Unusually titled booklet from Torquay fans

I'm sure back in the day when I were't lad, Torquay would play their home games on a Saturday night and you wouldn't get their result till you read the Sundays.

Might be way off, mind.

I'm sure back in the day when I were't lad, Torquay would play their home games on a Saturday night and you wouldn't get their result till you read the Sundays.

Might be way off, mind.
It was friday night's mate there used to be 16 amateur league's in south devon playing on Saturday afternoon.

It was friday night's mate there used to be 16 amateur league's in south devon playing on Saturday afternoon.

In the seventies there were 10 amateur leagues in Paisley plus all ages of juveniles.

St Mirren still kicked off at 3 and I missed most of stopping 10 and two glorious trebles. In the winter our games finished around 4 and strolled down Greenock road and into Love street for a second half freebie.

In the seventies there were 10 amateur leagues in Paisley plus all ages of juveniles.

St Mirren still kicked off at 3 and I missed most of stopping 10 and two glorious trebles. In the winter our games finished around 4 and strolled down Greenock road and into Love street for a second half freebie.
Torquay probably got more supporters than them back in the day.

According to the Torquay forums it was 7:30 on a Saturday night.

They’re no quite sure why. One reason given was it guaranteed the social club was packed and could book better acts. Another reason given was it gave all the amateur players a chance to get to the game.

According to the Torquay forums it was 7:30 on a Saturday night.

They’re no quite sure why. One reason given was it guaranteed the social club was packed and could book better acts. Another reason given was it gave all the amateur players a chance to get to the game.
Just text my mate who goes to all the home games, your right it was Saturday night so the local amateur players could attend.

Back