Union Bears

They lost my support last night when we were a goal down waiting to start the second half and Half of our team are going about picking up stuff from tthe park and you were still getting idiots throwing stuff

Scrolling past most of the nonsense. Sitting in silence, then slagging people for sitting in silence is incredible, truly on another level of idiocy to think you are in a position to slag anyone off for doing what the majority do for 90 minutes. Heard young UB lads/boys who help out were getting grief off of bears in BF when handing out flags for the second half, I'm sure if they have any complaints about the group they can present them to UB before a game or at half time, rather than targeting young lads, or continue to act like the cowards they are.

The UB are self funded volunteers who get constantly vilified by the club’s heirarchy. They are under no obligation to sing and galvanise the team on anyone elses behalf. Relying on them to lift the team, while you enjoy the resultant wins, and while they’re rewarded with little more is not fair. If you don’t like their protest, go do something about it.

Will the UB’s protest extend to upgrading our awful disabled facilities?

I support safe standing, but our disabled facilities need to be brought into the 21st century before we start putting in rail seating.

Something I remember UB briefly supporting a few seasons back, disabled fans too are treated with utter contempt from the club and I believe there is an extensive waiting list to obtain a space within the enclosures.

If anything.

This thread plus the stuff posted on fb and Twitter it shows how important it it is to vocally back the team.

1. Does this not back up why the UB were protesting.

2. If they done it against Killie in the cup when we hammered them this wouldn’t really be a thread.

3. Back the team like they do if you really want a atmosphere that helps the team.

4. If you really want to have a go at anybody. Sit quiet for 5 mins and see who you only hear when it’s a bad pass and have a go at them.

Their protest really has worked and brought the attention to how important a expanded singing section would help.

Point 2, what was the score when they first protested?

To come onto this forum to slag off UB for protesting in this manner, peacefully, no aggravation, no causing bother or bringing unwarranted negative attention to the club is akin to them coming on and slagging everyone else off for not standing and singing, which of course they don't do. Only one set of fans are massaging egos here, and it's those who think they are in a position to tell UB how to support Rangers.

Why did the other 47,000 join in with the silent protest? Plenty of criticism for these kids but not one other area of the ground willing to take responsibility to create an atmosphere.

Time for a few to look inwards before throwing mud at these kids.
A huge amount of the fans last night were pissed off with their antics and it has nothing to do with singing it was the fact our players had a massive 45 mins in front of them and they were having to clear the park before we could start the game.

Love the UB but last night was a step too far our biggest game of the season and the toys are out the pram.timing is everything but to do that last night unreal.the club need to engage with the fans going forward on safe standing and were this group are relocated too.
Get it sorted boys.

A huge amount of the fans last night were pissed off with their antics and it has nothing to do with singing it was the fact our players had a massive 45 mins in front of them and they were having to clear the park before we could start the game.

If clearing the park had such a bad impact on our team are they even worth putting a rangers top on.

Poor poor excuse.

The UB are self funded volunteers who get constantly vilified by the club’s heirarchy. They are under no obligation to sing and galvanise the team on anyone elses behalf. Relying on them to lift the team, while you enjoy the resultant wins, and while they’re rewarded with little more is not fair. If you don’t like their protest, go do something about it.

You saying the team win because they sing :D

What should they be "rewarded" with?

I have pumped thousands into Rangers over the last few years, tens of thousands over the years, only missed the odd away game in the last 15 years thrown into that, including going to all games in the 3rd and 2nd div - what should I be rewarded with :D , I don't do it to and then say oh I should be entitled to this or that, I do it because I like the UB's have a love of Rangers.

The sense of entitlement is what annoys most rank and file fans I reckon, and attitudes like yours doesn't really help the cause.

If clearing the park had such a bad impact on our team are they even worth putting a rangers top on.

Poor poor excuse.

It had nothing to do with the result and you know that fine well as do most, it certainly doesn't help the atmosphere in other parts of the ground when the players come out and then are clearing away shite at the sides instead of out and kick off and trying to build a momentum.

It was a selfish and stupid piece of toys out the pram stuff and IMO I expect better of them.

