Union Bears - Trophy Day March Organised - OP Updated With New Information

just stay home troops .don't give them the excuses
giphy.gif

I wonder how many emails from Sean, Micky, Padraig etc at cfc. Co. UK Glasgow Council have received asking what action they are taking to prevent this mass gathering?

Police send Rangers fans George Square title party warning as supporters told not to join planned trophy day march​

Ibrox supporters’ group the Union Bears are urging fans to join them on march to celebrate the club’s historic title success.

Police Scotland have warned Rangers fans to stay away from a planned march to George Square on trophy day.
Steven Gerrard ’s men will be presented with the Premiership silverware following Saturday’s game at home to Aberdeen.
It will be the first time in a decade the club have lifted the silverware but they won’t be able to share it with the fans who remain locked out of football stadiums in Scotland due to Covid restrictions.

Rangers ultras are planning their own party which will kick off outside the stadium after the fireworks and ticker-tape have died down inside.
However, Police Scotland have now released a statement warning against the celebrations in the midst of the pandemic.

It read: "Ahead of the match between Rangers and Aberdeen at Ibrox Stadium on Saturday, 15 May 2021, an appropriate policing plan is in place to maintain public safety and minimise any disruption to the community.

“Under the current restrictions no-one should be gathering in numbers of more than six at the stadium or any other location and Police Scotland supports the club in urging its fans to do the right thing and follow the coronavirus regulations around gatherings.

“We will continue to liaise with our partners, including the Scottish Government, to ensure these matches can be completed safely and to minimise the risk to both our officers and the public.
“The sacrifices people have made have allowed for further easing of regulations, however, we continue to ask people to take personal responsibility and to use Greater Glasgow safely and respectfully.”

The plans were revealed by fan group the Union Bears ahead of the final league clash of the season.
They wrote in a statement: “We are unable to confirm an exact time but we will be outside Ibrox after the match and once the trophy has been lifted, we will make our way to Govan Road/across from the Louden Tavern at Kinning Park.
“We would ask all supporters wishing to take part in the march to keep an eye out for members of the group outside Ibrox who will indicate when we are ready to head to the meeting point to begin the march."
We are not marching to George sq..we're Marching to GERRARD SQUARE so giruy

Now made the papers .​

Union Bears plan Rangers trophy day fans’ march from Ibrox to George Square to celebrate title glory​

THE Union Bears are urging Rangers fans to join them by marching from Ibrox to George Square this Saturday to celebrate the club lifting the Premiership trophy.
The Light Blues will play Aberdeen on the final day of the league season on Saturday lunchtime in what has been a successful campaign for Steven Gerrard's men.
Rangers fans partying outside Ibrox

Rangers were confirmed as title winners back at the start of March after blowing Celtic's ten-in-a-row dream out of the water, instead securing number 55.
After the last game against Stephen Glass' Dons this weekend, the Gers will finally lift the Premiership trophy for the first time in ten years at Ibrox in what is sure to be a full-on title party for the players, management and directors of the club.
However, while fans will still remain locked out of the ground as has been the case all season in line with the Government's coronavirus laws, the Union Bears are still planning on marking the special occasion.
The Rangers ultras are proposing a fans' march from the stadium into Glasgow city centre at George Square - similar to the raucous scenes back in March.

A UB statement reads: “We are unable to confirm an exact time but we will be outside Ibrox after the match and once the trophy has been lifted, we will make our way to Govan Road/across from the Louden Tavern at Kinning Park.
“We would ask all supporters wishing to take part in the march to keep an eye out for members of the group outside Ibrox who will indicate when we are ready to head to the meeting point to begin the march.
They marched from Ibrox to George Square

Supporters with flags and flares

“Please spread the word to all Rangers supporters!”
Thousands of Rangers fans broke lockdown rules by gathering outside of Ibrox and lining the streets of Glasgow and the west on the weekend of March 7 & 8 when the club were confirmed as league champions.
The mass crowds gathered to sing celebration songs, let off flares and wave flags, with many also drinking on the streets.

They were strongly criticised Police Scotland and the Scottish Government for the illegal gatherings, with Nicola Sturgeon demanding they disperse and head home amid transmission fears.
Assistant Chief Constable of Police Scotland, Bernard Higgins, branded those involved “completely and utterly irresponsible”.
Scottish Government restrictions have eased since then with bars and restaurants reopening and the sale of alcohol permitted outdoors in beer gardens.

Scotland is currently in Level 3 restrictions which allows groups of up to six people from six different households to meet outdoors.
Across Europe fans have gathered to celebrate title success.
Inter fans gathered in Milan in their masses, with Ajax and Partick Thistle fans also staging celebrations.

Inter Milan, Ajax and………….Patrick Thistle :)) That alone makes me laugh at the article.

Calling on fellow bears out there to let me see the party on trophy day could you send me your pictures and videos of the 55 party from day to night
I will miss it all .....gutted
Going for major surgery on the 14th op will b 6-8hrs and will b long road to recovery so could fellow bears help me b part of that party with you pictures and videos
Thanks for reading enjoy the PARTY WATP

There really should be discussions held between fans groups/police/GCC and the club.
Gatherings are going to happen, it's upon GCC to prepare George Square for large numbers and for the Police to manage the crowds safely.
Setting out their stance of no crowds is unrealistic and downright stupid.
Hopefully the club is logging every correspondence with GCC and the police as guaranteed there will be a free for all next week.

Can’t wait for Saturday, Haven’t been down to Ibrox since Leverkusen at home last March and i can’t wait to see her and get a sing song :)

The march to George Square will be a sight to behold.

just stay home troops .don't give them the excuses
Been planning to get the beers in and watch the game at home but the closer it’s getting to Saturday the excitement is building and the pull of Ibrox is getting to me,It might be a last minute decision stay home bevy or drive up no bevy.

Been planning to get the beers in and watch the game at home but the closer it’s getting to Saturday the excitement is building and the pull of Ibrox is getting to me,It might be a last minute decision stay home bevy or drive up no bevy.
I took car the last time parked it up and went collected it the day afte.

Would have to travel up from south Ayrshire leaving the car wouldn’t be very practical,I’ve travelled up on previous trophy days so I haven’t bombed the idea of traveling up out completely.
I missed the previous celebrations but I’m not missing this time.

My son (15) and one of his mates wants to go, so I’ll be a good father and take them up on the train from Ayr. I’ll just have to watch the game on my phone. Awkward when you have to travel a distance.

Are folk going pre match to welcome the players to Ibrox, or just post match?

Same here - I'd invited folk down. We're now all going in and coming back here later.

I missed the previous celebrations but I’m not missing this time.

My son (15) and one of his mates wants to go, so I’ll be a good father and take them up on the train from Ayr. I’ll just have to watch the game on my phone. Awkward when you have to travel a distance.

Are folk going pre match to welcome the players to Ibrox, or just post match?
Train times are a bit erratic atm,if I’m going up probably have to be by car I’m south of Ayr.

I wouldn't count on getting a good enough signal to watch the game on your phone in the square btw, reception came and went last time and I reckon there will be many, many more people this time. Conflicted on what to do to watch the trophy presentation tbh.

Back