Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

Sounds promising. If it gets the go ahead it needs to be Copland front so it's seen on tv.

I stand at the games anyway, not the same sitting down. Had to sit in Br2 for Europe games this season and it was horrendous

I never even noticed the date. I was happy progress was being made until the comment about prospect of getting back into Europe, then the penny dropped.

Its all well and fine having a pop at the club but if people wont move to accommodate a safe standing in the Broomlaon front then there is not much really that can be done. If the expansion plans get the go-ahead then again this will be up in the air.

The killmarnock caparison is just ridiculous as they could fire rail seating anywhere they want and still wont affect anybody.

Ridiculous length of time to spend looking at this. Liewell managed it in no time and got GCC to pretend it was a 3 year trial to stop us doing the same. He needn't have bothered as its now 4 years since the 'trial period' started.

Its all well and fine having a pop at the club but if people wont move to accommodate a safe standing in the Broomlaon front then there is not much really that can be done. If the expansion plans get the go-ahead then again this will be up in the air.

The killmarnock caparison is just ridiculous as they could fire rail seating anywhere they want and still wont affect anybody.
There won’t be expansion, and there won’t be safe standing.

Nothing to do with the fans not moving. The club fired out a survey and didn’t get the response that THEY wanted, instead they got a vast majority in favour of it being installed.

Not that I like to put the mentally challengeds up on pedestal but they managed to move season ticket holders and install the rail seating fine.

If the club did go ahead with it, they can move people if they like regardless of what said persons opinion was on SS

There need a to be some progress on this. I fear that the club are just too scared to come out and say that they don't want it and the idea is dead.

The cost can't be thag big of an issue as there is scope to project that on to the supporters that want it. And any grumbles about people having to move seats to accommodate it would soon die down. TBF if I was asked to relocate to another area, I would get over it pretty quickly as long as I still get to watch my team.

“No prospect of it being done for the start of next season”
2 things..

Why not?
Please move the union bears to BF3 for the start of next season till it happens then.

This was 2 seasons ago, so even more reason to be getting a move on.

You cannot have Safe-Standing in a area that might be handed over to the opposing team if they demand and get a bigger than normal allocation in the cup or Europe.

Secondly it has to be in the traditional home end , the Broomloan has not and will never take on that role.

Safe-Standing in the Copland Front is the only logical way forward.

You cannot have Safe-Standing in a area that might be handed over to the opposing team if they demand and get a bigger than normal allocation in the cup or Europe.

Secondly it has to be in the traditional home end , the Broomloan has not and will never take on that role.

Safe-Standing in the Copland Front is the only logical way forward.

've read the seats are folded out for European fixtures

I've been in the Copland front for the feyenoord porto and young boys and everyone stands makes for a great atmosphere and the stewards leave us alone.

I'm in the Copland Front and would be delighted if it became safe standing.
I know it’s an old post however.

How would you accomodate the UB? Too many folk in the “Traditional Rangers End” would go up in arms.

There’s is absolutely no point of a safe standing section if you’re not going to have your club’s Ultras located there. The UB have been campaigning for at least a decade now for safe standing.

My point remains.

They managed to move season ticket holders to their satisfaction and install rail seating.

There is no reason we cannot do the same.
Folk need to understand they don’t own a piece of plastic. It’s owned by the club. That’s what Celtic did they offered season tickets elsewhere for those in that section and worked.

Not that I like to put the mentally challengeds up on pedestal but they managed to move season ticket holders and install the rail seating fine.

Its not that difficult. Same as moving the tims out if the Broomloan. Many on here said it couldnt be done citing, amongst other things, the safety certificate. Next thing you know, they're gone.

With regards stadium expansion/safe standing. Do both at the same time by using a ratio of greater than 1 to 1. Before anyone says it cant be done (safety certificate argument again) it can be done IF WE PUSH FOR IT.

Only because they don’t sell out

Bayern Munich have sold out nearly every game in years and have safe standing.

All across Germany you have it where attendances are bigger than ours.

Real Madrid who although don't have standing, have created a fair sized area to have their main fan group together in a prime location.

Saying we can't do it because of tickets is a cop out. Saying we can't do it for any reason is a cop out.

Nothing will happen until they complete the feasibility studies into adding more seats to Ibrox, it could be a much needed and welcome addition to project 2022..

It's good to see it's moving while it might not be as quickly as some would like. It's important that regular updates come out letting us know how things are progressing.

Assume that rail seating section would accommodate more spectators than a seated section? Therefore an opportunity to increase capacity

Could pay for itself, as well as the atmosphere benefits

Back