The sense of entitlement is what annoys most rank and file fans I reckon, and attitudes like yours doesn't really help the cause.

There is no sense of self entitlement. These protests will be to force the clubs hand in creating a large, safe standing section that will be for the benefit of the home support as a whole, and for the betterment of the club. A safe standing section wouldn't be confined to the 40 or so UB members, it's for thousands of bears to enjoy, not being confined to a seat, sat in silence as if you're at the cinema.

Something I remember UB briefly supporting a few seasons back, disabled fans too are treated with utter contempt from the club and I believe there is an extensive waiting list to obtain a space within the enclosures.

It seems to have gone quiet on that front, but that does ring a bell. I’m not a PR expert - but instead of making their protest about themselves not getting a move, it might have been better to make the protest about making Ibrox a stadium for all. That helps raise the question is Ibrox at present adequately serving the Rangers support?

For me, currently, it could be read that they’ve spat the dummy over not getting a proposed move.

On disability, the club have done lots of good this week through CAFE, but there needs to be significantly more done to improve Ibrox for all. As you said the waiting list for disabled season tickets is very long!

What should they be "rewarded" with?

I have pumped thousands into Rangers over the last few years, tens of thousands over the years, only missed the odd away game in the last 15 years thrown into that, including going to all games in the 3rd and 2nd div - what should I be rewarded with :D , I don't do it to and then say oh I should be entitled to this or that, I do it because I like the UB's have a love of Rangers.

I think it’s safe to say their singing contributes to good results. My reward point was rhetorical - they should be rewarded with the right to protest. We’ve all contributed large sums of money to the club over the years. We’re all entitled to our opinion - and we’re all entitled to protest.

If it demonstrated one thing it's if there was no U.B.s there is absolutely no atmosphere at Ibrox whatsoever,Said on a few of these threads if fans don't like the U.B.s do something and create something yourself,Thought the big rolls were a big mistake.

Its up to them if they want to protest, I think they should have picked a better time, but hey ho.

However delaying the 2nd half with streamers was absolute idiocy, players heading out with instructions then have to wait 3 or 4 minutes for the half to kick off, madness.

A similar situation happened at Crystal Palace in recent times. Their 'singing section' protested and it has worked for them . As of next season they are being moved and expanded to a better area. Happy for them that their club finally saw sense. Wish ours would do the same !

No Surrender Union Bears !! 100% behind you.

I think it’s safe to say their singing contributes to good results. My reward point was rhetorical - they should be rewarded with the right to protest. We’ve all contributed large sums of money to the club over the years. We’re all entitled to our opinion - and we’re all entitled to protest.

We haven't had much success over the last 8 years maybe best off without the singing :D:D

We had plenty of success before them :D

The UB's make no difference to onfield matters and I include whether that is singing or not singing or protesting, absolutely none.

They do make it more enjoyable for folk like me, especially when you watched them more then McCoist's 11 half the time.

A similar situation happened at Crystal Palace in recent times. Their 'singing section' protested and it has worked for them . As of next season they are being moved and expanded to a better area. Happy for them that their club finally saw sense. Wish ours would do the same !

Serious question here.

Before this season me and my mates had to wait 15 years to get 9 seats together, when in the 2nd division we were able to do it, so my question is why wait until we are sold out most weeks and season tickets are all gone before kicking up a stink and wanting people who have bought tickets in these seats moved? Why not do it in Div 2, Div1 or the 2 previous seasons?

Also, why should wee Jimmy who has sat in his seat for 30 years, likes his view, has people around him he has known for 30 years just because of that seat be moved to somewhere else in the stadium without the same people, without the same view?

Why not expand over BF2 or go up BR1 where it would be easier for the club to accommodate.

Why should it also all happen without the union bears actually asking the fans they want moved, what gives them the right to decide where and who sits where at Ibrox?

Serious questions, no Rangers fan is better than the other, so why should wee Jimmy and hundreds like him be moved when they don't want to.

Self funded? I thought they worked off donations?

