Union Bears

There is one thing we can all agree with on in this thread. Their decision to hold a silent protest has divided opinion and in many occasions put bears, who may have been behind them before, against them. Certainly none the other way.

I'm not sure if anyone on here actually blamed them for the defeat? If so, nonsense.

Loads of comments about the lack of support from the rest of the stadium. It's all too easy to come out with that statement. I doubt there are other parts of the stadium where if you choose to start a song you will be supported by those around you, that is why the singing sections evolved.

My opinion is UB made the wrong decision to protest as they did, not because it affected the result, because it turned many against them when they should be looking to get the whole support behind them. Big mistake, which I hope they can recover from. Unfortunately I don't think, at this moment they are employing the correct tactics to encourage the rest of the support embrace them. The comment I hear continually is 'they are too far up.their own arses'

Had they garnered the general opinion of the rest of the crowd regarding their choice of silence prior to the biggest game of the season, they may have decided it would do more damage than good. I would imagine there would be very few who would have advised them to stay silent. The question is. Do they care? Are they happy enough to be their own wee section and let the rest of us get on with it?

We as a support should all be pulling in the same direction. Instead we are in tatters. If as I suspect they will, UB carry on with no dialogue with the support, there can only be one ending

There is one thing we can all agree with on in this thread. Their decision to hold a silent protest has divided opinion and in many occasions put bears, who may have been behind them before, against them. Certainly none the other way.

I'm not sure if anyone on here actually blamed them for the defeat? If so, nonsense.

Loads of comments about the lack of support from the rest of the stadium. It's all too easy to come out with that statement. I doubt there are other parts of the stadium where if you choose to start a song you will be supported by those around you, that is why the singing sections evolved.

My opinion is UB made the wrong decision to protest as they did, not because it affected the result, because it turned many against them when they should be looking to get the whole support behind them. Big mistake, which I hope they can recover from. Unfortunately I don't think, at this moment they are employing the correct tactics to encourage the rest of the support embrace them. The comment I hear continually is 'they are too far up.their own arses'

Had they had the general opinion of the rest of the crowd regarding their choice of silence in the biggest game of the season, they may have decided it would do more damage than good. I would imagine there would be very few who would have advised them to stay silent. The question is. Do they care? Are they happy enough to be their own wee section and let the rest of us get on with it?

We as a support should all be pulling in the same direction. Instead we are in tatters. If as suspect they will, UB carry on with no dialogue with the support, there can only be one ending

The failure to answer basic questions on this thread, then hit out with nonsense basically saying they are better than other fans and deserve special priveledges no other fans want or ask for is what will see this end one way which is a shame.

However, it all goes back to acting selfishly, Childlike and with a sense of entitlement.

I would love them to expand, but I don't see why it needs to be BF3, why not move up BR1, Then out BF2 if there is more demand, why not engage with supporters?

It is about Rangers, and the wider fanbase, it isn't Union Bears FC.

That sort of attitude helps.
I'm just angry mate. It's a parallel to the people that scabbed and went to the dundee united game when it was supposed to be boycotted, fellow fans going against the best interests. The UB are needed for Ibrox to be any good. Im sick of away games beng the only good games and a morgue being louder than Ibrox, you know.

Had they garnered the general opinion of the rest of the crowd regarding their choice of silence prior to the biggest game of the season, they may have decided it would do more damage than good. I would imagine there would be very few who would have advised them to stay silent. The question is. Do they care? Are they happy enough to be their own wee section and let the rest of us get on with it?

We as a support should all be pulling in the same direction. Instead we are in tatters. If as I suspect they will, UB carry on with no dialogue with the support, there can only be one ending
Well pull in the direction of the UBs then. Ibrox is shit without them

Biggest game of the season and they decide to have a silent protest? I get that they’re not happy, but I don’t think tonight was the night.

and the throwing of stuff on the pitch just before the team came out. Immature. Grow up and behave like adults
We dont need to pander to this group whose ego has spiralled out of control..either back the team or leave

They should get their own standing area in my opinion and job done they got the attention needed albeit negative attention ,it didn’t make a difference to the result however I wouldn’t like it every match ,the bog roll stuff was cringeworthy ,watching the players pick it up whilst more land on the pitch is an embarrassment ,it’s not the players fault they can’t get their own standing area ,most of the UB are of a younger element of our support but they are part of our support ,when you are young like these guys and football is a massive part of who you are ,your culture and identity ,things like standing areas are extremely important ,to a lot of us the protest wasn’t important ,to these guys it’s very important,there is a balance to be struck ,give them the standing area they want and we can all move on
They have got their own standing area as they stand all game, is the fact that they want to move to a more central area is so they can be seen on tv ?

