Union Bears banner at stadium

Will be interesting today. Probably a very divided support on the matter.

Around GF1 even when the spivs wereat theor worst and we were protesting there was people saying that was mentally challenged behaviour etc etc.

This board are not a patch on them so doubt they will appreciate this.

Fwiw I agree with UB so already prepared for arguments today

Wilson is an issue

Robertson is prob doing what he has authority to do. Either he is right person im still 50/50.

Thing is these 2 are the targets but where we are stems from the board and it stems from parks.

I think we need new ideas on the board either through independent non exec directors or investment.

At moment we have ego game being played by Park and King club is suffering.

I do think we need a leader on the board or exec board we don't have that.

What is the correct way?
I've never met either Robertson or Wilson and I've no idea what their actual remit is nor the resources they are given to undertake it. Are they failing? I can't say that with certainty, can you? The Club is, gradually, getting back on its feet so it would appear Robertson is doing OK. I accept he's not the most 'dynamic' of personalities though. On the signings side, we've had some howlers. Undoubtedly. Is that entirely down to Wilson though? There will be others who form part of the signing discussions, including the Manager. I get that he's in charge but we've no idea how those discussions went. Did GvB insist on Matondo etc? I have no idea.

Toddler tantrums, which is what this is, won't drive either out of their jobs. Indeed, were I in a position in charge of them and I saw this sort of stuff I think I'd be more inclined to back my employee rather than sack them. I wouldn't be inclined to give in to the 'mob'. Then again, I'm kinda stubborn that way.

I'm gonna go against the grain. They should stick to what they are good at - backing the team.

That's not to say some of our staff shouldn't be under pressure but, for me, this is the wrong way.

They're good at a lot of things.

If the rest of the support were any good at backing the team and no sit back and treat the Ultras section like a jukebox, they may see some of the other things they're good at.

Protests are definitely one of them.

They're good at a lot of things.

If the rest of the support were any good at backing the team and no sit back and treat the Ultras section like a jukebox, they may see some of the other things they're good at.

Protests are definitely one of them.
Bring on the 'shark barriers', eh?:)

I'm gonna go against the grain. They should stick to what they are good at - backing the team.

That's not to say some of our staff shouldn't be under pressure but, for me, this is the wrong way.
Many people said similar about the “we deserve better” campaign. Remember that?

I don’t remember fans taking exception to that on the levels people have issues with the UB. Already know how this is going to go

Should the people involved in the “we deserve better” campaign have focused on what they were good at?

I think they are right to protest a section of the support does agree myself included. Do I want us throwing fences about outside the stadium not one bit but a banner to show we’re fed up with failure is not a problem to me. Will it result in Wilson being binned probably not but it should put pressure on him and make it clear he needs to up his game. He can’t take the plaudits for selling Bassey etc and not be held accountable for a number of shocking signings. Beale has got a tune out of some of these players but we need quite a radical overhaul of the squad. We hear constantly about succession planning but then we give one year extensions to ageing players who really if we’re honest needed replaced.
If Wilson left would anyone be in the slightest upset or worried? I think that is always the way of thinking of someone is successful in a job or not.

I don’t remember fans taking exception to that on the levels people have issues with the UB. Already know how this is going to go

Should the people involved in the “we deserve better” campaign have focused on what they were good at?
Walter Smith wasn't a big fan of 'we deserve better'. I thought this particular comment timely. Plus ca change and all that. Its clear the support are divided on the matter of protest so its always going to be emotive. Never seems to happen when we are on top right enough.

"While stressing he respects the rights of paying customers to voice an opinion, Smith said: "One of the points they made is that the club did not benefit from one of its most successful seasons ever [last season]. Six points earlier they said the management team must be sacked, so there's a contradiction there."

Fully agree with this. Still can’t believe people think Robertson and Wilson own Rangers lol and that by wanting them out you want the club sold to mystery folks.

Wilson is a failure.

Robertson has been here for 8 years and whilst there has been definite operational progress, we still lack the cutting edge and professionalism that Rangers deserves. It’s time for change.

I've never met either Robertson or Wilson and I've no idea what their actual remit is nor the resources they are given to undertake it. Are they failing? I can't say that with certainty, can you? The Club is, gradually, getting back on its feet so it would appear Robertson is doing OK. I accept he's not the most 'dynamic' of personalities though. On the signings side, we've had some howlers. Undoubtedly. Is that entirely down to Wilson though? There will be others who form part of the signing discussions, including the Manager. I get that he's in charge but we've no idea how those discussions went. Did GvB insist on Matondo etc? I have no idea.

Toddler tantrums, which is what this is, won't drive either out of their jobs. Indeed, were I in a position in charge of them and I saw this sort of stuff I think I'd be more inclined to back my employee rather than sack them. I wouldn't be inclined to give in to the 'mob'. Then again, I'm kinda stubborn that way.
You haven’t answered the question. What is the correct way for a group of people to put their point across?

This.
I'd say it's time for a change in leadership of the UBs.
Trust in what Beale is saying, ie back the team and have some trust in the overall process, as he does. We're on a great run of form ffs.

Walter Smith wasn't a big fan of 'we deserve better'. I though this particular comment timely. Plus ca change and all that.

"While stressing he respects the rights of paying customers to voice an opinion, Smith said: "One of the points they made is that the club did not benefit from one of its most successful seasons ever [last season]. Six points earlier they said the management team must be sacked, so there's a contradiction there."
That’s beside the point I’m making here. I can remember back to 2009 and I’m asking a rhetorical question here but did protesters receive the same vitriol that the UB receive?

