Update on our new Museum

Cannot wait to visit this! Would imagine I’ll need multiple visits to take it all in!

Not to derail - was there any update on the memorial garden? Has that been shelved completely now?

From the website

"But while the museum will regardless be packed with countless mementos of the club’s glorious past, we don’t quite have everything, and this is your chance to help!

We are looking for some rather specific items, namely:

Rangers match-worn/player issue shirts from throughout our history. 1970s and before are especially sought after. Also, from domestic, and European finals, league wins, legendary players and famous games.

Material related to our formation, early years, and the start of the organised Scottish League.

Material related to our previous grounds.

Material related to our first treble in 1949 and war era items (shirts, tickets, match balls, fan material).

Material related to the great 1950s and 1960s team, including the 1964 treble winners (shirts, tickets, match balls, fan material).

European Cup Winners Cup 1972 (shirts, tickets, match balls, fan material)

Jock Wallace-related material and the 1976 and 1978 trebles. (shirts, tickets, match balls, fan material).

9 In A Row material (shirts, tickets, match balls, fan material).

Ibrox events material, gigs, boxing, Ibrox Sports, investitures, royal visits etc.

If you have anything on that list you think may be worthy of inclusion in the museum, we would love to hear from you!

The current Covid situation means we cannot accept any items in-person under any circumstances. Instead, please email heritage@rangers.co.uk with, where possible, a picture of your item and a description."

Very exciting. Can't wait to visit. Went to Porto's when we played them a couple seasons ago and it was fantastic. Lifesize models of their all-time XI, each European triumph had their own part, they sold photo opps (I think theirs was superimpose your face into a classic photo from a European Cup win)

We should make sure we have a place for taking photos with Cups and Trophies etc. like they used to do with the old Rangers shops in the 2000s. Not only a great place to learn about the club but potentially a huge revenue driver.

This is going to be incredible,long over due of course and it will be very popular.
I like the fact we're using people who are in the museum industry and will know how to set the artefacts etc to show them off properly.

Great photo of the museum in that twitter thread

E0t-5InWYAMTDjZ

Really enjoyed hearing about it and excited for it opening. Really hope the Bears have lots of stuff they can give to the club.
I’m guessing there’ll be options either to donate items to the club or to loan items for display. I’m thinking of medals etc which an ex players family would want to retain ownership of but would be happy for it to be on display rather than sitting in the back of a drawer.

Hope the dream scene is really special. I think a print of the image will be a really popular item for many fans

One minor criticism I have is that I think the Club should be informing possible sources of stuff that they could loan the items to the Museum, in case people are worried about donating things and thereby losing title to them.

The Museum I was involved with had no problem with this -- we operated a good mix of donations and loans on display.

The other thing that hopefully we'll see in the Museum will be some rotation of items on display -- so that objects handed in are not consigned to a shelf somewhere.
It does happen unfortunately, but a bit of diligence and a record of what has been on display works wonders, especially if there are one or two cabinets specifically assigned for this.

Sounds great. Really looking forward to seeing the end result.

I wonder if we still have the 90's model of the main stand complete with new club deck ?

Such a wonderful history our club has. Rich, honest, earned.

Itll be a great day when it opens. Hopefully gives our younger fans an insight into what the club has been all about all these years.

Really excited about this.

The idea of a museum/bar/venue the club directly profit from is long overdue.

One minor criticism I have is that I think the Club should be informing possible sources of stuff that they could loan the items to the Museum, in case people are worried about donating things and thereby losing title to them.

The Museum I was involved with had no problem with this -- we operated a good mix of donations and loans on display.

The other thing that hopefully we'll see in the Museum will be some rotation of items on display -- so that objects handed in are not consigned to a shelf somewhere.
It does happen unfortunately, but a bit of diligence and a record of what has been on display works wonders, especially if there are one or two cabinets specifically assigned for this.
That's what an exhibition space will be for. Usually museum pieces in the main don't rotate.
Look at the website. It says there what the club needs.

Sounds good although being picky, I think it should be bigger.

And the mutants are polluting the YouTube comments already :mad: They must be subscribed to know about it so soon. Obsessed!

Back