What happens to the season ticket holders in the area wanted by the UB ?

Feel free to correct me then.

My understanding was (according to their statement)
- move from BF1 to BF3 - club said no
- safe standing BF3 - club said no
- considering your future? - fine they'll be replaced by fans who don't sing the wrong words, throw bog roll onto pitch or take pyro in.
- the clubs decision will have a detrimental effect on the support overall - your drive to get the club to change the decision will have an impact on other supporters.
- they didn't get their own way so have taken to 'protesting'

Please correct any inaccuracies.

Thanks

I sit above this group in Main Stand. One thing for sure about going in the huff at least they will be watching the game for a change. The UB think their the most important part of match day, they ain’t. They have done this kind of stunt before, remember they walked out a few years back due to “police bullying”, not one of them produce a photo or video to prove their claims after saying they would. As you can tell I’m not a big fan.

They have got their own standing area as they stand all game, is the fact that they want to move to a more central area is so they can be seen on tv ?

What happens to the season ticket holders in the area wanted by the UB ?
They move. It's for the betterment of the stadium atmosphere

I sit above this group in Main Stand. One thing for sure about going in the huff at least they will be watching the game for a change. The UB think their the most important part of match day, they ain’t. They have done this kind of stunt before, remember they walked out a few years back due to “police bullying”, not one of them produce a photo or video to prove their claims after saying they would. As you can tell I’m not a big fan.

Pure fantasy. The police issue that you are talking about was off the back of around 10 court cases against Rangers fans, all of which were thrown out of court by the PF. Maybe that evidence isn't good enough for you though.

Incredible that total lies can be peddled on here.

I'm just angry mate. It's a parallel to the people that scabbed and went to the dundee united game when it was supposed to be boycotted, fellow fans going against the best interests. The UB are needed for Ibrox to be any good. Im sick of away games beng the only good games and a morgue being louder than Ibrox, you know.

I get that, but if anyone really thinks moving from BF1 to BF3 is going to make one iota of difference and is suddenly going to make Ibrox atmospherically great game in game out they are deluded, it won't change anything apart from antagonise supporters being forced to move.

And the UB's as much as I love the colour and noise, are not "needed" for Ibrox to be any good, we as a support turn up for smaller games to watch us win, we expect it and so the atmosphere is flat as we expect the team to entertain us not us drive them on, that won't change. The bigger games the atmosphere always picks up, it is always better, was better in Games before the UB's and better after the UB's, they are not the difference it is the way our support and the vast majority of big succesfull clubs are.

You go to Man United vs Burnley, flat no atmosphere, go to Man Utd vs Liverpool and it is rocking, it isn't a Rangers thing it is just one of those things.

My issue is the sense of entitlement, lack of engagement, sense of being more important than all other Rangers fans and quite frankly on this thread arrogance.

I go to every away game, only missed a couple in a 15 or so years, and I love it, sing for 90 mins, stand for 90 mins but then you are are without 90% of the support most times, who like me and many others at home, turn up expecting the team to win and entertain me, in the bigger games it is and always has been different..

UB's being in BF1 didn't stop the atmosphere vs Vienna, Hibs December 4-2 game, tims 29th , Tims March last year, Motherwell first season in Div3 or countless other big games, so lets stop pretending them being in BF1 means there is not a chance we will create an atmosphere, moving them isn't suddenly going to make Rangers vs Hamilton like a Boca River Plate game.

embarrassing post

They move. It's for the betterment of the stadium atmosphere
I can hear you fine from the SJS mate, and enjoy listening to you. Who decided that moving along in the same stand would improve the atmosphere? To have this work it’s the East or west enclosure you should be trying to move to not 60 seats along a stand behind a goal as it wouldn’t make a single difference.

As for moving fans who pay their money and like the seats their in is wrong on so many levels

Having seen the police with them vs Annan i think it was a few years ago and the way they are surrounded it doesn't take a genius to work out the police are heavy handed with them, or at least team handed.

I can hear you fine from the SJS mate, and enjoy listening to you. Who decided that moving along in the same stand would improve the atmosphere? To have this work it’s the East or west enclosure you should be trying to move to not 60 seats along a stand behind a goal as it wouldn’t make a single difference.

