Union Bears banner at stadium

If the 'boycott' against Raith was anything to go by, I'd reckon it's only about a quarter/one third of BF1 that are UB.
Even less than that. At a guess I’d say a few rows would be members and the ones behind will be the ones that aren’t members but are BF1 section season ticket holders

The UBs do so many great things that they could have a lot of influence - if they were clever about selecting their battles.

Flitting topics like the ACAB stuff will only lose momentum and support in more important areas.

In other words, the board and anyone else at Rangers making these kind of decisions can't win.
No. Fans turned and the board acted eventually, though some fans wanted it done sooner. The thought process, in my own opinion, will be that fan pressure has worked previously so they think it will work in this situation

I can’t see Robertson getting sacked but I could foresee Wilson being the sacrificial lamb

No. Fans turned and the board acted eventually, though some fans wanted it done sooner. The thought process, in my own opinion, will be that fan pressure has worked previously so they think it will work in this situation

I can’t see Robertson getting sacked but I could foresee Wilson being the sacrificial lamb
Possibly, but I don't think it's on the horizon.

Good post. I think I’d call you grown up rather than stubborn. My question to those seeking the sack for Robertson and Wilson is - who do you want to replace them?
Leanne Dempsey or similar to replace Robertson
Beale and his management team replace Wilson
Do we need director of football ?

At the latest AGM and previous agms our fans/ shareholders were poorly delt with by Wilson and Robertson
Director of football Christian Nelinger ? excuse my spelling

Last edited:
Pardon? That’s a load of utter nonsense when you consider BF1 has actively supported the team on the pitch vocally since it’s inception in 2011/12

You can criticise them for whatever you wish but don’t try and pretend that fans in BF1 only support the club when the going is good. If you want to go down that route, look at fans who jumped on the bandwagon when we got back to the top league

The UB always have and always have been about their own egos. They have taken the huff because they aren’t getting their move but do you blame the board. Nearly every game they are singing sectarian songs and throwing flares on to the pitch. Until they can behave themselves they should be told to bolt

The UB always have and always have been about their own egos. They have taken the huff because they aren’t getting their move but do you blame the board. Nearly every game they are singing sectarian songs and throwing flares on to the pitch. Until they can behave themselves they should be told to bolt
Nearly every game they’re throwing flares onto the pitch?

What do you gain by spouting an outright lie like that?

Nearly every game they’re throwing flares onto the pitch?

What do you gain by spouting an outright lie like that?
It’s not a lie. Can’t remember the last away game I was at when flares weren’t on the pitch. At home there is always cups and coins thrown at opponents at corners. You can’t defend their behaviour. The amount of fines they have been responsible for in europe is ridiculous also

It’s not a lie. Can’t remember the last away game I was at when flares weren’t on the pitch. At home there is always cups and coins thrown at opponents at corners. You can’t defend their behaviour. The amount of fines they have been responsible for in europe is ridiculous also
You said flares. You said “nearly every game they are singing sectarian songs and throwing flares on to the pitch.” That is a blatant lie.

Can’t recall there being pyro at Dundee Utd away off the top of my head.

Sectarian singing too. Is that only an issue that can be directed at the UB? More often than not the songs are started by fans that aren’t standing near the UB (I’m not saying they don’t join in). But it’s amazing how they get blamed solely for the songs. UB have actually done a decent job at introducing new songs and cleaning up the song book

Mate, the reality is very few of them could tell you a single thing about the game they are there to watch after it’s finished.

For these guys going to the football is he-haw about the actual football it’s about getting bongoed
The Union bears were still there well after final whistle when some of players applauded fans at each of stands
Just saying as most of fans had left ground

No, I'm not crossing any wires.

I dont think people would be protesting if we were regularly winning trophies.

We are not regularly winning trophies, in the main, because celtic have more money than us.

I don't see how changing these 2 roles see us overtake celtic financially like a magic wand could, and we will still fail to win trophies regularly until we are on an even financial footing for a consistent period of time.

