Union Bears

They are an absolute disgrace and ably played their part in our defeat tonight. Clearly think they are bigger than the club when really they're just a bunch of stupid wee neds

No one is to blame for that defeat tonight apart from the players on the park and the staff on th bench.

For what is worth, I completely agree with the UB’s stance and protest as the club have got the safe standing issue completely wrong and treated them poorly.....but tonight was not the night for a protest. Against Dundee and Killie in the league is fine, but not tonight.

To call them a disgrace however is embarrassing. The group do great work in bringing an atmosphere to games as well as fantastic displays and strong messaging. Have they done some silly things over the years? Yes absolutely but the good far outweighs the bad.

We need more of them and in a much more prominent position in the stands. Without them our atmosphere is non exsistent.

They are getting their point across. Good on them.

And I'll tell you something - they will have the backing of our manager. He we will want this sorted out.

They are an absolute disgrace and ably played their part in our defeat tonight. Clearly think they are bigger than the club when really they're just a bunch of stupid wee neds

Away to yer bed hunk. Big huff cause the wee boys didnt start any songs for you or wave flags?

Take some fecking responsibility yourself to create an atmosphere instead of waiting for the kids to do it for you.

The good and the bad on display here.

YHOjse5.jpg
Embarrassing in my opinion. They must have been proud watching tav, shagger and goldson clearing up thier mess right before a vital 45 minutes.

I hope the club now put a stop to any further dialogue with them.

Full of self importance and massive egos, half time was an embarrassment tonight, when the team needed to start quickly they’re picking up bog roll ffs

Their actions are getting profile and coverage. That's what this was all about - to draw attention to the fact that the clubs handling of the situation is not acceptable and cannot be allowed to continue.

Anyway it seems that the other 47k decided to join in the silent protest with them.

Complaining that they didn't sing, when no one else does. Do people not see the irony in that??!!

I back the UB's.

What is unacceptable by the club?

They have 50,000 paying customers to think of, and to consult. Every single one of them is equally important. Just because one tiny group in comparison to the rest sing louder and wave flags doesn't give them the right to "demand" special treatment. Maybe the majority are ok with what the UB want, but most wouldn't know as the UB haven't had the decency to actually inform others what this is about.

I like watching the UB when they get it right.
But lately they have got a lot wrong, with tonight being nothing short of being the opposite of what our great club is all about.
Nobody is bigger and more important. They need to understand that, and be Rangers first, special status second.

Fair enough. Folk get on teams back every stray pass.

We turn up in numbers but in many games the actual backing aint great for whatever reason yet it's decent at away games mostly

Is it because the away games have a larger element of folk steaming all congregated together?

Most folk around me spent the game going mental at the Ref.

It was such a scrappy game with not much excitement to get the crowd going. Most people go to watch the football and react to whats happening on the park. Always beem that way and always will.

Full of self importance and massive egos, half time was an embarrassment tonight, when the team needed to start quickly they’re picking up bog roll ffs
It wasn't them that started this thread and forced you to comment. If atmosphere wasn't an important factor there would be no thread here. Maybe the Rangers board should get serious in exploring avenues for a safe standing area? Personally I'm outraged they haven't been doing all they can to make it a reality already.

Ibrox has not had a home end since the early 90s, thats how long the traditional Rangers end of the Copland road has been dearthly silent. Thats a lot to do with a fair percentage of them bought season tickets in 86, when they were late teens to late 20s, all are now middle age or even pensioners.

Usually respect your posts but this is utter fucking pish.

Want something in return? Like a better atmosphere at Ibrox? If you're happy that our board are just content selling out Ibrox for the time being instead of exploring avenues that would see a significantly better atmosphere at Ibrox then God love you. It's actually disgraceful that this board is being left behind so abysmally by the bheast board across the city.

Good for them, they create an atmosphere. When it suits them.

The minute they start thinking they are more important than the rest who pay their money, is the minute I don't care if they are there or not.

If they want a standing section, engage with the 47000 others and explain it. The beasts have bowed completely to their singing group and created a fùcking monster. If that's what you want at Ibrox, I'm happy we disagree.

There’s no way the UB are to blame they’ve got behind the team countless times in big games in past seasons where we’ve all been let down time and time again, the squad of players simply aren’t that good

A shower of wee virgins.

I'm all for them getting moved to a more prominent area of the ground, but they need to realise that they're not bigger than Rangers.

Biggest game of the season and they try to make it all about them.

