Union Bears Statement on UEFA's decision

There has literally been no definitive answer to what is and isn't acceptable. Although it may be obvious to you and I, clearly that's not the case for everyone. What would be the harm in simply saying, "Anything referencing 19th Century Terrorists or the Pope will see you banned for life from Ibrox Stadium."?

Oh for %^*& sake.

ANYTHING ABOUT THE POPE, ANYTHING THAT CONTAINS 19th Century Terrorist AND ANYTHING THAT CONTAINS STUFF ABOUT CATHOLICS.

Is that clear enough ? It's common fucking sense.

It’s all there in the second sentence of the second paragraph. “...and at no time have we been taken to task for the nature of the songs or the content therein.”
Why not? Why has the club not had a quiet word in the ear of the leadership of the UB and told them to cut it out? If they have and produce the minutes then I’ll stand corrected but a lot of people need to get of their high horse here. It’s not enough to be reactive Mr Robertson or the clown who is head of security (I saw him in action when I was over from the states and marked him as a pompous buffoon who was full of himself). It’s not enough the bring the LGBTQ community in, have the players wear rainbow colored laces and declare “everyone anyone” that is but the guys who produce the atmosphere they can get tae fk! To everyone that says”they know what songs were banned” so did Robertson and co. But they allowed it to be belted from the stands apparently unchallenged until our mentally challenged enemies have a word in UEFA’s ear.
Proactive not REACTIVE is what these lads are looking for.

It also doesn't help when Rangers Security Staff are filming OUR OWN FANS on their phones or cameras instead of using it on the OPPOSITION fans. Where is that footage of fans going?

Its a mess.

Talkabout throwing our own under the bus who pay good money to go and support the team they love everyweek, especially away in Europe.

Or the club could have released their statement the other day attacking FARE for their bias and their total reluctance to demand that Celtic has a section of their ground shut down for the anti-British racist and political pro-IRA chants ad the sectarian singing from their fans.

It's pretty clear that FARE is an organisation that is not fair and playing to an agenda and when you even had Martin Bain saying that years ago then Christ almighty! If even he could say it then why the hell couldn't this board do exactly the same?

Celtic have faced 11 CHARGES OVER THE YEARS and FARE have been present in their ground and will have heard the racist and sectarian singing and just the other week their fans had been throwing objects at the Cluj players but they aren't playing in Europe with a section of the stadium shut .

there is also the connection between Piara Powar and Dermott Desmond's son..

They could have accepted the punishment if they wanted but still put the boot into FARE at exactly the same time.
The missiles in Cluj game yet might come back to haunt them. Dont think sanctions for those rounds of fixtures have been released yet.

That's why they say what songs and words are unacceptable. Show some leadership and make an example of anyone who doesn't listen and tries to hurt the Club with their words, give our enemies nothing to work with.

Do you really need the Club to say don’t sing FTP and don’t sing about 19th Century Terrorist? I just don’t understand that at all.

Oh for %^*& sake.

ANYTHING ABOUT THE POPE, ANYTHING THAT CONTAINS 19th Century Terrorist AND ANYTHING THAT CONTAINS STUFF ABOUT CATHOLICS.

Calm your fucking vagina.

Which part did you fail to read of my post? Are you being obtuse, or just thick?

The Club/Board has to make a stand IMO. Far too many times over the past 3 or so years we have been refereed to a different standard, lied about in the media ,players attacked during the course of matches and the board have stayed silent.
As much as I am greatful to those who saved the Club with their cash and determination, I and millions of other Rangers fans need the board to defend our Club and lead from the front.
I personally do not blame the UB for this situation, I sit in the East Enclosure and TBB's has been started up in that section many times over the season, and I bet other sections have started the song too.
Without the UB we may have well send "Tumble Weed" across the pitch, and unlike the "Subway-Loyal" they stay to the end to thank our players.

There is no one at board room level willing to fight for our club they are spineless gutless .... until we have someone defending our club it’s business as usual I’m afraid.

Long story short it’s uefa’s ball, and if we want to be at the party (and we need to be) we have to give them what they want. The club have no choice but to offer up the ub’s for sacrifice on Thursday, because that’s what uefa require of them. What’s vital is that we gain control of this and it is not allowed to happen again. To prevent this, we have to come together supporters and club. Those who are unwilling to do this must be left behind.

