Union Bears statement re no Tifo for Europa Final

That’s soul destroying.

Feels like we were stitched up and the visible comparison with both sets of fans clearly favoured EF and gave them an advantage.

Surely the German flags had bamboo canes or something similar ?
Black plastic

I feel Rangers could have done more with this.

You just get the feeling the club couldn’t be arsed with having any sort of real fanbase in for the game.

Day trippers, employees and countless of the players families is ok though.
Not to mention numerous ex players and their families.

Demand for tickets next season is gonna be insane with all these new found fans.

Seville was spectacular as a host city. Spanish polis were horrendous

It’s a lovely place but accommodation was scarce and transport was lacking. For many it took over 3 hours to get home after the match as there were no buses or taxis. Agree on police.

Glad that UB have put the facts out there so everyone is aware of the effort involved and the disappointment.

The displays this season have been outstanding, tens of thousands of pounds spent and a lot of time and effort dedicated to making it happen.

The display in Seville would have been the biggest choreo action carried out by a UK side away from home in Europe and if not for intervention from the usual suspects, would have been a great way to end an excellent European campaign in the stands for UB.

Frankfurt used really thin black plastic for those thinking they were given preferential treatment, different material.

It's hard not to conclude that the Spanish authorities favoured the Germans over us.
I may be putting two and two together and getting something other than four, and I wasn’t in Sevilla so am only going on the various testimonies (including David Edgar on today’s H & H daily update) of those who were there and have shared their stories from which I have the impression that the Spanish authorities including the police expected our supporters to be significantly more of a problem than the Frankfurt fans, despite their having a known violent Ultras element, and us having no contemporary history of causing trouble within stadia.

I have wondered how such a distorted view could be arrived at within UEFA and consequently the Spanish authorities and come to what some might say is a paranoid hypothesis that some person or persons within or associated with UEFA could be in some way responsible for this. My mind then wanders to who might be on the like of the UEFA disciplinary and other committees, and from memory Neil Doncaster, Peter Lawwell and possibly another, and in position to feed such disinformation into UEFA.

As I say it should be paranoia to think this way and a completely wrong hypothesis……….but I wouldn’t put it past them. After all we know a previous SFA Chief Executive who later got a top job with UEFA was instrumental in getting us unfairly pursued by UEFA in 2006 over singing of songs.

That’s soul destroying.

Feels like we were stitched up and the visible comparison with both sets of fans clearly favoured EF and gave them an advantage.

Surely the German flags had bamboo canes or something similar ?

From the picture UB put online, the canes on the white flags were deemed acceptable. This is what the Germans would have used, or near as damn it.

The issue is that pictures and measurements were taken and sent away by UB for clearance which was given but then days later UEFA/Police would go on to change their minds. Alternatives could/would have been sourced if it wasn’t the evening before the game.

I feel Rangers could have done more with this.

You just get the feeling the club couldn’t be arsed with having any sort of real fanbase in for the game.

Day trippers, employees and countless of the players families is ok though.
There were thousands of real fans there.We’re you?

Reactions: CF4
Also, an interesting point…

According to ‘ultra’ message boards/social media platforms, there was another part of Frankfurts display which was also knocked back on their arrival to Seville.

This is why they chose to rip down all UEFA branded banners/advertising around their end and destroying them. It would have also been another reason to display the “%^*& UEFA 1312” message with flares.

Glad that UB have put the facts out there so everyone is aware of the effort involved and the disappointment.

The displays this season have been outstanding, tens of thousands of pounds spent and a lot of time and effort dedicated to making it happen.

The display in Seville would have been the biggest choreo action carried out by a UK side away from home in Europe and if not for intervention from the usual suspects, would have been a great way to end an excellent European campaign in the stands for UB.

Feel for the guys organising this to be let down so spectacularly by the Spanish Police and UEFA.

I feel strongly that Rangers management did not treat this as a priority and didn't make the necessary arrangements for this to be facilitated.

