Updated Rangers Statement - SPFL’s legal adviser deems Rangers' Members Resolution as incompetent, other clubs being bullied

If the vote to reconstruct the PL requires 11 votes in favour, we could be painted as the bad guy going against consensus, hamstringing lower league clubs from getting a payout and at the same time voting against a proposal ‘to improve the product’.

It stinks.

Prior to the ‘result’ coming out they were promising a 21 day consultation period on reconstruction. Plenty time to vote through Rangers proposal to release funds prior to that once our resooution has been deemed competent. We should/could be the ‘good guys’ in this.

There is no way Sky will agree to less old firm games per season so league reconstruction won't happen in my opinion.

There will have to be a really ridiculous split half way through, which clubs have already voted against before because supporters don't know what they are buying at the start of the season.

Don't know how to post a picture. The lad dickson from the BBC saying the missing vote was sent but not received. Still expecting it to be a no so would see this put to bed, for now

So us and Hearts have voted against it, yet the SPFL say 10 Premiership sides have voted in favour.

What the fuck is going on?

If the vote to reconstruct the PL requires 11 votes in favour, we could be painted as the bad guy going against consensus, hamstringing lower league clubs from getting a payout and at the same time voting against a proposal ‘to improve the product’.

It stinks.

This is the narrative being developed. We are hindering the process and halting much-needed payments being issued.

The problem with Scottish football is that it is viewed through the prism of two clubs and always a for/against scenario. The Rangers proposal seems even-handed and fair yet there are some who won't contemplate it because of its origin.

@JordanC1107

Head is fried. I know Aberdeen and Hibs came out in support of it but there is only one no voted counted and two teams saying they voted no so I’m not taking a statement as meaning they’ve actually submitted it. That’s how farcical the whole thing is.

Prior to the ‘result’ coming out they were promising a 21 day consultation period on reconstruction. Plenty time to vote through Rangers proposal to release funds prior to that once our resooution has been deemed competent. We should/could be the ‘good guys’ in this.

Absolutely.

This is merely an attempt to rally all those in favour to exert pressure on the abstainer so they can have access to their cash sooner.

This 28 day deadline could take us to mid may. Then if they try to put a restructuring proposal/resolution then that would be subject to a 3 week consultation period - then the vote would be subject to the same 28 days taking us to mid July.

No chance restructuring can happen.

Fucking embarrassing stuff, could of even just waited 24 hours to publish results but no, and now it’s coming out that hearts did in fact vote and somebody just hasn’t checked the junk folder in their emails so what they published was wrong. How fucking amateur can you get. No wonder we are labelled a Mickey Mouse league.

What happens if this is ratified ? It will go against UEFA instructions to declare league champions without concluding the season.

Today's resolution was designed to circumvent the UEFA instructions/warnings while passing control of this issue to the SPFL/Celtic and guaranteeing a league champion will be declared at a later date, i.e. Celtic.

So the deadline was 28 days?
Yes, 28 days. It is a written resolution of shareholders and, under section 297 of the Companies Act 2006, shareholders have 28 days to vote. Here the request was, presumably, made to nonetheless vote by 5pm today but that request is entirely non binding.

The 28 day rule is irrelevant here though. Dundee voted and the SPFL "lost" the vote.

Find the sent email and add it to the results.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the vote went missing deliberately to buy Doncaster and Lawwell time to try and bribe Dundee to change their mind.

Of course it has.

You can't lose an email, you delete it, it goes into a deleted folder and you can still retrive it ffs :D

Even Kim Jong Un wouldn't be this brazen with corruption :))

The SFA/SPFL are honestly unbelievable they gave a ludicrous deadline and when it didn’t got there way all of a sudden they mention o by the way it’s actually 28 days you have to vote in actual fact I doubt they cared to share that fact with the other clubs until they had to, utter shambles, complete embarrassment again

This is an absolute shambles. How can the people at the top getting paid the big bucks make such an arse of all of this? I think we all know the answer...

Back