Update on our new Museum

Certainly going to be interesting to see it once up and running

Long overdue that is for sure

This is fantastic news. I want my descendants to have a Rangers education and to be able to view memorabilia relating to our history. Rangers are improving in every way.

really cannot wait to visit, this is going to be excellent, i love all that stuff, Gazzas boots and contract agreement with Lazio, match worn shirts, its going to be great

You can absolutely guarantee there’ll be teams of folk here queuing up to criticise it when it opens. Critiquing everything from the items on display, to the layout to the colour of the skirting boards.

You can absolutely guarantee there’ll be teams of folk here queuing up to criticise it when it opens. Critiquing everything from the items on display, to the layout to the colour of the skirting boards.
Haha , absolutely, there is nothing surer than that. :)

Brilliant but they showed a pair of Adidas Predators when Stewart Robertson was asking for items from the war years which I found funny.

I've got the eleven great years book signed by Struth and a dozen or so players

assume this is the kind of thing they would be looking for?
I've just pinged off an email saying that I've got the John Allan trilogy,with original dustjackets,that I'd be happy to loan. The first book is a special players/staff edition bound with blue leather and gilt pages,rather than the general issue cloth bound ones. Can't top your Struth and players signed one though!!

Last edited:
I hope the club do something innovative using technology. Maybe some sort of 3D visual experience where you get to see the club and the city at the very start of its journey back in 1872. If you go to any of the big US theme parks they enhance the experience so well to make it truly memorable. As Stewart Robinson says, we want all tourists who come to Glasgow to make a point of including the museum in their visit.

Correct, amigo.

Which is why this forum is such hard, depressing work sometimes. You’d be as well bookmarking this thread for the usual pish when the museum opens. Don’t like it? Well, stay the f*ck away.

Personally, I reckon it’s going to be great - and I’m very impressed with the endeavour and detail the club is going into. Work away, Rangers!

I hope the club do something innovative using technology. Maybe some sort of 3D visual experience where you get to see the club and the city at the very start of its journey back in 1872. If you go to any of the big US theme parks they enhance the experience so well to make it truly memorable. As Stewart Robinson says, we want all tourists who come to Glasgow to make a point of including the museum in their visit.
Including the museum and the shop in their visit ;)

Really excited about this.

The idea of a museum/bar/venue the club directly profit from is long overdue.
It takes our Club to another level and not before time. A hundred and fifty years is a lot of history to uncover, especially if there's old newsreel and footage of old games and stuff along the lines of Hampden. Can't wait til it's up and running.

Very very exciting! Will be something I will really look forward to.

It is also great to hear Stewart Robertson speak with so much passion as well! So happy with where the club are now!

Can't wait, very exciting listening to him talk. One small thing I was thinking, which he then sort of went on to address, is what way this will leave our trophy room? To me it's iconic and hosts a hell of a lot of our memorabilia as it is, so hopefully it isn't left too bare!

I watched a you tube one on the Wolves museum that looked quite innovative and the good stuff could be cherry picked from there, and others.

I'm hoping they include our full history like the links with the Orange Order and the old church parades, visits from the Royal Family etc.

Will be really interesting to see which items from the trophy room move to the museum. There are some things in there that make sense to be in our museum but I can’t imagine ever leaving that iconic room.

I remember a few years ago, the smelly mhanky mob were talking about building a museum. The one in my work was giving it, “This is the difference between the 2 clubs, we’re just so progressive.” He had artists impressions of it up on his laptop showing everyone, I asked him about the planned hotel and museum the other day, to which he replied, “Don’t remember every hearing anything about that.” Selective memory runs deep with that mob.

Oh absolutely. You see it on every single thread on here, no matter what the topic, some people are just moany whiny buggers who suck the life right out of everything and are best ignored.

I can’t wait to see how this turns out, will be a great addition to the stadium and will improve the overall look no end from the crumbling building that was left to ruin for years.

Oh absolutely. You see it on every single thread on here, no matter what the topic, some people are just moany whiny buggers who suck the life right out of everything and are best ignored.

I can’t wait to see how this turns out, will be a great addition to the stadium and will improve the overall look no end from the crumbling building that was left to ruin for years.
I just can’t wait to put more money into the club, the cafe will be a great addition, income 7 days a week. I’m sure I read that rangers predicted we would bring in 6 figure profits to the club.

I'm hoping they include our full history like the links with the Orange Order and the old church parades, visits from the Royal Family etc.
i doubt it mate, think most will be sporting mixed with how we were founded , the building , the disaster and past greats who have graced the hallowed turf.

I was at a couple of share holders meeting back in the early 2000s and this was mentioned at them of a Rangers museum. Unfortunately nothing ever happened. So I am uber excited that it’s now going to take place.
The way that it was explained on the 10 minute video was captivating.
I like Stewart Robertson...
I’m away to lookout a pair of flares from season 1975/76 that my brother owned to donate to the museum!!!!

Absolutely can't wait to go when it's finished. Club is going nfrom strength to strength at the moment.

What’s with the “speccy” comments below that video on Twitter. Do Rangers fans really go around talking about Rangers people like that?
There is a wee gang of goons who are painfully edgy. They've usually got 1872 or 72 in the twitter handle so you can spot them a mile away.

My one hope is that it will be big enough to fully encapsulate and display the entirety of our unparalleled history and success.

It's going to be quite a job to curate and tell the story of our 150 year history and if it's done right, it will really be a football museum like no other. Something to compliment the magnificence of our main stand and trophy room.

I've been to a quite a few football museums down south and abroad and most of their time of achievement and their notable history is a drop in the ocean compared to the extent of ours.

Doing the Tour next week
My one hope is that it will be big enough to fully encapsulate and display the entirety of our unparalleled history and success.

It's going to be quite a job to curate and tell the story of our 150 year history and if it's done right, it will really be a football museum like no other. Something to compliment the magnificence of our main stand and trophy room.

I've been to a quite a few football museums down south and abroad and most of their time of achievement and their notable history is a drop in the ocean compared to the extent of ours.

I went to the AC Milan one, not the one at San Siro but at their Admin HQ, and it went year by year from when they were founded - thought that was quite good.

Actually doing the Ibrox Tour this coming Monday so teed me up for it this thread.

Agreed. I reckon that itll be a hit regardless however if they can put in some kind of unique, groundbreaking exhibits then it really could generate some serious interest and the benefits that accompany it

I'll have a lump in my throat when I get to see it.
I'm more of a fan of our institute than the actual team if that makes sense.

I’ve got my dad’s 1970 “DJ” League Cup Final programme and ticket stub, plus the same from the 1967 Jim Baxter show at Wembley v England when Scotland became World Champions

I’d be happy to hand those over if wanted :)

Or if I can find them LOL

A club like ours with the high level of success we enjoyed over 150 years the challenge will be what bits to fit in.

ManU museum abd tour was so underwhelming. Left thinking about what the didn’t have.

Arsenal had little to brag about but enjoyed their experience way more. For us needs to interactive, Arsenal had pick your top 3 Bergkamp goals really entertaining. We will have so much going to be tough cutting it to size.

Very exciting project, the possibilities of what they can do are huge and it sounds like they have great plans. Really looking forward to seeing the end results

The lad collating the items not only is an archaeologist but is a good bluenose too which is a bonus!

Back