Union flag/saltire/lion rampant day in support of heart and hand vs motherwell

There was a period on here that 'Flag Days' were being suggested, almost every week. This is definitely one I would get on board with though.

The past few days there has been incredible togetherness from the support. This is a good opportunity to showcase exactly what we are about.

There was a period on here that 'Flag Days' were being suggested, almost every week. This is definitely one I would get on board with though.

The past few days there has been incredible togetherness from the support. This is a good opportunity to showcase exactly what we are about.
Spot on

It would sicken our haters if every song was PC ( the way it should be). Give them no ammo. Let them squirm at their own getting caught out. Rule Britannia!
No it wouldn't they would be quietly satisfied whilst trawling through our 10 year old tweets to prepare for their next onslaught.

Sounds good idea, how about a tifo for HandH also
After the attacks we've seen on our fans from all fronts this past week I think it would be fitting if on flag day vs motherwell we flood the stadium with Union flags, saltires and lion rampants in every stand and sing our songs(without the add ons) as loud as we can for 90 minutes and let this back water country know that we are not ashamed of who and what we are, we are proud of our heritage and as much as they want to kick us into the gutter and make our religion and football club seem like an evil they won't succeed. We are the people and we shall never surrender

Lion rampart and Union Flag is a great idea. H&H banner would be a message to all the haters that we are ALL behind the lads!
Please do this!!!

OP, this is a great idea. I am proudly British but it's time to take back Scotland from the Nats. Get these flags out guys. Btw, as I live very near to Vienna, I might pop along to the game next week with a union jack with Scotland written across it. i saw one recently on social media but buggered if i know where to get one.

It would sicken our haters if every song was PC ( the way it should be). Give them no ammo. Let them squirm at their own getting caught out. Rule Britannia!
Don’t discount that the entire stadium belting out, “I Feel It” at the final whistle last Sunday will have triggered a lot of our detractors.

They spend their time outraged about Rangers fans singing about Catholics… yet they are never more angry or on the offensive than when Rangers fans have clearly not been singing about Catholics.

Weird bunch.

Don’t discount that the entire stadium belting out, “I Feel It” at the final whistle last Sunday will have triggered a lot of our detractors.

They spend their time outraged about Rangers fans singing about Catholics… yet they are never more angry or on the offensive than when Rangers fans have clearly not been singing about Catholics.

Weird bunch.
They absolutely love hearing us singing about Sands , the IRA, the Pope etc . They celebrate it more than they do a goal for their own team .

I can also tell you 100% they really despise 4lads had a dream , just as an example . Explained the lyrics to a yahoo in work a couple of years ago when it became popular , when he said “ tell me one of your mobs songs that isn’t offensive or mentions something about Ireland or catholics “

Told him the lyrics even played it on my phone for him , 8 of us sitting in the Bothay , three yahoos had a mixture of bewilderment and anger and the only comment I got was “ youse wur founded on bigotry whits that shite aw aboot” :rolleyes: As they sheepishly disappeared from the room

They have their minds made up about everything to do with Rangers regardless. Clowns

This . All three flags glorious . Don’t allow that mob to deny us the saltire as well .
I've said this for years.

We should never let them take it from us, or turn us away from it. That's exactly what they want, to seperate Scottishness and Britishness and make us think you can't be one while being the other.

We are a Scottish club. Being proudly British on top of that is not mutually exclusive and never let them say otherwise. I'd love to see us properly reclaim the saltire and have it flying side by side

Add in us all belting out are you feeling it instead of I'm feeling it.

They absolutely love hearing us singing about Sands , the IRA, the Pope etc . They celebrate it more than they do a goal for their own team .

I can also tell you 100% they really despise 4lads had a dream , just as an example . Explained the lyrics to a yahoo in work a couple of years ago when it became popular , when he said “ tell me one of your mobs songs that isn’t offensive or mentions something about Ireland or catholics “

Told him the lyrics even played it on my phone for him , 8 of us sitting in the Bothay , three yahoos had a mixture of bewilderment and anger and the only comment I got was “ youse wur founded on bigotry whits that shite aw aboot” :rolleyes: As they sheepishly disappeared from the room

They have their minds made up about everything to do with Rangers regardless. Clowns
They need Rangers to mean something that they can be up in arms about…. They lose the head when faced with the reality that it isn’t.

My kids go to a Catholic School… everyone in our RSC is aware and I’ve never had a negative comment or reaction.

On the other side of things, a parent at the school who is from Belfast and a bitter Shinner had just assumed Glasgow accent + Catholic school = Cetic fan and when it became clear to him that I was a Rangers fan he actually went crimson and stroke off… mixed company, just talking about football and they were all left wondering what his problem was.
A few months later, at the first day of term he came up to me and asked how Infelt about my child going to school, “with all these Tims”.. I just laughed at him & told him to beat it.

