Union Bears banner at stadium

Time for a change of the UB leadership, as they are heading for oblivion.

Helping the support get closer to safe standing? No.

Twice now petulantly withholding their support within the ground - immature and contradictory

Driven by needle between them and SR? Probably.

Overall disconnected from reality and the silent majority will still be greater than the convenient clappers of any protest today.
I wish the UB would disappear asap.
They really annoy me with their entitled shite.
The standard of player Wilson / Manager bring in is determined by finances.
This season we brought in really good players Davies, Lawrence, Tillman, Raskin, Cantwell and Colak , only Matondo and Yilmaz are questionable.
Robertson has the club financially stable.

Do the weans want us to overspend cause they’re no happy?
Aww

Leanne Dempsey or similar to replace Robertson
Beale and his management team replace Wilson
Do we need director of football ?

At the latest AGM and previous agms our fans/ shareholders were poorly delt with by Wilson and Robertson
Director of football Christian Nelinger ? excuse my spelling
Wtf is Leanne Dempsey

I'm no happy clapper and believe change may help.
The main issue for me is lack of budget.
Who would UB have as replacements just now, given our current budget ?

“if it’s not flares”. But you said they throw them on the pitch every game

You ready to admit you completely made that up and it’s untrue?
He’s spot on with the rest though, although loads won’t admit that and actually point the finger of blame at the bear wanting to watch the game

He’s spot on with the rest though, although loads won’t admit that and actually point the finger of blame at the bear wanting to watch the game
Discussed at length with you before. The flag issue I concede, the rest is total bollocks.

Can’t come on a public forum and say they throw flares on the pitch every game and expect not to be challenged on it. It was a downright lie. It affects the credibility of the rest of his post too if he’s willing to manufacture situations that aren’t true

It was refreshing to see and hear the support they got for the ridiculous anti police chanting.

Last edited:
Stand by it, they are out of control. If it’s not flares and singing it’s telling folk where they can and can’t sit at away games then putting up their flags that mean everybody behind them can’t see the game. They don’t care as the game itself it’s an irrelevance to them.
If it's that big a deal, please tell me have you ever reported the constant coins and cups being thrown every time a corner is taken at Ibrox to either stewards or the club themselves?

Of course you haven't, because it didn't happen.

Flags, songs, fixation with bobby sands/the ira? There's enough to have a go at them for without making shit up.

100% agree mate. Wee boy behind me asked his dad what it meant and his dad told him to ignore them. These kids idolise the UB and thats the pish served up. Genuinely people were shaking their heads properly embarrassed
They are protesting against the way the police treat them with a heavy hand.
Surely you more than anyone arent going to deny people the right to protest?
Protests are meant to be uncomfortable and inconveniently, that's the whole raison d'etre.
Just because you don't likenit doesn't make their protest any less legitimate. That's how it works right?

This season we brought in really good players Davies, Lawrence, Tillman, Raskin, Cantwell and Colak , only Matondo and Yilmaz are questionable.

Aww
Yilmaz is questionable? He's been injured mate or have you made your mind up after a few games?

They are protesting against the way the police treat them with a heavy hand.
Surely you more than anyone arent going to deny people the right to protest?
Protests are meant to be uncomfortable and inconveniently, that's the whole raison d'etre.
Just because you don't likenit doesn't make their protest any less legitimate. That's how it works right?
I said in another post I totally agree with their right to protest via banners etc. While I personally don’t agree with the message, having that message is fine. When it comes to embarrassing songs about the police though, its no wonder so many were cringing

“if it’s not flares”. But you said they throw them on the pitch every game

You ready to admit you completely made that up and it’s untrue?

I genuinely can’t remember the last away game I was at when a flare wasn’t thrown on the pitch by the UB and I’ve been to 8 this season.

If you’re unlucky to be entering the ground at the same time as then it’s a shambles and it’s even worse when you’re near them in the ground. Guys throwing their weight around telling people where they can and can’t go.

I said in another post I totally agree with their right to protest via banners etc. While I personally don’t agree with the message, having that message is fine. When it comes to embarrassing songs about the police though, its no wonder so many were cringing
Again, I don't agree with the message but I agree with their right tonprptest it in what any manner they feel as long as it is non violent. Given that people are discussing it shows it has made its mark, whether for good or bad.

I'm gonna go against the grain. They should stick to what they are good at - backing the team.

That's not to say some of our staff shouldn't be under pressure but, for me, this is the wrong way.
They were not at their best today. (As were the rest of the spport)Need bigger numbers. Sad there are only around 400. Needs addressed

Can't decide which group is worse Club1872 or UB?

Thank god we are not majority owned by a supporters group

We are unbeaten in the league since November and Wilson signed 2 cracking players in Cantwell and Raskin

What's the fucking problem?
Cantwell was all Beale and it’s taken him 2 years to sign Raskin.

I genuinely can’t remember the last away game I was at when a flare wasn’t thrown on the pitch by the UB and I’ve been to 8 this season.

If you’re unlucky to be entering the ground at the same time as then it’s a shambles and it’s even worse when you’re near them in the ground. Guys throwing their weight around telling people where they can and can’t go.
Are all flares brought into games the property of UBs? Are they responsible for every object thrown, song sungnor flag waved?
UBs even at away games are in a minority. That people belive them to be responsible for every act in the away end says more about the intelligence of those that have that view.

Are all flares brought into games the property of UBs? Are they responsible for every object thrown, song sungnor flag waved?
UBs even at away games are in a minority. That people belive them to be responsible for every act in the away end says more about the intelligence of those that have that view.

