Updated Rangers Statement - SPFL’s legal adviser deems Rangers' Members Resolution as incompetent, other clubs being bullied

The SFA/SPFL are honestly unbelievable they gave a ludicrous deadline and when it didn’t got there way all of a sudden they mention o by the way it’s actually 28 days you have to vote in actual fact I doubt they cared to share that fact with the other clubs until they had to, utter shambles, complete embarrassment again
Honestly, I would be surprised if this was the case. Every written resolution I have ever seen quite clearly sets out in the notes to it that votes should be cast within 28 days of the "circulation date" of the resolution. I'd be astonished if this resolution didn't do likewise, although of course it was no doubt accompanied by a request to, in practice, vote by 5pm today.

Why have they rushed to give the title to them? Why right now? What is the impetus and motivation behind it being done so quickly? The monies could be divided and then decisions made regarding the season. Does that club have information the other Clubs aren’t privy to?

Bribery at play here. This “missing” vote will magically reappear once one of the other 2 cave into the demands of the reptiles.

This is like the sort of daft shite the early H&H pods used to speak about when talking about Bulgarian and Romanian football.

Oh, how we laughed.

I don't know if this has been posted or not as I haven't read through the whole thread as yet. I hope you don't mind me posting this for clarity of the Rangers position @ID10.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1248619176047964161.html

Accurate timeline from Rangers to SPL-

Here is an accurate record of dialogue between Rangers and the SPFL board

Stewart Robertson sent a copy of RFC resolution to Neil Doncaster at 5.33pm on Wednesday.
This was acknowledged by ND at 6.24pm who said he would forward to the Board and be back in touch shortly

ND emailed back at 11.03 am yesterday to say that before the resolution could be circulated by the Board there needed to be a requisition by at least 3 clubs.
There was no suggestion that there were any issues with the text.

James Blair spoke to Rod McKenzie at 1.43pm yesterday regarding the resolution. There was no suggestion of any issues with the text

RFC emailed the resolution to the SPFL at 2.50pm yesterday
SPFL acknowledged receipt shortly thereafter. No issues were raised with the text then or at any other time until we contacted them further.

JB was advised by SR late yesterday evening that the SPFL had suggested to Championship clubs that the resolution was not competent
and wouldn’t be sent to members. They were being told this before the SPFL had communicated with us on the resolution.

JB emailed Rod McKenzie at 10.17pm asking if he could advise how the resolution might be amended to overcome any concerns the SPFL might have.
Rod McKenzie replied at 10.51pm saying he had forwarded to Neil and Iain Blair. He did not otherwise respond

JB emailed back at 11.25 pm saying it would be helpful to hear from him in advance of the board meeting scheduled for this morning. That didn’t occur
JB emailed this morning at 11.00am and then spoke to Rod McKenzie

Rangers can and will prove this if necessary

What the hell does that mean.

How is it possible to read NO as incompetent?

Seems conveniently bizarre. The Dundee statement on their website is fairly clear what their positioin is.

Happy Easter to all of the Dundee fans and all football fans over the world! It’s been a few weeks since our last statement regarding the intense impact of COVID-19 on our culture. Unfortunately, since that time, we’ve all witnessed how this sinister virus is impacting our families, our communities and our national past time, football. We continue to have a daunting task ahead of us, but we are encouraged by everyday acts of kindness, resolution, and humanity that we are all sharing as we get through this together. Even though these are frightening times for us all, we remain optimistic that together we will defeat this virus and we will once again be in the terracing cheering on our squad. As we go into the Easter weekend it is more important than ever that we take care of each other make sure that all of our loved ones are held close – even though we have to keep our distance. As we stated before we are truly all in this together, and as such, we will get through this together.

This Wednesday past we received the SPFL board proposal to end the season, and within the meeting we had our first discussions around the merits of the proposal. We have since had a very close look at the SPFL’s proposal and taken advice on it in the first instance. First, we would like to say we appreciate all of the efforts by the SPFL executive, board, and staff for putting together such a comprehensive plan in such a short period of time. We also appreciate all of the discussion with the other member clubs who have been open and honest with their opinions of the proposal.