To be honest, I'm fed up hearing this shite, It's their baw!
We give up songs.....great, what comes next? because there will be a what comes next.

There are people who hate us in positions that have influence.

Our club needs to start talking to every single person in UEFA to find that one person who doesn't like them and start reversing the process.

Until we do, it will be an arse skelping at every turn.

Calm your fucking vagina.

Which part did you fail to read of my post? Are you being obtuse, or just thick?

I answered your question in the only way it seems to get through to you. Not my problem if you don't get it.

I kinda see the argument from both points of views.

There was plenty warning that FARE were going to be in attendance that evening on Social Media. I can specifically remember when the song started, a guy behind me saying FARE are here tonight, we’ll get done for that....and he was right. That’s the thing, folk in our support aren’t stupid. They know the game our enemies play and they played us like a fucking fiddle. The folk singing the songs need to probably be a lot more clever in situations like that.

Other clubs have had countless fines over the years (guess who) for various offences yet there are no stand/section closures. Second we are back in Europe, we get it done straight away with a harsher sentence. That’s what needs to be questioned. And the club better do that.

Now financially there isn’t probably much of a difference between the total amount of fines from UEFA for different charges over the years and the loss of revenue from a stand being shut but politically the headlines of a stand being closed due to “racist singing” is a lot worse than “club gets fined” and again it’s another incident that gives our enemies leverage. They want Rangers to be portrayed as the worst fans going and sometimes we don’t help ourselves but the majority of times, it’s a clever game plan by various influences. It can be the BBC, it can be Clyde and it can be the idiots in the media like Spiers and Leckie and on this occasion, it’s the Celtic minded FARE.

The songs need to stop, its that simple. However I don’t like this undercurrent of “it’s all the UB’s fault” from some in our support and the club.

We should be together on all fronts and you have the UB’s with an axe to grind with the club and the club going for the UB’s. It’s not good.

it's also bizarre/strange that what our fans have sung is deemed to be racism but Celtic fans singing racist anti-British Pro IRA songs and chanting " up the ra" is deemed to be "illicit chanting " by UEFA...

Yes because it both acknowledges the problem and shows that they are taking ownership of the problem.

It is we, the fans, who need to take ownership. We are the only ones who can avoid further sanctions. For sure, it’s for the Club to take on FARE/UEFA but that’s going to be a whole lot easier when we, the fans, have cleaned up our act.

Do you really need the Club to say don’t sing FTP and don’t sing about 19th Century Terrorist? I just don’t understand that at all.

Most, if not all, on here don't.

That's clearly not the case for some supporters who attend matches, otherwise they wouldn't indulge in it. Something definitive needs to be put in writing for these people.

Why should the club take ownership. It's not the guys in the boardroom singing the stuff.

It's the fans that need to solve this, nobody else.
Because it's the Club that will get punished. Am I speaking a foreign language or summat? I genuinely can't understand why people are having so much difficulty with what I'm suggesting. Club shows leadership, does as much as they can, compiles with guidelines, fans who step away from the very clear guidelines are punished, Club shows that they are taking it seriously.

Without the distorted information from FARE, where do we fail article 14?
What are you getting at? There was a rendition of a song with a lyric prescribed by UEFA to be discriminatory. It was in the UEFA delegates report. Without FARE we would still fall foul of article 14.

I answered your question in the only way it seems to get through to you. Not my problem if you don't get it.

You didn't answer anything. You clearly didn't read what i'd written. You just shouted in block capitals like a wean. Grow up and start behaving like a rational adult.

It is we, the fans, who need to take ownership. We are the only ones who can avoid further sanctions. For sure, it’s for the Club to take on FARE/UEFA but that’s going to be a whole lot easier when we, the fans, have cleaned up our act.
So what are you gonna do if some bloke next to you starts singing something you suspect may get us in bother? What authority would you have to chastise him without being formally made aware of what cannot be tolerated?

To be honest, I'm fed up hearing this shite, It's their baw!
We give up songs.....great, what comes next? because there will be a what comes next.

There are people who hate us in positions that have influence.

Our club needs to start talking to every single person in UEFA to find that one person who doesn't like them and start reversing the process.

Until we do, it will be an arse skelping at every turn.