I was at hibs away a few weeks ago and was located near them. I watched them disperse from their area with the flares just after half time.

Whilst they aren’t responsible for every bad act at games they are the group that are the ones in the limelight and who are actively trying to move people to get a bigger area of the stadium. With that comes responsibility and scrutiny. You can’t expect the board to sanction the group having a bigger presence at games if they can’t behave.

I was at hibs away a few weeks ago and was located near them. I watched them disperse from their area with the flares just after half time.

Whilst they aren’t responsible for every bad act at games they are the group that are the ones in the limelight and who are actively trying to move people to get a bigger area of the stadium. With that comes responsibility and scrutiny. You can’t expect the board to sanction the group having a bigger presence at games if they can’t behave.
They aren't wanting bigger area they want to move from the corner to behind the goal.
The club sanction them just now so what's the difference?

They aren't wanting bigger area they want to move from the corner to behind the goal.
The club sanction them just now so what's the difference?

I thought they were wanting to expand their numbers but maybe I’m wrong. Either way they are wanting to move people out their seats and get a more prominent location. That is fine if they are prepared to take responsibility for their behaviour and not embarrass the club

See the whole "not so long ago we were playing [enter lower league club here]" attitude, it's exactly the sort of defeatist tripe that the board want the paying fans to swallow.

It's not a valid argument anymore.

2012 has got %^*& all to do with where we are now.

It's a result of wasting millions upon millions of pounds on players who haven't been good enough.

Its a result of getting into kit manufacturing deals that the board knew were in breach of an existing deal and ending up in court for the umpteenth time costing more millions.

Its a result of sitting back on our arses from a position of power after 55 because the board thought that because that title mattered so much that it was *all* that mattered.

There is so much water under the bridge since the days of Spivs that anyone who is still thinking on it is either completely ignorant to the failures of men on the board - who BTW measure their salaries in fractions on the million - or are willing to be what those men have turned us into - second best.
Who said anything about happy being second best? Not me, so don’t put words into my mouth. I said folk have got short memories, and that’s clearly true. Folk caring more about a change of ownership at all costs before keeping the club secure and moving forward financially, which we factually are doing.

Has everything been perfect? Far from it. But folk are well within their rights to believe the board are doing their best to progress the club forward, continue to build and secure the future of Rangers financially.

First paragraph, I will repeat again - that is a load of utter nonsense but initially you said every game, meaning you were saying it happened at Ibrox

Second paragraph, only ever experienced it a Brondby which was a disgrace. I seen some of Liverpool which was partly caused by them but also BF1 hangers on. I won’t argue that they caused issues at the turnstiles trying to double up

I checked and Matondo has over 800 minutes this season and Yilmaz 450 ish.

I’ve not been blown away by either but surely we need to give both of them more time to judge.
Absolutely, however, I'd say Yilmaz gets a bit more leeway as being a young lad moving to a foreign country

Your on a hiding to nothing mate , the bear wanting to go and enjoy the game with a clear view in their allocated seat is in the wrong ,according to many

Your on a hiding to nothing mate , the bear wanting to go and enjoy the game with a clear view in their allocated seat is in the wrong ,according to many

It won’t be long until there is some serious fighting at games. It’s clear folk are getting increasingly annoyed with the way that they take over areas and make the experience worse for others.

I’ve disagreed with you many times mate but let’s not muddy the waters here

This discussion has started because the poster says there’s flares thrown on the pitch at every game. Surely even you will concede that’s a lie

I’ve disagreed with you many times mate but let’s not muddy the waters here

This discussion has started because the poster says there’s flares thrown on the pitch at every game. Surely even you will concede that’s a lie
I’ve not seen flares thrown at every game , I agree with everything else he’s saying though , I can agree with the other points the lads made in his posts even if one isn’t correct

I’ve not seen flares thrown at every game , I agree with everything else he’s saying though , I can agree with the other points the lads made in his posts even if one isn’t correct
Precisely. So effectively it was a load of nonsense

This is why I struggle to accept the UB bashing. Lies are taken as gospel and are allowed to stick; by all means call out things that actually happen, no need to manufacture grievances

I’ve discussed the grouping up etc before so don’t want to go over old ground. I have also said I agree tele flags are a pain in the arse at times

Blatant lie.

For a start, Motherwell last away game.

When the UB start to act properly and support the club like true fans do, I might even start taking them seriously. Their behaviour at recent games leaves a lot to be desired.
It seems to me and the people around me at Ibrox, that they are speaking for themselves rather than the support as a whole. Be interesting for someone to create a poll to find out.

The Sydney Friendly.

Outrageously high ticket prices for European games.

Allowing key assets to continually enter the last year of their contracts and run them down.

An online ticket platform that is so laughable you suspect you're on a hidden camera show when trying to use it.

Continual failure in the transfer market in terms of recruitment.

Not sure what any of the above has to do with that mob's budget?
These are all very fair points.

At times it does feel like our loyalty is taken for granted.

Aww

Well a bit of news for you pal, they're not going anywhere. Fire that in yer pipe and spark it up. :):):)

And yourself, nor any of the usual anti UB cry babies on here will never, ever have any bearing on that, unlucky. :)

Changed my mind on the board recently. I think calling for their head is way over the top. These guys have given us really good progression since they came in and we’re fighting against a club that spend much more on their team.
They spend more on their team because they sell £15m assets when they need to instead of letting their form rot away and allow them to run their contract down.

Even then, we spend more than enough to compete with them. The performances and trophy return we have got from this squad is not representative of the colossal wages it takes.

Back