Unrest at the scumhut

Status
Not open for further replies.
While things certainly look like they are starting to go our way, we can't get complacent or assume the vermin are on the slide.
Bottom line is they are into the last 8, top the table on goal difference, and still haven't lost a domestic cup tie since 2016. We aren't in the quarter finals yet, and need to actually beat them in 2 weeks to turn feelgood into genuine optimism.

Phil Brown Mk2

ECL9ztjXoAEWFzC

When I heard about this I thought it was a celebratory huddle, which would be high on the cringeometer! But this, this is better, a quick way to lose the dressingroom.

When I heard about this I thought it was a celebratory huddle, which would be high on the cringeometer! But this, this is better, a quick way to lose the dressingroom.

Total cringe at that pic, what an embarrassment, tlb ain't letting us down :)

While things certainly look like they are starting to go our way, we can't get complacent or assume the vermin are on the slide.
Bottom line is they are into the last 8, top the table on goal difference, and still haven't lost a domestic cup tie since 2016. We aren't in the quarter finals yet, and need to actually beat them in 2 weeks to turn feelgood into genuine optimism.
Agree 100% dh1963. We have had a good start to the season but that is all. This super confidence of some posters that we will hammer them in a couple of weeks gives me the fear. Obviously I hope this is the case but we need to take it a game at a time.

There’s too many people on here getting excited about their result midweek.

We had a number of disappointing European results during 9 in a row.

It’s worth remembering we were a header away from dropping 2 points at Killie a couple of weeks ago

AIK Stockholm must be massive favourites to dump them out over two legs. A £60 million a year wage bill plus millions in bonuses for directors without any European football?

Any kind of result that leaves the tie in the balance come Thursday night and Lawwall will go into full panic mode.

Can see them trying to punt Edouard or Ntcham back to France come Friday.

There’s too many people on here getting excited about their result midweek.

We had a number of disappointing European results during 9 in a row.

It’s worth remembering we were a header away from dropping 2 points at Killie a couple of weeks ago
It’s not worth forgetting our form throughout preseason and our games to date from then.

Everyone has to calm down and focus one game at a time, Celtic might have got knocked out the UCL, but they'll must likely beat AIK and go into the GS of the UEL. We still need to beat East Fife to go into the QF of the SLC, beat Legia Warsaw over two legs and then most importantly of all, beat Celtic. Only until we achieve all that can we really say we're going to put in a challenge. Its still far too early to even discuss winning the league. Its like game three of the league coming up ffs :))

I’m just pointing out that anyone just expecting a celtic collapse in the season they are going for 9 in a row is in for a big shock

If we are to win the title this year I would expect it to go down to the wire
But what are you basing it on?

I’m all for realism, we need to keep our heads down and base ourselves on a hard run. But as of late, we have promising signs. We don’t need to piss on anyone’s cornflakes now.

I’d urge caution and not get carried away. One game at a time please. We’ve won nothing and they’ve lost nothing yet (aside from CL participation). Let’s keep things level.
I agree. However, they are gagging for a doing. Never been this confident. We are hungrier, slicker and they can't handle Ibrox without their feral support behind that goal. We are a better side.

When Phil Brown done it at Hull mid-season they only won one game the whole remainder of the season!

So true. But mate honestly, Gerrard and the staff WILL NOT get complacent.

From one of the scum at G.B.

about an hour ago via mobile

Post by The Lonesome Boatman on about an hour ago

Lennon should do the right thing and walk before the huns batter us in a fortnight.

Shambles front to back.

Wasn't good enough for Bolton.

Wasn't good enough for Hibs.

Wasn't good enough for us first time round and certainly fucking isn't this time round.

Knocked out the CL by a diddy team, about to be knocked out the EL by a team far superior to said diddy team, humbled by Dunfermline and almost certainly going to ship 3 against the huns.

His name gets punted about as a Celtic legend, if he gave a %^*& about this club he'd walk before he ruins his legacy with this absolute fucking dog shit standard of football.

I love the guy, honestly I do, but he couldn't manage an under 12 team.

Please, for the love of God, if you love this club - %^*& off.

We knocked %^*& out them twice at Ibrox last season, the scoreline on both occasions flattered them. I hope we give them the pumping they are due score wise - fancy Morelos to get off the mark against them.

One thing lost in this thread, Ajer went off injured today with a reported dislocated shoulder, if he's out for Ibrox then an already shite defence is even worse...bring it on

I sincerely hope so.

Maybe change it to the ‘Craic years/era’ just to rub it in further

It's got a feeling of the wheels coming off for us in November 2011.

Hopefully they hit a similar downward spiral and before they know it Hartson is managing them and they're building their midfield around Darian MacKinnon.

From one of the scum at G.B.

about an hour ago via mobile

Post by The Lonesome Boatman on about an hour ago

Lennon should do the right thing and walk before the huns batter us in a fortnight.

Shambles front to back.

