Union Bears Statement on UEFA's decision

We were reported by FARE for singing Build My Gallows in Eindhoven.

Yet we have many posters on here claiming we all know which songs shouldnt be sung. That's not the case. FARE can claim racism and sectarianism for many songs that fans quite innocently believe are fine. I expect the Sash and Derry's Walls to land is in hot water sooner or later.

Just saying dont sing bad songs wont work.

Sing what we want in clubs, sing what we want in pubs, sing what we want at home but its clear we cannot sing what we want in a football stadium as all we will do is hurt the club we love.
There is no doubt we are a marked club so we have to be smart and cut out the offending songs.

The club have made them the scapegoats

Let’s face it, the powers that be at Ibrox have an axe to grind with The UB. Yes they were implicit in the chanting but to basically single them out is wrong imo. It was the easy choice

A free pass? We are closing off 3000 sests on Thursday night!

Completely aware of that.
There have been 5 games played in the competition since this charge.
I assumed on totting up it would be stadium closed for any songs reported during those 5 games.
Hope that clears it up.

I have been 100% behind the board until now. Their scapegoating of the UB and failure to stand up to this hounding by UEFA & FARE is cowardly at best. There was no challenge to the ruling, especially the racist part, no demand for clarification, no attempt to defend how wonderful our supporters have behaved all over Europe. The board have just bent over and taken it once again. I acknowledge the problem originated with Murray but if King and Co. are Rangers men they should realize this is a war on our club and support and instead of hanging supporters out to dry start to support them. Gerrard asked for full support on Thursday from the entire ground from start to finish. By banning the UB the board have ensured that will not happen and have removed the one section of our support capable and willing to “bring the noise” Gerrard desperately wanted. In their eagerness to appease, the board have shot themselves in the foot, I only hope it doesn’t cost us.

Yes. If there are songs reported it’s the next stage. That’s how serious this is.

It absolutely terrifies me that people cannot see the gravity of this and think the club going against FARE is an option here. UEFA do not care. Calls for parity right now are a scream into the void. If people cannot grasp this everything we have worked to rebuild over the last 8 years could be destroyed.

Because they are primarily liable for the Billy Boys in the European game.

A rudderless group of young supporters who have grand designs on themselves.
So they are not liable for 40,000 singing the Billy boys.
Or are these young guys with grand designes controlling fully grown men and women?
Can we make our mind up ?

So they are not liable for 40,000 singing the Billy boys.
Or are these young guys with grand designes controlling fully grown men and women?
Can we make our mind up ?
40,000 weren't singing it at that game.

I agree with the action the Board has taken. An area has to take a hit, and that area has to be BF1. It's a no brainer.

And we’ve took away the tickets from the guys who do more to promote old Rangers songs than anyone else and realise the position were in now.

And Ibrox will now be full off pissed up Euro day trippers

Crazy stuff.

The club took the tickets off the section who committed the crime. Some may think it’s unfair that all in the area were punished for the actions of a few but surely we can agree it’s appropriate that the section the charge came from should bear the brunt of the punishment. If not then there is zero accountability for our actions.

I personally am fully behind the Union Bears and think the way they are being demonised is absolute disgrace. They need to box more clever, that isn't up for debate, but to pin everything on them is just plain wrong. Our enemies want us to turn on each other, they're getting exactly what they want at the moment.

The UB aren't the biggest danger to the club.Some of the absolute hysterical rubbish on here in the last 48 hours has been something else.The UB joined in or started depending on what you believe and certainly weren't alone ,if they started it they won't do it again I'm 100% sure of that.All the bed wetters that want nothing other than football songs even if the traditional songs aren't offensive want the group that's brought more actual new songs about Rangers to the songbook than any other group banned.It's fucking ridiculous some of the crap being spouted.

Folk like you seem to be the biggest danger to the club, at least the UB can collectively be dealt with.

People dotted around the stadium that aren’t willing to accept that this type of behaviour is unwanted, out of date and harming the club are a bigger threat IMO.

Yes. If there are songs reported it’s the next stage. That’s how serious this is.
So, wait a second here till this is crystal clear.

Given there is probably many a hater that's already got their letters, tweets, emails or whatever already drafted in anticipation of Thursday, and will submit these through social media marked FAO UEFA no matter what does (or doesnt) occur on Thursday, who exactly will be the arbiter of the supports conduct and to what criteria must they follow?

Surely there must be cognisance of the clubs response, the spirit of the message and level of engagement and buy-in of the fans to eradicate the issue as will be demonstrated by either a lack of banned songs or a level of self policing towards those daft enough to not grasp the situation, of which I'm sure they'll be in a noticeable minority which itself reflects progress in the week following sanctions......or are you actually suggesting that if a few drunked up idiots fall foul then were simply getting a closed door situation??

For it's on this point many would treat the clubs lack of support with disdain. Help us help you and all that. Its starting to sound like an inevitability, I can see done quarters choking to 'report 'us....regardless of the accuracy or merits of said report.

