Union flag/saltire/lion rampant day in support of heart and hand vs motherwell

After the attacks we've seen on hand and hand and our fans in general from all fronts this past week I think it would be fitting if on flag day vs motherwell we flood the stadium with Union flags, saltires and lion rampants in every stand and sing our songs(without the add ons) as loud as we can for 90 minutes and let this back water country know that we are not ashamed of who and what we are, we are proud of our heritage and as much as they want to kick us into the gutter and make our religion and football club seem like an evil they won't succeed. We are the people and we shall never surrender
I’m at a loss regarding the Saltire and Lion Rampant flags concerning Heart and Hand.
Perhaps Northern Ireland flags would be more appropriate considering we’re being accused of being anti Irish.
Herat and Hand banners would go down a treat though.

I’m at a loss regarding the Saltire and Lion Rampant flags concerning Heart and Hand.
Perhaps Northern Ireland flags would be more appropriate considering we’re being accused of being anti Irish.
Herat and Hand banners would go down a treat though.
I started the thread off with the idea of just Union flags but as the thread went on more people suggested taking the saltire and lion rampant back from the nats so I updated the thread based on people's opinions. Certainly wouldn't be against plenty of red hands on the day either and as I've said in the thread a few times some sort of banner/tifo for heart and hand would be great

Great to see so many on board with this, anyone have a recommendation on how we can take it a stage further?
It's easy. Buy a flag and wave it or display it at Ibrox tomorrow.

There have been a number of threads like this over the years. Action rather than words needed. If the people reading this took a saltire or lion rampant tomorrow it will have impact. Just do it.

After the attacks we've seen on hand and hand and our fans in general from all fronts this past week I think it would be fitting if on flag day vs motherwell we flood the stadium with Union flags, saltires and lion rampants in every stand and sing our songs(without the add ons) as loud as we can for 90 minutes and let this back water country know that we are not ashamed of who and what we are, we are proud of our heritage and as much as they want to kick us into the gutter and make our religion and football club seem like an evil they won't succeed. We are the people and we shall never surrender

here here, those three flags are our flags.

They have tried before, we will never surrender.

In memory of the covenanters fly the saltire, In memory of King william fly the lion rampant.

These are our flags.

They're not all Unionist either, but let's not stop flying the Union Flag
Just noticed your post mate. It comes as no surprise to hear stuff like that from yourself. You may not like it my friend but my club is steeped in Unionism. It always has been and it always will be.
We may well be a club that is open to everyone and anyone but that won't change the what the club is.
Incidentally my comment you replied to was merely highlighting how inclusive the club is and how we have many different faiths or none who follow our club.
I have for many years asked for the support to fly the Saltire and the Royal Banner of Scotland alongside our Uniin Flags. They are flags of our Union not SNP rags.

Just noticed your post mate. It comes as no surprise to hear stuff like that from yourself. You may not like it my friend but my club is steeped in Unionism. It always has been and it always will be.
We may well be a club that is open to everyone and anyone but that won't change the what the club is.
Incidentally my comment you replied to was merely highlighting how inclusive the club is and how we have many different faiths or none who follow our club.
I have for many years asked for the support to fly the Saltire and the Royal Banner of Scotland alongside our Uniin Flags. They are flags of our Union not SNP rags.
I'm not sure what the bit in bold is meant to mean? I largely agree with what you're saying however, especially the last sentence, but I believe the club is as steeped in Protestantism as it is in Unionism. This does not mean that all the fans are either Unionist or Protestant. I happen to be both, and if there is support of both in a positive way (rather than an ftp way), that's fine with me.

Didn't see many flags at the game today? Was a Union Flag, Saltire and Lion Rampant on display in the Sandy Jardine Stand which was good to see and a couple in the Broomloan.

Back