of supporters who want to stand and sing in all four sides of the stadium.
They, of course, need to be in areas where they don't interfere with the view of other supporters.
I am sure this could be managed.
Every club in Europe has a dedicated stand for the folk who want flags out and sing for 90 minutes etc, by displacing everyone there's no sole dedicated area where chants begin that's the whole point of it.
E.g Hamburg's section in their stadium below.
05f1d139a6cf5343896c739942a1a51e.jpg

Copland Front would be the best location for it so it would require folk to move so that the Union Bears can actually be in the middle. The folk there could either be moved to other parts of the Copland Front or Broomloan Front or even put at the ends. This will piss folk off but it's a compromise. An alternative altogether would be a list you could join to be transferred to the Copland Front and everyone there could put their names down first. What I'm saying is not everyone will be happy but it has more positives in terms of atmosphere and making Ibrox a fearful place for teams.
I’m in cf4 I’d assume if the club are going to make a safe standing area it’ll be in cf3 right in the middle. The question is will people there stay or move, if they stay UB might be disappointed

I’m in cf4 I’d assume if the club are going to make a safe standing area it’ll be in cf3 right in the middle. The question is will people there stay or move, if they stay UB might be disappointed
Think it would need to be the whole front or a corner or people sitting next to it would have blocked views

It would be best being the full stand, it would look much better as well. Too many folk in the Copland wouldn't want it sadly even though they sit in the Traditional Rangers End where the songs originated from which isn't the case anymore.

can safe standing add to the capacity or will it be kept the same due to safety reasons?

50p flute song and cheer up Steve Clarke was started at the other side of the stadium from the UBs.
It came from behind me in CR on Sunday. One of the worst songs we have, braindead singing this and will only land us in further trouble.

Good news.

The whole Copland Front all safe standing would be my preferred choice.

If not, the Broomloan Front will have to suffice.

I just feel the standing section should be in the traditional “Rangers” end.

And if successful as it will be the Broomloan front the following season.

can safe standing add to the capacity or will it be kept the same due to safety reasons?

It can but more likely it will be 1:1

All down how much space in the actual row.

Everyone knows how much of squeeze to let someone pass in the row currently imagine that for 90 minutes or more.

It would be best being the full stand, it would look much better as well. Too many folk in the Copland wouldn't want it sadly even though they sit in the Traditional Rangers End where the songs originated from which isn't the case anymore.
That’s too bad unfortunately. If they don’t want to stay there then the club will have to make them move. It’s for the greater good.

As I posted months ago, the panty wetting and wailing of arms about the club not implementing it was pointless as the club clearly had other more pressing things to attend to and it would come.

Glad to see it and looking forward to it, although it won't make a bit of difference to the overall atmosphere it will be excellent for the fans who like to stand for 90mins.

Wouldn't work mate. It would need to be the whole front. Can't imagine people sitting in the sections beside them, restricted views ect..

As I posted months ago, the panty wetting and wailing of arms about the club not implementing it was pointless as the club clearly had other more pressing things to attend to and it would come.

Glad to see it and looking forward to it, although it won't make a bit of difference to the overall atmosphere it will be excellent for the fans who like to stand for 90mins.
If they didn’t do anything it would of been purposely forgotten about. It was the right thing to do.

How can you have standing in the middle of a stand? If I'm sitting next to them I am going to need to stand as well. And then the guy beside me and so forth.

Although this is positive still not convinced people understand what safe standing actually is - not a fan of it myself, been in it a few times in Germany. Allocated place like you get with a seat.

Like I say it’s positive but very different to a terrace. Was in Belgium at the weekend at a few matches - Union St Gilloise (owned by Tony Bloom) and Antwerp. Stood at both matches with a pint and was so different to Britain now, seems so much easier and mature really. Hopefully one day we get that as the atmosphere is so much better with standing, hate sitting now myself.

If they didn’t do anything it would of been purposely forgotten about. It was the right thing to do.

But they are doing something, and it has been getting talked about for a lot longer than this, this isn't a snap decision from the board.

People were saying they should have been prioritising safe standing completely ignoring the fact the board since 2015 have had a lot more pressing issues to deal with, it was being used as a stick to beat the board with when in reality the board have gone about it the right way.

I am sure we will still have some people not happy where it ends up, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Under UEFA regulations a team can get 5% of the ground . Scottish cup it's 20% . That means we could end surrendering part of our Safe-Standing section if it goes in the Broomloan .

No reason the away team could take part of the govan stand instead of the safe standing

Why’d u say it won’t make a bit of difference?
More people around UB means more people singing imo

Although this is positive still not convinced people understand what safe standing actually is - not a fan of it myself, been in it a few times in Germany. Allocated place like you get with a seat.

