Updated Rangers Statement - SPFL’s legal adviser deems Rangers' Members Resolution as incompetent, other clubs being bullied

So the SPFL has a little over 3 weeks to force league reconstruction to entice a yes vote from Inverness. I'd argue that if the league structure changes before the vote is in a whole a new vote is required

So, as per 2012, it seems they're making up the rules as they go along, Scottish football is corrupt as f**k.

Seriously thinking about whether l renew for next season, scunnered with the mentally challenged stranglehold within Scottish football, l mean what's the point?

they done the exact same when they wanted all clubs under spfl kept having another vote until they got the result they wanted.how can this be legal.its obvious any no votes were kept aside and pressure applied to get them to change their vote to yes.

As much as they will again try and bully other clubs we must try and empower clubs to think for themselves and be brave enough to stand firm or vote no .

Im not one for statements but we must follow up on the fact that they have tried to severly fu ck us and others over today

Putting the results of voting in the public domain before the final vote is cast is rigging 101

Legally we could surely argue that releasing the results before the vote is over prejudiced the results.

Another own goal by dodgy Doncaster

The problem with reconstruction is if they expand I imagine it’ll be difficult for rangers v them games to be played 4 times I imagine . Which SFA categorically needs for financial purposes. Maybe I’m being silly

My reading is ICT are bargaining with Celtic I mean the SFA I mean Celtic. Give us a 14 team premier league or we vote it down. deadlines are ignored. Sporting Integrity out the window.
The deadline has not been ignored stop posting misinformation

As for the 14 team league.

In my opinion we should vote against that. It would still give them a tainted title and all it would do it cut prize money.

Don't see how that's the answer at all.

Can anyone in laymen's terms tell me what the f*CK is going on?

The SPFL proposed a plan to end the lower 3 leagues based on average points and give some time to discuss reconstruction of the leagues. That hands Celtic the title because the precedent would be set before the same plan would be voted on for the top flight league.

Rangers countered that with an alternative plan not to do that but to distribute prize money to allow clubs to keep operating in the interim period until it is clearer what will happen with Coronavirus, Social Restrictions and the plan to restart football across Europe.

The SPFL received our proposal but stalled on it, then decided there was legal errors which meant it could not be voted on, but discussed that with other clubs without consulting Rangers. The word got back to Stewart Robertson and James Blair who then queried that issue with the SPFL at 10:17pm last night but Rod McKenzie (SPFL lawyer) did not reply or clarify what needed done before today's SPFL board meeting.

Meantime the SPFL resolution was meant to be decided today because the clubs had been given the deadline of 5pm Friday to vote. The SPFL have then said that it is technically 28 days to vote and because some clubs have either abstained or not voted yet (1 in L1&L2, 1 in the Championship and 1 in the Premiership), they have not declared the vote results even though they published the results as of 5pm.

The SPFL have acted in the most corrupt, underhand and goalpost-moving way so far. They're making it up as they go along to force the issue of declaring Celtic as champions with reconstruction to save Hearts and promote Dundee United.

The problem with reconstruction is if they expand I imagine it’ll be difficult for rangers v them games to be played 4 times I imagine . Which SFA categorically needs for financial purposes. Maybe I’m being silly

Right. Sky would have to approve any reconstruction. And the SPFL have already said that they must protect their fancy new tv deal at all costs, so reconstruction looks fraught with difficulty.

Inverness and Partick voted no.
it is Dundee who are outstanding and the SPFL will be currently bribing them as Dundee will realise they are in a very strong negotiating position.
SPFL are a disgrace announcing the position before the poll was finished

Where's the info coming from? A reliable source or Whatsapp? :)

As for the 14 team league.

In my opinion we should vote against that. It would still give them a tainted title and all it would do it cut prize money.

Don't see how that's the answer at all.
If the vote to reconstruct the PL requires 11 votes in favour, we could be painted as the bad guy going against consensus, hamstringing lower league clubs from getting a payout and at the same time voting against a proposal ‘to improve the product’.

It stinks.

it is Dundee who are outstanding and the SPFL will be currently bribing them as Dundee will realise they are in a very strong negotiating position.
Interesting, reliable ?

Did Dundee not release a statement with words to the effect of it being financially detrimental to member clubs?

Dundee are 3rd in the championship so cant really be bribed by league construction. Interesting if it is them

Right. Sky would have to approve any reconstruction. And the SPFL have already said that they must protect their fancy new tv deal at all costs, so reconstruction looks fraught with difficulty.

Guess who gets the 2 home games? Hint they run the SPFL.

Back