Union Bears Statement on UEFA's decision

And the board have shat it and bowed down to our enemies over it all. I reckon there is something more sinister at play here why have the board not taken FARE to task when it's clear they have an agenda against the Club. We are attacked at all angles 24/7 and I'm sick of it.

Shameful stuff.

What is it you want the club to do? Stick two fingers up to UEFA and get us booted out of Europe? 3,000 fans are already missing out on watching their team play because we've been singing songs we know are banned. FARE might be listening in with a fcking stethoscope at every seat, but the songs were sung. There is no defence.

Other clubs singing horrible shite is a problem. Yes the club need to highlight that. None of that means the club has any kind of defence they can mount for something that we did do.

Currently, the club are in the best position we have been in for arguably 8 - 10 seasons, we have a young management team that will go places, I'm 100% sure of that.

Yet, here we are, main discussing point is our support not being able to follow a few simple rules.
We have so much to celebrate and be proud of right now, yet we are in the news for none of that.
Tragic, to say the least.

The UB have so much to offer but it looks as though importance and passion for their group is outweighing the importance and passion for the club.

We should not be in the position.

Last edited:
Why are we still debating this, everyone with a bit of common sense knows what add on or songs should not be sung, the UB has been a great influence on the atmosphere at Ibrox, but the Club has given clear warning that the 'bad' songs will not be tolerated.
If the support as a whole, not just the UB do not conform to the Clubs wishes then the ultimate power is with the Club. I have no doubt ST would be withdrawn.
When push comes to shove, practically every fan will back the Board.
So every fan no matter where they sit should realise that there is no debate about this, play the rules or leave ( I hope you all decide to play the rules and stay)
We have, in my opinion, the best fans in the world. Let's prove it
The debate has moved on and now is why UB are shouldering the punishment and blame for everyone. There is
...With you down the pub watching the other mob because we have been chucked out of Europe.

Staunch Loyal
so be it

People need to separate the two issues here, we all know who and what FARE is .

We also know what's proscribed , although full clarification for some might be wise.

We will never get FARE off our backs by self harming.

We won't persuade the club to fight our corner by shooting ourselves in the foot either.

It's simple , we need to clean up our act and FARE becomes an irrelevance.

Then maybe we can turn our attention to the orcs .

The UB's did not make their intentions clear in the statement. Will they drop controversial songs that could get Ibrox shut, and Rangers thrown out of Europe? I hope they opt to stay clear of any controversies. They are important in the bigger picture, but they can't be part of it without showing leadership themselves.

It puts you both above non-season ticket holders for a start. 3,000 of which will be in attendance on Thursday night at the expense of season ticket holders in BF1.

Absolutely but maybe we’re missing the point. We should rightly be hitting the fans that are at fault (I’m not saying this is the UBs btw). My point is that it shouldn’t just be a numbers game based on expenditure, commitment to CCS or anything like that.

The UEFA statement related to Ajax suggested it was 'Super Rangers' that caused the problem for Rangers in Eindhoven.

Is there any proof online that 'Build My Gallows' was the song targeted?

Deedle, I will try and find something to back it up by I vividly remember it being quoted somewhere as BMGs and I was quite vocal in the FARE agenda back then.

When it’s 19th Century Terrorist and TBB we will pay the price but when the likes of BMG were punished (which we’ll need to confirm) it’s majorly concerning because there’s nothing sectarian in it.

Hope I’m wrong.

Have absolutely no problem with the F word being banned. As long as all religious sectarianism receives the same treatment.

So any anti protestant sectarian chants should be treated the same.

Or are you only not allowed to have a go at the religion of the Pope?

No one on here will disagree with u mate

And the board have shat it and bowed down to our enemies over it all. I reckon there is something more sinister at play here why have the board not taken FARE to task when it's clear they have an agenda against the Club. We are attacked at all angles 24/7 and I'm sick of it.

Shameful stuff.
What did you want the board to do? Go to court and be thrown out of Europe so some people can sing about 19th Century Terrorists? Grow up.

The only important thing in that statement is the last sentence. Let's forget the blame game and see if they and the support follow it.

Spot on! Whilst I think much of the content in the statement is amateurish - the last sentence is all that matters.

Roll on the UBs.

People need to speak face to face. Statement and counter statements wont sort this. I just hope that the club and the Union Bears will liase with one one another moving forward. The sooner this sorry mess is put to bed once and for all the better for every single Rangers fan and the club itself.
Spot on. There needs to be a meeting of sorts setup here. Emails and statements back and forth will not be productive at all.

Did i say it did? My point is more about where it stops and how easy our fanbase is to rollover instead of defend itself
So who is rolling over and giving up their traditional British values?
I'm certainly not, and don't associate that with any of the quasi-religious bullshit that so many claim is our heritage.

PP - this ain’t criminal law.....it’s basically a private members club and you need to abide by their rules.

Legally if we want in this club then we need to suck it up, whatever anyone else has done.
FARE must be accountable, impartial and without prejudice but are not.

UEFA are as corrupt. They award finals and tournaments to racist and homophobic nations.

Lets just bend over eh?

We need to play the game but their double standards and corruption should not be swept under the carpet like paedophilia at Parkpaed.

Have absolutely no problem with the F word being banned. As long as all religious sectarianism receives the same treatment.

"The F word". Fucking hell this is tragic, what age are you?

Money paid or committing to priority purchase doesn’t excuse bad behaviour. FARE apparently identified BF1 as the area in question. Why wouldn’t the club act in that area?
So no one else joined in my memory of the game while not great is large parts of the ground sang super Rangers and along the Broomloan front as a whole where I sit some sang the BB.Not the whole song died out if I remember correctly.Remember thinking at the tine that those things could cause us bother.So why when it most definitely wasn't just 1 section is 1 section being punished when the rest are getting off?Especially when you add in people in BF1 who didn't even join in with it

OK, that settles that then.

