Up to 18 players out, how many will we bring in?

Gallant Few

Does anyone think a total of 18 players leaving from last season's squad seems very likely? So far unless I'm forgetting anyone we currently have 10 outgoings just through loans expiring & players being let go already:

Dalcio
Goss
Martin
Cummings
Miller
Bates
Kelly
Holt
Dodoo
O'Halloran

IMO this figure could easily rise to 18 or so just by shifting deadwood. I expect we could easily see anyone from the following list leave the club without too much of a hassle:

Cardoso
Herrera
Forrester
Halliday
Hodson
Wallace
1 of Alnwick or Foderingham
Hardie on loan

So the question is, how many exactly will we bring in? IMO our squad was a bit bloated with players not getting near the pitch last season, so I wouldn't expect to see quite as many coming in. But with 7 new faces already, is it possible we can expect to see around 5 or 6 more comfortably if we manage to shift all the players deemed surplus to requirements?

I’d expect at least 2 strikers in.
The list from Cardoso to the keepers is about right and I’d throw dorrans in there too.
With the midfield we are trying to build is have jack, Rossiter and Docherty ahead of him all day.
It’s good that we are looking forward instead of dreading what might happen

Does anyone think a total of 18 players leaving from last season's squad seems very likely? So far unless I'm forgetting anyone we currently have 10 outgoings just through loans expiring & players being let go already:

Dalcio
Goss
Martin
Cummings
Miller
Bates
Kelly
Holt
Dodoo
O'Halloran

IMO this figure could easily rise to 18 or so just by shifting deadwood. I expect we could easily see anyone from the following list leave the club without too much of a hassle:

Cardoso
Herrera
Forrester
Halliday
Hodson
Wallace
Hardie on loan

So the question is, how many exactly will we bring in? IMO our squad was a bit bloated with players not getting near the pitch last season, so I wouldn't expect to see quite as many coming in. But with 7 new faces already, is it possible we can expect to see around 5 or 6 more comfortably if we manage to shift all the players deemed surplus to requirements?

If as much as eighteen go out the same has got to come in, so far ( from the list above ) ten have left ( four were on loan ) eight have came in ( two on loan ).

We are therefore two down as it stands,i would expect at the very least a further six signings as we continue to get rid of those who just wont make it at RFC.

The sqaud was overloaded with absolute dross, don't need a massive sqaud just better quality.

It's always u after q ( just something that's always bothered me on here :D )

Anyway, due to the demand in fixtures the squad was never overloaded,we need at the very least a squad of 22 ( two in each position ) for the season demands that face us.

It's great to see Rangers working their way through the dross of last season and bringing in a better caliber of player.

I think the manager as already indicated he wants more than quality player in each position.

I dont expect our business to be done in this transfer window. Things wont slow down until next summer.

Anyway, due to the demand in fixtures the squad was never overloaded,we need at the very least a squad of 22 ( two in each position ) for the season demands that face us.

It's great to see Rangers working their way through the dross of last season and bringing in a better caliber of player.

It's calibre not caliber. Just something that's always bothered me on here:D

I'ts alright making wish lists about the ins and outs,but how many of those players have one or two years left on their contract,
might be harder than some people think to shift them

Dalcio
Goss
Martin
Cummings
Miller
Bates
Kelly
Holt
Dodoo
O'Halloran

Cardoso
Herrera
Forrester
Halliday
Hodson
Wallace
Hardie on loan

You seem to have forgotten the alcoholic goal scoring mexican.

About 12 of those players hardly featured (5 of which never played at all iirc).

So we’re “losing” 18 players (potentially)

Getting rid of all them and replacing them with about 10 players wouldn’t be unreasonable (depending whether we make the group stages or not)

Liam Kelly and Jordan Thompson have also left.

I suspect Myles Beerman will go out on loan.

Has Kyle Bradley also departed? Heard nothing about him for ages.

Did Gerrard not say he was a big fan of Wallace the other week? Thought he was a fantastic player? I don't think him or Cardoso (based on what he's posting on social media) will be going.

That’s a hard ge amount of players to move on in one window

Gelling the new players will be key.

Defo short on striking options

Did Gerrard not say he was a big fan of Wallace the other week? Thought he was a fantastic player? I don't think him or Cardoso (based on what he's posting on social media) will be going.

I think Cardoso is back at THC by himself while the rest of the squad are in Spain. I think he’s definitely away at some point soon.

He said he wanted a fit Wallace in the squad. Or words to that effect.

Regardless of his feelings on him, he had to say that given Wallace is in a legal dispute with the club

It's frightening how may players we need to get rid of or replace. SG will have some challenge getting all the new faces playing as a single unit.

Could be he's working on a 2 - 3 year plan, with more new faces coming in at the end of the year, and next summer.

That doesn't mean he lacks ambition for this season, but I think his plans may take time to implement in full.

If the 18 players do go people need to stop worrying about getting players on loan as we're not going to be able to afford to buy ever single replacement

If we shift the deadwood they need replaced aswell, cant see us getting much cash for these lads so will need to be freebies / loans etc to beef out the squad.

I reckon we need another two starters with anything up to 8 squad players. This all wont be done this summer obviously.

Think we might see Halliday kept on. Those left at home will be offski.

Apart from Qatar Qismat and lots of other words ?

You're a pernickety qunt :D:D;)

This really needs to be the last time we are doing this. We need to get it right this season and then finally start building a team by having only a few departures and arrivals every season. Our player turnover has been absolute madness.

Cardoso didn’t even get a seat on the plane so he’s definitely not part of our plans.

Did Hardie sign a new contract for a year or two? If its a year no point loaning him out would like to see him in the squad and getting a chance to see if he can make the step up.

I think cardoso and or Alves will go. Katic n goldson will play. So probably looking for a CB but id guess more a capable squad member type.

It's 11 out OP - you're missing Jordan Thompson. I guess you could add Pena as well. Also, from your list of possibles, there is Alves to add as well.

We could, if we can shift them , easily lose 18.

I'd say we need/can expect to see most of them replaced bar maybe two or three to keep the squad operational.

7 in and 11 out so far. I expect at least another 4 to come in - two loanees and two permanent (that's just my speculation). After that, its down to how many we can shift out. We need buyers/someone willing to take them on.

Typo :oops:

Dalcio
Goss
Martin
Cummings
Miller
Bates
Kelly
Holt
Dodoo
O'Halloran

Cardoso
Herrera
Forrester
Halliday
Hodson
Wallace
Hardie on loan

I won't miss any of those players

Maybe his left hand was faster than his right when he was typing.;) I hope he doesn't retaliate with a comment on how you spelled calibre.:eek:

W.A.T.P.

Back