Union Bears Spokeperson

jf1960

As above, Do they have someone who can come out and say what there stance is going to be going forward now or will we just get a statement in the near future. Now I'm not totally blaming them for this as I don't know but they seem to be getting the grief from what I'm seeing and reading.
Being a certain age my main time of following Rangers was late 60's all through the 70's and 80's and most of the 90's where these songs ,add ons whatever was just the done thing so really I can't have a go at anybody can I.
My hope now is that this is a line in the sand for The Rangers Support and The Union Bears , Club 1872 even FollowFollow if they want to get together saying they will do all in their power to stop anything like this happening again. We are better than this and leave this sort of behaviour to the vhermin we are getting dragged now down to their level and I knew, we all knew The Media would be all over this with Rangers must stop this and Rangers must stop that and that my friends is exactly what they wanted. Let's get back to proper rousing Rangers songs from now on there are plenty out their and show people especially our haters that we are The Greatest Fans in The World we have a lot to be proud off since 2012 regarding our support nobody but nobody does it better or will ever do it better than us

Think they might jack it tbh, either that or the club will disband it/not let them stand together.

I think the way the blame has been placed at the UBs door by some is poor, considering most of us have sang these songs before.

The tone of the club suggests it is very unlikely there will be a way forward. Rangers should really have organised some sort of meeting with supporters groups/UBs/RSCs so we can move forward together as a support.

We really need to pull in the same direction here, but I don't feel like the club has been pro-active in that respect.

Hopefully ask why others are relocated but us in BF1 are closed out.
Because that's where the song is being reported as having started and having previous warning of this from the club?

(Not that I agree with it, you can see why the club took this action though).

Think they might jack it tbh, either that or the club will disband it/not let them stand together.

I think the way the blame has been placed at the UBs door by some is poor, considering most of us have sang these songs before.

The tone of the club suggests it is very unlikely there will be a way forward. Rangers should really have organised some sort of meeting with supporters groups/UBs/RSCs so we can move forward together as a support.

We really need to pull in the same direction here, but I don't feel like the club has been pro-active in that respect.
Every other week it comes over the tannoy that the club will not put up with discriminatory behaviour we have been well warned

I’m just not happy lol

I can understand to an extent.

I think you do a great job, on the whole. I’d be a big advocate of introducing safe standing, with you guys centre to it.

Sadly, scored a few own goals. The Steve Clarke pish embarrassed the board, now the latest TBB (stadium wide), hasn’t helped our cause.

I think you do a great job, on the whole. I’d be a big advocate of introducing safe standing, with you guys centre to it.

Sadly, scored a few own goals. The Steve Clarke pish embarrassed the board, now the latest TBB (stadium wide), hasn’t helped our cause.
I’m not a member btw. I moved over from GR 4 seasons ago for the atmosphere

Can’t see why certain St holders get relocated but we won’t and I’ve to miss out when I go everywhere. Pretty shite
Because the Club have to display 3,000 empty seats. People sitting in the Copland sections (where the singing didn't start), are getting relocated to the odd spare seat that was still available, and people in BF1 (where the singing did start on this report) are not.

Whether you agree with it or not, the Club aren't to blame here. They've had to adhere to the punishment set triggered by a section starting a particular song that night. Simples and no point in all the in-fighting. Accept it, move on and don't do it again, or things will get a Lot worse very quickly.

That’s just right, And maybe add ‘we trust that there are no double standards in Scottish football and every club is subject to the same scrutiny as us by the media and football governing bodies’

Nope, anything like that just dilutes the message. That is a different matter, deal with this on its own merits.

They have a right to respond, absolutely.

I do fear we might see something daft today though - hopefully not.

It needs to stop and if supporters can’t be trusted we just take zero away tickets and self police home games!

The club has been to hell and back these last 10 years, the prospect of losing out on europe due to songs we sing is frankly pathetic!

We are all grown-ups, think of the club first along with the next generations who don’t need to learn the songs

Going by the social media posts I don’t see any acceptance.

I’m pretty sure any gestures or idiotic response will see the BF1 section completely disbanded, which would be a real shame.

As mentioned, the Steve Clarke stuff and the Goodnight Green & White made them look like clowns, whilst also embarrassing the club.

As a older bear I can understand the young ones wanting to sing songs that us old ones used to sing with great gusto but we live in a different world now with PC now the norm wether we like it or not.
Gone are the days of f&@@ them we will sing what we want the punishments are to severe now and right now our club still needs every penny it can raise and our enemies will try every trick in the book to try and cripple us again.

If they don’t stop singing stuff tha5 will get us into trouble the club will have no choice but to start banning the people involved.

Having sat above the Union Bears in the Family Stand, I saw how brilliant a job they did getting the atmosphere going and getting the kids in the FS to join in.

