Update from John McGall

Papasmurf

Official Ticketer
I'm sure many of you recall the incident that happened at the Semi Final last season that involved John McGall. For those that dont, prior to the game a bus collided with a road sign which then fell into Johns head, causing massive life changing injuries.

We set up a fund raising page which raised more than £3000 to help John and his family.

https://www.gofundme.com/donations-for-john-mcgall

Ive been in regular contact with John and hes asked me to pass forward his heart felt thanks to everyone that contributed to the fund and everyone who wished him well.

The injuries were life threatening and massively life changing. But the good news is that John continues to fight for recovery daily. Recently he invited by the club to attend the St Johnstone game - this was his first game back since the incident. He also took the massive step last night in returning to his season ticket seat. I cant imagine how difficult that would have been, so fair play to him. And he picked a good night.

The purpose of the post was to pass John's eternal thanks to all Bears.

We all came together at a time of need for a fellow bear (which really isnt unexpected) and its good to see things are improving for him.

It would be wrong of me not to thank the club, particularly Stewart Robertson, @Greg Marshall and Mark Hateley for being so supportive of John, staying in contact with him, inviting him to Ibrox at the weekend as well as visiting him at the hospital.

We truly are The People!

Here are a few pics of John's trip at the weekend.

2vs2jvl.jpg

33os76c.jpg

15ofnuv.jpg
25zkmfc.jpg

Was great to see him on facebook excited to go to the game and he was well looked after. Days after he is still buzzing despite the obvious disappointment of the result. It's a long road for our fellow bear but he is doing awesome.

Good on him, and here's to a full recovery to you John.

There was a queue that afternoon at letherby drive making my way to hampden, that I remember and when it was reported that John was injured well it was very sad news to hear when I read about it on FF later that evening.

I'm sure many of you recall the incident that happened at the Semi Final last season that involved John McGall. For those that dont, prior to the game a bus collided with a road sign which then fell into Johns head, causing massive life changing injuries.

We set up a fund raising page which raised more than £3000 to help John and his family.

https://www.gofundme.com/donations-for-john-mcgall

Ive been in regular contact with John and hes asked me to pass forward his heart felt thanks to everyone that contributed to the fund and everyone who wished him well.

The injuries were life threatening and massively life changing. But the good news is that John continues to fight for recovery daily. Recently he invited by the club to attend the St Johnstone game - this was his first game back since the incident. He also took the massive step last night in returning to his season ticket seat. I cant imagine how difficult that would have been, so fair play to him. And he picked a good night.

The purpose of the post was to pass John's eternal thanks to all Bears.

We all came together at a time of need for a fellow bear (which really isnt unexpected) and its good to see things are improving for him.

It would be wrong of me not to thank the club, particularly Stewart Robertson, @Greg Marshall and Mark Hateley for being so supportive of John, staying in contact with him, inviting him to Ibrox at the weekend as well as visiting him at the hospital.

We truly are The People!

Here are a few pics of John's trip at the weekend.

2vs2jvl.jpg

33os76c.jpg

15ofnuv.jpg
25zkmfc.jpg
Brilliant post mate, and massive thanks to you for initiating & leading the support for John.

Was great to see him on facebook excited to go to the game and he was well looked after. Days after he is still buzzing despite the obvious disappointment of the result. It's a long road for our fellow bear but he is doing awesome.

Cheers Barcode. I know you’re a friend of John.

It’s heartwarming and I’m delighted he’s on the mend. And a big well done to the Rangers employees who gave him that special night out too.

As much as we whinge often, this place is incredible really. Stories like this show why our support is something special.

Great news. That incident could have happened to anyone of us that day. Good luck in his recovery.

(I was sure it was this season’s semi final though?)

Good luck to the lad. I saw him outside the ground last night and he looked delighted to be back.

Back