Union Bears Have Two Choices – Lead Or Die

We all know Gerrard's ultimate ambition in management. We knew that when he took the job.

If people think he's going to hang around with the constant threat of or an actual ban from European football then they're beyond delusional. He'd be as well managing Motherwell or St. Johnstone and why would he waste his time doing that? He wants to give us trophies and big European nights.

Some of our support really do need a dose of common sense because it seems to be sorely lacking at the moment.
There is some amount of nonsense posted over the last day or so. This is definately up there with the best of it.
He wont manage any of the other teams because they are pish, he came to us as we are a big club and it gets him the exposure he needs. The singing issue has been about long before gerrard and will be long after him. We need to address the songbook not for anyone else but for ourself. Its outdated and not welcome

There is some amount of nonsense posted over the last day or so. This is definately up there with the best of it.
He wont manage any of the other teams because they are pish, he came to us as we are a big club and it gets him the exposure he needs. The singing issue has been about long before gerrard and will be long after him. We need to address the songbook not for anyone else but for ourself. Its outdated and not welcome

If you'd bothered to read it properly I'm not saying he's going to manage one of the diddy clubs in Scotland ffs. I'm saying he didn't come here to deal with all this pish. He came here to build something special and even if we win 55 this season he'll soon lose heart if we get a European ban and I wouldn't blame him.

If there are those who think shouting "Fuck the Pope" is more important than the potential we have at the moment then hell f*cking mend them. They're doing exactly what those who hate us want them to do.

I agree with the OP but with extras.
Like most folk on here I’ve belted out these songs in the past but have refrained in recent years or at least omitted the dodgy words so have to take my share of responsibility for us getting in this position again when I could have been more proactive.
However, I have now got the shiters up big time and we are now in a fire fighting situation so that means survival is paramount. I feel at this moment the many justified arguments we have for being unfairly treated by FARE, MSM etc are secondary to the main issue of the club showing that it is totally taking this seriously. The club have to put out a message that absolutely shows that we are serious about trying to sort this out.
And this is the tough bit.
I think in the main the UB are great but I if that section has indeed been the one reported I think the club should temporarily shut that section down with a view to further interaction going forward and also refuse tickets for all away games domestically and abroad until further notice.
And the icing on the cake, cctv should be used at Ibrox to identify any wrongdoers, with the threat of season/life bans.
I know this will be unfair on many innocent folk who attend and travel but we have to show we mean business. The Stasi would be proud of this I’m sure but we are in uncharted waters here and the thought of throwing away what we have just now and the promise for the future because of our inability to not sing some songs fills me with dread.
It might be yet another step back to go forward that we’ve had so many of in the last few years but could be the biggest one in generations.
Yet another just wanting to put the blame at the door of the UB. We all have blame

If you'd bothered to read it properly I'm not saying he's going to manage one of the diddy clubs in Scotland ffs. I'm saying he didn't come here to deal with all this pish. He came here to build something special and even if we win 55 this season he'll soon lose heart if we get a European ban and I wouldn't blame him.

If there are those who think shouting "Fuck the Pope" is more important than the potential we have at the moment then hell f*cking mend them. They're doing exactly what those who hate us want them to do.
Sounds if we are doing a good enough job of hating each other never mind our real enemies

We need to get past blame and think about where we go in the future. The UB’s can play a leading part in us moving on and hopefully they will. If not, they are finished as a group.

Sounds if we are doing a good enough job of hating each other never mind our real enemies

We need to smarten up as a collective. I haven't singled out the UB for sole criticism here and I've sang those songs in the past but they've long since had their day. We all have a part to play in this and if we get our act together then we can start highlighting the agenda and the hypocrisy of FARE. If we don't though we'll just keep sleepwalking in to the traps they set for us.

Yet another just wanting to put the blame at the door of the UB. We all have blame
I said at the start of the post that I am responsible too. The reason I mentioned the UB is because that was the section that has been reported. The time for debating the rights and wrongs and unfairness of where we are just now is for further down the road, the job in hand just now is for the club to show UEFA unequivocally that we are trying to sort this problem. I agree what I’m suggesting is drastic and unfair on many but I feel it’s the only way the club can control things in the short term to allow us to move forward. It’s pretty much agreed on here the naughty stuff will be aired tomorrow and we will be hung out to dry again. Self policing, asking folk not to sing add ons etc has never worked and and now we’re staring down a barrel still arguing the rights and wrongs and injustices of our situation when the rules are made by others and we have no say, football wise or culturally.

Pinning this on just the UB is nonsense.

It’s all of us, not just them that need to get on the bandwagon for the sake of the club, even though I personally find this whole situation bullshit, it’s not us that make the rules.

Anyone who is willing to throw their fellow fans under the bus needs to have a fucking word with themselves.

This is about the maturity of all of us - not just about the UB.

However the UB *CAN* lead the way. It’s down to them, but they only have one bullet, and they should use it wisely.

And are you saying for def those on the roof have never been in BF1 or attached to the UB

I showed you up to be full of shite and now you’re clutching at straws

UB sit together at games. Those on the disabled roof were not UB, as much as it pains you.

You’re a troll or simple, or both.

Going by today’s banners, it looks like my hopes that the Union Bears will proactively look to work with the club doesn’t look to be their immediate priority.

Going by today’s banners, it looks like my hopes that the Union Bears will proactively look to work with the club doesn’t look to be their immediate priority.

Sadly it doesn't. And it does sadden me. There's only one 'winner' in this and it won't be UB07. Actually, what it amounts to is two 'losers'. What a sad state of affairs.

Last edited:
Back