Updated UEFA Country Coefficient Breakdown

Stanley Yelnats

Good start for Scotland.

D_OhPzHXUAAsbP_

Next season I believe the changes come in from being 20th (this season based on 26th). No big changes as far as I’m away with the exception of 2nd/cup winner starting in EL Q2.

Meh. Lets simplify it.
Win league = shot at champions league

That is what should happen, but I don't think we would be complaining much if we actually fulfilled out full potential - It wasn't that long ago that we were consistently in and around the top 10. In reality, Scottish football only really has itself to blame for the shite ranking we currently possess.

It all stems from making poor decisions in regards to TV deals(Setanta/PremierSports) meaning we are now seriously undervalued, therefore the standard of player is lower than it should be. However, the most important factor is bigotry almost destroying Scottish football by ensuring we got demoted to the bottom tier, when placing us into Division 1 would have been a far better solution in all regards.

No real reason why strong rangers and strong them can't get the league coefficient as high as 10th, with multiple champs league prizes

Strategically this should be Scottish footballs aim but I'd be astounded if anyone at the SFA has a strategic action plan to assist that process.

No real reason why strong rangers and strong them can't get the league coefficient as high as 10th, with multiple champs league prizes

Strategically this should be Scottish footballs aim but I'd be astounded if anyone at the SFA has a strategic action plan to assist that process.

Scottish football needs a further revamp, but we all know that wont happen until after the on-going court cases and potential legal action against Celtic. The revamp will be used as a deflector shield to take any media attention away from them.

That is what should happen, but I don't think we would be complaining much if we actually fulfilled out full potential - It wasn't that long ago that we were consistently in and around the top 10. In reality, Scottish football only really has itself to blame for the shite ranking we currently possess.

It all stems from making poor decisions in regards to TV deals(Setanta/PremierSports) meaning we are now seriously undervalued, therefore the standard of player is lower than it should be. However, the most important factor is bigotry almost destroying Scottish football by ensuring we got demoted to the bottom tier, when placing us into Division 1 would have been a far better solution in all regards.
Exactly right.

The SFA dont want the coefficient up so us and them or any two SPFL can be the CL. The want it up so that the national team can get a better draw in qualifiers. The problem is they don't realise if they help the clubs they will help themselves in turn.

I have no problem with fixtures being moved for any team in Scotland to help them have a better prep and chance if getting to the next round of competitions. But unfortunately they dont give equal consideration. 2008 proved that and nothing has changed.

Fully expect a similar points tally next week although the sheep might bottle it away.
Yeah the sheep are the only problem. Hopefully everyone wins and we go up again. But unfortunately our points get divided by the amount of teams that originally entered, so the sheep and killing going out early will effect whatever us and them do later on, which is a shame

Last year Scotland got 6.7 odd coefficient points which is probably as good as it gets.

Multiply that by 4 once we cleanse the bad years out and we could be between 10-15 on the list.

12th or so is probably a realistic target.

Last year Scotland got 6.7 odd coefficient points which is probably as good as it gets.

Multiply that by 4 once we cleanse the bad years out and we could be between 10-15 on the list.

But the europa league 2 is coming out in a few seasons. So who knows what that will bring in to effect

If both us and them are in europa league we should both be aiming to qualify. Being in pot 4 when we make it is artificially low for us. So this would put the coefficiency up higher.

Last season Scotland finished 10th in the standings so it's definitely a realistic aim.

Unfortunately it’s always been the case that the hammer throwers outwith us and the paedos have consistently failed to gain enough results in Europe to help the coefficient.
Then you demote one of the big hitters to the bottom tier and mission ‘hate yourself to death’ is complete for a considerable amount of time at least.

We need some progressive thinkers in the game,instead we’re landed with the paedo pete mafia,his bum buddy Petrie and the rest of the minions on their knees begging for whatever scraps are left.

It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so horrendously awful.

Last season Scotland finished 10th in the standings so it's definitely a realistic aim.

