Union Bears Statement on UEFA's decision

You didn’t read my post that much is obvious, either that or you are unable to parse a sentence, despite your username. It’s quite a long post and I’m not going back over it solely for your benefit.

I read it, that’s what you said.

Once again the Rangers board take the easy option banning the union bears the most vocal of our support when we need them most
Everyone of us are as guilty as them when we beat the scum 2-0 at Ibrox every bear in the ground sang the bllly boys let’s not kid ourselves on

WATP

Union Bears have sadly made a really poor statement. They are either part of the problem or part of the solution. From this statement they appear to be part of the problem.

Which is sad because they add to the support. They could be positive. That statement though refuses to even accept there is a problem.

The club needs to engage with them and the blue order quickly. Club 1872 needs to get involved here as well. They have been their usual woeful selves.

There seems to still be a lack of understanding of how serious this is.

Once again the Rangers board take the easy option banning the union bears the most vocal of our support when we need them most
Everyone of us are as guilty as them when we beat the scum 2-0 at Ibrox every bear in the ground sang the bllly boys let’s not kid ourselves on

WATP

How many times does it need said that Uefa singled out BF1 to the board when they charged us?!

WATP
wasn't it reported that the offending song started in BF1 thus the reason for its temp closure

What solution? If the UB didn’t start the Billy Boys who did? Now I was at the game and genuinely cannot recall the Billy Boys being sung and I agree with the UB statement that they’re an east target and I’ve no idea who started the song but clearly someone did. I’d like to see the club call out FARE more than UEFA calling out UEFA if pointless as corrupt as they are they’re in charge.

The solution to stop further punishment requires us all to work together?? The whole stadium has sung the songs in the past but there is nothing that can be done about what has happened the last few days but we need the club and UB to work together on this matter going forward.

FFS what has that got to do with our situation? Why are you even asking that question? Are you unable or unwilling to see how serious this situation is?

Well, let's see you ask what has that got to do with our situation.

I think it's got a lot to do with it as I think its perfectly legitimate to question why have we been hit with such a massive punishment when Celtic have had 11 charges and some for Anti -British racist and political chanting ( up the Ra) and "political banners" with IRA terrorists on them described by newspapers here as sectarian banners.

Questioning why they only for these charges were fined for illicit banners and chanting and a few words in one of ours songs was described as racism has a lot to do with our situation as you need to question why its racism for us but not them and why UEFA didn't see their charges as racism?

Being charged with racism and that tag can impact our brand and the charges are unwarranted, why didn't we get charged with "illicit chanting" is the point of what have they got to do with our current situation!

Union Bears have sadly made a really poor statement. They are either part of the problem or part of the solution. From this statement they appear to be part of the problem.

Which is sad because they add to the support. They could be positive. That statement though refuses to even accept there is a problem.

The club needs to engage with them and the blue order quickly. Club 1872 needs to get involved here as well. They have been their usual woeful selves.

There seems to still be a lack of understanding of how serious this is.
Got to agree re Club1872. They’re continued silence on this matter has been very disappointing. It makes me wonder why I pay my fee and I must admit I’m getting a little tired at their lack of coherent plan for communication, both for issues now and for the future.

I also agree they are either part of the problem or solution, but people have to want to change, they’re statement suggests otherwise. Unless they adopt that willingness to change, a stadium closure is only a matter of time.

Would have loved the UB statement to have been along the lines of "we aren't the only ones, we help the club out a lot etc etc" then finishing off with "we will work with the club to ensure that our songbook meets the standards required and we can bring the club forward to 55"

Perhaps even the club could approach them and sort this out, get a songbook agreed and dangle the carrot of safe standing to smooth the deal

Well, let's see you ask what has that got to do with our situation.

I think it's got a lot to do with it as I think its perfectly legitimate to question why have we been hit with such a massive punishment when Celtic have had 11 charges and some for Anti -British racist and political chanting ( up the Ra) and "political banners" with IRA terrorists on them described by newspapers here as sectarian banners.

