Union Bears And Safe Standing.

Why’s that?
We didn’t give the sheep more tickets?
And for eurpean games why is it got to be the fans in the broomloan who have to move?

Govan tickets are more expensive meaning the club would lose more revenue if they put the overspill allocation in there

Why’s that?
We didn’t give the sheep more tickets?
And for eurpean games why is it got to be the fans in the broomloan who have to move?

Do you honestly think if we get Celtic in the scottish cup that the league allocations will be used? In europe, I’m sure the rules are very rigid in terms of clubs being entitled to 5% if they want that much - so where would they go? The govan front?

Broomloan has the least amount of ST holders and it’s always housed away fans whenever they’ve got more than just the corner.

Do you honestly think if we get Celtic in the scottish cup that the league allocations will be used? In europe, I’m sure the rules are very rigid in terms of clubs being entitled to 5% if they want that much - so where would they go? The govan front?

Broomloan has the least amount of ST holders and it’s always housed away fans whenever they’ve got more than just the corner.

It's actually 20% in the Scottish Cup , Kilmarnock got BF4 and BF5 in the cup . Hibs have had the Broomloan in cup on a couple of times over the years

And if everyone wants to stay put because they’ll get first refusal then what?

If they (CF season ticket holders) get first refusal and happy to stay there and embrace the safe standing then the UB’s have to stay put in BF1 until a space in the safe standing area becomes available.

To be clear..... safe standing is NOT just for the UB’s. It’s for anyone who wants to be a part of it. It’s the club that needs to be decisive- one way or another.

If we can get the UB’s in there, then that’s great and will be better imo. If not, then they may need to enjoy it from afar until space becomes available. Personally, one massive change is better. ie do it all at once. (We won’t keep everyone happy)

Heard that the proposed location will be broomloan front as it’s the area with the most support for it.

I’m all for safe standing and think it’ll improve the atmosphere but having it in the beoomloan is a disaster; get celtic in the scottish cup and you’d have celtic fans getting our standing section. I’d be disappointed if the UB accept broomloan for that reason

Correct me if I’m wrong... but the UB’s proposed the Broomloan Front (which was knocked back - hence the silent protest a few matches ago)

Personally I think it would be short term thinking and an “own goal” making it in the Broomloan Front.

Agreed, I think it would be fantastic to have all the families in the Broomloan Stand (as it is now) and have them sing back and forward across the pitch to the Union Bears and the 4,000 (hopefully in safe standing) so its a good mix of generations between the fans getting the stadium rocking.

My only fear would be everyone in the Broomloan would then want to move to the standing section in the CF and the older guys 60+ would then want to move to the Broomloan Front.

How can we combat this healthy dilemma other than forcing pensioners to sing every song and don't stop doing the bouncy until the full time whistle.
Let the older fans move into the Broomloan Front what’s the issue? The family stand is the Broomloan Rear.

Correct me if I’m wrong... but the UB’s proposed the Broomloan Front (which was knocked back - hence the silent protest a few matches ago)

Personally I think it would be short term thinking and an “own goal” making it in the Broomloan Front.
That was before this happened, the club are now realising fans wanted it. They’re planning on putting it in the Broomloan but Copland would be better.

If they (CF season ticket holders) get first refusal and happy to stay there and embrace the safe standing then the UB’s have to stay put in BF1 until a space in the safe standing area becomes available.

To be clear..... safe standing is NOT just for the UB’s. It’s for anyone who wants to be a part of it. It’s the club that needs to be decisive- one way or another.

If we can get the UB’s in there, then that’s great and will be better imo. If not, then they may need to enjoy it from afar until space becomes available. Personally, one massive change is better. ie do it all at once. (We won’t keep everyone happy)
What’s the point of having a safe standing section if the Ultras aren’t allowed to be there. That defeats the whole purpose of a safe standing section. The Union Bears are the ones who have campaigned for years for this to happen so why should they be shafted when it was their idea in the first place to have it. The Union Bears consist of only I would say ~100 core members so it wouldn’t be hard to move people to the Broomloan Front if they don’t want to be apart of it. With safe standing you can basically stand where you want as well.

The first rule of designing a survey

What result do you want ?

