United v Alkmaar - the press reports

Loved the TV lingering on the fat dundeh wank sleeping in his seat. When the camera went back to him after he'd woken up it was a fuller shot of him and looked like he'd pished his shorts. Lol

Terrible result and all-round terrible performance.

I personally don't like to see Scottish clubs get hammered like this.

This should be a wake-up call for many Scottish clubs, and their (often dismal) approach to the game, and where it gets them at a higher level.

Thankfully, we can rely on Rangers to lead the way and show how it is done!

We let these idiots take four points off us last season, once we changed and went with quicker players upfront they struggled, the same way as they did last night.
Scottish sides get killed by quick midfielders and quick forwards.

I'd forgotten it was on and turned over, just as AZ scored their 6th goal and the camera panned to the United 'faithful' streaming out the stadium.....then about 10 minutes later, actually showed some leaving the stadium. It was hilarous.

Same paper gave a lowest rating of 5 out of 10 (we've had 4's for some of our players recently following wins) to Celtic after losing 5 nil at home to PSG. Gordon Parks, so hardly a surprise there. L'Equipe gave them an average of 2.5 per player after the 7-1 tanking with Lustig receiving a non rating and Boyata a 1/10. The Sun described it as extremely harsh and not a true reflection of their efforts within the game. Oddly enough, other than the defense against L'Equipe's ratings, I cannot find a single collection of player ratings for that match from any of the standard red tops on Google, it's as if the match never took place.
Found a couple online, one from Gordon Parks in the Daily Record and another from the Scotsman - just says ratings 'by the Newsroom.' Interesting to contrast the difference from both newspapers.

Celtic ratings - Gordon Parks, Daily Record
6: Gordon
5: Ralston
6: Lustig
5: Simunovic
6: Tierney
6: Brown
5: Ntcham
6: Roberts
5: Armstrong
6: Griffiths
7: Sinclair
Total 63

Celtic ratings - Newsroom, The Scotsman

5: Gordon
3: Ralston
4: Lustig
2: Simunovic
4: Brown
4: Ntcham
3: Armstrong
5: Griffiths
5: Sinclair

Total 47

Found a couple online, one from Gordon Parks in the Daily Record and another from the Scotsman - just says ratings 'by the Newsroom.' Interesting to contrast the difference from both newspapers.

Total 63

Total 47
The record one you've listed was what I saw for the 0-5 home game. Wouldn't put it past him to have copied and pasted the same for the away game though, he's hardly going to be any more impartial no matter the score or performance. :)

Total 63

Total 47
Both severely cnty celtic line ups.

Jobbers believing their own hype after, lets be honest, a rather fortunate result last week at Tannadump.

The signs were there when Tony Watt was blowing out his hoop after half an hour last week.....

The GK even last week was lucky to get away with a couple.
Tony watt is woeful always has been he's living off a goal scored against Barcelona

Watt always comes across as a player that thinks his team's fans are really lucky to have a player of his standard playing for them. He is slower than a week in the jail probably because he looks about 2 st over weight. Mulgrew passed me on Monday when l was having a coffee in kirkie main Street. I guarantee there will never be another football player that loves themselves self as much as that big haddie does. If he hasn't said " do you know who l am " at least once a day l'm a monkeys uncle.
Well you know the reply to give him if he says it in your company"heres a chunt that doesn't know who he is"?

The league of Ireland is better than SPFL outside us and the scum put the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee utd in it and they’d get skelped ever other week you reap what you sow the people in charge are a laughing stock filling their bank accounts with no fresh ideas of how to improve the standard and a load of park the bus coaches on the management merry go round.

If only the game had been on the 31st October.

I don’t see that lot ever being in Europe in October right enough when they can’t even manage until the schools go back.

Charlie Mulgrew: “Honestly Si, see at full time in the Alkmaar game, but, brilliant. Big Fletch goes into the Alkmaar dressing room in the scud, just wearing a cowboy hat and boots and tries to get a few of them to go in a taxi to the red light district with him and he started speaking to them in a Steve McLaren accent”

Si Ferry: “was the gaffer raging, aye?”

Mulgrew: “Naw, he was already in the taxi, but. The fans were all raging, man. Brilliant!! What a trip. That’s why we’re desperate to get back into Europe”.

The above might seem a bizarre post, but I bet that’s how it gets spoken about by those involved in future, as one big joke…
Outstanding

God knows what club owners see in Jack Ross.
He will do the merry go round until he runs out of clubs up here.
Him and Alexander, should be nowhere managing football clubs.
There again, maybe again maybe that's just what we need.
a Pair of no marks running shite clubs.

Alkmaar management should be having words with their players for not reaching double figures against that pile of shite

God knows what club owners see in Jack Ross.
He will do the merry go round until he runs out of clubs up here.
There's a smugness about him that isn't merited - their team looks a bit better on paper than what was on show last night, and a better manager might have steadied the ship at 2-0.

However, to our shame, he managed to get a team of hammer throwers to put us out of the League Cup quite comfortably last season - a shameful day.

And as for the peh eaters, they took 5 points from us last season, and if we'd kept a hold of them, we'd have won the league & gone straight into the UCL groups. Two further desperate days.

This season we cannot contemplate dropping any points to this dross.

There's a smugness about him that isn't merited - their team looks a bit better on paper than what was on show last night, and a better manager might have steadied the ship at 2-0.

However, to our shame, he managed to get a team of hammer throwers to put us out of the League Cup quite comfortably last season - a shameful day.

And as for the peh eaters, they took 5 points from us last season, and if we'd kept a hold of them, we'd have won the league & gone straight into the UCL groups. Two further desperate days.

This season we cannot contemplate dropping any points to this dross.
Same with Graham Alexander, there was a smugness about him.

I’ve said this a million times, teams like Dundee Hibs having their Cup Final playing us isn’t something we should go on about, no matter how they rob their supporter week in week out, it’s our problem not dealing with it.

The league of Ireland is better than SPFL outside us and the scum put the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee utd in it and they’d get skelped ever other week you reap what you sow the people in charge are a laughing stock filling their bank accounts with no fresh ideas of how to improve the standard and a load of park the bus coaches on the management merry go round.
Years back and I don't mean that long ago, every time you played away, the home team would attack you at every opportunity. Now there all just doing the same thing at home, hoping to steal a goal and settle for a draw or a win as a bonus.

It's chronic stuff.

Only a week ago wee Liam was gleefully informing the nation that United had produced the best performance in Europe so far, it was simply said to have a 'dig' at Rangers and appease his employers and every Rangers hater watching on.
He dearly wished he could have repeated it last night but instead got his baws booted along with his sidekick Stewart. Fk BBC Scotland.

I laughed pretty hard at BBC Scotland's take on radio.

7-0 loss which equals the record for a Scottish sides European loss (no mention of who it was shared with) and up there with Rangers loss to Progres and Killie's loss to connahs quay.

Completely irrelevant callbacks from the BitterBC.

The comedy: knowing all the European success we have had since that match, I wouldn't change that Progres result for he world right now. Is there not some insane stat that we have won more European fixtures in the last 5 years than the rest of Scottish football combined in the last few decades? And that's ofcourse with us having played in the leagues 4th tier just just 10 years ago.

I am disgusted at the result tbh. I was looking for double figures. Dundee Utd are scum. Their fans are scum. I want us to absolutely humiliate them at tannadice a good 5/6/7-0 drubbing.

But the effort they put in against us is all they live for. They don’t care about anything else - only the bears.

Back