Unusual Food Combinations?

DeeGer10

Surely everyone has one of these...something that isn't necessarily your favorite but you like to eat it. The majority of others think it sounds disgusting. Possibly its something you only eat when you're hammered.

I got on the subject with a colleague as she was eating Celery dipped in a jar of Peanut Butter just thought it was odd. One other guy said he sometimes ate salted pringles dipped in nutella. I realised that my unusual thing was mackerel fillets in tomato sauce (in a can) on toast. Delicious.

The name of the game is to state your odd food then people can report back if they feel like trying it. Anyone who likes fish will be surprised how good mackerel in tomato sauce on toast actually is.

I don't think the Pringles and Nutella one is that strange, I know a few people who like savoury and sweet at the same time although it's usually a bit of a chocolate bar.

I liked toast with mashed banana and melted cheese on top. Not had it in a few years but it's nice.

Fried egg roll with a slice of luncheon meat, dollop of brown sauce (Daddies) and some crushed spicy NikNaks on top. Culinary delight, honest

I don't think the Pringles and Nutella one is that strange, I know a few people who like savoury and sweet at the same time although it's usually a bit of a chocolate bar.

I liked toast with mashed banana and melted cheese on top. Not had it in a few years but it's nice.

I have done a banana and cheese toastie and also PB with banana.

I mean I get the salty and sweet thing I love chocolate pretzels however just odd buying pringles to dip in Nutella.

I just saw someone post a think on Facebook - a strawberry and sushi wedding cake. WTF. Strawberries are up there with Brussel sprouts on the banned food list but mixed with sushi. A lot of vomiting would be going on.

The Mrs puts coleslaw on a fried egg roll, 15 years ago when we moved in together it certainly had me worried when I 1st encountered this :eek:o_O

My dad use to put brown sauce in his lentil soup. So I inevitably copied him as a young boy and enjoyed it. When I told other folk about this they thought I was some sort of freak !!

Cheese and strawberry jam sandwich is one of my favourite delicacies. It seems to be hated or thought to be very odd by a lot of people.

I'm also partial to making a cornflake toastie by dipping my toast in the cornflakes and scooping them up like a sandwich.

a toasted bacon & banana sarnie is a real favourite of mine, also nice is cheese & apricot jam sarnie

I don't think I have any but a guy I used to work with used to have 2 uncooked tattie scones with peanut butter and banana for his breakfast every morning. He had it as a 'sandwich' with the tattie scones taking the place of bread

Used to work with a fella who used to enjoy pouring carnation milk over his corned beef sandwiches. Quote strange in my view.

Treacle and beetroot toastie, not unpleasant but the treacle tends to get a tad hot when subjected to the toastie making process.

I was drunk when I came up with the idea!

Seabrook salt n vinegar crisps with salted peanuts poured in and shaken...Lovely!

Cheese and jam butty not unusual down here BTW.

Roll, square sausage, square cheese slice, ketchup, mayo and topped with some halved silver skin pickled onions......

I fooken hate normal onions - 19th Century Terrorist fodder.

Cold potato scone with jam.

Another is vanilla ice cream, drizzle of olive oil and some rock salt...don't knock it till you've tried it!

Back