Updated Rangers Statement - SPFL’s legal adviser deems Rangers' Members Resolution as incompetent, other clubs being bullied

Ponientebear

Our biggest problem is we meekly accepted the bastards ruling that there was no conflict of interest in having a scum stooge Murdoch MacLennan on the SPFL board. We should have taken this further. He is on the payroll on the beasts owners ffs.
Exactly as I mentioned that little cosy relationship must be readdressed, especially now they have so blatantly outed themselves, at a later date.

Valley Bluenose

Not for issues that involve all clubs
Its more to do with the type of Resolution being put forward. On Ordinary Resolution, and the SPFL proposal is seemingly deemed an Ordinary Resolution, requires the 75% approval across all three voting blocks (Premier, Championship and combined League 1/2).

A Qualified or a Commercial Resolution, and there are hints that the Rangers proposal would be a Qualified Resolution or Commercial Resolution, requires 90% (11-1) approval from Premier League clubs, 75% (8-2) approval from Championship clubs and 75% (15-5) approval from the combined League 1/2 clubs.

Who decides, or how they decide, the nature of each resolution is a mystery to me.

Henrywatson115

Official Ticketer
The response

The SPFL Board received a requisition from Rangers, supported by two other clubs, that the Board must issue a further resolution to members. This resolution sought to compel the SPFL to lend money to all 42 Clubs.

The Board took legal advice from a leading QC on the proposed resolution. By law, the members of a private company can require their Board to circulate a resolution, unless such resolution would be ineffective if passed.

The clear and unequivocal legal advice received by the SPFL is that the resolution received from Rangers is ineffective in terms of company law. As a result, the Board determined this morning that it cannot be circulated to members.

We have seen a statement from Rangers that they “sought comment from the SPFL Executive on several occasions yesterday, to ensure [their] resolution was deemed competent”. For the avoidance of doubt, only at 10.18pm yesterday did the SPFL’s lawyer receive an email from Rangers seeking advice on the content of their resolution, which was put before the SPFL Board first thing this morning.

Rangers have expressed a desire to submit a further resolution. The SPFL’s lawyers will work with Rangers, as they will with any other member club, who wishes to put forward a resolution. The offer to help clubs with the drafting of their resolutions was made during the divisional conference calls on Wednesday. Rangers chose to proceed without seeking that help, with the result that their resolution was ineffective.

A spokesman said: “These are extremely difficult times for the people of Scotland and for every club in the land.

“The SPFL Board has worked hard to propose a clear way of quickly delivering much-needed fee payments to the 30 clubs in the Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2.

“The alternative is further weeks, and possibly months, of uncertainty and financial hardship for dozens of clubs which are desperately looking for a way to survive.”

Calling Rangers liars

PortoyMortoy

This virus has really shown who and what the football authorities care about. Every big decision is for the benefit of one club and they're going to do everything to hand them a title they haven't won. Other clubs will find themselves benefiting from it so they have no reason to fight it which makes it easier to push through.

EverGer

You never fail do you, it’s about time something was do and if most sensible people can see that they will be happy, so troll off somewhere else you crank.
sorry forgot having an opinion that didn’t include slagging the board or players was unwise.

Forth Bear

The response

The SPFL Board received a requisition from Rangers, supported by two other clubs, that the Board must issue a further resolution to members. This resolution sought to compel the SPFL to lend money to all 42 Clubs.

The Board took legal advice from a leading QC on the proposed resolution. By law, the members of a private company can require their Board to circulate a resolution, unless such resolution would be ineffective if passed.

The clear and unequivocal legal advice received by the SPFL is that the resolution received from Rangers is ineffective in terms of company law. As a result, the Board determined this morning that it cannot be circulated to members.

We have seen a statement from Rangers that they “sought comment from the SPFL Executive on several occasions yesterday, to ensure [their] resolution was deemed competent”. For the avoidance of doubt, only at 10.18pm yesterday did the SPFL’s lawyer receive an email from Rangers seeking advice on the content of their resolution, which was put before the SPFL Board first thing this morning.

Rangers have expressed a desire to submit a further resolution. The SPFL’s lawyers will work with Rangers, as they will with any other member club, who wishes to put forward a resolution. The offer to help clubs with the drafting of their resolutions was made during the divisional conference calls on Wednesday. Rangers chose to proceed without seeking that help, with the result that their resolution was ineffective.

A spokesman said: “These are extremely difficult times for the people of Scotland and for every club in the land.

“The SPFL Board has worked hard to propose a clear way of quickly delivering much-needed fee payments to the 30 clubs in the Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2.

“The alternative is further weeks, and possibly months, of uncertainty and financial hardship for dozens of clubs which are desperately looking for a way to survive.”

They don't a flying fuck about the financial hardship clubs face.

