Union Bears Spokeperson

I think the UB need to release a statement ASAP. Whether they like it or not, they are the most prominent group of fans among our supporters. And also vital to producing a great atmosphere. I think they have spat the dummy a wee bit over people blaming them for the issue. Seeing folk from the UB defending themselves online by sharing videos showing it’s a wider problem might be true, but implicating the wider fan base while defending your own is just bad PR. I think they can make a real difference and hope they lead the charge into a 21st century songbook starting today in Paisley.
They are entirely right to highlight that this isn't all down to them.
There is a desire to throw these boys under the bus when absolutely anyone singing TBB has played a part in this.

I don't want to sound like my mother, but this a classic 'If the Union Bears jumped off a cliff, would you do it?'

Had the chant stayed in BF1 then they are 100% to blame, it didn't so anyone joining in has helped us get charged.

I get the feeling there are many of our own who are hoping that there is a 'naughty' song sung today just so they can try and stick the boot in more. I think today will pass of without incident after being under the microscope by the terriers and our own.

I honestly can’t get over posts like this.

It seems the majority on here are whiter than white.

The Steve Clarke stuff? I heard the full stadium sing the same song to Neil Lennon when he was Hibs manager a season or 2 ago. Same goes for TBB.

It astounds me how so many on here don’t sing these songs, and are hiding behind the UB, pointing the finger at them like children

If you bothered to read my post you’d see I said it would be a real shame.

The UB are great but they’ve shot themselves in the foot a couple of times in the last couple of seasons with sheer stupidity.

As I said yesterday, the majority of the support needs to change our way of thinking in regards to songs, clearly.

However, in this charge, TBB originated in BF1 and like it or not, this is what the club and people will focus on. Frankly, the UB and their cheerleaders attempts at but but but, isn’t doing anyone any favours.

Hopefully ask why others are relocated but us in BF1 are closed out.
I don’t want to come off as a self centred little bitch, but I think it’s shocking how BF1 have been treated by the club. Just compare the tone of the emails sent by the club to BF1 vs other section. Supporters not wanted apparently even if you weren’t singing those songs and just happened to stand next to the UB or, like me, weren’t even present at the match!

Interested how you’ve arrived at this conclusion?

The entire stadium sings TBB at old firms or European nights. These lads put time, effort and money into creating some form of atmosphere and stop Ibrox being like a graveyard. They’ve never once put up a display that could be deemed as sectarian. The GB on the other hand? But of course they escape scrutiny.

The way the UB are having the blame put on them is scandalous and the club has treated them like dogshit and ensured there will be zero atmosphere on Thursday bar the usual moany bastards booing whenever a pass is misplaced. Thursday is a big enough challenge without the atmosphere being taken from the ground.

Excellent post. Its a common theme on here to blame others. We even had a poster admit he sang all the songs but was happy to see the UB get the blame.

That’s just right, And maybe add ‘we trust that there are no double standards in Scottish football and every club is subject to the same scrutiny as us by the media and football governing bodies’
Like it or not that argument has to come later. We the supporters need to respond to the current punishment now and in a way that ensures no more follows. This is a stage 1 punishment. Stages 2 and 3 will follow, if they are not already in the post. Our songsters need to wise up.....no ifs, not buts.

If you bothered to read my post you’d see I said it would be a real shame.

The UB are great but they’ve shot themselves in the foot a couple of times in the last couple of seasons with sheer stupidity.

As I said yesterday, the majority of the support needs to change our way of thinking in regards to songs, clearly.

However, in this charge, TBB originated in BF1 and like it or not, this is what the club and people will focus on. Frankly, the UB and their cheerleaders attempts at but but but, isn’t doing anyone any favours.

I don’t know where it started. Did it start there? Did a bigoted, discredited organisation say it started there?

I don’t care where it started. Every person is their own. The sanctions against the song never changed so why did others sing if the UBs started it?

We are scapegoating. It’s a form of bullying. We stand as a support or we fall as one.

Why would he bother come out with a statement,after some of the abuse by long time posters on here and even admin...whatever the ub do whether it be card displays, it upsets a certain creed of supporter....they are young lads.. young lads learn from there parents etc so like myself whoos been going to Ibrox since 1979 ive stood sat at Ibrox and watched as grown nen around me gave out some of the worst sectarian abuse i ever heard.... songs like RANGERS AND CATHOLICS DO GO WAS ROUNDLY SANG at Ibrox.. to die ya 19th Century Terrorist bastard when a player down injured... even the banner mocking the polish goalkeeper about crossing ..
himself.
So before people have a go at 50 max young lads have a good look in the mirror
Sectarianism doesnt start with the billy boys song it wont stop with the banning of the billy boys..
A COS minister once was qouted in the 1930s saying the influence of the rc masses from ireland will be to the detriment of scotland and presbyterians in later generations.... he was not wrong. .

