Union Bears Statement on UEFA's decision

Completely agree and the board have massively let the fans down on this one.

The cowardly statement from the Club and general lack of sticking up for our supporters has been a massive own goal for the current regime imho.

Stewart Robinson being one prime example of a weak and pathetic managing director. On a par with Martin Bain for me.

Mate you need to face up to this one: we are guilty - there is no defence or plea in mitigation. We need to own up to the reality we are in or we will suffer more severe consequences

It’s a disappointing statement, if they really had to make a statement, further time / wiser judgement should’ve been taken to the wording / let the dust settle after today’s game

The Union Bears have, along with the rest of the support, had numerous warnings , reminders , instructions of how under UEFA competition rules there is strict liability and punishment Rangers might suffer on songs / lanaguage , not so long ago we had an away euro ban because of singing, UEFA / FARE and other media have been after us / had us under microscope for long time here, we ALL needed to box clever

Dave King was on the pitch himself couple seasons back to address the fans before a Europa qualifying game to behave , watchful of the songs / words , the club have been continually putting the message out there to keep the head in the Euro games but folk didn’t listen ,they started up the songs

You can’t now come back and say we didn’t know what would happen because of our song choices, the club got flagged for it at the st joes game with that section of the ground identified as the originating point

We (as in the club and ALL the support, need to deal with it, learn from it and make sure it never happens again,

We all love the energy, enthusiasm , effort the UB bring, the commitment , dedication , hard work they put into the card displays , Tifo etc but I will repeat what I said in thread about today’s banners they had, the club & the wider support cannot be held to ransom from within by the actions / demands of a small minority of , and trying not to be patronising here, young supporters with limited life experience , knowledge about the wider world , not least football club administration and adhering to the very lengthy legal requirements & obligations of taking part in UEFA club competitions

There will ultimately be only one winner here if the UB don’t realise & fully understand the guidelines for which all supporters must live within given the financial need the club has to be included in UEFA competitions

Anyone that signed up for CCS should've been given a ticket elsewhere in the stadium.If that meant game to game Rangers fans missed out so be it.Season ticket holders that pay 100s up front and sign up for all extras are missing out and that's not right imo.

I haven’t signed up for CCS although I’ve attended every euro game at home this season and will do for the group stages should we be fortunate enough to qualify. My season ticket (right next to the directors box) probably costs more than a guy who sits in BF or BR1 including the CCS games.

Does that put me above or below the pecking order? That’s not right either.

The club have done the best they could in under the shïtest of circumstances.

Pathetic statement taking zero responsibility even as the “voice of Ibrox”.

The union bears are not bigger than the club - shame they seem to think so.

Stadium closure and the end of BF1 on the way, cos these clowns just don’t get it.

Anyone know why their statement says rest of BF has been moved? I’m in BF2 and not had an email about moving just assumed BF2 was still open? Anyone know

I think your being slightly thick

OK, that settles that then.

Clearly you're assumption that everyone understands the problems and consequences is correct.

That's why we find ourselves with section closures and possible stadium closures to come.

Great logic.

The club is carrying out an edict handed down by UEFA.faced with closing 3000 seats should they have picked a section of Copeland, Govan or Main stand?

I haven’t signed up for CCS although I’ve attended every euro game at home this season and will do for the group stages should we be fortunate enough to qualify. My season ticket (right next to the directors box) probably costs more than a guy who sits in BF or BR1 including the CCS games.

So you didn’t sign up for priority? The amount you pay has f all to do with it.

I refer you to 2011 in Eindhoven.

None of the so-called 'offending' songs were sung that night, yet FARE still reported us.

The UEFA statement related to Ajax suggested it was 'Super Rangers' that caused the problem for Rangers in Eindhoven.

Is there any proof online that 'Build My Gallows' was the song targeted?

It’s a great shame they confuse the UEFA decision with the club decision.

Someone with a sane head needs to read through their statements.

Or the club could have released their statement the other day attacking FARE for their bias and their total reluctance to demand that Celtic has a section of their ground shut down for the anti-British racist and political pro-IRA chants ad the sectarian singing from their fans.

It's pretty clear that FARE is an organisation that is not fair and playing to an agenda and when you even had Martin Bain saying that years ago then Christ almighty! If even he could say it then why the hell couldn't this board do exactly the same?

Celtic have faced 11 CHARGES OVER THE YEARS and FARE have been present in their ground and will have heard the racist and sectarian singing and just the other week their fans had been throwing objects at the Cluj players but they aren't playing in Europe with a section of the stadium shut .

there is also the connection between Piara Powar and Dermott Desmond's son..

They could have accepted the punishment if they wanted but still put the boot into FARE at exactly the same time.

Last edited:
I understand their anger but they have some basics wrong here.

This isn’t a disproportionate punishment. Read article 14 in UEFA’s rules - it’s the minimum punishment.

The point re singing I can’t agree with. Had numerous meetings that spoke about singing in the section, including one following the charge.

We need to face up to facts here. In UEFA’s rules we are guilty. There is no defence that will work. We need to drop the discriminatory songs.

I have stated many times that I feel the UB are unfairly solely blamed for the singing but BF1 was the origin of the charges on that night.

We need the support to unite on this. Until we face up to the facts of the situation we are in we are extremely vulnerable to further sanctions

Your our Liason Officer you should be taking the lead in my view in getting reps from RSC’s, Singinging Sections, other groups together at Ibrox for a summit (might not be the best word) but your in a position to get everyone together I actually responded to your email today saying the same. I get you have thankless Job but it is one that comes with opportunities and headaches some of us would love to have.