I really don't think that UEFA spend their entire days obsessing about us mate. They do have a few other teams to deal with.

Because it's the Club that will get punished. Am I speaking a foreign language or summat? I genuinely can't understand why people are having so much difficulty with what I'm suggesting. Club shows leadership, does as much as they can, compiles with guidelines, fans who step away from the very clear guidelines are punished, Club shows that they are taking it seriously.

What guidelines do you want the club to put out that they haven't done for years ? Do you want a new Wee Blue Book so we know what to sing ?

Most, if not all, on here don't.

That's clearly not the case for some supporters who attend matches, otherwise they wouldn't indulge in it. Something definitive needs to be put in writing for these people.

With all respect, FF isn’t full of MENSA members mate. If, as you say, most on here don’t need lists then it’s fair to assume most of the wider support don’t either. Those who choose to do so are doing so wilfully and in some sort of misguided defiance.

What are you getting at? There was a rendition of a song with a lyric prescribed by UEFA to be discriminatory. It was in the UEFA delegates report. Without FARE we would still fall foul of article 14.

You actually believe that an UEFA delegate, from anywhere in Europe and possibly not even fluent in English, will be sitting with his camera on the Rangers fans for 90 minutes listening for the Billy Boys or some thing else ? :oops:

There's no point, he's not reading the words put in front of him. It's clearly something that needs addressed, since vague warnings haven't had any long term success. There would be no harm in explicitly stating what not to sing, basically aimed at supporters who won't heed the message.

So what are you gonna do if some bloke next to you starts singing something you suspect may get us in bother? What authority would you have to chastise him without being formally made aware of what cannot be tolerated?

I’m a punter, I don’t have any authority whatsoever whether there’s a list or no list. If said gentlemen needs me to tell him not to sing FTP or about hating 19th Century Terrorist bastards he’s well beyond any advice I might wish to give him.

You actually believe that an UEFA delegate, from anywhere in Europe and possibly not even fluent in English, will be sitting with his camera on the Rangers fans for 90 minutes listening for the Billy Boys or some thing else ? :oops:

Do you believe a delegate employed by uefa wont have done his or her due diligence and familiarise themself on the teams they are there to observe and what issues they may or may not need to look out for?

Or are they just there for a jolly?

I really don't think that UEFA spend their entire days obsessing about us mate. They do have a few other teams to deal with.

Not for one second suggesting they do, but on matters concerning us, I'd hazard a guess that there are usual suspects who deal with our cases voluntarily.

Probably just my paranoia kicking in.

It seems to be that a vast majority of well known members are against the Union Bears in fact they are against everything apart from getting messages and likes on their profiles . You are pathetic get a life , as 99% of you have sung the songs all be it we have to stop it now , give these guys our support and unite or get lost !!

I kinda see where the UB are coming from, as these songs are sung all over the stadium, so everyone who sings these songs must share the blame.
But here’s a thing, see when the gaffer asks for the stadium “to rock”, what do we think the gaffer’s thoughts are when all he can hear (not all the time, but on occasions) is FTP and all the old songbooks ringing in his ears.?
Not only is it likely our stadium will get closed but our best chance to get 55 might just pack his bags and head back down south..
So in between everyone pointing fingers and blaming everyone else, have a wee think about that scenario.

Oh for %^*& sake.

Why did Linfield make a clear statement about TBB?

There are numbskulls in our support who will sing what they want because they think it's their right. The club can't rely on their common sense. If they do, it'll be stadium closure next.

OK mate, explain in detail where TBB's falls foul of article 14 without fare influence, I can't see it.

I’m a punter, I don’t have any authority whatsoever whether there’s a list or no list. If said gentlemen needs me to tell him not to sing FTP or about hating 19th Century Terrorist bastards he’s well beyond any advice I might wish to give him.
We all know that the word '19th Century Terrorist' is a no go and that FTP is unacceptable but what else is likely to get us in bother? How are we to know unless we're told?

And if they say it’s OK to sing The Sash - and the FTPs creep in at the end again?

Either way, we know what to avoid - FTP and 19th Century Terrorist would be an appropriate start.

The club maybe need to be blunt and spell out the words/songs that are banned. This sticks in my throat but I would even encourage the club to approach FARE and discuss with them what we are proposing and ask for guidance which will show how seriously we are taking this. We have to play smart here.