Was nice to see the others 47k fans in Ibrox take part in the first half silence. If the Union Bears are to blame tonight’s then wow. Blame them all you want tonight, what’s your excuse when rangers have dropped points when they’ve been their singing and backing the team? How about blaming the the team and not being good enough, once again.

A shower of wee virgins.

I'm all for them getting moved to a more prominent area of the ground, but they need to realise that they're not bigger than Rangers.

Biggest game of the season and they try to make it all about them.

And you and all those around you who joined in the first half silence was a nice touch. You need to realise that it is not their job to create an atmosphere - There were 48k others there who did exactly the same as them in the first half - feck all.

So the point of their protest is to show how bad the atmosphere is without them, therefore having a negative effect on the team's performance, right?

The fact they chose the most important game of the season to put this point across was just plain selfish of them IMO.

And no, no-one is saying it is their fault we lost tonight, so get off your high horse anycunt hitting out with this pish.

Good for them, they create an atmosphere. When it suits them.

The minute they start thinking they are more important than the rest who pay their money, is the minute I don't care if they are there or not.

If they want a standing section, engage with the 47000 others and explain it. The beasts have bowed completely to their singing group and created a fùcking monster. If that's what you want at Ibrox, I'm happy we disagree.
When it suits them? They have done continuously for several years fs. The UBs have never thought they're more important than any other supporter, they have brothers, dads, friends etc in other areas of Ibrox, their objective is to improve the atmosphere, end of. They've been trying to engage the club for a long time now that would allow the atmosphere and they've effectively been fed a lot of bullshit from the club who've clearly no intention of changing the status quo.

Engage with the 47000 other fans? They have been, they've been in dialogue with club1872 and anyone else that will listen to try and kick start the Rangers board into looking into this seriously. 2 weeks ago numerous RSCs backed the UBs stance on this very topic but because we once again failed to break down a stubborn Aberdeen side it's their fault?

For not singing? Did these guys try to get a tune going? The Union Bears need not apologise to anyone for standing their ground on this issue.

No the Union Bears don't need to apologise but I will tell you something, they damn sure need the support of the rest of us if they are to get their demands.

Shame instead of actually listening to anyone else they get defensive and stary having a go back.

I usually support the group but when their own sel importance overtakes the need to back the team then they need to have a long hard look at themselves.

You often hear that no player is bigger than the club the same goes for the support. We needed a backing last night and we got a bunch of kids throwing the dummy out the pram.

Yes they are influential in providing an atmosphere but that should not be conditional.

And you and all those around you who joined in the first half silence was a nice touch. You need to realise that it is not their job to create an atmosphere - There were 48k others there who did exactly the same as them in the first half - feck all.

Going a goal down in 2 minutes then never looking like equalising killed the atmosphere.
Just like us winning and playing great football raises the atmosphere.

Been that way since long before singing sections were invented.

Many guys round me were raging at the union bears tonight.
Plenty of grumblings my way too. Rightly or wrongly they've certainly lost plenty of goodwill tonight, its always open season with us fans when we have a shite spell. They might get a lot of unfair criticism their way as a result, maybe a little of it is just.

No the Union Bears don't need to apologise but I will tell you something, they damn sure need the support of the rest of us if they are to get their demands.

Shame instead of actually listening to anyone else they get defensive and stary having a go back.
OK point taken but the reaction to them tonight carrying on a point they made well before this replay was even a thing has been beyond absurd.

Going a goal down in 2 minutes then never looking like equalising killed the atmosphere.
Just like us winning and playing great football raises the atmosphere.

Been that way since long before singing sections were invented.
It never had the feel of a big game atmosphere before hand.

When it suits them? They have done continuously for several years fs. The UBs have never thought they're more important than any other supporter, they have brothers, dads, friends etc in other areas of Ibrox, their objective is to improve the atmosphere, end of. They've been trying to engage the club for a long time now that would allow the atmosphere and they've effectively been fed a lot of bullshit from the club who've clearly no intention of changing the status quo.

Engage with the 47000 other fans? They have been, they've been in dialogue with club1872 and anyone else that will listen to try and kick start the Rangers board into looking into this seriously. 2 weeks ago numerous RSCs backed the UBs stance on this very topic but because we once again failed to break down a stubborn Aberdeen side it's their fault?

And what if the club were to say they like the current set up? You have your section together, you bang your drums, wave your flags and sing your songs. It works fine, and the rest of the stadium are happy they have their current set up too.