They do some brilliant things but in the past few seasons, the own goals from them are racking up, starting with that bloody awful flyer before the Celtic game in March 2018 and culminating in the Steve Clarke nonsense.

Most of it justified

How is it? Your trying to single out people for something everybody at Ibrox has done but because this one time we get in to trouble it is the Union Bears fault and them only. Anyone else who sang it that night is fine as it was only the Union Bears :rolleyes:

This whole thing proves what we have always known, Rangers fans can never stand together and back each other up, knives are always out.

I'm sure all the people that are blaming the UB will approach them at the game today and let them know what they think rather than sticking the knife in online.

Last edited:
Most of it justified
Interested how you’ve arrived at this conclusion?

The entire stadium sings TBB at old firms or European nights. These lads put time, effort and money into creating some form of atmosphere and stop Ibrox being like a graveyard. They’ve never once put up a display that could be deemed as sectarian. The GB on the other hand? But of course they escape scrutiny.

The way the UB are having the blame put on them is scandalous and the club has treated them like dogshit and ensured there will be zero atmosphere on Thursday bar the usual moany bastards booing whenever a pass is misplaced. Thursday is a big enough challenge without the atmosphere being taken from the ground.

Having sat above the Union Bears in the Family Stand, I saw how brilliant a job they did getting the atmosphere going and getting the kids in the FS to join in.

They do some brilliant things but in the past few seasons, the own goals from them are racking up, starting with that bloody awful flyer before the Celtic game in March 2018 and culminating in the Steve Clarke nonsense.

Same experience as myself. My lad loves looking down and watching the flags and chants. However at the Hibs game I was surprised to see Ross actually start the BB (using the original first verse), when we know it will get us into trouble. It’s not too much of a jump in logic to assume the same has happened at every European home game this season.

The social media responses thus far indicate to me something petulant will happen today.

I very much support what the UBs bring to a matchday, but if you want to get into a stand off v the board there is only going to be one winner.

I don’t actually see them singing TBB, but I do sense a banner of some sort.

We need to stop the infighting as well. It’s embarrassing.
This is also what the shit that passes for the media in this country want to see, don't let this filth split the support.
The Union bears create a good atmosphere but need to reign in some of the songs, get our own house in order then go after others who get away with everything and watch the reaction from them and the maggots from the press.

Stop being so fucking smug.
Wheres the smugness?
The guys saying hes raging about the club following through on something they have been warned about and several of them are mentioning throwing punches now :D

Already said I dont agree with it but it has been coming.

I hope that from today that we hear the start of our new futire. Loud and proud traditional Rangers songs ( there are plenty of good ones)

If there is any defiant choice of song....I hope the club start to life ban those who won't/can't comply.

Wheres the smugness?
The guys saying hes raging about the club following through on something they have been warned about and several of them are mentioning throwing punches now :D

Just the way you put it across.

Wheres the smugness?

Who’s mentioned throwing punches? The poster I replied to about scrapping said he would be if he heard songs sang today

How is it? Your trying to single out people for something everybody at Ibrox has done but because this one time we get in to trouble it is the Union Bears fault and them only. Anyone else who sang it that night is fine as it was only the Union Bears :rolleyes:

This whole thing proves what we have always known, Rangers fans can never stand together and back each other up, knives are always out.
Mate the singing started in BF 1 the guys and lasses in that section start most of the singing, everyone and their dug knew fare would be in attendance so it was a massive own goal

Changing the words isn't going to work as a) some people will still sing the other version b) observors will still hear the offensive words regardless of whether it is sung or not and will just report hearing billy boys or super rangers and C) uefa have said any version of billy boys is banned so it's irrelevant anyway.

If we get chucked out this season then we won't get prize money so we would be down 15m and imagine if we win the league this year but don't get allowed in champions league next season - potentially 30m lost - and handed to them.

Is it really worth it to sing songs for that sort of money? If we do miss out then our better players will be sold off and it will set us back years.

This is the reality of the situation. If people claim to love the club then they need to be aware of the massive impact they could be about to have. If they continue to sing then I'd question how much of a supporter they actually are.

Most of us might have sung them in the past but this is now and anyone caught should be given a lifetime ban.

We are at the start of something great this season but if we have to sell players then gerrard won't stay and we'll be back to looking at mcinnes and the like.

The way they’re being blamed is frankly fùcking atrocious.

Whole scenario and the reaction to it has been horrific but, dare I say, exactly what FARE and their ilk wanted to see.

I look forward to all the greeting faced sorts who moan about the UB after most games generating an atmosphere on Thursday in the biggest game of our season.

I don’t actually see them singing TBB, but I do sense a banner of some sort.

We need to stop the infighting as well. It’s embarrassing.

The infighting has started by our board

The tone of email to BF1 members compared to CD6 and 7 was a disgrace but then again, we know the board don’t really bother about the fans as long as they pay their money and turn up, same as the board under Sir Duped

Back