All they want is the tarriers given a title they haven't won.

Ricksen

Anyone need any more convincing we need to do absolutely EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to get out of this league ?
At this rate I’d take simply not existing at all. It’s not worth it. I can’t stand being a Rangers fan under these circumstances. It’s blatant corruption on and off the pitch, and it’s constant. If we vanish, celtic will be stuck here alone, they will fade into nothing and everyone knows it. Let’s see how they manage then.

Lovenkrands

If they are point blank refusing to put forward our resolution, and if we’re convinced we’re in the right then I think we may be heading for court.

MightyGersLand!

This parochial shithole of Scotland absolutely disgusts me.
I wish we could GTF out of it.
We laugh at Colombia, Venezuela, Egypt, Irán, North Korea. Spain, Italy and Greece?
When our own police lose evidence whenever it involves celtic.
Sell them ground for pennies and deliberately build houses etc near our stadium to deny us land.
Have murderers spend 3 years in Jail.
Child rapists get a couple of days per crime.
Have national media help child abuse cover ups.

We'd be well up on the moral high ground if stories came out about any of the countries I've mentioned doing half of this!
Yet it's happening under our noses.
Scotland is in a terrible state at every level involving any amount of power or perceived power.

Amo6591

At this rate I’d take simply not existing at all. It’s not worth it. I can’t stand being a Rangers fan under these circumstances. It’s blatant corruption on and off the pitch, and it’s constant. If we vanish, celtic will be stuck here alone, they will fade into nothing and everyone knows it. Let’s see how they manage then.
We've never had a better opportunity since 2012, might as well roll the dice

willg89

Scottish footballing establishment are corrupt evil scumbags.

I genuinely hope all the SPFL teams go bust, wouldn’t pish on a single one of them or their owners/managers/directors if they were on fire.

MearnsUnionist

And by the way, David graham has done more for our PR in a positive manner than Jim Traynor had done in 8 years.

The man clearly knows the dark arts of the media better than we first thought. And that’s with working in Northern Ireland politics where it’s as murky and dark as you can get.

he’s not for being bullied that’s for sure.

Him and Robertson are working well together.

Ponientebear

sorry forgot having an opinion that didn’t include slagging the board or players was unwise.
Well you certainly don’t do irony.
Your only opinion seem to be to slag off supporters who don’t think the board are doing enough but will support them when they finally stand up to the naked corruption that has being going on too long.

Coplandbear

The game is up.
So most spl clubs backing the proposal
It's not a surprise or even a shock I think everything has so far panned out has been predicted now.

Rangers are in a war here and we need to fight and see it through.

If not questions will need to be answered as to where we go from here. I'm sure the club will do the right thing but this will get dirty and this will have ongoing complications for a while if indeed that lot are unfairly handed over the title.

Bottom line is we need to fight back big time.

Simply a Bear

I don’t know what we can do as fans or what the club can do, but it’s time to bring this corruption to an end. If that means bringing Scottish football to its knees and damaging it then so be it. I’ve had enough of this now. Thousands of people are dying every day and the stress and worry is taking its toll on our country and its citizens. I don’t care if it has a knock on effect with tv contracts or sponsorships as there are more important things going on.

hendo1969

PR exercise from Rangers. We tried to fight them! failed now move on and buy the season tickets which are due for launch imminently

All the folk praising the PR team and board need to have a reality check

Paulski54

Him and Robertson are working well together.
Agreed, but we clearly need to be boxing a wee bit more clever to round these fools at the SPFL.
statement basically calling Rangers liars. And that will appease the tarriers no end.
They are trawling these pages minute by minute to find out how we are reacting tho this.
It’s about actions and not statements. Actions speak louder than statements. Lawyer up, expose the corruption and the collusion between the bheasts and the boards at both SFA and SPFL. Murdoch maclennan, chairman of SPFL, long time friend and business associate of dermot Desmond, the chief shareholder of Celtic. All you need to know. He has no association with any other club nor is he employed by one. He shouldn’t be anywhere near that board.
The lawyers for Celtic, also lawyers for SFA. Clear conflict of interest.
And there’s lots more.

Valley Bluenose

One thing we learnt from the Charles Green era was that what was missing from statements was often as important as what they contained. Snake Oil Salesman.

The SPFL rebuttal says the SPFL's lawyers only got 1 email from Rangers. Late last night. The Rangers statement says - explicitly - that they tried to contact the 'SPFL Executive' all day. I'd say 'lawyers' and 'Executive' are completely different things. Separate entities if you will.;)

They are devious c*nts, no doubts about it.

BobbyShearer

Come on mate get a fucking handle on things.

We can end up every season trophyless for the rest of the century and still have a more glorious existence than these cheating lowlife mutant bastards.