As for moving fans who pay their money and like the seats their in is wrong on so many levels
It's about behind the goals are traditional spots for singing sections, if you seen the bayers game last night. And then its a start to making bf3-bf1 all standing (safe standing) it gives a startng point for it all bud

Well pull in the direction of the UBs then. Ibrox is shit without them
Agreed, but UB need to pull with the rest of the support. They don't engage unless they are looking for funding (and rightly so) or in the case of support for safe standing. They don't want to know otherwise. That needs to change. I am all for them and would nothing better to see them taking up the whole Broomloan front, sadly it doesn't look likely if they continue to be secular.

Agreed, but UB need to pull with the rest of the support. They don't engage unless they are looking for funding (and rightly so) or in the case of support for safe standing. They don't want to know otherwise. That needs to change. I am all for them and would nothing better to see them taking up the whole Broomloan front, sadly it doesn't look likely if they continue to be secular.
How do you mean pull in the same direction of the rest of the support? In what way?

The pictures are taken in the stadium which Rangers own,entirely up to the club if they wish to use them.

So tell me who's footing the bill for it ? You can also raise the entire amount required for railseating on your own,but the club have the final say in whether it goes ahead,your group also didn't help the situation with the Clark singing and not exactly getting the club onside with the negative publicity it brought the club and you don't get rewarded by the club for bringing adverse publicity by singing sectarian songs at an opposing manager and not doing yourself's any favours by doing so.

The Ub's do some good displays,bring a good bit of atmosphere and then shite on the club with the sectarian nonsense,that's not exactly a good way of showing why you deserve railseating nor getting onside with the club.

I also think quite a lot of supporters would like safe standing,whether it's 85% i don't know,but if you think people would prioritise rail seating over improving facility's for our wheelchair and less abled fans,why don't you do a poll on here and find out,takes two minutes to do.
Aye take a poll on here where a large number don’t even go to games

I get that, but if anyone really thinks moving from BF1 to BF3 is going to make one iota of difference and is suddenly going to make Ibrox atmospherically great game in game out they are deluded, it won't change anything apart from antagonise supporters being forced to move.

And the UB's as much as I love the colour and noise, are not "needed" for Ibrox to be any good, we as a support turn up for smaller games to watch us win, we expect it and so the atmosphere is flat as we expect the team to entertain us not us drive them on, that won't change. The bigger games the atmosphere always picks up, it is always better, was better in Games before the UB's and better after the UB's, they are not the difference it is the way our support and the vast majority of big succesfull clubs are.

You go to Man United vs Burnley, flat no atmosphere, go to Man Utd vs Liverpool and it is rocking, it isn't a Rangers thing it is just one of those things.

My issue is the sense of entitlement, lack of engagement, sense of being more important than all other Rangers fans and quite frankly on this thread arrogance.

I go to every away game, only missed a couple in a 15 or so years, and I love it, sing for 90 mins, stand for 90 mins but then you are are without 90% of the support most times, who like me and many others at home, turn up expecting the team to win and entertain me, in the bigger games it is and always has been different..

UB's being in BF1 didn't stop the atmosphere vs Vienna, Hibs December 4-2 game, tims 29th , Tims March last year, Motherwell first season in Div3 or countless other big games, so lets stop pretending them being in BF1 means there is not a chance we will create an atmosphere, moving them isn't suddenly going to make Rangers vs Hamilton like a Boca River Plate game.
the bayern game last night mate, the flags and noise is always behind the goals mate. I get you obviously, its also a place to start going right or left from bf3 with regards to safe standing which is 110% needed and wanted

It was a bit of a shambolic protest anyway. Support the team or don't, bin the petulance and stop fvckin feeling sorry for yourselves..
What qualifies as supporting the team... so if I attend Ibrox on Saturday.. pay my way.. cheer if they score is that supporting... isnt that what 99% of Ibrox does and has done for years now......

Having seen the police with them vs Annan i think it was a few years ago and the way they are surrounded it doesn't take a genius to work out the police are heavy handed with them, or at least team handed.

Anyone that goes to away games regularly will have experienced police bullying tactics.

How do you mean pull in the same direction of the rest of the support? In what way?
Getting together with the wider support, whether it be through RSC's or any other way. There is a definite barrier between UB and a large section of our support, that is wrong. UB are the main focus for songs and atmosphere in the stadium. They are trying their best to make the match day atmosphere better. Not everyone is buying into it, they/we need to find a way of getting rid of that ridiculous barrier, we are all Rangers fans and want what's best for our club.

If things with regards communication remain the same, then so will the attitude toward them, sadly.

70"]There is one thing we can all agree with on in this thread. Their decision to hold a silent protest has divided opinion and in many occasions put bears, who may have been behind them before, against them. Certainly none the other way.