This clown also had his eldest tell me eldest that, “Rangers fans don’t believe in God and will go to Hell”.
I asked him and his wife where the sons might have picked this latter up from in deepest Berkshire and clearly it was “nothing to do” with them at all… these are two professional people who appear to the outside world like nice balanced people as well.

Point is…. We’ve been told as long as I can remember that Rangers fans have got a problem with Catholics, Ireland blah, blah, blah… in truth, the problems only start when Rangers fans make it clear that they don’t. The cottage industries and the moral high ground that so many depend on are an utter fantasy for them.

They need Rangers to mean something that they can be up in arms about…. They lose the head when faced with the reality that it isn’t.

My kids go to a Catholic School… everyone in our RSC is aware and I’ve never had a negative comment or reaction.

On the other side of things, a parent at the school who is from Belfast and a bitter Shinner had just assumed Glasgow accent + Catholic school = Cetic fan and when it became clear to him that I was a Rangers fan he actually went crimson and stroke off… mixed company, just talking about football and they were all left wondering what his problem was.
A few months later, at the first day of term he came up to me and asked how Infelt about my child going to school, “with all these Tims”.. I just laughed at him & told him to beat it.

This clown also had his eldest tell me eldest that, “Rangers fans don’t believe in God and will go to Hell”.
I asked him and his wife where the sons might have picked this latter up from in deepest Berkshire and clearly it was “nothing to do” with them at all… these are two professional people who appear to the outside world like nice balanced people as well.

Point is…. We’ve been told as long as I can remember that Rangers fans have got a problem with Catholics, Ireland blah, blah, blah… in truth, the problems only start when Rangers fans make it clear that they don’t. The cottage industries and the moral high ground that so many depend on are an utter fantasy for them.
Totally agree with this . They need to be outraged . Nine times out of ten any time I hear religion brought up during a football discussion, it’s a Celtic fan who drags it into it . Most Rangers fans just do not care much for any religion and if they do they keep it private as it should be .

The only problem I have with the flags is the Saltire,it would be great to see it reclaimed,but the way it has been devalued by Nippy makes me not proud of it anymore.
That’s exactly what they want .

Are you going to let them tell you that you aren’t Scottish just because you are british ? We are as entitled to the saltire as they are , more so . The saltire is part of the Union flag . Scottish british and proud of who we are .

Great idea how about a display in the broomie of the H&H logo. More than happy to donate to this

That’s exactly what they want you to feel.
Always feel proud of what’s yours.
Don’t let them bastardise it, wave it with pride.
That’s exactly what they want .

Are you going to let them tell you that you aren’t Scottish just because you are british ? We are as entitled to the saltire as they are , more so . The saltire is part of the Union flag . Scottish british and proud of who we are .
Thanks for that guys I understand what you both say but I must admit I have always preferred the Lion Rampant to the Saltire.
Regards British that is what is on my passport but I consider myself Scottish as I was born in Scotland and have lived here all my life,I do not know of ANY country called Britain.
I do not endorse anything to do with the SNP and never will.

Sorry mate but the point is, despite RFC having signed RCs as players, making them captains and having them as managers the hatred now from the filth is more ramped up and politically at that, than pre July 1989.

So forgive me, if I don't take any lessons from you on nothing.

Reality here in Glasgow is Rangers fans getting jailed for singing a song and evidence of the biggest hate crime ever in Scottish history going missing.

Sorry mate but the point is, despite RFC having signed RCs as players, making them captains and having them as managers the hatred now from the filth is more ramped up and politically at that, than pre July 1989.

So forgive me, if I don't take any lessons from you on nothing.

Reality here in Glasgow is Rangers fans getting jailed for singing a song and evidence of the biggest hate crime ever in Scottish history going missing.
I think we actually agree…the problem doesn’t lie with Rangers fans.

The problem is that the enemies of the club (to use an old phrase) just can’t accept that there’s not a problem with Rangers and are finding more & more sleekit ways to project their hatred on to us.

Unfortunately they have a media in their pocket and a bunch of politicians who stand to make a lot out of “bad Rangers” headlines to help them.

No more than it would sicken me.

Fc_uk Scotland. The most rancid country in the world.

And before you give me your patriotic pish in reply.

Name another country whose Gov't has actually fought to keep paedophiles out of jail and therefore out of harm?
The royal banner of Scotland and the union flag is all I want to see.

gn20.png

It really wouldn't though. Anyone who still thinks this is about songs is deluded. This has been a premeditated and orchestrated attack on our club and culture. As David Edgar alluded to in yesterday's H&H podcast, no-one has been genuinely offended by anything said, sung or posted online. It's all a charade. If it's not songs, it will be something else....unless we start fighting back right now.
I really do hope that for many their eyes have now been opened and they understand that if we keep running they’ll keep coming after us

It’s got nothing to do with songs or tweets.

This coming together and fight back has been great but it’s only what’s been needing to be done for years.

Back