Wasn't good enough for Bolton.

Wasn't good enough for Hibs.

Wasn't good enough for us first time round and certainly fucking isn't this time round.

Knocked out the CL by a diddy team, about to be knocked out the EL by a team far superior to said diddy team, humbled by Dunfermline and almost certainly going to ship 3 against the huns.

His name gets punted about as a Celtic legend, if he gave a %^*& about this club he'd walk before he ruins his legacy with this absolute fucking dog shit standard of football.

I love the guy, honestly I do, but he couldn't manage an under 12 team.

Please, for the love of God, if you love this club - %^*& off.
Nice to see they're brimming with confidence. :))

I agree, he is such a step down, I don’t want him sacked in case Lawell and Desmond decide to open the purse strings for another decent manager like Rodgers
a ridiculous scenario of celtic winning a game today somehow causes rangers to win the champions league the supercup and the treble you would still have kunts on here say they wouldn't like that cause celtic won

Gordon
El hamed julien ajer boli
Ntcham McGregor
Forrest Christie Johnston
Eduord

That’s there best side imo and everyone of them played today lol.
Forrest is carrying them but it will not be nearly enough to deal with us

I agree, he is such a step-down, I don’t want him sacked in case Lawell and Desmond decide to open the purse strings for another decent manager like Rodgers

I think the canonisation of Rodgers is getting ridiculous, put his time up here in its perspective, walked everything in Scotland ok who did he have to beat? nobody we were rebuilding, the sheep perennial losers the rest nowhere, Europe the real testing ground, utter embarrassing failure, in fact, the absolute hidings he took would have got most managers fired, Oh and a bunch of painters, taxi drivers and road sweepers from a lump of Rock off Spain beat them, I think the jury is still out on Mr Rodger's ability as a top manager.

Concentrate on ourselves and continue to do what we've been doing so far this season and good things will be heading our way, particularly as everyone can see TLB is a serious downgrade on the shiny one.

They'll all be raging at their rancid mobs performance but they'll do what they always do, dust themselves down, and head to the boozer tomorrow to watch the Rangers.:))

Fu.ck Tommy Boyd.
I was out for a pint with my mate last Saturday in the counting house. He says "Is that not the cünt that used to play for Celtic...Boyd? " Sure enough the man himself was there, must have walked between his table and the bar 4 or 5 times in 5 minutes, pausing every so often clearly hoping for someone to recognise him. Safe to say no lady's front bottom did.

I think the canonisation of Rodgers is getting ridiculous, put his time up here in its perspective, walked everything in Scotland ok who did he have to beat? nobody we were rebuilding, the sheep perennial losers the rest nowhere, Europe the real testing ground, utter embarrassing failure, in fact, the absolute hidings he took would have got most managers fired, Oh and a bunch of painters, taxi drivers and road sweepers from a lump of Rock off Spain beat them, I think the jury is still out on Mr Rodger's ability as a top manager.
The lack of perspective regarding Rodgers is amazing.
Yeah, the no marks of the Scottish press corps blew copious amounts of smoke up his arse, but that smoke was worthless, much like the standard of competition he faced domestically was unprecedented in Scottish football history by its sheer weakness making that too worthless.

No manager in the history of the Scottish game has ever had such huge advantages over his domestic competition as Rodgers had, well apart from his two predecessors in the chair at the Jimmy Savile Dome.
The adulation awarded to him and his team is laughable, but more than that it is unreal and was often brought down to earth by his failures in Europe.
Building a team in Scotland or indeed any country to compete in Europe can be difficult whilst still having to balance the demands of stiff domestic competition.
Rodgers never had this to contend with.
Yet he failed dismally often comically.

He isn't a crap manager like Lennon, but the truth is he escaped out of Scotland without ever facing a real challenge.
Only in the weak minds of someone like Spiers who doesn't have a clue or indeed the one-eyed sectarian view of English and Keevins et al, does Rodgers occupy the elevated space normally reserved for real achievers in the game of football.
The rest of us with half a wit know better.

We knocked %^*& out them twice at Ibrox last season, the scoreline on both occasions flattered them. I hope we give them the pumping they are due score wise - fancy Morelos to get off the mark against them.

One thing lost in this thread, Ajer went off injured today with a reported dislocated shoulder, if he's out for Ibrox then an already shite defence is even worse...bring it on

I don't think it's a dislocation mate. Apparently Lennon after the game was saying they're confident he'll be okay for Thursday

Post the proof then ?
Aye, very good. No, I am not going to do that. But I do know that they are insured. Indeed in the statement they put out today (which you can believe or not), they said:
"As we have made clear, the ongoing cases should be pursued through the legal process and not through the media, yet Mr McGuire appears to be more interested in writing press releases than in corresponding with our insurers or their lawyers. We respect claimants’ rights and our advisers will communicate with them and their representatives directly in the proper manner, which is precisely what our representatives are doing."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back