This was done to death the other day, but we were only 10th because hibs actually got 4 points, if they got papped out in the 1st round like Aberdeen we would have come 16th (with ~5.6)

As a nation we have only ever got more than the 6.75 we got last season 3 times since the competition was invented although you do get slightly more points in qualifying rounds now (7.375 when they reached the final, 7.375 when they reached the quarters & 10.250 the year we reached the final) our year being the outlier because Aberdeen reached the last 32 and they reached last 16 CL

This was done to death the other day, but we were only 10th because hibs actually got 4 points, if they got papped out in the 1st round like Aberdeen we would have come 16th (with ~5.6)

As a nation we have only ever got more than the 6.75 we got last season 3 times since the competition was invented although you do get slightly more points in qualifying rounds now (7.375 when they reached the final, 7.375 when they reached the quarters & 10.250 the year we reached the final) our year being the outlier because Aberdeen reached the last 32 and they reached last 16 CL
Aberdeen drew Burnley in the 2nd round.

They're very likely to win 4 games this year. Killie will win the 2 this round and probably get scudded by Partizan.

Aberdeen drew Burnley in the 2nd round.

They're very likely to win 4 games this year. Killie will win the 2 this round and probably get scudded by Partizan.
I don't know after Aberdeen losing that late away goal last night i wouldn't be sure of them making it through as a cert

I don't know after Aberdeen losing that late away goal last night i wouldn't be sure of them making it through as a cert
Fair, but by all accounts ROPS (what a name btw) didn't look up to much.

If they do win, they'll almost certainly beat Fola Esch.

Fair, but by all accounts ROPS (what a name btw) didn't look up to much.

If they do win, they'll almost certainly beat Fola Esch.
I never seen it or ready any reports on there game 2-1 is one of those scores you see and think it must of been tight. They have beaten that fola before have they not?

All that needs to happen is Aberdeen win next week, Killie win at home next week and then Aberdeen get one more draw against the Georgians and that's already marched.

I never seen it or ready any reports on there game 2-1 is one of those scores you see and think it must of been tight. They have beaten that fola before have they not?
They were apparently a piece better than ROPS and then got slack the last five minutes.

Fola lost 2-1 at home to a Georgian side so it won't likely be them that Aberdeen would play.

Four wins next week, which is realistic, and we are on two points. Aberdeen have a realistic chance of making the third round and then it's up to ourselves and the manky mob.

Four wins next week, which is realistic, and we are on two points. Aberdeen have a realistic chance of making the third round and then it's up to ourselves and the manky mob.
Assuming the following:

Killie:
Win next week
Lose next 2 vs Partizan

Aberdeen:
Win next week
Draw vs Georgian team away
Win vs Georgian team at home
Lose next 2 in R3

That would be a contribution of 0.500 to the coefficient from Killie, and 0.875 (I think) from Aberdeen.

So you're on 1.375 already before even accounting for Rangers and Celtics results.

It's too difficult to project us and Celtics results - could see us getting knocked out in R3 by the likes of Wolves, or reaching the last 32. And Celtic could easily get scudded by just about any team that has a competent left winger.

We also need to get our own coefficient up massively ours is currently 5.250. Theirs is 31.000. This means they will definitely be seeded for all 4 rounds of their champions league qualifiers if they make it that far.

We also need to get our own coefficient up massively ours is currently 5.250. Theirs is 31.000. This means they will definitely be seeded for all 4 rounds of their champions league qualifiers if they make it that far.
my question is what will it take Scottish sides to avoid doing 4 qualifiers ?

my question is what will it take Scottish sides to avoid doing 4 qualifiers ?

Getting to 15th means 2 spots in the CL with 3 in the EL, with 1 team starting in QR3 and 2 in QR2.

17th would get 1 CL spot and 3 in the EL but 1 team starting in QR3, 1 in QR2 and 1 in QR1.

If we have another season like last season there's a decent chance we'll get to 17th this year and 15th next year if performances keep up. We do need to rely on the other countries around us slipping up a bit to reach 15th though.

Celtic out at the earliest opportunity and Kilmarnock and sheep shaggers out in the 4th round for me

Back