For 45 minutes last nigh the U.B.s stood aside and gave the floor to 40 odd thousand other Bears too do their bit pick the songs get behind the team lift them to step up their game lift the roof,Nothing hardly a mumble we sat and listened to Dolly getting behind their team.

Union Bears are free to do what they like - cheer, boo or stay silent.

They aren't a cheerleading squad with a job to do.

Serious question here.

Before this season me and my mates had to wait 15 years to get 9 seats together, when in the 2nd division we were able to do it, so my question is why wait until we are sold out most weeks and season tickets are all gone before kicking up a stink and wanting people who have bought tickets in these seats moved? Why not do it in Div 2, Div1 or the 2 previous seasons?

Also, why should wee Jimmy who has sat in his seat for 30 years, likes his view, has people around him he has known for 30 years just because of that seat be moved to somewhere else in the stadium without the same people, without the same view?

Why not expand over BF2 or go up BR1 where it would be easier for the club to accommodate.

Why should it also all happen without the union bears actually asking the fans they want moved, what gives them the right to decide where and who sits where at Ibrox?

Serious questions, no Rangers fan is better than the other, so why should wee Jimmy and hundreds like him be moved when they don't want to.
None of us won a seat at Ibrox. That is fact.

If the UB's were wanting to move to BF3, then I'd say that not many people have had a ST there for 30 years or anything like it.

We should all be wanting the matchday experience/atmosphere to be significantly improved. This is not going to be achieved by keeping our most vocal fans tucked away in BF1, at the end of a stand up against a wall and where the noise tends to just escape into thin air.

Go to Germany and see how things should be. Like night and day compared our ridiculous set up. Typical of Scotland - wanting to put barriers in front of progress.

With all due respect to Crystal palace, we've got more season tickets than selhurst park has as a capacity. Maybe bit harder to move folk at Ibrox than it is at palace.

If the UB's were wanting to move to BF3, then I'd say that not many people have had a ST there for 30 years or anything like it.

We should all be wanting the matchday experience/atmosphere to be significantly improved. This is not going to be achieved by keeping our most vocal fans tucked away in BF1, at the end of a stand up against a wall and where the noise tends to just escape into thin air.

Go to Germany and see how things should be. Like night and day compared our ridiculous set up. Typical of Scotland - wanting to put barriers in front of progress.
Yeah lets move people and stick them in a corner tucked away, as long as UB are ok.

With all due respect to Crystal palace, we've got more season tickets than selhurst park has as a capacity. Maybe bit harder to move folk at Ibrox than it is at palace.

What about nearly every top flight club in Germany? The amount of ST holders is only a problem because it's a get out for the club.

So you don't actually have any answers?

The atmosphere won't change by switching where they are situated, the atmosphere at Ibrox has and always will be awful when we play teams we are expected to go and beat and will be significantly better for big games, no matter where they sit.

I have been to German games, Czech games , Polish games, Argentinian Game once, and yeah its different atmospheres but it is different cultures, different mindsets and different types of people, comparing those crowds to Scottish because UB's like the pyro and want to see themselves as proper ultras won't make a blind bit of difference.

And if you think things like last night are going to get the majority onside, and that is the only way the board will even listen, then you are mad.

If you can't actually answer the questions I ask, because I guess you have no answers other than to stamp your feet and shout its no fair they sing an that, then there is no point continuing the debate with you.

Somebody going for 30 years wouldnt choose to sit in BF3 but would upgrade ?

So you don't actually have any answers?

The atmosphere won't change by switching where they are situated, the atmosphere at Ibrox has and always will be awful when we play teams we are expected to go and beat and will be significantly better for big games, no matter where they sit.

I have been to German games, Czech games , Polish games, Argentinian Game once, and yeah its different atmospheres but it is different cultures, different mindsets and different types of people, comparing those crowds to Scottish because UB's like the pyro and want to see themselves as proper ultras won't make a blind bit of difference.

And if you think things like last night are going to get the majority onside, and that is the only way the board will even listen, then you are mad.

If you can't actually answer the questions I ask, because I guess you have no answers other than to stamp your feet and shout its no fair they sing an that, then there is no point continuing the debate with you.