Like I say it’s positive but very different to a terrace. Was in Belgium at the weekend at a few matches - Union St Gilloise (owned by Tony Bloom) and Antwerp. Stood at both matches with a pint and was so different to Britain now, seems so much easier and mature really. Hopefully one day we get that as the atmosphere is so much better with standing, hate sitting now myself.

Yeah a few don’t seem to grasp that there’s still seats they’re just either locked or left free to be up or down it’s not a free for all

Why’d u say it won’t make a bit of difference?
More people around UB means more people singing imo

It just won't.

Rangers vs Hamilton isn't suddenly going to be atmospheric because we have a standing section, it won't make a difference.

Similarly, games like Sunday, standing section or not, will be bouncing.

It is the nature of the UK in particular but football in general, matches have a level in terms of atmosphere and circumstances dictate it.

Not to say I am not 100% for it, I am.

It just won't.

Rangers vs Hamilton isn't suddenly going to be atmospheric because we have a standing section, it won't make a difference.

It is the nature of the UK in particular but football in general, matches have a level in terms of atmosphere and circumstances dictate it.

Perhaps you’re right but what a spectacle it would be on European nights, filth games then your sheep and hivs

I would go further and move all away supporters to the West Enclosure, extreme end. Those normally sitting there, I'm sure, wouldn't mind moving to the North West corner (better seats, view etc.) In most grounds I have been to, we get the worst area. It is time to return the serve.

It just won't.

Have to disagree, there’s lots of people around the ground who get funny looks for starting a song. If you move all of those people to one area the atmosphere will be much better especially as it’s right behind the goals and not in a corner.

Have to disagree, there’s lots of people around the ground who get funny looks for starting a song. If you move all of those people to one area the atmosphere will be much better especially as it’s right behind the goals and not in a corner.

I feel that people reckon I’m pissed when I try to start some singing in Cf and ended up giving up completely a few years ago

Because the fans around about them went greeting to the club and stewards every other week leaving no option but to move.

Regardless, they requested a move to an area to accommodate them and what they wanted to create/do which they were granted.

Agreed, I think it would be fantastic to have all the families in the Broomloan Stand (as it is now) and have them sing back and forward across the pitch to the Union Bears and the 4,000 (hopefully in safe standing) so its a good mix of generations between the fans getting the stadium rocking.

My only fear would be everyone in the Broomloan would then want to move to the standing section in the CF and the older guys 60+ would then want to move to the Broomloan Front.

How can we combat this healthy dilemma other than forcing pensioners to sing every song and don't stop doing the bouncy until the full time whistle.

That would require a managing director who would be capable of facing down the "it's ma seat um no moving" rabble and not buckling.

I'm going day that's harsh

Simple fact is union bears this year let themselves down the sheep game was disgusting with streamers the players had to end up cleaning up when we needed them focused and the silent protests we support the club not the union bears when we needed everyone to support - a lot of people went off the UB that night and ended up causing a negative atmosphere anger at the UB which then transferred to the players after a bit

I do believe union bears could be a massive benefit to our club but they need to stop acting like spoilt children when they don't get what they want

Save standing is a step forward for the club in general just don't mess it up as it will be removed as Quickly as created if similar incidents and some happen.

Heard that the proposed location will be broomloan front as it’s the area with the most support for it.

I’m all for safe standing and think it’ll improve the atmosphere but having it in the beoomloan is a disaster; get celtic in the scottish cup and you’d have celtic fans getting our standing section. I’d be disappointed if the UB accept broomloan for that reason

Heard that the proposed location will be broomloan front as it’s the area with the most support for it.

I’m all for safe standing and think it’ll improve the atmosphere but having it in the beoomloan is a disaster; get celtic in the scottish cup and you’d have celtic fans getting our standing section. I’d be disappointed if the UB accept broomloan for that reason

And certain European games

The first rule of designing a survey

What result do you want ?

The club has designed the "survey" in such a way that they got the result they wanted all because our managing director is too scared to face down the "it's ma seat um no movin" rabble.

The first rule of designing a survey

What result do you want ?

The club has designed the "survey" in such a way that they got the result they wanted all because our managing director is too scared to face down the "it's ma seat um no movin" rabble.

Most definitely however I also know folk in Broomloan front who are against safe standing so either way there’s going to be people who are angry about having to move.

I very much doubt there’ll be another club in the world who need to move their own fans for certain games, from the clubs only standing section.

Most definitely however I also know folk in Broomloan front who are against safe standing so either way there’s going to be people who are angry about having to move.

I very much doubt there’ll be another club in the world who need to move their own fans for certain games, from the clubs only standing section.

Crystal Palace have managed to get their ultras into the middle of the traditional home end no problem , and I couldn't imagine Dortmund even surrendering a tiny slither of the yellow wall .

Why’s that?
We didn’t give the sheep more tickets?
And for eurpean games why is it got to be the fans in the broomloan who have to move?

Back