The club has designed the "survey" in such a way that they got the result they wanted all because our managing director is too scared to face down the "it's ma seat um no movin" rabble.
“it’s ma bit of plastic for 30 years son am no moving and am no joining in with the songs” These are the people who contribute nothing to the atmosphere and rather moan than cheer on the team. Put it in the Copland Front then get names of folk who want transferred into the Copland Front then there we go. Folk who want nothing to do with it can be moved to the Broomloan Front.

I'm going day that's harsh

Simple fact is union bears this year let themselves down the sheep game was disgusting with streamers the players had to end up cleaning up when we needed them focused and the silent protests we support the club not the union bears when we needed everyone to support - a lot of people went off the UB that night and ended up causing a negative atmosphere anger at the UB which then transferred to the players after a bit

I do believe union bears could be a massive benefit to our club but they need to stop acting like spoilt children when they don't get what they want

Save standing is a step forward for the club in general just don't mess it up as it will be removed as Quickly as created if similar incidents and some happen.
Why blame a group in a corner when there’s 49,000 folk in the stadium who could start songs but don’t. The folk complaining about the UB’s protests are hypocrites and I doubt they are the ones creating an atmosphere but rather shout abuse at our own players.

What’s the point of having a safe standing section if the Ultras aren’t allowed to be there. That defeats the whole purpose of a safe standing section. The Union Bears are the ones who have campaigned for years for this to happen so why should they be shafted when it was their idea in the first place to have it. The Union Bears consist of only I would say ~100 core members so it wouldn’t be hard to move people to the Broomloan Front if they don’t want to be apart of it. With safe standing you can basically stand where you want as well.

Let's be honest the UB has been the only group who have actually been pushing for it . Club1872 only joined the bandwagon when the saw the number of individuals RSC's who supported it and to slow down any momentum the UB had built up for it,

Im not denying that mate. I want the UB’s in there from a personal point of view (and I sit in the main stand).

By point is - we are not spending money and implementing a standing section purely for the benefit of the UB’s.
If they are in it - great.
If the are not in it - it might not be great, but at least it’s good that we’ve got it.

But as I said previously.... do it all at once. Get it implemented and get the UB’s in. Do it right, or not at all is my preference.

I would go further and move all away supporters to the West Enclosure, extreme end. Those normally sitting there, I'm sure, wouldn't mind moving to the North West corner (better seats, view etc.) In most grounds I have been to, we get the worst area. It is time to return the serve.
Totally agree look after our own first and foremost

Im not denying that mate. I want the UB’s in there from a personal point of view (and I sit in the main stand).

By point is - we are not spending money and implementing a standing section purely for the benefit of the UB’s.
If they are in it - great.
If the are not in it - it might not be great, but at least it’s good that we’ve got it.

But as I said previously.... do it all at once. Get it implemented and get the UB’s in. Do it right, or not at all is my preference.
That would totally defeat the purpose haha.

The UB need to be in safe standing. That would defeat the point, a safe standing section that doesn’t have our most vocal fan group in it.

What would be the point?

Whether we like it or not, the UB should be the front and centre of safe standing section.

There’s no point in having the stand opposite to the safe standing section having a better atmosphere.

That would totally defeat the purpose haha.

The UB need to be in safe standing. That would defeat the point, a safe standing section that doesn’t have our most vocal fan group in it.

What would be the point?

Whether we like it or not, the UB should be the front and centre of safe standing section.

There’s no point in having the stand opposite to the safe standing section having a better atmosphere.

I agree with that mate. My point is.... safe standing is for the full support. Not just for the union bears.

They should be in there. I’ve said that. But it shouldn’t be “their way or the highway”.

I’d be curious to know why the UB’s proposed the BF for safe standing not so long ago? (Which is a poor idea imo)

I agree with that mate. My point is.... safe standing is for the full support. Not just for the union bears.

They should be in there. I’ve said that. But it shouldn’t be “their way or the highway”.

I’d be curious to know why the UB’s proposed the BF for safe standing not so long ago? (Which is a poor idea imo)
Think they proposed a number of options but they’d all been rejected.

The UB have tried everything for the last seven years.

A move to BF3 was verbally agreed in 2012 but head of security David Martin rejected it.

I have no doubts the whole Broomloan would have been safe standing by now if it wasn’t for David Martin.

The problem for the board isn’t where to put safe standing, it’s where to situate the UB first before safe standing is installed.