Still nobody has answered how long new people would get in their role to fix things, as if they say longer than a season it makes the protest redundant, yet they know they would need to be given longer than next season.
That's a stunning observation there mate that the fans wouldn't be protesting if we were winning things.

There's not much precedent for visual protests such as these towards board members so I've no idea where you're getting this logic from that the fans will chase any new appointments out of town after 1 defeat to Celtic.

You disagree with the protests but your arguments about why are absolutely all over the place.

Every single one of the 'incidents' the UB are protesting about were also happening last season so why only have the protests begun this season?
I've already touched on that it's an accumulative effect.

Happy to debate the points mate but please read my posts.

We have spent £10m+ on players that wouldn’t have improved our starting 11 from last season. It’s not that we don’t have funds, it’s the fact the funds are being misused

The reason we’re behind Celtic is because of our results against teams that have a fraction of our budget. If you’re going to bring up budgets as a reason why Celtic are ahead, I’ll point out our budget dwarfs every team out with Celtic at least 2 times over
All of the issues you've listed are to be directed at Gio.

He chose the players, and he dropped the points against the rest.

In the space of one post you've gone from "nearly every game" to away games, but only the ones you actually attended.

Now to compound the lie further, you've chucked in the utterly made up "always cups and coins thrown at corners".

Given that it "always happens" I simply have to ask.
Why does nobody ever get hit? It can't be more than 15ft between the stand and the corner, yet they miss every time?

I would give wilson the summer after his last few signings personally but I absolutely respect the UB’s right to put the banners out.

The acab and ‘if you hate the polis clap your hands’ was so so cringey our entire area turned round and grimaced. The stand with the banned donation request is also ridiculous.

If they wrap all that mince I think more would get on board with their messaging personally

Cant argue with the anti Wilson propaganda as i feel if a manager gets sacked (Gio, which i wanted) from poor performances then the man responsible for signing players should be looked at too.

So no arguiment there, however when we see banners about the board and upholding standards and effectively sacking the board then cast your mind back to circa 2009 and the "We deserve better" banners. A lot of the Ibrox faithful wanted rid of Murray (myself included which started with Le Guen, Ferguson debacle 2 years previously). The point here as much as i wanted rid of Murray (largely to blame for our failures and downfall) the first person who came in was not the answer, cant name him as we know who that rat was.

Fast forward to present day and alot of bears wanting Park to resign and let the USA investment firm invest in us and become largest shareholder. I would be wary as soon as there is no money to be made these people asset strip to recover losses and leave when they can.

I know this will be met with "what do we do sit back and do nothing" (read first sentence towards one employee). Be careful for what we wish for.

I would give wilson the summer after his last few signings personally but I absolutely respect the UB’s right to put the banners out.

The acab and ‘if you hate the polis clap your hands’ was so so cringey our entire area turned round and grimaced. The stand with the banned donation request is also ridiculous.

If they wrap all that mince I think more would get on board with their messaging personally
That’s something I will agree with, it was embarrassing

It really was. Basically nobody clapped. Folk were properly cringing
I don’t agree with how football fans are policed in this country but the whole ACAB/1312 thing is forced.

The “if you hate the fucking polis clap your hands” was beyond embarrassing. Probably about 10 rows of fans in BF1 clapping along. I’ve never faced the level of harassment they get so maybe if I had experience of it I’d think differently but do they honestly think the rest would join in with that

No. The we deserve better campaign was absolutely justified and I supported it at the time. I was questioning whether those protesting got the same vitriol against them as my memory suggested they didn’t. @dublinbluenose has informed me that David Edgar was threatened, I wasn’t aware of this

RST We deserve better was justified
UB current protest is justified
Agree 100%

That's a stunning observation there mate that the fans wouldn't be protesting if we were winning things.

There's not much precedent for visual protests such as these towards board members so I've no idea where you're getting this logic from that the fans will chase any new appointments out of town after 1 defeat to Celtic.

You disagree with the protests but your arguments about why are absolutely all over the place.