We as a support should all be pulling in the same direction. Instead we are in tatters. If as I suspect they will, UB carry on with no dialogue with the support, there can only be one ending[/QUOTE]
The Copeland nutter tried to start songs in the 90s.. not once did the Copeland ever join in. Like today.. rangers didnt like him I sat in the govan great from 87- till 94 it was a retirement home up there . Ffs rangers used to give out padded seat covers .. I always remember the EE singing can you hear the Copeland sing... .. then can you see the govan move...
Look all over Europe.. they have large sections for the younger generation to congregate and start the noise.. at Ibrox guys have say n the same seat so long they dont want change.. ..
Pay there money moan n groan n a big percentage %^*& off around 75-80 min mark..
We need to embrace the younger generation at Ibrox if we dont there is 1million things for them to do away from football... unlike generations before them...

FOOTBALL WITHOUT FANS IS NOTHING

70"]There is one thing we can all agree with on in this thread. Their decision to hold a silent protest has divided opinion and in many occasions put bears, who may have been behind them before, against them. Certainly none the other way.

The Copeland nutter tried to start songs in the 90s.. not once did the Copeland ever join in. Like today.. rangers didnt like him I sat in the govan great from 87- till 94 it was a retirement home up there . Ffs rangers used to give out padded seat covers .. I always remember the EE singing can you hear the Copeland sing... .. then can you see the govan move...
Look all over Europe.. they have large sections for the younger generation to congregate and start the noise.. at Ibrox guys have say n the same seat so long they dont want change.. ..
Pay there money moan n groan n a big percentage %^*& off around 75-80 min mark..
We need to embrace the younger generation at Ibrox if we dont there is 1million things for them to do away from football... unlike generations before them...

FOOTBALL WITHOUT FANS IS NOTHING[/QUOTE]
Never knew this, copland nutter was drummed into our folklore its someone you would want to be beside in the terraces.....why did the club take a disliking to him?

It's about behind the goals are traditional spots for singing sections, if you seen the bayers game last night. And then its a start to making bf3-bf1 all standing (safe standing) it gives a startng point for it all bud
You are behind the goals though, if you want to get back to tradition then you need to be behind the goal at the Copland .
The problem with demands when there are people willing to buy the ST you use is you’re up against it, plenty ways to negotiate with out giving the impression that you are in the huff, firstly you need the rest of the support to back your cause and the own goal the other night never helped in anyway.
The way I would start is by asking the season ticket holders in the section you want to move to if they fancy a swap, if you have enough to take to the club and show it’s possible without upsetting fellow fans then your on the road.
Get a leaflet on every seat with a two boxes yes and know and get a few of your group with pens getting x’s or even better at the bottom of both entrances ask there. No need for seat numbers or names at that stage.

If you get enough to move a good% of you then go to phase two of getting letters and names swapping seats for next season and also buy up any non purchased seats, do again next year and I’m sure you would get even more.

the bayern game last night mate, the flags and noise is always behind the goals mate. I get you obviously, its also a place to start going right or left from bf3 with regards to safe standing which is 110% needed and wanted

I get where your coming from and I am not disagreeing with safe standing at all, using a Bayern Champs League game as an example doesn't wash in terms of atmosphere though, Our CL nights are atmospheric, more so than the vast majority of European teams just listen to what certain ex pros have said, Drogba, Neville, Buffon etc, the problem isn't the fans being in BF1, it isn't a fact that moving them to BF3 will change anything.

My issue is expand from where you are, or if you want to expand to BF3 consult the season ticket holders, act like adults and do it with the best intentions of the whole support.

I would also love to know why it was always the copland they were talking about moving to then suddenly it is BF3, Why is that? Why BF4? Is it so they are nearer the tims when they come to town? Is it so they have a more prominent position on TV? I don't buy the BF3 will generate more atmosphere at all, it wont, I don't think anywhere will but if somewhere was to be better for the sound it would be Copland Front probably at the corner nearest the screens.

Correct me if I am wrong but don't they get group tickets for away games?

Allowed in early to do the displays?

To say the club give them nothing is nonsense and I feel to see why the club should bend over and give them anything they desire.

We (or the vast majority) don't follow and spend thousands on Rangers for any preferential treatment in return, again it goes back to a sense of entitlement and I hate to say it but from posters on here a billy big baws the UB's are bigger supporters than the rest attitude.
So are you saying that supporters out with the UB that pay the club for whatever don’t get preferential treatment?