Questioning why they only for these charges were fined for illicit banners and chanting and a few words in one of ours songs was described as racism has a lot to do with our situation as you need to question why its racism for us but not them and why UEFA didn't see their charges as racism?

Being charged with racism and that tag can impact our brand and the charges are unwarranted, why didn't we get charged with "illicit chanting" is the point of what have they got to do with our current situation!

Whataboutery. The last hiding place for those unwilling or unable to change

Your points are totally irrelevant. Doesn’t change our situation one bit. Doesn’t matter if it is fair in your view or not.

Simply put either we change our song book or we get kicked out of Europe. We have been told and better told this day has been coming a long time.

This serious. Very serious and you are still scrabbling around trying to justify where are?

Whataboutery. The last hiding place for those unwilling or unable to change

Your points are totally irrelevant. Doesn’t change our situation one bit. Doesn’t matter if it is fair in your view or not.

Simply put either we change our song book or we get kicked out of Europe. We have been told and better told this day has been coming a long time.

This serious. Very serious and you are still scrabbling around trying to justify where are?

You used the term thats used by those that don't want parity and equality for our supporters...What a -bloody- boutery and for that, I stopped reading your post after this stupid term!

the tims are boxing clever they keep their bile for spfl games hence crap fines at eufa matches.... we need to do same here stop banned songs and addons and keep eufa and FARE(haha gotta love that name ...not ..) from any further fines or worse stand closures

I think the statement could have been stronger and began to take the lead on new songs. In don't think it's self important however, and i have some sympathy in that 48k sang those songs, yet they carry the can. That's not fair. There will be 45k in our stadium who sang the offensive songs who are taking zero responsibility.

I'm sure the bulk of the support sing TBB at some stage but unfortunately the club had to cut 3000 seats from somewhere. The report from eufa states where it started so Rangers had to make some tough decisions. No matter where they cut the seats from someone would lose out. Unfortunately this is a heads you win, tails I lose scenario.

He's right though. Do you accept that we as a support have an issue with sectarian chanting that is harming the club?
in regards to what I posted, I don't think he is right actually.

It's never wrong to demand equality for our support and to question why Celtic for their sectarian and racist anti-British songs and banners are seen as just illicit and not sectarian or racist but we have been given the tag for a few words in a song as racist.

I accept that we are been treated differently by both FARE and UEFA

It's never wrong to demand equality for our support and to question why Celtic for their sectarian and racist anti-British songs and banners are seen as just illicit and not sectarian or racist but we have been given the tag for a few words in a song as racist.

So you don't think we have an issue with sectarian chanting that is harming the club?

the tims are boxing clever they keep their bile for spfl games hence crap fines at eufa matches.... we need to do same here stop banned songs and addons and keep eufa and FARE(haha gotta love that name ...not ..) from any further fines or worse stand closures
We just need to stop it full stop regardless of in Europe or domestically. The next step isn't a fine or stand closure, it's stadium closure; next step after that it's being expelled from the tournament all together. Uefa don't mess about - you break their rules they sanction you without question.

You used the term thats used by those that don't want parity and equality for our supporters...What a -bloody- boutery and for that, I stopped reading your post after this stupid term!

In other words you don’t accept the seriousness and reality of the situation.

It doesn’t matter what others do or how they are treated. What matters is where we are and how we are treated. Either we change or get kicked out of Europe.

I think we have an issue with being treated differently by UEFA and FARE and should be questioning that
We are under threat of being kicked out of European football. That is the primary issue that we need to accept and deal with. No amount of burying our heads in the sand is going to change this immediate and very real danger. Right now, I couldn't give a fcuk what they are singing to be quite honest.

So, you’ll be fine with Rangers getting matches played behind closed doors as long as they do too? Most other people are just focused on making sure that we don’t get further sanctions, worrying about anybody else is for another day.

Sorry Deedle, but that's just making excuses for folk now.

There is no way that people genuinely don't know what is and isn't acceptable.

The teens and early 20s you speak of don't know the 2006 UEFA ruling or the current law, but they know who Bobby Sands is enough to say fućk him? That then begs the question 'who, exactly, is teaching them this shite'?