Given that over the past couple of years we've had an issue with punters spilling out of stands at late winners or important goals I have this feeling that the club head of security is having kittens at the thought of safe standing and will try and implement it in as small an area as possible where fans can't possibly get on to the pitch.

Just watch. It'll be section CD7 and it'll kill the atmosphere with everyone being way up in the sky.

Ideally I'd love it if the Copland Front and the corner there were allowed it but the club treats the fans like crap. They operate very similarly to the way the club did things under Murray and I feel is if we're not trusted.

Good luck to those involved. I think you'll need it.

I would go further and move all away supporters to the West Enclosure, extreme end. Those normally sitting there, I'm sure, wouldn't mind moving to the North West corner (better seats, view etc.) In most grounds I have been to, we get the worst area. It is time to return the serve.
Have always said the very end of the West enclosure was the best place for away supports, totally agree with Ardoynes post

Think they proposed a number of options but they’d all been rejected.

The UB have tried everything for the last seven years.

A move to BF3 was verbally agreed in 2012 but head of security David Martin rejected it.

I have no doubts the whole Broomloan would have been safe standing by now if it wasn’t for David Martin.

The problem for the board isn’t where to put safe standing, it’s where to situate the UB first before safe standing is installed.

Your last sentence..... as I said, do it all in one sweep. We can’t keep everyone happy. Do it right, or not at all. Fück making it in the BF one year then thinking a year or two later, bugger it CF was better etc etc etc

The board need to “grow a set” and make a decision for the good of the majority support, atmosphere and benefit to the team.

Pick the best area and implement safe standing. Then deal with the collateral. Short term annoyance for long term gain.

Why blame a group in a corner when there’s 49,000 folk in the stadium who could start songs but don’t. The folk complaining about the UB’s protests are hypocrites and I doubt they are the ones creating an atmosphere but rather shout abuse at our own players.

Do you think it was acceptable the streamers at the start of the second half that our players came out prob with team talk/bollocking in a massive game to our season for them to then have to go clean it up and lose momentum from that act of stupidity .

Would we have won not so sure on that but certainly it didn't help.

As I've started I think the union bears have a massive party to play for the good but they need to quit the childish acts when they don't get what they want or they will lose the remaining good will people have for them

“it’s ma bit of plastic for 30 years son am no moving and am no joining in with the songs” These are the people who contribute nothing to the atmosphere and rather moan than cheer on the team. Put it in the Copland Front then get names of folk who want transferred into the Copland Front then there we go. Folk who want nothing to do with it can be moved to the Broomloan Front.

And it is that attitude that pisses some fans off, and rightly.

If I am asked to make way, asked if I would move for Safe standing or to move the UB then I would agree.

If I am told that the UB wants to move to the area and I have to move, I am kicking up a stink, especially if I am getting the attitude you are giving off.

People need to stop making this into us vs them, stop thinking because they sing a song they are a better fan than others who don't.

I spent probably close to £4k on tickets direct to Rangers this year including on hospitality, that doesn't make me a better or more important supporter than anyone else, but I will tell you what from a business point of view Rangers are not going to want to piss off fans who do contribute a lot of cash into the club for the sake of someone saying aye but I sing a song move them they don't support the team.

UB's, the club and other fans need to come together, talk it over, do a survey and then take it from there.

Acting like entitled little pricks (I am not saying that is what the UBS are doing, I am taking it directly from your post) is not going to get anyone anywhere.

Interestingly I will say again, the Atmosphere on Sunday, the 29th, Vienna was tremendous, so these "Im no joining in" "Ill moan instead of supporting the team" fans that you seem to dislike did contribute, it doesn't matter where you put the UBS or where you put safe standing, you will not get an atmosphere like that at a run of the mill Killie or Hamilton game, it will not happen.

Why’d u say it won’t make a bit of difference?
More people around UB means more people singing imo

it is football.

Big games = atmosphere
Games we are expected to turn up and entertain the crowd and pump Hamilton = no atmosphere.

If it was the case we needed the UBS in a position to generate the atmosphere, the atmosphere on Sunday, 29th, Vienna, etc wouldn't have been good.

It is all dependant on the game and other variable factors.

Why are people debating euro games, the entire point of this type of seating is to stop it being a standing area during euro games?

Back