Union Bears banner at stadium

No. But there must be interested parties willing to come on board? What about that American bid we had recently? At the very least we should be head hunting some of the best talent out there at boardroom level and getting them in.

We are all grateful to the board but a lack of foresight and lazy appointments cost us 56. How can we go from winning the league and getting to a European final to being so far behind them again so quickly ?

If we don't qualify for the CL again and they manage to pick up a couple of wins in the group stages they will be out of sight financially. That usually only ends one way in our league.

Its should be us in that position.

Seriously? that American bid was was from some VCs looking to make some $s off RFC, they had zero interest in anything else.

I keep reading this nonsense that they'll be out of sight. Neither club will be out of sight unless a billionaire walks in and decides he wants to dominate our Mickey Mouse league (& can work around the FFP rules), and until then, the pendulum will swing both ways.

We're less than a year from competing in the EL final, we lost 56 (imho) as we were fighting on the Euro and home fronts, with an injury stricken squad.
We're not miles behind, we've matched their league results since Beale arrived in November, our best form in> 10 yrs. Unfortunately, they aren't dropping points either. Cest la vie.

It's less than a year since Seville and our SC win. We've hardly been starved of good times.

The board's going nowhere and nor should they, until they feel there's men or women with deep pockets and Rangers best interests at heart, to replace them.
I’ll give you seville, that european run was one of the biggest highs I’ve had as a rangers fan even though I know we fell short

1 league and 1 Scottish cup win since they’ve joined is hardly success though, is it? We certainly have been starved of good times as our trophy return since 2018 has been pathetic

Also, who is trying to chase anyone on the investors board? Robertson and Wilson are paid employees

If there’s legitimate criticism of certain employees then the people who put them there and continue to employ them are the ones to blame.
So the UB protest will be seen as having a go at guys who saved the club, put in £M’s of their own money. Just hope the board don’t walk away, or maybe the UB have a cunning plan?

If there’s legitimate criticism of certain employees then the people who put them there and continue to employ them are the ones to blame.
So the UB protest will be seen as having a go at guys who saved the club, put in £M’s of their own money. Just hope the board don’t walk away, or maybe the UB have a cunning plan?
What a ridiculous thing to say. So criticising Gio was ultimately criticising board members who’d invested and therefore fans shouldn’t have criticised?

My take, these wee guys seem to think they are defenders of the faith or something, I've always believed you take ownership for your own actions. These boys wanting a fundraiser because they chose to go out on a Sunday morning with like-minded idiots from the other side of the city doesn't sit right with me. I was brought up with the protestant work ethic drilled into me, these guys don't represent me or the club and I'll have nothing to dot with any of it

My take, these wee guys seem to think they are defenders of the faith or something, I've always believed you take ownership for your own actions. These boys wanting a fundraiser because they chose to go out on a Sunday morning with like-minded idiots from the other side of the city doesn't sit right with me. I was brought up with the protestant work ethic drilled into me, these guys don't represent me or the club and I'll have nothing to dot with any of it
Surely you have some cash to invest in the club Million Dollar Man

I’ll give you seville, that european run was one of the biggest highs I’ve had as a rangers fan even though I know we fell short

1 league and 1 Scottish cup win since they’ve joined is hardly success though, is it? We certainly have been starved of good times as our trophy return since 2018 has been pathetic

Also, who is trying to chase anyone on the investors board? Robertson and Wilson are paid employees
A lot of people clearly forget the absolute shitshow this board inherited. The playing squad, the management, the training ground, the stadium, the commercial deals..... it could be argued we won the league way earlier than we were entitled to expect, considering the massive head start that lot had over us. We should have won the treble that season too. The fact we didn't, losing to St. Mirren and St. Johnstone with the mhanks already eliminated, wasn't down to anyone but the players and management. Yes they've made mistakes, but they've invested plenty and not just financially. If there's a better option out there great, but our very recent history tells us that good Rangers men with deep pockets aren't queueing round the block to invest. We'd be far more likely to end up with guys like White, Ashley, Green etc looking to get their claws into us. 'Time for Change' eh. Unless there's some serious proposals regarding what we change to and that change is for the better, it's just a glib and utterly meaningless banner.

