Union Berlin v Leipzig

Leipzig's oldest outfield player is 28 and oldest is 29 year old goalkeeper.

Frighteningly young squad and first team.

1-0 RB Leipzig. Good goal but alarmingly bad defending. Could be a long season if they don't tighten up.

Incident same as Man City yesterday. Perfectly good goal ruled out as cross barely touched Poulsen's hand (by his side and not moved towards ball) but foul given to Union. Close and lucky escape.

2-0 now and Poulsen's just hit the bar.

Union need to learn the lessons from today and not get down hearted.

I'm torn on this. All that donating blood to get a stadium rebuilt because it had been condemned, that's laudable. Loudest stadium this side of the black stump - another plus.

But, a Stasi past (and taking bungs to let BFC win 10-i-a-r) and attacking disabled opposition fans at the S-Bahn in Charlottenburg. Add to that a love-in with Timmy, a whole bunch of hipster app-developers at the home games, and they are just Thistle with marginally better catering.

Horrible club. Horrible fans. At the foot of the table after one match day, let them stay there.

But, a Stasi past (and taking bungs to let BFC win 10-i-a-r)

Are you serious?

And Timmy love in? There a lot of Union fans supporting Rangers as their second team. Count me in. A Rangers fan from Glasgow is even working for the club.

I have been to the match today. Well, it was hard. But at the end of the day it was our first game ever in the Bundesliga, and we were still celebrating our team.

I'm torn on this. All that donating blood to get a stadium rebuilt because it had been condemned, that's laudable. Loudest stadium this side of the black stump - another plus.

But, a Stasi past (and taking bungs to let BFC win 10-i-a-r) and attacking disabled opposition fans at the S-Bahn in Charlottenburg. Add to that a love-in with Timmy, a whole bunch of hipster app-developers at the home games, and they are just Thistle with marginally better catering.

Horrible club. Horrible fans. At the foot of the table after one match day, let them stay there.
There is no 'timmy love in' apart from the scum attaching themselves to whatever club they see.

Also what stasi past? Union was always very much opposed to the stasi

Ahh Leipzig, what a trip that was lol, one of the coldest I have ever been at a football match in my life! Berlin was also fantastic those few days!

There is no 'timmy love in' apart from the scum attaching themselves to whatever club they see.

Also what stasi past? Union was always very much opposed to the stasi

Dirk Zingler has made no secret of his past and there remain serious unanswered question over the bungs that may have been taken so as to not challenge BFC. As for the Timmy love-in, I'll leave others to reach their own conclusions.

725x457_Celtic_Union_fans_Union_Jack.jpg

Hell mend them.

Ye speak as he find.

On return from Gornik tie 30 odd years ago had good time with some of Unions supporters. This was before unification

Dirk Zingler has made no secret of his past and there remain serious unanswered question over the bungs that may have been taken so as to not challenge BFC. As for the Timmy love-in, I'll leave others to reach their own conclusions.

725x457_Celtic_Union_fans_Union_Jack.jpg

Hell mend them.

That was a friendly against them, hardly relevant. You're right that their older fans probably like them, same as St pauli but the younger generation have no time for them at all. You seem to be of the impression that all foreign fans know as much about the scum as we do, unfortunately many seem to believe the mytg that they hang up about themselves about being some working class club founded for the poor. That's not those fans' fault imo because they simply don't hear the factual narrative.

I have no idea what Zingler has to do with any of it. As for the Stasi: You think they deliberately took money to remain in the lower leagues? I see you went from being certain to 'questions remain'

Last edited:
hope they go straight back down.

Seen their banner yesterday regarding the only east german club in the bundesliga. Know a few Hertha fans that arent happy think union dont acknowledge the reunification of germany and purposefully divide themselves from it. In 2019 emphasising the east-west divide isnt helpful so fcuk them.

On another note my dad almost got into a fight last season with a few of their ultras because he had a blue rangers tammy on with a union jack on the back of it, prob didnt help matters when he tried to video the atmosphere which is something he should have known no to do

ha ho he

Back