It is a nonsense to suggest the Spanish favoured the Germans, more like we as a club did not make the necessary arrangements to make sure Rangers fans were accommodated at least as well as the Germans. We were let down by the club and that includes directors and management who take us for granted.

I have seen lots of unwarranted criticism of the fans in the stadium, Frankfurt fans and club were united in creating the best possible atmosphere for their team, our boards overriding priority seemed to be the fans behaviour and not upsetting our vitriolic media. Message after message over naught being naughty. Frankfurt fans went to party and support their team and this was supported by their club.

The directors have been great financially but they need to grow some balls when it comes to our songs, culture and double standards.

We won the best behaved fans award and lost the effing cup.

I was at the match, but so many around me were casual fans, and most it seemed like their first match. Every Frankfurt fan seemed to be a diehard, how did we allow this to happen?

After experiencing Seville, only major international cities like London, Paris, Rome, Munich etc with full service hospitality and transport infrastructure should be hosting finals. Anywhere that doesn’t have a tube network should be a non-starter.
Why would anyone want to get on a fn tube?

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere regards the German fans at the start of the 2nd half when they lit those flares they had big banners saying %^*& uefa and Acab .who checked them

Feel for the guys organising this to be let down so spectacularly by the Spanish Police and UEFA.

I feel strongly that Rangers management did not treat this as a priority and didn't make the necessary arrangements for this to be facilitated.

It is a nonsense to suggest the Spanish favoured the Germans, more like we as a club did not make the necessary arrangements to make sure Rangers fans were accommodated at least as well as the Germans. We were let down by the club and that includes directors and management who take us for granted.

I have seen lots of unwarranted criticism of the fans in the stadium, Frankfurt fans and club were united in creating the best possible atmosphere for their team, our boards overriding priority seemed to be the fans behaviour and not upsetting our vitriolic media. Message after message over naught being naughty. Frankfurt fans went to party and support their team and this was supported by their club.

The directors have been great financially but they need to grow some balls when it comes to our songs, culture and double standards.

I was at the match, but so many around me were casual fans, and most it seemed like their first match. Every Frankfurt fan seemed to be a diehard, how did we allow this to happen?
your last paragraph is spot on bro

Also, an interesting point…

According to ‘ultra’ message boards/social media platforms, there was another part of Frankfurts display which was also knocked back on their arrival to Seville.

This is why they chose to rip down all UEFA branded banners/advertising around their end and destroying them. It would have also been another reason to display the “%^*& UEFA 1312” message with flares.

Spanish police took down a section of the white banner in the neutral corner before kickoff , Frankfurt fans responded by taking down the UEFA branded covering behind the white banner, pretty sure it wasn't premeditated due to knock back of another display they had planned but more so a quick reaction to the Spanish police being cuntz

The scars of the 1982 World Cup run deep in Spain and when it comes to British clubs the mere sight of a Union Flag is literally a red rag to a bull and we know they aint shy wading in and whacking anything in front of them.

No.

Was a stick on for a ticket if the club didn’t dish out a disgusting third of our allocation to non-supporters.
If you were a REAL supporter you would still have went.

All the people that I know that had tickets are Rangers supporters not Real

The UB statement confirms that Rangers had passed all the necessary details to UEFA and the relevant authorities and they had been agreed.

To get around the city after the match? Rather than having to walk the 4 and a bit miles.

Anywah there's other threads on the poor infrastructure.
Barc’s tube was full of gypsy thieves

Would rather be above ground and walk.

There should have been busses running from the 2 main stadiums

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere regards the German fans at the start of the 2nd half when they lit those flares they had big banners saying %^*& uefa and Acab .who checked them

They couldn’t be checked/found as they prepared it in the stadium.

White T-shirts and stuck down with black tape they’d have taken in for the banners. I’m not sure if that gives them less accountability as it’s not a banner as such, just a line of different letters on T-shirts. I’m sure U€FA will want to make money out of it somehow!!

It was the Spanish police who were the weapons.
Germans got in with flares.
We got sunscreen taken off us.
100% pal. The way I was frisked aggressively & police man jumped on my feet checking if I had bottles in my shoes. It was a joke.