What gave the RST the right to protest in 2009 if they weren’t speaking for the full fan base - which is something that’s often a stick used to beat the UB with. How come it was ok for the RST to protest but not the UB? Why did people not get uptight en masse with the RST in the same way the UB trigger people?

I also remember the criticism the UB took for the Always Ibrox protest. They turned out to be right on that one though, didn’t they

Fully agree with this. Still can’t believe people think Robertson and Wilson own Rangers lol and that by wanting them out you want the club sold to mystery folks.

Wilson is a failure.

Robertson has been here for 8 years and whilst there has been definite operational progress, we still lack the cutting edge and professionalism that Rangers deserves. It’s time for change.
Agreed. Robertson done a job initially but he’s 2/3 years by his sell-by date. The moment we regularly started competing in Europe again is when we should’ve been recruiting a MD with a new strategy and experience of leading a big club

This.
Trust in what Beale is saying, ie back the team and have some trust in the overall process, as he does. We're on a great run of form ffs.
A great run of form that means nothing in reality. The one match we needed to win we lost which is standard for this team who Wilson put together. The protests aren’t at Beale, they are at Wilson and Robertson who have lead us to many more failures than successes.
We may have a good run of form in the league but that is the exact time to protest, when things may look good on the surface.

This.

How else do the support voice their opinion though ?

Wilson has ultimately failed in his role which is why we have very few sellable assets and watched two key players(three if you include Goldson last year) run their contracts down and wipe out their value. The reinforcements from the sales of Bassey and Aribo have been largely a disaster.

As for Robertson, he wouldn't get a sniff of an interview over the road for the same position.

You haven’t answered the question. What is the correct way for a group of people to put their point across?
Do they actually have a point to put across is what I'm saying. Less than a year ago we were in the Europa final. The season before that we had an incredible unbeaten League season. The same folk were in charge, doing the same things. No real protests that I can recall. See the quote from Walter in post #26 for some perspective on the fickleness of fans.

I've no qualms about either Robertson or Wilson leaving. They are just another two employees who could, and will at some point, be replaced. Trying to hound them out, for me, is more likely to be counter-productive than successful. They will be gone when the Board decide they've not delivered - not because some fans are moaning.

That’s beside the point I’m making here. I can remember back to 2009 and I’m asking a rhetorical question here but did protesters receive the same vitriol that the UB receive?

What gave the RST the right to protest in 2009 if they weren’t speaking for the full fan base - which is something that’s often a stick used to beat the UB with. How come it was ok for the RST to protest but not the UB? Why did people not get uptight en masse with the RST in the same way the UB trigger people?

I also remember the criticism the UB took for the Always Ibrox protest. They turned out to be right on that one though, didn’t they

Yes, they did.

Ridiculous comparison to make.
The current regime has delivered some great times and undoubtedly has Rangers best interests at heart.
The one that the 'we deserve better' campaign targeted was a shower of asset stripping crooks.

Do they actually have a point to put across is what I'm saying. Less than a year ago we were in the Europa final. The season before that we had an incredible unbeaten League season. The same folk were in charge, doing the same things. No real protests that I can recall. See the quote from Walter in post #26 for some perspective on the fickleness of fans.

I've no qualms about either Robertson or Wilson leaving. They are just another two employees who could, and will at some point, be replaced. Trying to hound them out, for me, is more likely to be counter-productive than successful. They will be gone when the Board decide they've not delivered - not because some fans are moaning.
Everything you say above is totally fine, both entitled to our opinions. I was getting at the fact that you disagreed with the way in which they were putting their point across but now realise it’s more of what they are protesting against rather than the way in which they are doing it…which is totally fine imo, it’s ok to be against it.

It’s pretty tame compared to what other Ultra groups across Europe do to put pressure on their board. This is a pretty peaceful protest tbh.

At the end of the day they are an ultra group, so it always makes me laugh when people in our support seem to get offended at some of their actions

A great run of form that means nothing in reality. The one match we needed to win we lost which is standard for this team who Wilson put together. The protests aren’t at Beale, they are at Wilson and Robertson who have lead us to many more failures than successes.
We may have a good run of form in the league but that is the exact time to protest, when things may look good on the surface.

Beale is asking for the fans to trust and back the team, which the UBs are very good at.
He clearly trusts Wilson and Robertson, or he wouldn't be back.

Time for a change of the UB leadership, as they are heading for oblivion.

Helping the support get closer to safe standing? No.

Twice now petulantly withholding their support within the ground - immature and contradictory

Driven by needle between them and SR? Probably.

Overall disconnected from reality and the silent majority will still be greater than the convenient clappers of any protest today.

If we won the LCF they wouldn't be happening.

I appreciate and respect the right to protest, however I don't believe it takes sight of the bugger picture.

I asked on a previous thread about this, how long does a replacement in either role get to have the club back on top?

Whether we agree or disagree (I’m on the fence and probably closer to thinking this won’t help) the fact it comes to this does highlight one massive failing of the current management: dire levels of communication and engagement with the fanbase. If we’re not just a cash cow to be milked, it would be nice to get meaningful updates from Robertson and Wilson rather than their contractually obliged bits at the AGM. Maybe that’d be a start.

The current regime has delivered some great times and undoubtedly has Rangers best interests at heart.
The one that the 'we deserve better' campaign targeted was a shower of asset stripping crooks.
I’m not comparing the circumstances of what they’re protesting about, I’m fully aware of what the protests were about

My question is why the UB are criticised and the “they don’t speak for all fans” is a stick to beat them with but the same premise could be applied to the we deserve better campaign?

For what it’s worth, I supported we deserve better protests and I also support the current UB one. I just think the UB should be allowed to protest like any other group can if they want without the abuse and snipes like “stick to what you’re good at”

They have also delivered some awful times and are rightly due criticism.

Back