A lot of people clearly forget the absolute shitshow this board inherited. The playing squad, the management, the training ground, the stadium, the commercial deals..... it could be argued we won the league way earlier than we were entitled to expect, considering the massive head start that lot had over us. We should have won the treble that season too. The fact we didn't, losing to St. Mirren and St. Johnstone with the mhanks already eliminated, wasn't down to anyone but the players and management. Yes they've made mistakes, but they've invested plenty and not just financially. If there's a better option out there great, but our very recent history tells us that good Rangers men with deep pockets aren't queueing round the block to invest. We'd be far more likely to end up with guys like White, Ashley, Green etc looking to get their claws into us. 'Time for Change' eh. Unless there's some serious proposals regarding what we change to and that change is for the better, it's just a glib and utterly meaningless banner.
You’re talking about investment. The two paid, club employees the protests are directed at aren't investors

Personally don’t agree with there current campaign and if I’m honest I don’t really “get “ what the UB are about but sticking the boot into guys who (on the whole) do more good than bad leaves a bad taste.
We as a support get shafted at every turn and we take it.MyGers, the amount of kits, the cost,ticket allocation, lack of transparency from the club on matters etc.
We deserve better as a fan base , surely we all can agree on that? regardless of the means to obtain it. Publicly slaughtering each other only helps one other lot

No. But there must be interested parties willing to come on board? What about that American bid we had recently? At the very least we should be head hunting some of the best talent out there at boardroom level and getting them in.

We are all grateful to the board but a lack of foresight and lazy appointments cost us 56. How can we go from winning the league and getting to a European final to being so far behind them again so quickly ?

If we don't qualify for the CL again and they manage to pick up a couple of wins in the group stages they will be out of sight financially. That usually only ends one way in our league.

Its should be us in that position.
Here we go again.Kyle Fox didn't have a pot to piss in.

Last edited:
Personally don’t agree with there current campaign and if I’m honest I don’t really “get “ what the UB are about but sticking the boot into guys who (on the whole) do more good than bad leaves a bad taste.
We as a support get shafted at every turn and we take it.MyGers, the amount of kits, the cost,ticket allocation, lack of transparency from the club on matters etc.
We deserve better as a fan base , surely we all can agree on that? regardless of the means to obtain it. Publicly slaughtering each other only helps one other lot
You want the banner changed to “everybody oot” mate :D , agree though especially the appointment of Bysegrove, all he’s done is create a scheme to bleed the fans dry , you don’t participate ,you don’t get to watch your team

You want the banner changed to “everybody oot” mate :D , agree though especially the appointment of Bysegrove, all he’s done is create a scheme to bleed the fans dry , you don’t participate ,you don’t get to watch your team
that’s the thing though mate, small victory’s .
We have have had the myGers shite kicked into touch straight away but we allowed it.
Similar to the friendly against them in OZ, fan power can win the day.
More than one way to skin a cat

We’re 9 points behind as the current board held on to Gio too long

Humiliated in Europe after being charged the dearest tickets for the privilege

Millions wasted on dross in recent seasons under Wilson
Gio wasn't great but he took us to a European final. He almost certainly had a 12 month clause in his contract that gave the club an opportunity to flick him at lower comp than if they'd acted sooner. I agree about Wilson fwiw but from a corporate point of view he's fulfilling his role successfully given the money accrued from the sale of Paterson, Bassey and Aribo and that will be keeping him in a job for a while yet.

There are many within our support who fear safe standing might mean they lose 'their' seat. They criticise the UB at every turn as they see them as the main threat to their special view.
And what of it? They pay the same money as the UB, is their opinion less valid just because they don't agree? Plenty of people will have no desire to stand for 2 hours for a variety of reasons.

And what of it? They pay the same money as the UB, is their opinion less valid just because they don't agree? Plenty of people will have no desire to stand for 2 hours for a variety of reasons.

Plenty of people wont need to stand for 2 hours as there will be over 45,000 seats to sit on if we ever do get safe standing.

To use your own argument. The UB pay the same money as everyone else but they dont get the choice to stand. They have to sit because the likes of you say so.

Plenty of people wont need to stand for 2 hours as there will be over 45,000 seats to sit on if we ever do get safe standing.

To use your own argument. The UB pay the same money as everyone else but they dont get the choice to stand. They have to sit because the likes of you say so.
They have to sit because that's the law for large, all-seater stadiums. Not my decision.

Yep , but we have zoomers on here willing to back them.
Sad and funny at the same time.

Awww the weans don’t want to sit down .
Let them stand please - preferably in the car park having a protest .