There has to be a definitive clear and concise statement on what songs are banned. If FARE reported us for Build My Gallows, which I struggle to find anything remotely offensive with, then it won't matter what we sing. The obvious agenda is clear to see. The club has to show a degree of willingness to meet us halfway here.

The club took the tickets off the section who committed the crime. Some may think it’s unfair that all in the area were punished for the actions of a few but surely we can agree it’s appropriate that the section the charge came from should bear the brunt of the punishment. If not then there is zero accountability for our actions.
Surely the club should come out and educate the fanbase on what is acceptable and what is not instead of throwing our most verciferous support under the bus and just leaving it at that? Between the treatment of the Union Bears and the pathetic RSC allocation for the Old Firm, Rangers haven't exactly covered themselves in glory this last week.

I have been 100% behind the board until now. Their scapegoating of the UB and failure to stand up to this hounding by UEFA & FARE is cowardly at best. There was no challenge to the ruling, especially the racist part, no demand for clarification, no attempt to defend how wonderful our supporters have behaved all over Europe. The board have just bent over and taken it once again. I acknowledge the problem originated with Murray but if King and Co. are Rangers men they should realize this is a war on our club and support and instead of hanging supporters out to dry start to support them. Gerrard asked for full support on Thursday from the entire ground from start to finish. By banning the UB the board have ensured that will not happen and have removed the one section of our support capable and willing to “bring the noise” Gerrard desperately wanted. In their eagerness to appease, the board have shot themselves in the foot, I only hope it doesn’t cost us.

Greg has said this is not a battle the Board could ever hope to win. There is no upside to this for us. We play in their competition under their rules.

We might not have any crowd in future rounds if we continue.

Whatever folk think the “end game” is, football is not the outlet for political or tribal conflicts. Other teams might play that game, who cares, but we now cannot.

For every post about bending over and selling out, there’s another trumpet saying “box clever”. No one has done that despite all this “box clever” shitposts for years, and now we are here.

Go and shout on your street corner or in your back garden if you’re all about hating the pope or whoever, but hating your way thru a f*cking football match? Tragic.
Ps this isn’t a pop at you btw

Folk like you seem to be the biggest danger to the club, at least the UB can collectively be dealt with.

People dotted around the stadium that aren’t willing to accept that this type of behaviour is unwanted, out of date and harming the club are a bigger threat IMO.
I'll hand myself in to Dave King 1st thing tomorrow.

If you're charged with something, it doesnt follow you're convicted. Yet were charged and next thing punished.

Is there not a gap in the chain here?

I'm not talking bout what's went before, it's just starting to sound inevitable and with a lack of club support, unbelievable what's coming our way

Surely the club should come out and educate the fanbase on what is acceptable and what is not instead of throwing our most verciferous support under the bus and just leaving it at that? Between the treatment of the Union Bears and the pathetic RSC allocation for the Old Firm, Rangers haven't exactly covered themselves in glory this last week.
This is absolutely laughable. Who needs educated on what is a sectarian chant? Don't sing about 19th Century Terrorists, Catholics, the Pope, the IRA/UVF and we wont get booted out of Europe. It's really not difficult.

stadium closure £50k fine, i believe

it's simple really remove the songs with offending add-ons from the songbook its not f*cking rocket science, the UB statement was very naively written

I'm not too sure about that. Some people are seriously having difficulties grapsing the situation.

It’s only natural views and opinions on a matter like this one is going to cause a divide but in what is a massive week for our football club and the feel good factor start to the season, seeing this thread tonight and seeing the bitching and in-fighting amongst our support over this issue, it’s very disappointing.

stadium closure £50k fine, i believe

it's simple really remove the songs with offending add-ons from the songbook its not f*cking rocket science, the UB statement was very naively written
Surely there's a link between them and the club other than Ross. A go between if you like. Discussions with all concerned is the only way forward as I'd hate for the UB to be split up

It isn’t the board’s fault that some fans sang songs that are well known to be banned.

The board have failed because they didnt engage with the fans. Issuing statements and launching well meaning but futile campaigns doesnt work. Ask uefa if you dont know this already.

They need to do more a lot more. For a start they could tackle the constant attacks on the club and fans including the press, media, NBM and FARE. That would show the fans that they care. They could employ a researcher to gather evidence an# present this as proof of the bias, double standards and lies.

Finally, and more importantly, they could engage and liaise with fans at a meaningful level. Dont dictate. It doesnt work. Seek agreement and cooperation.

I personally am fully behind the Union Bears and think the way they are being demonised is absolute disgrace. They need to box more clever, that isn't up for debate, but to pin everything on them is just plain wrong. Our enemies want us to turn on each other, they're getting exactly what they want at the moment.

Firstly the UB weren’t singled out. BF1 was and for the reasons discussed before.

The OF allocation is simply due to having more RSCs than ever before, more ST holders than ever before, and more of the family stand buying their tickets than ever before. Not sure what they could do there to satisfy demand

Back