What then?

Does their singing and generating atmosphere stop?

I personally don't know anyone who has been asked if they support what they are asking for. If what they want involves potentially moving other season ticket holders to seats with a worse view, I can understand club reluctance as they will end up in an impossible position. They won't want where I sit, but if they did I know I would be saying no as no way I would want to go to BF5 from where I am.

Ibrox has not had a home end since the early 90s, thats how long the traditional Rangers end of the Copland road has been dearthly silent. Thats a lot to do with a fair percentage of them bought season tickets in 86, when they were late teens to late 20s, all are now middle age or even pensioners.
Pish. I'm a pensioner and I sing. its the mobile phone that keeps the younger generation occupied during games cf2g57 apart from when the scum are in Ibrox. My take on it for wot its worth scum game a lot off bevy been consumed no one sits( is that unsafe standing) every one's singing happy days.. Next week v a Dundee etc every ones sober sat down safe seating back on the fines or moaning some one sings and you can see reactions like folk sniggering like wot the fut you doing singing in the Copland that's no our job it's union bears job to do the singing.. thank fut for away days

OK point taken but the reaction to them tonight carrying on a point they made well before this replay was even a thing has been beyond absurd.

That's my point I don't believe it is absurd. They were out of order tonight and have pissed many off tonight. This isn't a reaction to losing either there was a thread pre KO slating this tonight, asking others to be silent for their protest, that's a joke.

IMO they should take the criticism on board without slating the rest of the support like many are doing, actually listen and try and get the rest of the support on board.

As for the protest, can it, the club are not going to cave in to demands like that, and the reason is the manky cùnts across the city, their club caved in and lost control.

You're completely missing my point. I'm not blaming them for Ibrox being quiet, but why do they think they're bigger than the club?

Behaving like spoilt weans and throwing the toys out the pram.

Then to have our own players moving their shite off the park before the second half. Not on.

Biggest game of the season and they decide to have a silent protest? I get that they’re not happy, but I don’t think tonight was the night.

and the throwing of stuff on the pitch just before the team came out. Immature. Grow up and behave like adults

Pish

Your lucky if there’s a 100 UBs and the atmosphere was absolutely rank rotten.

Where the %^*& were the other 49500 Rangers fans????????

Biggest game of the season and they decide to have a silent protest? I get that they’re not happy, but I don’t think tonight was the night.

and the throwing of stuff on the pitch just before the team came out. Immature. Grow up and behave like adults

I think there's an inherent contradiction here.

That's my point I don't believe it is absurd. They were out of order tonight and have pissed many off tonight. This isn't a reaction to losing either there was a thread pre KO slating this tonight, asking others to be silent for their protest, that's a joke.

IMO they should take the criticism on board without slating the rest of the support like many are doing, actually listen and try and get the rest of the support on board.

As for the protest, can it, the club are not going to cave in to demands like that, and the reason is the manky cùnts across the city, their club caved in and lost control.
Trying really hard here not to be a condescending so and so here and apologies if the following comes across as tho I am but what else are they meant to do? Take a stand but immediately back down because we have an important fixture?

They've been criticised on this board since I was in the group back in 2007, doubt that'll ever change. Yeah it was notable from people around me that people weren't too happy that they weren't urging the team on, and it was severely evident on whattsapp etc but once the anger of tonights loss subsides then people ought to question why they're doing what they're doing, for me that's a good thing.

& sorry but not following you what they done across the city? They didn't become any less abhorrent, they simply created a proper section for people that want to create an atmosphere.

As someone who was on his feet windmilling his arms trying to get the Main Stand going in no surrender as our team desperately needed us to help them in the fight and create some semblance of pressure.

Yeah the demented bloke everyones looking at while a few join in.

I feel I can say what I think.

The Union Bears returned to Maribor 2011.

For those that dont remember. Maribor got the upper hand to knock us out and as they scored Union Bears are busy doing a Britains Got Talent formation pointing act in 2 groups. Didnt even flinch from it as the goal went in.

Didnt even break from it, own wee private party.

If your attention to the game, berating the ref, shouting for handball, assaults on Morelos, timewasting keepers, never mind even singing a song is entirely conditional on whatever you decree your wee ooltra planet to be.

Your every being isnt just for Rangers to win ?

To pull that on a massive night for our football club.

You really decided to create negativity and your own side show ?