There are many within our support who fear safe standing might mean they lose 'their' seat. They criticise the UB at every turn as they see them as the main threat to their special view.
Don’t understand this argument , if safe standing is installed , you trying to tell me a couple of thousand bears out with the UB will go stand directly behind the goals and be left alone to watch the game ? Absolute no chance , directly behind the goals in safe standing will be the UB’s “special view” ,so people who enjoy their weekly view just now and are frowned upon, have to move for others to stand in the same place every week

Last edited:
Aye it’s only “weans” that want safe standing and there’s definitely no one other than the UB that stand at home games.

If you go to away games you’ll know the away end stands though I’m going to guess you don’t
Wrong
Let them stand at Ibrox - in BF1.
Others in Ibrox cannot get a seat move, why should they get one?

Wrong
Let them stand at Ibrox - in BF1.
Others in Ibrox cannot get a seat move, why should they get one?
Id guess that more than 50% of BF right across the full lower section stand at the majority of games. People in the west enclosure stand some games.

It’s more than just the UB that stand at present and if there was a safe standing section, demand would vastly outstrip supply. Id like a standing section but my days of jumping about like I did for 3 seasons in BF1 are over

What you’re talking about is people being displaces. What I’d say in response - having BF1 as a blank canvas would allow for a wider seat move process to take place. I’m not suggesting it would be easy right enough

Aye it’s only “weans” that want safe standing and there’s definitely no one other than the UB that stand at home games.

If you go to away games you’ll know the away end stands though I’m going to guess you don’t
Correct
I remember standing through Celtic and European games at Ibrox recently
Copland loyal
not bad for old git lol

Mate, the reality is very few of them could tell you a single thing about the game they are there to watch after it’s finished.

For these guys going to the football is he-haw about the actual football it’s about getting bongoed

This may be the biggest load of pish I've ever read on here and that's saying something.

You do realise they put countless hours in during the week aswell as their own personal money with no return, not to mention hassle from police and having to make adaptations to their personal life. You genuinely think they do this in the name of getting "bongoed"? Hilarious.

The fact that you think all fans should simply be there to "watch the game" sums up the pish attitude of many fans and the reason Ibrox is a library without them. They are there to actively support the team, it isn't the cinema.

Edit - Laugh react but don't counter any of my points, I win then I guess. :) (not that I had to even post anything, your "point" is as I say one of the worst i've ever read on here)

Last edited:
They have to sit because that's the law for large, all-seater stadiums. Not my decision.

My point is, you're against the UB choosing to stand as you've stated there are plenty who dont want to stand for 2 hours. The UB arent asking for everyone to stand. I doubt there will ever be more than 5k out of 50k assuming the club eventually agrees to safe standing.

Those that want to stand should be given that choice.

This may be the biggest load of pish I've ever read on here and that's saying something.

You do realise they put countless hours in during the week aswell as their own personal money with no return, not to mention hassle from police and having to make adaptations to their personal life. You genuinely think they do this in the name of getting "bongoed"? Hilarious.

The fact that you think all fans should simply be there to "watch the game" sums up the pish attitude of many fans and the reason Ibrox is a library without them. They are there to actively support the team, it isn't the cinema.

Those that want safe standing should be given a choice.

I've never understood the desire for safe standing being so high up the list. Those who want to stand will stand anyway. It's up there with people who don't give a %^*& about disabled facilities wanting them as it's a convenient stick to beat the board with.

Last edited:
My point is, you're against the UB choosing to stand as you've stated there are plenty who dont want to stand for 2 hours. The UB arent asking for everyone to stand. I doubt there will ever be more than 5k out of 50k assuming the club eventually agrees to safe standing.

Those that want to stand should be given that choice.
I quote "There are many within our support who fear safe standing might mean they lose 'their' seat. They criticise the UB at every turn as they see them as the main threat to their special view"

So the UB, based on your post, don't give a fck that some people like to sit in parts of the stadium that they may have been in for decades. It's probably bad enough having some dick waving a flag in front of you for 90 minutes without being told to move because your view and enjoyment of the game is less important than the rights of the UB to stand up and wave their flags. Do you even realise how entitled that sounds?