I wasn’t at the match so I can’t make comment on the fans that where at the game but I know a fair few people who got tickets through business and corporate contacts and people who got tickets because they know people that work at Ibrox, people that only get tickets for finals and bigger games but you won’t see them any other time at games, you never hear them looking for tickets for January Scottish cup games or when we play dundee, st mirren etc.

We need to keep funding the UB and hopefully they can continue to have dialogue with the Club with the aim of growing the Rangers brand together.

UEFA/Police/Clubs Ultras have shat on us a few times, we've had club officials and fans attacked or treated with contempt and worse whilst we roll out the red carpet in return when opponents visit.

Going forward we need to be wise at all levels, especially fan safety and navigate each trip with appropriate concerns ironed out in advance.

Ibrox is on everyone's bucket list and we've just taken 100,000 fans with no trouble which is a great starting point for any negotiation required for future trips.

Whilst I agree that a TIFO would have been visually fantastic, the profile of our fans in attendance would not have responded any different.

The club fucked up spectacularly in the distribution of tickets and possibly cost us the trophy.

Frankfurt fans and club worked together to create the best possible atmosphere to win the trophy.

Our club directors and management decided to reward sponsors, players families, club officials and hangers on to the detriment of ordinary fans that it cost the club financially more than they got if you added up all the piddling sponsorship money. over the season.

This was an absolutely disgraceful decision and heads should roll but they won't. We risked about 20m in revenue to keep an overall few million£ sponsors happy.

I thought the Bisgrove appointment good initially, but it seems his countless trivial sponsorship deals have cost us big time. If he had secured one big deal we would not have been giving away thousands of tickets.

Feel absolutely gutted for the UB lads and the efforts they will have put into this and energies used to get it over there only for those b*****ds to change the goal posts too late for the UB to react and get a plan B in place.

Keep the chin up boys, the support is behind you.

Such a shame for the UB after all that effort and dedication. Their hard work deserved to be showcased on one of the biggest stages of all.

Maybe the Spanish Police were looking for a big bung. Or maybe they still had a grudge held over from having to police 40,000 Timmy tramps in 2003. That can’t have been a pleasant experience at all.

Either way I would hope the club are compiling feedback for UEFA and the Seville authorities, and I doubt Seville will be holding any major finals again.

Amateurs.

Get the statement to some degree, and a big fan of the UB's, but if the Spanish had such contempt for football fans why did the Germans succeed where we failed.

My impression was that the Spanish police were absolute c.unts but didn't seem to be pro German. Were the Spanish police paid off, were their arrangements more detaled and specific, did we have it in writing regarding the allowed TIFO, did the club try to support the UB's or leave them isolated with no club support?

This match was lost on many fronts and lessons need to be learned. Frankfurt were there for the taking and we beat better teams on the way. I feel our fans are treated with indifference at best from our board and contempt at worst. It's probably somewhere in the middle depending on the individual.

Going forward the Club in my opinion have to acknowledge and more importantly encourage the fact that the UB are an integral part of atmosphere creation both home and away. The Frankfurt support showed what can be achieved when the Club and their ultra groups work in unison.
Exactly. The Frankfurt president would have personally been working on their interests. I'd like to know what SR was doing. This is about influencing.

Get the statement to some degree, and a big fan of the UB's, but if the Spanish had such contempt for football fans why did the Germans succeed where we failed.

My impression was that the Spanish police were absolute c.unts but didn't seem to be pro German. Were the Spanish police paid off, were their arrangements more detaled and specific, did we have it in writing regarding the allowed TIFO, did the club try to support the UB's or leave them isolated with no club support?

This match was lost on many fronts and lessons need to be learned. Frankfurt were there for the taking and we beat better teams on the way. I feel our fans are treated with indifference at best from our board and contempt at worst. It's probably somewhere in the middle depending on the individual.
A bit smarter perhaps, to know to use the small plastic poles as opposed to the bamboo canes. Experience.

Back