Then go join your own ooltra league UBFC because getting what Rangers FC is and what it requires is absolutely beyond you.

Edit : Have a think back to Motherwell in September 2012 when there was 28000 of us there and you drove the team on. Absolute agression. Only important thing was winning a game of football. Every bit of the stadium battering empty seats for effect as we worked Motherwells tune of the time right back up them.

Rangers First. End the sideshow. Back the team.

Last edited:
I've no issues with their protest. The question to those moaning. What did you contribute to the atmosphere at the match? If you didn't then how can you criticise them for not backing the team vocally tonight. Bit ironic isn't it :D

Trying really hard here not to be a condescending so and so here and apologies if the following comes across as tho I am but what else are they meant to do? Take a stand but immediately back down because we have an important fixture?

They've been criticised on this board since I was in the group back in 2007, doubt that'll ever change. Yeah it was notable from people around me that people weren't too happy that they weren't urging the team on, and it was severely evident on whattsapp etc but once the anger of tonights loss subsides then people ought to question why they're doing what they're doing, for me that's a good thing.

& sorry but not following you what they done across the city? They didn't become any less abhorrent, they simply created a proper section for people that want to create an atmosphere.

Across the city the lost complete control of their ultras section the second they gave them everything they wanted. Don't tell me the club aren't scared of the same happening. Don't get me wrong I am not comparing the UB to them. I like the UB I just not a fan of this protest which to me feels more like a temper tantrum.

They have been criticised since 07 you are correct, sometimes unfairly sometimes just, however I don't believe they have ever took criticism well, it might be because they are mostly young lads as I know I never took it well when younger, but they need to grow up a bit and take on board the criticism, without the backing of the Rangers support they have no chance at a standing section.

It wasn't them that started this thread and forced you to comment. If atmosphere wasn't an important factor there would be no thread here. Maybe the Rangers board should get serious in exploring avenues for a safe standing area? Personally I'm outraged they haven't been doing all they can to make it a reality already.

Nobody forced me to do anything, I chose to comment?

I've no issues with their protest. The question to those moaning. What did you contribute to the atmosphere at the match? If you didn't then how can you criticise them for not backing the team vocally tonight. Bit ironic isn't it :D

Me and two boys sang throughout game, unfortunately not everyone else around us did.

The UB have a concentrated amount of people wanting to sing together to create an atmosphere for the players to respond and refused to do so.

And the throwing of streamers at crucial point of game that our captain and team mates have to clear up is embarrassing nothing will change my attitude and if the club refuse any further dialogue I would have no issue with that after tonight.

And before Steve clarke incidents and tonight I appreciated them but not now.

Possibly down to the UB statement causing friction?
Not having that. I was in the group previously and went to tonight's game wanting to give it laldy because I was desperate for us to progress and beat the sheep shaggers. That said I completely agree with their stance on this issue. If the club aren't looking at ways to improve the atmosphere and ignoring the support then they're effectively David Murray mrk II minus the EBTs

Yes. Tonight was more important. A rather sad and unnecessary sideshow with a dubious point being made.

Not having that. I was in the group previously and went to tonight's game wanting to give it laldy because I was desperate for us to progress and beat the sheep shaggers. That said I completely agree with their stance on this issue. If the club aren't looking at ways to improve the atmosphere and ignoring the support then they're effectively David Murray mrk II minus the EBTs
Just asking as this topic seems to have been main talking point before the game. Dont understand their behaviour at all, either support the team or dont. They havent shown themselves in a good light and makes me sort of understand why the board aren't gonna bend over to accommodate what they want.

Glad the other 49k made that point by erm...

But the other 49k don't self-style themselves as the 'singing section'.

If you're going to call yourselves that and make demands on that basis, then support the team. The issue is with the Board, not the manager and especially not the players.

What was the purpose of tonight? We lost.

Just asking as this topic seems to have been main talking point before the game. Dont understand their behaviour at all, either support the team or dont. They havent shown themselves in a good light and makes me sort of understand why the board aren't gonna bend over to accommodate what they want.
The point is they want (them and other like minded fans) to support the club on a far bigger scale than is currently permitted, this is a subject the club have resolutely stated they are listening to yet made zero interaction or progress on. Maybe I'm biased but I can't criticise the lads that deliver the majority of the match day atmosphere and ask them to be clappy-seals because the occasion suits.

After their song to Clarke and all it brought about after it I’d have thought they’d maybe want to keep their heads down and keep these protests for another time.

Back