As we all know, clubs are struggling at the moment. Currently we are all in the same boat; similarly we have all been helped by selfless acts of compassion and thoughtfulness to keep our clubs ticking over. In contrast to so much positivity and support, the language in the current proposal condemns clubs to be financially worse off than they already are as we sit here today. This has been difficult to accept. The SPFL Board and Executive freely admit that they focused on the sporting merit of the proposal and did not take into consideration any financial fall out to their member clubs. We believe that any proposal presented should be comprehensive and consider the sporting AND financial implications for the member clubs.

Fundamentally, we believe that in these exceptional and uncertain times, no member club should be worse off as a result of this proposal than they are today. The current proposal will see member clubs cumulatively have in the region of £3.5-£4 million pounds of lost revenue. This loss of revenue will land at a time when clubs are coming out of the crisis and striving to get back to normalcy. We can’t imagine that any member club would intend to cause such harm to colleagues; indeed, in the face of a world-wide crisis we should all be helping each other get through these difficult times. It is a time for integrity and impartiality, which we have been witnessing every day throughout society and should be the same in football.

Amongst the member clubs there have been numerous discussions of the SPFL’s offer as well as viable, equitable proposed alternatives that could see potentially a neutral outcome for all clubs involved if the season cannot be finished. In all cases, current placement monies could be distributed to the member clubs in very short order while maintaining all SPFL obligations. Make no mistake; we would have to work quickly and diligently to ensure that members’ current needs are met and that the democratic process is followed, but it is achievable.

From all of us at Dundee Football Club, please stay safe and healthy – and stay at home. We must support our NHS, frontline workers, essential workers, and all of their families. We wish all of you well and look forward to seeing you when we come through this crisis together.

There’s nothing to be confused about.

The corruption has been revealed in all its squalid detail.

Meanwhile, the mhedia try desperately to fool their few remaining readers.
I just can’t get my head round how an electronic mail can be sent, received, but not registered.

It was received but just hasn’t been accepted. Their vote doesn’t seem to count because of what the SPFL perceive to be ambiguities in their subsequent statement.
A vote is a vote? When I vote in an election, I can then go into Facebook and tell the world, it does not spoil my ballot though. Even more confused now.

I just can’t get my head round how an electronic mail can be sent, received, but not registered.

We’ve had several warnings down the years.

The cancellation of a Celtic-Rangers match on the spurious grounds of Phil O’Donnell’s death and the subsequent refusal to extend the season in any meaningful way after Rangers reached the UEFA Cup final was one pointer about what was to come.

I believe, though, the attempt to induce Charles Green to surrender 5 titles and 10 cup honours in return for Second Tier football was about as corrupt as it gets. In the end the SFA and SPL couldn’t deliver (the SFL dug it’s heels in) but they made this ‘offer‘ believing Green to be as bent as Whyte. Maybe he was, but he wasn’t bothered about which league Rangers played in.

What we’ve seen in the past few days is simply a continuation. The same old figures - Blair, Doncaster, McKenzie - are still there. Now we’ve got even more stooges to confront with Murdoch McLellan at the top.

A vote is a vote? When I vote in an election, I can then go into Facebook and tell the world, it does not spoil my ballot though. Even more confused now.
A vote is only a vote in the SPFL world though if its how they want you to vote. They’re not accepting Dundee’s vote and working on them- it’s that simple.

Absolutely sickening what goes on in this country! Years ago there was a grudging respect between the clubs but the bigots from the east end have finished that.

We’ve had several warnings down the years.

The cancellation of a Celtic-Rangers match on the spurious grounds of Phil O’Donnell’s death and the subsequent refusal to extend the season in any meaningful way after Rangers reached the UEFA Cup final was one pointer about what was to come.

I believe, though, the attempt to induce Charles Green to surrender 5 titles and 10 cup honours in return for Second Tier football was about as corrupt as it gets. In the end the SFA and SPL couldn’t deliver (the SFL dug it’s heels in) but they made this ‘offer‘ believing Green to be as bent as Whyte. Maybe he was, but he wasn’t bothered about which league Rangers played in.

What we’ve seen in the past few days is simply a continuation. The same old figures - Blair, Doncaster, McKenzie - are still there. Now we’ve got even more stooges to confront with Murdoch McLellan at the top.

It would seem we “are nailed to the floor “.

Just like we were told we would be.

Back