Union Bears doing a collection to help pay members legal fees

I thought everyone involved was equally tragic to be fair.
Each to their own fella, would rather we had supporters that doesn’t let the wee gb ambulance chasing gimps take liberties and show them up for the Shitebags that they are.

Certainly wouldn’t be me but won’t pretend I didn’t love seeing the videos.

I actually enjoyed the ‘if you hate the polis clap your hands'

Yes there are some decent cops but the vast majority are scum.

B-D

The “if you hate the polis clap your hands”probably hasn’t been heard at our games since the 70/80’s.i wait with baited breath for the return of fans doing the theme tune to z cars :cool:

are you suggesting it never happened? Because it 100% did as I witnessed it. It was the ‘Capo’ with the dark hair (yeah the mouthy one) This would’ve been a big reason for the ACAB shouts yesterday.
I have heard of other incidents such as this and if these keep happening to the UB's then of course they are going to have an issue with the police.

All I know is for years now they've criminalised football fans of all clubs, wether it's pulling supporters busses or "groups" to the point where people have lost jobs, income and season
"We hate the polis. They treat us like criminals when all we were doing was expecting them to turn up and protect our large group of neds from fighting with that other group of neds who support the other side." Do you not see the hypocrisy being displayed by the UBs? You don't want to be treated like criminals, stop behaving like a shower of neds.

"We hate the polis. They treat us like criminals when all we were doing was expecting them to turn up and protect our large group of neds from fighting with that other group of neds who support the other side." Do you not see the hypocrisy being displayed by the UBs? You don't want to be treated like criminals, stop behaving like a shower of neds.
What about when the police stop buses to check for alcohol? Normal fans run the risk of being caught off overzealous police for the massive crime of having a beer going to games

What about when the police stop buses to check for alcohol? Normal fans run the risk of being caught off overzealous police for the massive crime of having a beer going to games
I thought we were talking about the UBs and their altercation at Hampden here?

Last edited:
I thought we were taking about the UBs and their altercation at Hampden here?
We are but many people are also generalising in relation to how fans are policed.

I don’t like the ACAB/1312 stuff, I think it’s forced to the max but fans that go to games could give examples of police overstepping the mark. Many fans on supporters buses think getting pulled over by the police is bad, never mind harassment UB members will be subject to

I can remember back in the lower leagues when I was in BF1 - I left the first season we got back to the championship. But even then, I remember the Annan game in 2012 and I also remember police name dropping to try and intimidate people in BF1

Pay our legal fees for brawling in the streets ?
Dont act like bams, dont need donations. Pretty simple no?

Wasn’t that when folk were falling over themselves online prior to the game about how great it was to see the Green Brigade getting a chasing.

Wasn’t that when folk were falling over themselves online prior to the game about how great it was to see the Green Brigade getting a chasing.
It is rather amusing when you see people criticise them and they’ve got pictures of Tifos/pyro shows as their display pics. Usually you see it on twitter but there was a few on here previously in other threads

How many times do you need it explained to you that the UB's had permission to be at Hampden to set their display up and that the GB had no permission to be near the stadium at that time in the morning? This was not some pre-arranged fight, this was the UB's just going to Hampden to set up a display and then having to defend themselves when being attacked by the GB...

Is it any wonder the UB's have issues with the police when the police do not even do their jobs and instead as posted on here just a few pages back just pick on the UB's

It is rather amusing when you see people criticise them and they’ve got pictures of Tifos/pyro shows as their display pics. Usually you see it on twitter but there was a few on here previously in other threads

Yeah that too.

Happy to pick and choose which bits of the Union Bears they like when it suits them.

Yeah that too.

Happy to pick and choose which bits of the Union Bears they like when it suits them.
Or perhaps when the UB are being fans and doing positive things they get the support of the fans but when they start protesting about the polis, having running battles in the street, walking out of matches because they don't get their own way, marching down the street like neds etc, those same fans lose interest in them and actually see them as a negative reflection on the club?

I donated. Just hope it's enough. Not a time to stand in judgement in my opinion. I'm no fan of the ACAB stuff, but in the main, they are a very positive force and I'm grateful for the atmosphere they create (which I was critical of when there was none at Ibrox) and the Tifos which are magnificent and to be applauded. I'll donate more regularly to the Tifis now that I have seen there is a link for it.

are you suggesting it never happened? Because it 100% did as I witnessed it. It was the ‘Capo’ with the dark hair (yeah the mouthy one) This would’ve been a big reason for the ACAB shouts yesterday.

Why are you askng that, what is it about my post that gives the impression I am suggesting it didn't happen?

I am not suggesting anything of the sort.

Nowadays rarely an incident goes by without it being recorded. Given there would be a crowd, a camera savvy crowd, at the incident, it makes sense to expect someone to have captured the incident on camera.

Get that video and there is your evidence the police are treating the group harshly.

Or perhaps when the UB are being fans and doing positive things they get the support of the fans but when they start protesting about the polis, having running battles in the street, walking out of matches because they don't get their own way, marching down the street like neds etc, those same fans lose interest in them and actually see them as a negative reflection on the club?
What were they meant to do when the Green Brigade confronted them?