Wee edit: just checked ma email there after posting this and seen your reply. Fair enough on responding mate

Or the club could have released their statement the other day attacking FARE for their bias and their total reluctance to demand that Celtic has a section of their ground shut down for the anti-British racist and political pro-IRA chants ad the sectarian singing from their fans.

It's pretty clear that FARE is an organisation that is not fair and playing to an agenda and when you even had Martin Bain saying that years ago then Christ almighty! If even he could say it then why the hell couldn't this board do exactly the same?

Celtic gave faced 11 CHARGES OVER THE YEARS and FARE have been present in their ground and will have heard the racist and sectarian singing and just the other week their fans had been throwing objects at the Cluj players but they aren't playing in Europe with a section of the stadium shut .

there is also the connection between Piara Powar and Dermott Desmond's son..
Aye - whataboutery will win the day for us....

What are you talking about?I don't care how much you pay.Point is season ticket holders paid their season tickets also signed up for CCS they should all be getting tickets for this game.

No problem.

We’ll start with songs about 19th Century Terrorists.
Songs about the Pope.
Songs about terrorist organisations.
Songs about dead terrorists.
Songs about paedophiles.

Bile may be a tad strong but you get the jist.

All completely unnecessary and the Union Bears would make far greater strides if they, as “the voice of Ibrox”, made a clear attempt to eradicate such songs. Their statement today would’ve been the perfect start. Build bridges with the club.

I'll give you most of that list but songs about beasts are alright in my book.
C.unts should be castrated.

As I said in a previous post what age do you think the average UB member was in 2006?

As we rose up through the divisions the billy boys n super Rangers re appeared after our last warnings. I didn’t hear the club come out once and say this is banned stop singing it. The club has to take its share of the blame for not keeping on top of the issue and being pro active rather than re active.

I’m not privy to the discussions between the UB and the club but I’m sure if the club had issues with the songs being sung in the past they should have dealt with the UB’s songs well before now.

We are all to blame, I sung the billy boys at the St Josephs game as did the majority of the ground. We should be united in how we go ahead positively from here not looking for scape goats and falling out
Hes got a point but so do you re age.

Club has not been savvy. Certain songs have probably been sung in more games but FARE are bigoted bastards. We have a culture and identity that is regularly abused by many from one club who use the word were not allowed to say as a badge of honour.

There must be legal teams that can ripped these cunts apart.

and what about the banner they have to show?

Put their shitey banner in BF1 if they need to. What I am saying is paying season ticket supporters in BF1 could have been re-allocated throughout the stadium for Thursday rather than banning them for one of the biggest games of the season.

Hes got a point but so do you re age.

Club has not been savvy. Certain songs have probably been sung in more games but FARE are bigoted bastards. We have a culture and identity that is regularly abused by many from one club who use the word were not allowed to say as a badge of honour.

There must be legal teams that can ripped these cunts apart.

PP - this ain’t criminal law.....it’s basically a private members club and you need to abide by their rules.

Legally if we want in this club then we need to suck it up, whatever anyone else has done.

It really is straight forward the club should just come out and tell the fans that any songs about the uvf,ycv,rifles n pistols,bobby sands the pope n 19th Century Terrorists or any other outdated bollocks that has nothing to do with rangers will see you banned.
It’s that straight forward,songs about rangers and football only from this point onwards.
Does anybody actually care that they can’t sing about the above if it’s banned?
The singing section at Ibrox is where most songs start so get them together tell them what’s expected of them as they have a major influence on what gets chanted.
All just my opinion of course

And by the way for the record the sooner people accept that the F word Amis essentially the N word in the footballing world then we will be faced with closers and or expulsion

Have absolutely no problem with the F word being banned. As long as all religious sectarianism receives the same treatment.

So any anti protestant sectarian chants should be treated the same.

Or are you only not allowed to have a go at the religion of the Pope?

The club and board need to show leadership to both the supporters and our enemies.
That is not being done just now.
We should be taking collective punishment not focusing it onUB07

The UEFA statement related to Ajax suggested it was 'Super Rangers' that caused the problem for Rangers in Eindhoven.

Is there any proof online that 'Build My Gallows' was the song targeted?
It's long been rumoured to be BMG but never confirmed.Truth is if people remember after Villarreal Super Rangers stayed in the songbook for Euro games home and away tbh was only a matter of time that the chant got us in bother.Surprised it took this long really.

It puts you both above non-season ticket holders for a start. 3,000 of which will be in attendance on Thursday night at the expense of season ticket holders in BF1.

Both the Union Bears and the board have handled this badly. They should be working together to ensure our enemies don’t succeed. Instead, they’re both now fighting one another rather than the foe before us.

The songs referencing the Pope and the F word need to stop. We won’t win that battle with UEFA. However, rather than blaming certain aspects of the support the club should have engaged the UB and designed a plan that would ensure our most colourful section on match day was working with the club.

Which has what to do with singing about fucking the pope or 19th Century Terrorist bastards exactly?

Why are some so desperate to hold on to those things in particular?

Did i say it did? My point is more about where it stops and how easy our fanbase is to rollover instead of defend itself

What are you talking about?I don't care how much you pay.Point is season ticket holders paid their season tickets also signed up for CCS they should all be getting tickets for this game.

Money paid or committing to priority purchase doesn’t excuse bad behaviour. FARE apparently identified BF1 as the area in question. Why wouldn’t the club act in that area?

Back