Updates to RTV

I don't seem to have any e-mails from RTV.

I tried to log-in on computer, but the 'RTV log-in' tab doesn't seem to do anything.
I then tried on my phone and it's saying it doesn't recognise my email address.

Looks like I'm going to have to sign-up again later, but I won't get my laptop with VPN until about an hour before kick-off! We've just had a winter break - why wait until today to change all this stuff!?

This may explain why I got an email yesterday saying my subscription was cancelled. I emailed them last night to ask why and to re-enable it and got an email today saying thanks for your subscription.
Need to check I can logon now.

I've just logged in and it sent me an email to change my password which was simple enough.

I logged back in and the site looks good apart from the overlay menu which hopefully wont cause issues when I log in on firefox browser thru firestick to watch the game later

Looks like the new update is live going by the way it looks when you go to the homepage.

However, it doesn't recognise my email address when logging in. Even though I double checked it yesterday to make sure that they had the correct email for me.

Looks as though tonight's game is on but hard to see how to purchase (I think).
Had exactly the same problem and also can’t see how you pay for tonight’s match as an individual match

I've just logged in and it sent me an email to change my password which was simple enough.

I logged back in and the site looks good apart from the overlay menu which hopefully wont cause issues when I log in on firefox browser thru firestick to watch the game later
Same process for me took about two minutes to get new password and log back in

I’ve reset my password and now logging in with my email and new password. Checked my account details and my full annual subscription is showing as still active.
However, every time I try to play any video it keeps telling me I need to subscribe to Rangers TV, even though I’m already logged into my full active subscription. I’m trying it on iPhone because I’m at work and no access to my computer at home. Anyone had any luck actually having your subscription recognised and played a video?

My email address wasn’t recognised so I’ve just re-registered and paid for the Stranraer game. When you select ‘live’ the video option is greyed out. It might be fine but I’m pre-empting issues.

I’ve reset my password and now logging in with my email and new password. Checked my account details and my full annual subscription is showing as still active.
However, every time I try to play any video it keeps telling me I need to subscribe to Rangers TV, even though I’m already logged into my full active subscription. I’m trying it on iPhone because I’m at work and no access to my computer at home. Anyone had any luck actually having your subscription recognised and played a video?

Quick update, seems the new site hates Safari on iPhone. Just tried switching to Chrome on the iPhone and the videos are playing. Still got that annoying unmute button in the top left corner though. Why not just have the sound come on automatically?

Login window not opening,tried to register but saying my details are already in use,I have ultimate package. Help

My email address wasn’t recognised so I’ve just re-registered and paid for the Stranraer game. When you select ‘live’ the video option is greyed out. It might be fine but I’m pre-empting issues.
I'll be very pleasantly surprised if it isn't a complete shambles tonight.

Bloody hell

G9IbuCs.png

Oh no, 30s of your life wasted.

I knew there'd be some smart arse retort. But yeah, it's not unreasonable for a paying customer to expect that when something new is rolled out, the customer shouldn't be inconvinienced by that.

Just because it's Rangers you don't have to act like it isn't a pain in the arse to re-sign up.

Tried playing Nico Katic On the Spot video after doing successfully doing password reset and the page is taking forever to load on Safari. Need to check different browser.

Re-registered and it says I dont have a subscription and haven't bought anything in twelve months. News to me! here was me thinking the £17 a month that comes out was for top subscription for the last two to three years

Shambles.

Quick update, seems the new site hates Safari on iPhone. Just tried switching to Chrome on the iPhone and the videos are playing. Still got that annoying unmute button in the top left corner though. Why not just have the sound come on automatically?

Same issue here although it's happening with Safari on a MacBook for me. Plays fine via the default browser on my Android phone.

Looks like the new price is £24 per month but existing subs are being kept at £17.25 for now. Mine shows up as "hidden legacy pricing"

I also tried to reset my password using the e-mail address I signed up with and it said my account does not exist. I also paid for the £5 pm sub, now I have used the same e-mail address and it shows no sub in my account ....... cheers Rangers

Also getting not recognised on my email address.

I'll probably re-register but don't want to end up getting charged twice?

Amateur stuff yet again.

The whole winter break to sort this out, nothing proactive from RTV about changing your password, I need to come on here to find out about it. Joke.

No doubt thousands of people will be scrambling around 15 minutes before kick off tonight with this. I seem to remember a similar thing happened a year or so ago, where password resets were forced on the day of a game with no prior communication from RTV.

OK - just been through it so here's how it went for me.

1. Click on the link below and attempt to login to your RangersTV account AS NORMAL (the login bit is top right on the screen - except on iPhone, where it is top left).

2. Once you've entered your NORMAL login and password it will take you to a new page saying you need to login using your EMAIL address and password. Do so.