Wow - with this sort of positive "can do" attitude then anything is possible.

Biggest game of the season and they decide to have a silent protest? I get that they’re not happy, but I don’t think tonight was the night.

and the throwing of stuff on the pitch just before the team came out. Immature. Grow up and behave like adults

Don’t like them not singing? Get loud yourself and get an atmosphere going.

You really so dense not to see you’re proving their fucking point?

Is that not down to the 50 +1 rule? Members get to vote

Not 100% sure to be honest.

What I do know is that German football from the fan experience to the money generated and the clubs success, is that they are doing it the right way.

I don't think there has been a positive change in Football in Scotland for years in terms of the fans, except Celtic's Safe Standing trial.

Somebody going for 30 years wouldnt choose to sit in BF3 but would upgrade ?

Wow - with this sort of positive "can do" attitude then anything is possible.

Its called being realistic.

I would love Ibrox to be like a River - Boca game every week, but stomping my feet and moving to the club deck isn't going to make it happen.

Until the UB can come up with answers and stop behaving like weans throwing toys about then it boils down them thinking they are right, stomping around while others are like well tell us why this should all happen.

Correct me if im wrong but I was always under the impression they wanted to move to the copland front .....until Celtic got moved to one away from BR3 that is?

Fannies. All about the UB!!

The atmosphere is shite without them but we could have been doimg with them putting their dummies back in after the Aberdeen goal

Don’t like them not singing? Get loud yourself and get an atmosphere going.

You really so dense not to see you’re proving their fucking point?
Tbh I am more concerned about the throwing of objects onto the pitch.

Were you even at the game? Sing yourself

It had nothing to do with the result and you know that fine well as do most, it certainly doesn't help the atmosphere in other parts of the ground when the players come out and then are clearing away shite at the sides instead of out and kick off and trying to build a momentum.

It was a selfish and stupid piece of toys out the pram stuff and IMO I expect better of them.
Were you at the game last night... did you sing during the 1st half... what did you do to spur our team on...

Were you at the game last night... did you sing during the 1st half... what did you do to spur our team on...

Yes.

A bit.

I was part of a sell out crowd that shouldn't need to "spur" the team on, what did you want me to do promise them all a shot on Liz Hurley if they won.

Away games I sing for 90 mins, home games I don't, I like thousands of others are the same, doesn't really change anything does it.

FWIW, I drove 70 miles out of my way for the game last night then had to leave at 55 to get down south which was another 130 miles of a drive, all for 55 mins of football. We can't all be wired up for 90mins singing, I was fucking knackered at the game and driving home - doesn't really change or effect anything, doesn't make me less or more of a fan than the UB's.

This sense of entitlement is what they need to get over to convince the vast majority of fans, it isn't us vs them, which is what the UB and its supporters are turning it into.

We wouldn't be having this discussion if other areas actually sang and backed the team vocally.

So you move them to BF3, and the same happens (and it will) , Ibrox has and always will be like this, it hasn't changed in decades and it won't.

This aye move them to BF3 and well suddenly have electric atmosphere is nonsense.

Exactly the same as when the atmosphere was electric vs Hibs, Killie after admin, Euro Nights, all of this with them in BF1, How does that go with the no atmosphere with them stuck in the corner?

Why not expand up to BR1?

I wont expect an answer as you really don't seem to have any.

Last edited:
But your point is mute when there are bears round the stadium who also sing, it's not like they are the only ones who do so.

If you're going to protest - then do it at a game with less at stake. You're a Rangers supporter FIRST, Union Bear second and if it's the other way around then you're not needed.

I wouldn't move them. If they want to grow, let them grow from where they are and spread from there.
Would I swap seats with them if asked. Nope. I wouldn't want to sit where they are.

Fannies. All about the UB!!

The atmosphere is shite without them but we could have been doimg with them putting their dummies back in after the Aberdeen goal

I dont get this argument. On one hand you are saying the UB make it all about themselves, then when Aberdeen take the lead you look to the UB for them to do something? Can't have it both ways.

Back