I've never understood the desire for safe standing being so high up the list. Those who want to stand will stand anyway. It's up there with people who don't give a %^*& about disabled facilities wanting them as it's a convenient stick t o beat the board with.
Those two things don’t need to be mutually exclusive though but if you were to ask me what the priority is, I’m under no illusions that disabled facilities should get preference

I quote "There are many within our support who fear safe standing might mean they lose 'their' seat. They criticise the UB at every turn as they see them as the main threat to their special view"

So the UB, based on your post, don't give a fck that some people like to sit in parts of the stadium that they may have been in for decades. It's probably bad enough having some dick waving a flag in front of you for 90 minutes without being told to move because your view and enjoyment of the game is less important than the rights of the UB to stand up and wave their flags. Do you even realise how entitled that sounds?

Where did I say they "dont give a %^*& that some people like to sit in parts of the stadium that they may have been in for decades"? If anything its people like you referring to them using abusive terms like "dick" that are entitled. You dont own 'your' seat no matter how long you've paid to sit in it. Constantly criticising the UB and others who want to stand just makes you look selfish and "entitled."

Dont forget a good atmosphere improves the matchday experience for everyone, including the players.

Stewart Robertson and Ross Wilson do not own the club lol

They should be let go and better, higher calibre employees sought. “Best in class”.
I get the impression that Dougie Park isn't very comfortable in the public eye,if you like,if that's the case he needs someone at the helm who is. I just think he's happier working in the background. Who could that be, it certainly isn't SR, especially after the backtracking over the European revenue mind you,so has Dougie Park done a bit of backtracking after 55, so where does the buck stop.

Wilson is an issue

Robertson is prob doing what he has authority to do. Either he is right person im still 50/50.

Thing is these 2 are the targets but where we are stems from the board and it stems from parks.

I think we need new ideas on the board either through independent non exec directors or investment.

At moment we have ego game being played by Park and King club is suffering.

I do think we need a leader on the board or exec board we don't have that.
No one is going to keep investing and investing and investing if the club is not being run financially in a responsible manner.

The money for Ed House was an easy investment for those guys because of the ROI involved and creating a positive cash and revenue stream.

No one is going to keep investing and investing and investing if the club is not being run financially in a responsible manner.

The money for Ed House was an easy investment for those guys because of the ROI involved and creating a positive cash and revenue stream.
Like I said it doesn't need to be investors it can be non exec or independent directors we need different ideas.

I actually think NEH will make money and is a good idea but if costings were going to impact the team the team had to come first short team.

It's like selling the car park I do think ultimately its one of the decisions we will look back on in 20/30 years and regret as we have blocker after blocker put in front of any stadium expansion put in front of us.

Stadium expansion is what we should be planning now even if it is 15/30 years down the line..... getting plans then looking at funding through fan initives, ring fenced, stadium naming rights, club contributions etc until it can be done.

While the scum if needed have spent the last 10/15 years growing the stadium footprint we are shrinking ours will be able to increase stadium no hassles and we fall behind income wise again.

Short term we should be looking at safe standing, we should be looking at a ticketing system that is getting worse

Like I said it doesn't need to be investors it can be non exec or independent directors we need different ideas.

I actually think NEH will make money and is a good idea but if costings were going to impact the team the team had to come first short team.

It's like selling the car park I do think ultimately its one of the decisions we will look back on in 20/30 years and regret as we have blocker after blocker put in front of any stadium expansion put in front of us.

Stadium expansion is what we should be planning now even if it is 15/30 years down the line..... getting plans then looking at funding through fan initives, ring fenced, stadium naming rights, club contributions etc until it can be done.

While the scum if needed have spent the last 10/15 years growing the stadium footprint we are shrinking ours will be able to increase stadium no hassles and we fall behind income wise again.

Short term we should be looking at safe standing, we should be looking at a ticketing system that is getting worse

NEH will not affect the team as the money that was loaned was specifically for that purpose and something that the major shareholders wanted to do to because of the long term financial benefits. It's an investment that will pay off in the future.

Buying players is always a risk and I doubt that they would have made such a loan for a player (at that time) unless it was someone like Tillman where they have an option for a fantastic player who has a high chance of success.

NEH will not affect the team as the money that was loaned was specifically for that purpose and something that the major shareholders wanted to do to because of the long term financial benefits. It's an investment that will pay off in the future.

Buying players is always a risk and I doubt that they would have made such a loan for a player (at that time) unless it was someone like Tillman where they have an option for a fantastic player who has a high chance of success.
Id say until Dougie park put 5 mill the money in for sponsorship money in it did impact the team as budgets would have had to be managed.

That money is the extra that it was going to cost. We partly funded it with the sponsorship 150 etc

You can not fault DP for doing that but it would definately have impacted budget 2 years ago when project started.

Back