3. A new page comes up saying you need to reset your password and asks you to enter your email address. I guess this needs to be the one RangersTV have on record for you. It says if you no longer have access to your registered email address then you need to contact them (I did make a post yesterday suggesting folk update their email address with RangersTV but it didn't garner much attention). You DID make sure you updated your RangersTV details when you got that new email address, didn't you?;)

4. Enter your email address and request the password reset. You will get an email with a link to reset your password. Be sure to check your Junk Mail folder, that's where mine went.

5. Reset your password. If you want to, it will let you use the same password as you used previously.

6. Once logged in you will see your subscription listed - but no card details to make payments. It should also say when, and how much, the next payment is.

7. I suggest you update your card details by entering them.

8. Probably makes sense to then update your personal details and select the box about emails from RangersTV in the future.

9. Logout and then login in again - just to make sure everything is OK - and then logout again.

10. Job done.

EDIT 1: Every video is playing fine for me on desktop pc using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. No lag or slow loading pages on wifi.

EDIT 2: Just tried on iPad using Safari as well. Everything works fine on that as well...except I had to enlarge the video to full screen in order to get the audio on it. No lag or slow loading pages (on wifi). Can't get logged-out though, no matter how many times I hit the logout button. In the end I had to close the page, delete cookies/clear cache. When I re-loaded I was logged-out. Bizarre.

EDIT 3: Tried on iPhone now and everything is working fine there as well, on Safari. No lag or slow-loading pages on wifi, though given the large number of images on each page it might be slower on mobile. Can't get logged-out though, no matter how many times I hit the logout button. In the end I had to close the page, delete cookies/clear cache. When I re-loaded I was logged-out.

EDIT 4: When purchasing individual matches now you need to go to the Subscribe page and the match will be listed there. You now need to have your VPN switched ON in order to purchase an individual match, or indeed, an overseas package. If you don't, you wont even be offered the option to purchase as far as I can see.

Last edited:
Works fine with Chrome on a MacBook but not Safari.

Just to note I got the email not recognised as well but it worked with the original email I registered with, even although I had successfully updated it. Lucky I still had access to the old email address :rolleyes:

I have logged on using my email address rather than old userid and changed my password.
It is now showing a standard annual subscription (£60) which is what I had up until August 2019 when I opened an annual overseas one.
Interestingly it has expiry date of overseas subscription.

Is there a contact email address? Anyone know?

Looks like the new price is £24 per month but existing subs are being kept at £17.25 for now. Mine shows up as "hidden legacy pricing"

Don't get the hidden legacy pricing option even though I've been a subscriber for years. Asking me to renew at the new price of £24.

OK - just been through it so here's how it went for me.

1. Click on the link below and attempt to login to your RangersTV account AS NORMAL (the login bit is top right on the screen).

2. Once you've entered your NORMAL login and password it will take you to a new page saying you need to login using your EMAIL address and password. Do so.

3. A new page comes up saying you need to reset your password and asks you to enter your email address. I guess this needs to be the one RangersTV have on record for you. It says if you no longer have access to your registered email address then you need to contact them (I did make a post yesterday suggesting folk update their email address with RangersTV but it didn't garner much attention). You DID make sure you updated your RangersTV details when you got that new email address, didn't you?;)

4. Enter your email address and request the password reset. You will get an email with a link to reset your password.

5. Reset your password. If you want to, it will let you use the same password as you used previously.

6. Once logged in you will see your subscription listed - but no card details to make payments.

7. Update your card details by entering them in order to keep your existing subscription going.

8. Probably makes sense to then update your personal details and select the box about emails from RangersTV in the future.

9. Logout and then login in again - just to make sure everything is OK - and then logout again.

10. Job done.

EDIT 1: Every video is playing fine for me on desktop pc using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge.

EDIT 2: Just tried on iPad using Safari as well. Everything works fine on that as well...except I had to enlarge the video to full screen in order to get the audio on it. Bizarre.
Just reset and took all of 60 seconds! Says I have a legacy subscription even though I cancelled mine through worldpay last month. Dont see any charge yet on my credit card for renewed subs that I did not want but was gonna sign up today anyway. Job done. Lets hope the stream works ok tonight.

It recognised my account I’ve never had an email.

On login told to reset password. Done.

Pages are very sluggish to load but its the same video player as the old site finished with.

Tried playing Nico Katic On the Spot video after doing successfully doing password reset and the page is taking forever to load on Safari. Need to check different browser.

Chrome worked like a charm on my iphone mate. Don’t know if you’re on mobile or in a Mac, but try Chrome.

Who's idea was it to do this on the day of a game?

The only place I have heard of it as well is on here, no contract from Rangers whatsoever about what we might need to do. Much thanks to the guys explaining what to do but it won't help those of us who's email it doesn't recognise :(

Also fails to update new billing details if you use paypal... doesn't inspire confidence that the app will be any good :(

Back