With all respect, FF isn’t full of MENSA members mate. If, as you say, most on here don’t need lists then it’s fair to assume most of the wider support don’t either. Those who choose to do so are doing so wilfully and in some sort of misguided defiance.

I'd say the overwhelming majority of regular posters have a modicum of intelligence that allows them to understand what is and isn't acceptable, but there's plenty of guys i've seen at games who look like they'd struggle to use a computer, so it rarely comes as a surprise when they're the ones belting out the banned content. Whether they'd listen or not, I couldn't say with certainty, but it at least puts the club on a proactive footing, knowing that they've made it clear to everyone what won't be tolerated.

It would allow the club to employ a zero tolerance approach to folk, who would have absolutely no excuses if they were subsequently banned.

Deflecting the blame. Everyone needs to accept responsibility inside the stadium. Not everyone except BF1. They aren't blameless but never accept any wrongdoing. I think they do a great job but are they going to be careful about what songs they sing? No mention of future intentions??

The only section to not get relocated I believe, and the club lambasting them. They have a riught to be p1ssed off, I know I am.

Not for one second suggesting they do, but on matters concerning us, I'd hazard a guess that there are usual suspects who deal with our cases voluntarily.

Probably just my paranoia kicking in.

Who exactly are these Catholic bogeymen who are roaming the halls of UEFA looking to destroy us? Can you name one?

It's ridiculous. We're a club from one of the lowest ranked leagues in Europe. I doubt that anyone important within UEFA gives that much of a f*ck about us. Probably an office junior who processed our sanction.

Because it's a cop out by those that don't want to change the songbook.

The club has been extremely clear on several occassions, if people still claim they don't know what not to sing it's because they don't want to stop singing these songs, plain and simple.
10 Rangers fans get washed up on a desert island, within a week you've got 11 RSCs.

Let's just agree to disagree.

Do you believe a delegate employed by uefa wont have done his or her due diligence and familiarise themself on the teams they are there to observe and what issues they may or may not need to look out for?

Or are they just there for a jolly?

A foreign UEFA delegate wouldn't know the difference between Number One Platoon and Donald Where's Your Troosers, mate. Its like me or you being sent to Belgrade and to look out for Serbian songs and slogans.

The club maybe need to be blunt and spell out the words/songs that are banned. This sticks in my throat but I would even encourage the club to approach FARE and discuss with them what we are proposing and ask for guidance which will show how seriously we are taking this. We have to play smart here.

Much as it sticks in the craw, I do agree there may be merit in such a discussion. However, I suspect FARE would simply say don’t sing anything that could be construed as sectarian or discriminatory. They wouldn’t get into specifics.

Who exactly are these Catholic bogeymen who are roaming the halls of UEFA looking to destroy us? Can you name one?

It's ridiculous. We're a club from one of the lowest ranked leagues in Europe. I doubt that anyone important within UEFA gives that much of a f*ck about us. Probably an office junior who processed our sanction.

Lawell has just started a role with UEFA, so there's one to start with!

It seems to be that a vast majority of well known members are against the Union Bears in fact they are against everything apart from getting messages and likes on their profiles . You are pathetic get a life , as 99% of you have sung the songs all be it we have to stop it now , give these guys our support and unite or get lost !!

I really don't think that your helping the UB's cause with this post mate.

OK mate, explain in detail where TBB's falls foul of article 14 without fare influence, I can't see it.
Up to our knees in 19th Century Terrorist blood?

UEFA decided chants of this sort against 19th Century Terrorists falls foul of THEIR rules. Article 14 is laid out by uefa. UEFA send their own delegates. This was in his report.
It's their competition. Regardless if FARE are in attendance at every game or not if TBB isn't sung at a uefa organised match then we have an argument.

And before its brought up, I was in eindhoven in 2011 and that was a stitch up. We had an argument then which o still strongly believe as we were praised by the uefa delegate

A foreign UEFA delegate wouldn't know the difference between Number One Platoon and Donald Where's Your Troosers, mate. Its like me or you being sent to Belgrade and to look out for Serbian songs and slogans.
If I was employed by uefa to observe matches I'd be doing my homework to ensure I was prepared to carry out my job effectively. Same as any job. Otherwise I might find myself to be out of a job.

Back