The police were acting like fascists towards them fs are you for real?

So are you saying that supporters out with the UB that pay the club for whatever don’t get preferential treatment?

Pay the club for whatever.

You will need to spell it out to me mate.

As far as I am aware the UB's are like thousands of others, Pay the season ticket and attend away games, iv spent upwards of £2k this season just on my season ticket and hospitality, that doesn't include 3 Euro Trips and all bar 3 away games - so can I just tell them I want the boy in SJR3 Row O seat 40 moved as I want the seat?

I am saying no one should get preferential treatment, obviously there are exceptional circumstances, but at the end of the day, they put into the club the same as everyone else who buys season tickets, and do already get certain perks unless I am wrong, no one has corrected me or answered any questions I have asked though.

Considering 85% of the support wants safe standing. And how do you know the club is footing all the bill? The club dont ask them to do displays but are quick enough to use the pics for there own benefits.

Where did that percentage come from mate ?

85% of fans round about me (west enclosure) want people to sit down and are not of the younger generation.

That seems a very high percentage where did that come from ?

Pay the club for whatever.

You will need to spell it out to me mate.

As far as I am aware the UB's are like thousands of others, Pay the season ticket and attend away games, iv spent upwards of £2k this season just on my season ticket and hospitality, that doesn't include 3 Euro Trips and all bar 3 away games - so can I just tell them I want the boy in SJR3 Row O seat 40 moved as I want the seat?

I am saying no one should get preferential treatment, obviously there are exceptional circumstances, but at the end of the day, they put into the club the same as everyone else who buys season tickets, and do already get certain perks unless I am wrong, no one has corrected me or answered any questions I have asked though.
They don’t really get perks, getting in early to set up a display now and again is the least the club can do tbh

Why does it bother you so much about the guy with the megaphone. Where do you sit? Lisbon lions rear or front?
Enclosure next door to UB I just hope he,s not getting charged for conducting the crowd and not watching the game like most Supporters.

Enclosure next door to UB I just hope he,s not getting charged for conducting the crowd and not watching the game like most Supporters.
He's a season ticket holder so yes he's getting charged like the rest of us.

They don’t really get perks, getting in early to set up a display now and again is the least the club can do tbh

and I have no issues with that, do they not also get group tickets for away games so they are all together also?

I genuinely don't know so not being smart.

and I have no issues with that, do they not also get group tickets for away games so they are all together also?

I genuinely don't know so not being smart.
I know a few of them and as far as I’m aware they don’t just stand together at the game, I know one thatvwas struggling for I think the 4-2 Aberdeen game another was our bus for the Aberdeen game 1-1 so they don’t all travel in together either it would appear. Might be wrong but I’m sure they do just all meet and stand together

Hopefully they stick to there guns and stay silent.

I’m sure the other 48 930 Rangers fans won’t need 60+ young team to hold there hands and start there own songs.

Aye right.......

But this is what people are missing, the other 48k aren't going to start singing even if the UBs are loud and singing.

It is what it is and it is the way it is, but lets not pretend the atmosphere will suddenly change because it won't, it will make no difference to the rest of the crowd becoming involved.

Where did that percentage come from mate ?

85% of fans round about me (west enclosure) want people to sit down and are not of the younger generation.

That seems a very high percentage where did that come from ?
Asked ten guys around him and 8.5 of them wanted to stand , the other wanted to sit down and the .5 hated his co-joined twin for not giving his legs a rest

I know a few of them and as far as I’m aware they don’t just stand together at the game, I know one thatvwas struggling for I think the 4-2 Aberdeen game another was our bus for the Aberdeen game 1-1 so they don’t all travel in together either it would appear. Might be wrong but I’m sure they do just all meet and stand together

Faird doos thanks for the reply mate, was always under the impression the club made sure they all had tickets together, which I wouldn't have a problem with for away games at all.

Faird doos thanks for the reply mate, was always under the impression the club made sure they all had tickets together, which I wouldn't have a problem with for away games at all.
Like I said I could be wrong but I think that’s about right mate

There support shouldn't be taken for granted. Theres a reason why clubs all over the world look after their Ultras or singing sections, because they appreciate the fans and realise the importance of them. You can't expect UB to lead the whole stadium every week then piss them about and take them on a never ending saga which the Safe Standing discussion has become.

I fully back the UB in their move and i hope the club start looking after them. I’ve already said the place is shite without them

.... BUT... 1-0 down to Aberdeen after 3 minutes of a cup quarter final isn’t the place to spit your dummy.

Back