I find it amazing that I’ve had a season ticket since I was 5 and followed the team home and away, domestically and on the continent. And in all that time I’ve never needed legal representation once. It’s almost like if you go to the football and act like a human being you get treated like one.

I find it amazing that I’ve had a season ticket since I was 5 and followed the team home and away, domestically and on the continent. And in all that time I’ve never needed legal representation once. It’s almost like if you go to the football and act like a human being you get treated like one.
Same question to you, what were they meant to do when confronted by the Green Brigade?

I actually enjoyed the ‘if you hate the polis clap your hands'

Yes there are some decent cops but the vast majority are scum.

B-D

That's a wild claim, what is your evidence to back up you labelling the vast majority of police officers as scum?

I'd suggest the police Scotland management and our justice system as a whole is unfit for purpose but labelling rank and file officers who are following orders as scum, or bastards, is unfair.

I might be misunderstanding you but are you saying they shouldn't have defended themselves and just take a kicking ?

Anyone who genuinely thinks that all cops are bastards is a fucking idiot and just has a problem with authority.

I bet most of them don’t vote and none of them would stand for election to try and change something.

I have little to no sympathy.

Was embarrassing yesterday as they belted out their All Cops Are B*stards chants for a good portion of the game.

Smacks of neddy wee boys.

You can criticise Police Scotland but I’m sure there are plenty of bears that are officers and putting themselves into dangerous situations each day to keep people safe.

Same question to you, what were they meant to do when confronted by the Green Brigade?
I’ve no idea on what the circumstances were as I wasn’t there and have only seen a short video. This isn’t the only incident they’re requiring legal representation on though.

I’ve no idea on what the circumstances were as I wasn’t there and have only seen a short video. This isn’t the only incident they’re requiring legal representation on though.
It's been posted umpteen times what the circumstances were. They were at Hampden to set up their tifo and had permission to do so. The Green Brigade had set their's up on the Saturday and had no reason at all to be at Hampden at that time in the morning, other than to attack the UB. On this occasion, the UB were only guilty of defending themselves.

It's been posted umpteen times what the circumstances were. They were at Hampden to set up their tifo and had permission to do so. The Green Brigade had set their's up on the Saturday and had no reason at all to be at Hampden at that time in the morning, other than to attack the UB. On this occasion, the UB were only guilty of defending themselves.
Ok mate. Any time I’ve had to defend myself in the past I haven’t chased after the person whilst whipping my mobile out to record it. If you think it’s as black and white as that then that’s your call. We’re talking about a group of people who literally wear balaclavas to the football to avoid the consequences of their actions.

Ok mate. Any time I’ve had to defend myself in the past I haven’t chased after the person whilst whipping my mobile out to record it. If you think it’s as black and white as that then that’s your call. We’re talking about a group of people who literally wear balaclavas to the football to avoid the consequences of their actions.
I've got no problem at all with them defending themselves and chasing the GB.

I've got no problem at all with them defending themselves and chasing the GB.
Me neither. But the fact that you’re able to take your phone out and film yourself chasing someone would suggest to me that you’re doing more than defending yourself.

And was this the first time that both sets of wee neds have ever tried to meet up and fight each other?

Yeah that too.

It's not really picking and choosing though is it. It's recognising they do some really good stuff at times and also recognising that at other times they do some really shit stuff. It's just looking at them objectively from the outside. You do get the impression sometimes though, that those on the inside think everything they do is brilliant and all other fans, the players, management and staff should be eternally grateful to them.

Me neither. But the fact that you’re able to take your phone out and film yourself chasing someone would suggest to me that you’re doing more than defending yourself.
Again, I've no issue with that. The GB are utter scum and have attacked lone Rangers fans in the past.

The UB are young boys, not everything they do will meet with approval on here. To class them as bams and lump them in with the scum Green Brigade is out of order.
I'm perfectly comfortable with calling people who join gangs and fight other people bams personally. Throw in vandalism, breaking rules and generally acting like laws don't apply to them, it's really pretty much as close to the definition of it as you can get. Bonus points for the 'bet you wouldn't say that to their face' type responses. I'm not sure if the threat is there that you'd be physically harmed for doing so, or if that really helps the argument they aren't neds.

They haven't ever really treated me like it. I tend not to wear a uniform, disguise my identity, fight other groups of football supporting bams or break as many rules as the people who feel they're being persecuted for absolutely no reason mind.
You can keep coming back to people with what you consider a smart arsed answer in the hope you get likes but, the facts are that Police Scotland have a code of ethics they have to keep within. This means that regardless of what they think of anyone and what this person may have done, they must treat everyone with respect.

Last edited:
You can keep coming back to people with what you consider a smart arsed answer in the hope you get likes but, the facts are that Police Scotland have a code of ethics they have to keep within. This means that regardless of what they think anyone and what this person may have done, they must treat everyone with respect.
And, you can keep pretending that they don't treat people behaving within the laws and rules set out with respect.

The UB were at Hampden to set up their display and were ambushed by the GB and of course stood up for themselves... The police should have did their job and stopped the GB from getting anywhere near the UB as they must have spotted them all in a group walking right towards Hampden !

Police Scotland have charged the UB for standing up for themselves..Sounds like victim blaming to me!
So am I right in thinking only the UBs were arrested?

Back