How long should any new appointments to the roles be allowed to get the club back on top and regularly winning the league and cups?

I never said they would be chased after 1 defeat to Celtic btw.

100% - everyone around me shaking their head, it was embarrassing.

The way we are policed is a disgrace, Hibs away a perfect example of serious endangerment to fans. But I don’t want ACAB chants and others at the police. It’s thoroughly embarrassing.
100% agree mate. Wee boy behind me asked his dad what it meant and his dad told him to ignore them. These kids idolise the UB and thats the pish served up. Genuinely people were shaking their heads properly embarrassed

In the space of one post you've gone from "nearly every game" to away games, but only the ones you actually attended.

Now to compound the lie further, you've chucked in the utterly made up "always cups and coins thrown at corners".

Given that it "always happens" I simply have to ask.
Why does nobody ever get hit? It can't be more than 15ft between the stand and the corner, yet they miss every time?

Stand by it, they are out of control. If it’s not flares and singing it’s telling folk where they can and can’t sit at away games then putting up their flags that mean everybody behind them can’t see the game. They don’t care as the game itself it’s an irrelevance to them.

100% agree mate. Wee boy behind me asked his dad what it meant and his dad told him to ignore them. These kids idolise the UB and thats the pish served up. Genuinely people were shaking their heads properly embarrassed
Yeah i have backed the UB re these protests, and the protests are still correct, just like last years protests v Paedos friendly were correct. But that today - nah count me out. The paedos across the city are doxing police officers - is this the way the UB are headed? Please no.

Yeah i have backed the UB re these protests, and the protests are still correct, just like last years protests v Paedos friendly were correct. But that today - nah count me out. The paedos across the city are doxing police officers - is this the way the UB are headed? Please no.
It certainly seems like it is mate. Part of some ‘ultra code’ or something as cringey no doubt

The UBs do so many great things that they could have a lot of influence - if they were clever about selecting their battles.

Flitting topics like the ACAB stuff will only lose momentum and support in more important areas.
I agree. Their chant today about if you hate the fckn polis clap your hands didn’t exactly take off. From where I sit it was really only them and a few others clapping. I support the UB but I’m not buying into this whole acab thing. It’s a bit Celticy for me.

Souttar
Ridvan
Davies
Lawrence
Colak
Matondo
Tillman
Raskin
Cantwell

In terms of ability there is only one absolute howler on that list, who even then might still come good given time. Injuries another matter of course.

Transfers since he came in really haven't been as bad as made out.

I've never met either Robertson or Wilson and I've no idea what their actual remit is nor the resources they are given to undertake it. Are they failing? I can't say that with certainty, can you? The Club is, gradually, getting back on its feet so it would appear Robertson is doing OK. I accept he's not the most 'dynamic' of personalities though. On the signings side, we've had some howlers. Undoubtedly. Is that entirely down to Wilson though? There will be others who form part of the signing discussions, including the Manager. I get that he's in charge but we've no idea how those discussions went. Did GvB insist on Matondo etc? I have no idea.

Toddler tantrums, which is what this is, won't drive either out of their jobs. Indeed, were I in a position in charge of them and I saw this sort of stuff I think I'd be more inclined to back my employee rather than sack them. I wouldn't be inclined to give in to the 'mob'. Then again, I'm kinda stubborn that way.

I’d be the same. We have a waiting list for season tickets. I’d throw sections of the Broomloan Front open to Public sale at the end of the season.

Stand by it, they are out of control. If it’s not flares and singing it’s telling folk where they can and can’t sit at away games then putting up their flags that mean everybody behind them can’t see the game. They don’t care as the game itself it’s an irrelevance to them.
“if it’s not flares”. But you said they throw them on the pitch every game

You ready to admit you completely made that up and it’s untrue?

If we won the LCF they wouldn't be happening.

I appreciate and respect the right to protest, however I don't believe it takes sight of the bugger picture.

I asked on a previous thread about this, how long does a replacement in either role get to have the club back on top?

Hard to know who is really behind this but there some within the club who believe he lives in South Africa.

Back