Clearly you're assumption that everyone understands the problems and consequences is correct.

That's why we find ourselves with section closures and possible stadium closures to come.

Great logic.

There are supporters out their tonight who are fairly vocal that we are being hunks and bending over to the illuminati.

And yet we all know what words can and can’t be said - that’s great logic

UEFA are as corrupt. They award finals and tournaments to racist and homophobic nations.

Lets just bend over eh?

We need to play the game but their double standards and corruption should not be swept under the carpet like paedophilia at Parkpaed.
All of the above might be true.

But if you want to play in their competition it doesn’t matter.

I've read it all now. Union Bears have dug their own grave with that statement, not at all surprised though.

In the nicest possible way, how is it confusing?

Don't sing about the pope, 19th Century Terrorists, the ira.
Do sing about Rangers, our players, and our history. Even throw in some of the old loyalist songs without any mention of the above and it's all good.

Why is this so hard to understand for folk?

I genuinely believe you are wasting your time

Lets just bend over eh?

All of this is irrelevant. There’s nothing anyone can do about it.

Currently, the club are in the best position we have been in for arguably 8 - 10 seasons, we have a young management team that will go places, I'm 100% sure of that.

Yet, here we are, main discussing point is our support not being able to follow a few simple rules.
We have so much to celebrate and be proud of right now, yet we are in the news for none of that.
Tragic, say the least.

The UB have so much to offer but it looks as though importance and passion for their group is outweighing the importance and passion for the club.

We should not be in the position.
Great post. Spot on.

The bit about allegedly sectarian added to the absence of any promise not to repeat the songs has me very worried. A stadium closure and I fear the manager will walk.

We can debate the rights and wrongs of which seats lie empty and who suffers, but we will all suffer far more if certain songs haven't immediately been confined to history.

We all know the words that are unacceptable,just don’t use them surely that’s not difficult ,we are not going to get away with it so ffs just stop. Let us take the moral high ground

What do you see our identity and beliefs as?

I suspect for everyone it's a bit different.

The only collective belief we have is that Rangers are the greatest football club on the planet and should be successful in everything it does.

Look u have started quoting me from a reply to another poster. Iv explained what i mean to you now 3 times if you dont get it. Thats your problem.
I do believe you do understand and are going through a im a better fan than you moment. Enjoy

So no one else joined in my memory of the game while not great is large parts of the ground sang super Rangers and along the Broomloan front as a whole where I sit some sang the BB.Not the whole song died out if I remember correctly.Remember thinking at the tine that those things could cause us bother.So why when it most definitely wasn't just 1 section is 1 section being punished when the rest are getting off?Especially when you add in people in BF1 who didn't even join in with it

Only other thing to do is ban 40,000 (all likely participants). That would be the fair thing to do albeit insane!

The club have handled this the best they could. Apparently (whether we or the club agree or not) the BF1 section was highlighted by FARE (perhaps due to the UBs being typically the main voice of the stadium) Therefore I can see why the club acted on this section.

If anyone should feel pïssed off - it’s the people in CD6 or 7.

Can’t argue with a single word of that, they guys have been made the scapegoat and as a club our board should have thought long and hard before making the judgment that it has done , it seems they bast*rds across the city get the backing of there board every time they cross the line as nothing gets done to them, the union bears like the rest of us have all sung the songs so to judge them the way some have is bang out of order

There are supporters out their tonight who are fairly vocal that we are being hunks and bending over to the illuminati.

And yet we all know what words can and can’t be said - that’s great logic

And when the 'words' stop, and they move onto the next thing, what do we do then?

Bend over and take again?

There is an orchestrated attack on our club and our fans, the ins and outs have been highlighted for years by fans, unfortunately fans are in no position to take it any further.
Only the club can, and they must start to take it seriously.

The fact you use 'illuminati' as sarcasm says everything.

Deedle, I will try and find something to back it up by I vividly remember it being quoted somewhere as BMGs and I was quite vocal in the FARE agenda back then.

When it’s 19th Century Terrorist and TBB we will pay the price but when the likes of BMG were punished (which we’ll need to confirm) it’s majorly concerning because there’s nothing sectarian in it.

Hope I’m wrong.

I doubt whether BMG would have led to the threat of a stand closure. The club would have had very strong grounds for making an issue of it, especially bearing in mind the song-book at Parkhead.

It’s always been pretty clear to me that the stuff that results in punishment is ‘FTP’ and ‘19th Century Terrorist’.

Round and round we go, and yet the facts are simple. Stop singing the songs we know will get us into trouble, or face the consequences. The fact the union bears refuse to acknowledge any fault is embarrassing. That statement reads like they have did nothing wrong. Ever. And some will say they haven’t - but what matters is uefa do think that, so to be quite frank, those you think they are blameless and uefa are out to get us need to suck it up, get it out their system and move on.

And for those saying the board bent over and took this without fight - what the %^*& did you expect them to do? It’s uefa - there is no fighting it, no debating it. It would be an even bigger act of self harm to not do what they have done.

So many folk on here are stuck in the dark ages it’s frightening.

Just say 19th Century Terrorist mate.F word %^*& me sideways.19th Century Terrorist is no way comparable with the N word to describe black people.Genuinley think this place is off its collective head.

Plastic pitches, mickey mouse stadiums, a suffocating merchandise deal, 4 qualifying rounds, a tiny budget (relatively speaking), biggest rivals able to outspend you for the foreseeable future, a pitiful governing body and now...UEFA sanctions, accusations of racism/discrimination, sections of the ground closed - would anyone honestly be surprised if Gerrard departed for England sooner than expected...?

Back