Thats my last post on this as wexare going round in circles looking for to blame the ub
Its not just 50 young lads though is it.

Just going round in circles here as usual. Thankfully most agree with Rangers to stop religious singing and sing Rangers songs that are acceptable to the club.
Not suggesting this for one minute but what would happen if the UBs did not attend the next two home games. Not as much atmosphere (if you consider abuse at others as atmosphere) but would the singing of BBs etc stop.
Last thing we want but it would be interesting.
I think the day will come when fans who do as Rangers wish will turn on those who do not and that will be a sad day indeed.

The whole stadium sings TBB including me and I don't sit in BF1 so to punish and blame them is ridiculous. Without them you could hear a pin drop.

The Club should offer to meet with the UB in order to find a way to allow the UB to lead the change. Between them they could agree a songbook and what to do if other sections of the support start up one of the outlawed songs.

It would be crazy for Club to sever ties with them now, when instead bringing them closer into the fold could help effect and even accelerate the changes necessary.

I’m bipolar when it comes to the UB’s.

The ‘we are better than all you other fans’ attitude absolutely comes across in moments like this. Instead of a showing of humility, it’s immediately into misplaced defiance. The embarrassing silent protests and the Steve Clark banner prove that maturity isn’t something that comes naturally.

That said, they’ve been responsible for a lot of good both on and off the park. It needs to older heads in the group to grab hold of this with maturity now. Because rightly or wrongly, it’ll be the thing that ends them if they don’t. Which would be a big loss for everyone really.

People need to accept that this isn’t about conspiracy or agendas anymore, it needs to be dealt with now and forever.
I see they decided not to go with a mature approach today then.

Quelle surprise.

Look, what needs to happen here is a statement put out on the screens before KO and HT at every game read out by a senior board member stating categorically that the club will not stand for fans singing TBB, and other sectarian add-ons to songs (or give a list of songs ). This isn't about blame this is about cutting out this shit for the better of the club. Statements from Club 1872, UB etc won't work most of the support don't see them. It's shite but its where we are . Clean this up and get after the real sectarian rhats

Last edited:
I don’t know where it started. Did it start there? Did a bigoted, discredited organisation say it started there?

I don’t care where it started. Every person is their own. The sanctions against the song never changed so why did others sing if the UBs started it?

We are scapegoating. It’s a form of bullying. We stand as a support or we fall as one.

They don’t help themselves. Their banner today is another embarrassment.

Actions like that turn supporters against them. It’s time to show a level of maturity.

Why would he bother come out with a statement,after some of the abuse by long time posters on here and even admin...whatever the ub do whether it be card displays, it upsets a certain creed of supporter....they are young lads.. young lads learn from there parents etc so like myself whoos been going to Ibrox since 1979 ive stood sat at Ibrox and watched as grown nen around me gave out some of the worst sectarian abuse i ever heard.... songs like RANGERS AND CATHOLICS DO GO WAS ROUNDLY SANG at Ibrox.. to die ya 19th Century Terrorist bastard when a player down injured... even the banner mocking the polish goalkeeper about crossing ..
himself.
So before people have a go at 50 max young lads have a good look in the mirror
Sectarianism doesnt start with the billy boys song it wont stop with the banning of the billy boys..
A COS minister once was qouted in the 1930s saying the influence of the rc masses from ireland will be to the detriment of scotland and presbyterians in later generations.... he was not wrong. .

Thats my last post on this as wexare going round in circles looking for to blame the ub
Mate Sorry but if you read my post I did not totally blame the UB i thought it was against The Rangers support as a whole but the last few days the UB's seem to be getting the brunt of it . I don't want or see the need for endless statements I was more talking of somebody or jointly a live interview of plans going forward. Because our Scottish Media like to twist things a live statement and you like me mate grew up listening and taking part in a lot more back in the day

I get the feeling there are many of our own who are hoping that there is a 'naughty' song sung today just so they can try and stick the boot in more. I think today will pass of without incident after being under the microscope by the terriers and our own.

actually no i'm glad they didn't today , their banner today said " our only crime was loyalty " so glad was i to read that as it means they'll take the direction given by the club in whats acceptable and whats not

If I was the UB I would wait till Friday morning before releasing a statement. Let's see what happens on Thursday night. What I would say is that come Sunday, the songs, whether we like it or not, will be sung in sections of the stadium.

Back