Union Bears football tournament 2019 - 8th June, Cambuslang

Just a quick bump for this for ticket sales! Pay on the gate will also be available.

There’s going to be a lot going on for everyone and sure to be a brilliant day.

One thing that might appeal to a few on here. We’ve got a few stalls running on the day from companies that sell Rangers merchandise, such as Every other Saturday and potentially SOS. If this is something you would be interested in send me a message I’ll arrange it for you. Was thinking maybe Erskine etc ?

What's the format for the tournament?

16 teams have entered and will be running in set groups then a knock out format, 7-aside. All teams have been filled at the moment and there’s a reserve list. Teams are made up of supporters groups / RSCs throughout Scotland.

I'll get myself down to this. Sounds like a good day out. I'll give Sweepers a miss mind you. I used to work in there and it is a dive

Looking forward to getting a good run out at this, managed to see a few teams who'll be featuring at this at the Gary Clark Tournament a few weeks back and there's some decent teams in there. Gary Clark Loyal and Union Bears looked good and Wee County True Blues somehow trudging their way to being a penalty kick away from winning it :D.

Last edited:
Looking forward to it. Lost in the final or the wee county one to Gary Clark so hopefully turn the tables this time

Looks set to be a good day, plenty of decent teams playing. Hopefully the weather is good on the day as well but not looking likely sadly.

Great idea, good causes.

I'll be in the Act of Union parade because every weekend in June is like trying to go here there and everywhere because we have a rich and varied culture.

Heading down to this with my son and mate, does anyone have a list of the teams taking part?

Great day all around , hats off to the UB for organising such a great event even if the bastards beat us (John Greig Loyal , Dumbarton) in the final

Will only get bigger and better next year!

Enjoyable afternoon spent in downtown Cambuslang . Apart from a downpour near the tailend . :cool:

Was great to have you all at Cambuslang today. Great day was had by all.

Please remember we’re a junior club finding our feet again and any attendance at our games in the season coming would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any bear businesses that fancy coming on board and sponsoring us for the season ahead, please do not hesitate to PM me and we can discuss options.

No Surrender.

Look forward to seeing you all back at a Camby game in the future

Please remember we’re a junior club finding our feet again and any attendance at our games in the season coming would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any bear businesses that fancy coming on board and sponsoring us for the season ahead, please do not hesitate to PM me and we can discuss options.

No Surrender.

All the best for next season Ashy.

No Surrender.

My mates just signed with you so will definitely be getting along to a couple of games next season

Very well organised tournament, especially with it being the first year of it. Union Bears deserved winners with some good and not so good teams going out early. Pressure is on for them to replicate the success of the tournament and day out next year!

Back