Union Bears

H

Hkda

Biggest game of the season and they decide to have a silent protest? I get that they’re not happy, but I don’t think tonight was the night.

and the throwing of stuff on the pitch just before the team came out. Immature. Grow up and behave like adults

Throwing the stuff on to the pitch as McGregor, Goldson and Tav were clearing it wasn't the best but they weren't the issue this evening.

The team was.

I'm not going to claim they were the issue tonight, but the fact that they opted to hold such a protest on one of our biggest games this season is embarrassing. Almost as if they felt what they were doing tonight was more important than the match itself. They'll get no support from me.

I think their aim was to show us Ibrox is a morgue without them.... but it was a morgue with them too. I’d accept that nobody sang but in the first half they joined in with nothing. Standing with arms folded like wee boys.

It was childish but why must it always be left to the UB to generate an atmosphere?

The Copland is supposed to be our home end the same way the kop is at Anfield or the stretford end is at Old Trafford.

Old Firm and Euro nights apart when was the last time they bothered their arse singing a song or two - 20 years ago?

Biggest game of the season and they decide to have a silent protest? I get that they’re not happy, but I don’t think tonight was the night.

and the throwing of stuff on the pitch just before the team came out. Immature. Grow up and behave like adults
All of the things to happen tonight
You moan about the only decent thing we saw tonight ... More power to them

I like what they bring to games but they made themselves look like daft, wee laddies tonight in a game which we needed everyone behind the team

Why did the other 47,000 join in with the silent protest? Plenty of criticism for these kids but not one other area of the ground willing to take responsibility to create an atmosphere.

Time for a few to look inwards before throwing mud at these kids.

Do you expect a random guy and his few pals in the Govan to stand up and galvanize a whole section?

I don’t get this argument.

To be honest that drum gets on your nerves at times,and the guy with the megaphone never sees the game.l hope he doesn’t get charged entry.

I’d also like to add, see when the team is coming out for the start of the second half in the most important game of the season?

Maybe don’t keep throwing streamers on to the fucking park that mean the restart is delayed while our keeper and defenders clean up the mess!

I know that wasn’t all the Union Bears but some folk in the Broomloan tonight were clearly thick as fuck.

Embarrassed themselves tonight. The biggest game of our season they made it about them not the team. Watching our captain spend time lifting streamers from pitch when it was such an important second half instead of concentrating on game was shocking.

Also the biggest noise from Ibrox tonight came from the rest of the crowd when they where silent.

When they decided to sign even Aberdeen were out signing them.

I have always supported them but tonight they let themselves and the team down.

Aye it’s their fault

Their actions are getting profile and coverage. That's what this was all about - to draw attention to the fact that the clubs handling of the situation is not acceptable and cannot be allowed to continue.

Anyway it seems that the other 47k decided to join in the silent protest with them.

Complaining that they didn't sing, when no one else does. Do people not see the irony in that??!!

I back the UB's.

Farcical in my opinion.

And to delay the start of the second half when our players might just have been coming out with a point to prove was daft.

Usually like them but tonight was a joke.

As an older (much older Bear) who sits in the W.E, I always enjoy the Union bears and I have supported them on many a thread, yes they should get a safe standing area, yes they get the rest of us singing, yes they try hard at the displays, but lads waken up ! tonight of all nights Ibrox needed you, You are not to blame for the actions or the teams performance on the park but a bit of noise would have perhaps helped to galvanise the team especially in the first half, You want to be the fans singing section so sing.

Last edited:
Why didn't they start any songs and get behind the team?

I never asked. Some were singing at one point.

This isnt really about them though.

I heard a good few comments like who the %^*& do they think they are and similar.

So it look like they may have lost support and sympathy from some other fans.

Im telling it as it is from what i witnessed and not interested in twisting anything or smart arse replies.

The UB played absolutey no part in our downfall tonight however they showed themselves up to be the silly wee self absorbed boys that most of us were thinking they possibly could be. Im sure they lost even more support with their pettyness tonight. No more 1 to 1s with the gaffer in the future i suspect

It was childish but why must it always be left to the UB to generate an atmosphere?

The Copland is supposed to be our home end the same way the kop is at Anfield or the stretford end is at Old Trafford.

Old Firm and Euro nights apart when was the last time they bothered their arse singing a song or two - 20 years ago?
Spot on mate.

The Copland is a lost cause.

We simply don't have a "home end" and haven't had for 20 odd years.

Sad times.

The good and the bad on display here.

YHOjse5.jpg

This is why I can’t stand these ultra type fan sections. Their initial intentions are good i.e creating a better atmosphere and getting songs going. But eventually they get ideas beyond their station and start to think of themselves as above the rest of the support. They had nothing to do with the result of course but it’s a separate point - egotism amonst supporters is pathetic. Just watch the game and support your team.

I never asked. Some were singing at one point.

This isnt really about them though.

I heard a good few comments like who the %^*& do they think they are and similar.

So it look like they may have lost support and sympathy from some other fans.

Im telling it as it is from what i witnessed and not interested in twisting anything or smart arse replies.
I wasn't being smart arsed and i don't think tonight was the time or place to stay silent but the rest of the support never got behind the team either, I'm just surprised at so many people having a go at them when they either stayed silent or got on the teams back

It would appear their passionate support of the team is conditional. They get something in return or they don't play. So much for the club always comes first.

Nobody is bigger than Rangers. Ever.
Usually respect your posts but this is utter fucking pish.

Want something in return? Like a better atmosphere at Ibrox? If you're happy that our board are just content selling out Ibrox for the time being instead of exploring avenues that would see a significantly better atmosphere at Ibrox then God love you. It's actually disgraceful that this board is being left behind so abysmally by the bheast board across the city.

I wasn't being smart arsed and i don't think tonight was the time or place to stay silent but the rest of the support never got behind the team either, I'm just surprised at so many people having a go at them when they either stayed silent or got on the teams back
Fair enough. Folk get on teams back every stray pass.

We turn up in numbers but in many games the actual backing aint great for whatever reason yet it's decent at away games mostly

Back