Union Bears - Trophy Day March Organised - OP Updated With New Information

I missed the previous celebrations but I’m not missing this time.

My son (15) and one of his mates wants to go, so I’ll be a good father and take them up on the train from Ayr. I’ll just have to watch the game on my phone. Awkward when you have to travel a distance.

Are folk going pre match to welcome the players to Ibrox, or just post match?
I’m hoping to get the train up from Troon after trophy has been lifted, don’t wether to just to go straight to George square rather than Ibrox

What do we reckon age wise for this? My two really want to go but I'm apprehensive. They are 5 and 8 and my heart is telling me to take them up and let them experience it but my head is telling me it's a daft idea...

Thoughts?

Aye definely bring them up. You can always stay near the back, no need to get right in the madness. The last time there were plenty of kids and families around.

It will be an experience they will never forget!

When people are mentioning the march to George Square, l thought the UB post said fans will march from Ibrox to Kinning Park?
Or is KP just a stopping/meeting point before the next part of the march?

When people are mentioning the march to George Square, l thought the UB post said fans will march from Ibrox to Kinning Park?
Or is KP just a stopping/meeting point before the next part of the march?
Read the poster in the OP again. First para makes it clear the final destination is George Square. That will be preceded by the march from Ibrox to Govan Road/Kinning Park.

Any ideas what time the march will start at, was hoping to watch the game and the celebrations then head to the meet up point. Was hoping it would be about 15:30.

Any ideas what time the march will start at, was hoping to watch the game and the celebrations then head to the meet up point. Was hoping it would be about 15:30.
It’ll start a good bit after Tav has lifted the trophy mate, don’t think they’ve mentioned an exact time though.

Would imagine trophy presentation and celebrations will last until around 3pm, in which case it would make sense to start the march around 4pm.

Just a hunch.

The politicians or authorities didn’t listen to us when we were going through the sh!t we did in 2012.... so we son’t be listening to them now.
Aye, they thought, hopefully that's the end of us.

No such luck, we the support as we have shown over the last ten years, will never let what they hoped would happen materialise. We are far too strong with regards to our loyalty to give them that wish, as Saturday will tell them.

Get out there poeple and let's show them.

Glasgow is ours and they can't do a bloody thing to stop us from celebrating for what has been for me, our greatest achievement since 1972, taking everything into consideration.

Roll on Saturday, we more than most deserve our day.

I’m still undecided,stay at home deck the garden out in bunting,flags and get the beer out or head up the road to Ibrox and forget the beer.

Right. So two things we need to do and we'll be sound with the police and good old Humza.

1. Groups of no more than 6
2. Bring Palestine flags
Don’t forget Saltires and Lion Rampants, symbolism is important, they don’t have a monopoly on “Scottish” identity and it would be a pity if those symbols were associated with any negativity now wouldn’t it?

Not a chance.
No they want this to go ahead it gives us more bad press , mark my word the police will be heavy handed & it will end in a riot nothing surer if the authorities wanted a trouble free day they would've organised us to go to bellahouston Park.

No they want this to go ahead it gives us more bad press , mark my word the police will be heavy handed & it will end in a riot nothing surer if the authorities wanted a trouble free day they would've organised us to go to bellahouston Park.
I reckon the Police will be the same as last time.

They will close in on folk from 9pm/10pm ish.

No chance are they doing fuuck all before that - unless your acting the twat.

Most cops I spoke to last time at George Square were brand new.

Some people on here are choking for the cops to be heavy handed so there’s a story!

The police will not be heavy handed ffs. Not a chance.

This. It's not some Eastern European country with mentalist cops. They will know that wading in with batons etc would lead to a mass situation with tens of thousands, and innocents and kids getting hurt etc.

Go along, enjoy the day, have a sing song and a drink with your fellow Bears, don't act like an arsehole and it'll be fine. Of course there will be some pissed up neds who take things too far, but on the whole, the Bears will be in good spirits and it will be in the interest of safety and the Police for them to allow it to happen without drawing the batons and CS Spray.

Aye mate the Polis are going to wade into tens of thousands of us.

What planet do some people live on?

Back