We’ve had posters on FF admitting they joined in.

The problem is that TBB and Super Rangers have crept back in without the club taking action.

On European nights there’s also a lot more non- season ticket holders.

I get the impression that some fans are playing dumb but it would be a sensible move to point out explicitly what is not allowed under any circumstances. The approach that’s been in place since the Murray years has not worked.

So, you’ll be fine with Rangers getting matches played behind closed doors as long as they do too? Most other people are just focused on making sure that we don’t get further sanctions, worrying about anybody else is for another day.

So we don't question being treated differently and just accept it!!

if it's not " whataboutery", its "box clever" or its " own house in order"...

How about parity and equality?

Ok so both teams see stadiums shut, both teams kicked out of europe, both suffer loss in revenues, unable to sign players of the quality we expect because neither team has the carrot of european football to dangle. The rest of the SPFL catching up as a result and we go back to having a shit time of it but its ok because celtic are having a shit time to. Happy with that scenario because its fair and equal?

The problem is that TBB and Super Rangers have crept back in without the club taking action.

I get the impression that some fans are playing dumb but it would be a sensible move to point out explicitly what is not allowed under any circumstances. The approach that’s been in place since the Murray years has not worked.
The issue with that would be that it can't be an exhaustive list and had to remain fairly general and not a 'banned song list'.

You only need to look to the Cardoso song which became another IRA referencing ditty in the amount of time it took to get from Glasgow to Luxembourg, or indeed the rise of the stupid Tiffany song.

Actually, it shouldn't be supporters questioning UEFA, it should be the club!
Have you contacted rangers?

have you done anything apart from have a moan on a forum?

Are you going to follow the instructions of the club and cut out the add ons and BB on Thursday?

Wasn't that long ago they were posting things like this online.

nintchdbpict000390845379.jpg

So we don't question being treated differently and just accept it!!

We know why there is different treatment, their songs are bundled in the illicit, political box and ours are in the racist and/or prejudicial box. I’d love it if we just moved to the place where we had zero sanctions against us. Every other club in Europe can deal with their own consequences too.

I cannot see how the chip on your shoulder getting addressed does anything to help Rangers.

We know why there is different treatment, their songs are bundled in the illicit, political box and ours are in the racist and/or prejudicial box. I’d love it if we just moved to the place where we had zero sanctions against us. Every other club in Europe can deal with their own consequences too.

I cannot see how the chip on your shoulder getting addressed does anything to help Rangers.

you are not meant to be political in UEFA competitions and their banners and chants are anti-British racism. So, why aren't they ever charged under the same directive as we have been, is what I'm questioning?

I appreciate what you are saying but there is just no telling some people. If the club point out what songs aren't acceptable, at least publically, then they are openly saying those specific songs are wrong for everyone to see. Some people will ignore what the club say and sing them anyway.

There is then no defense what so ever that can be made by the club as they have already acknowledged the wrong doing - we would be sitting ducks.

People I'm afraid are just going to have to put 2 + 2 together on their own.

you are not meant to be political in UEFA competitions and their banners and chants are anti-British racism. So, why aren't they ever charged under the same directive as we have been, is what I'm questioning?

They are often charged and fined for their political chanting. I don’t think British is classified as a race, tbh.

Who gives a shit? If we get our own house in order then we can start lobbing bricks at others and making them look like the ones with a problem.

In England there is a complete zero tolerance of objectionable chanting and rightfully so.

The thing that breaks my heart is our absolutely wonderful songbook all about the team. We aren't known for renditions of FF or Every Other Saturday because some fans (many born way after the signing of Mo and the attempts by the club to revert away from this shit) want our identity to be 50p flute and We Hate Roman Catholics. It is actually disturbing.

Sing loud and proud but sing about us.

How many times does it need said that Uefa singled out BF1 to the board when they charged us?!

Why cant people get their heads around this ? They are acting like spoilt brats. For a long time now they have been getting more and more flippant and started some brutal stuff through that megaphone. They better embrace this or they will be gone. Starting songs does not make you any more important than any other fan.

Back