Updates to RTV

Absolutely crystal clear in HD using Opera

Best picture ive seen by RTV

Opera is perfect for me aswell. It was perfect using the phone app with screen share to the TV as laptop was updating. Laptop now up and running and also perfect. Always had been tbh.

Working a treat on firestick, silk browser. Picture is cracking, fits the screen perfectly without the data shite in the bottom that used to stay on.
Also seems to be working better on iPad through safari. Can log out properly now.
Does look like vpn needs to be left on though. Which is a bit of a pain in the arse.
I cant find the play option on firestick any tips?

Is this legally enforced on the Club? If so, by whom?

They can track by IP address and receive income.
At the moment the club turn a blind eye. There isn’t much they can do anyway as the games are browser based.
With an app that’s completely different as the device and download are location specific and it may be that they are compelled by Skys license to show Scottish football to ensure than nobody with a U.K. based Rangers app can watch the games.

Let’s hope not

At the moment the club turn a blind eye. There isn’t much they can do anyway as the games are browser based.
With an app that’s completely different as the device and download are location specific and it may be that they are compelled by Skys license to show Scottish football to ensure than nobody with a U.K. based Rangers app can watch the games.

Let’s hope not

aye sky/BT/Premier pay for exclusive broadcasting in the UK so the club can't turn around and sell RTV in the UK.....

At the risk of invoking Captain Obvious, we could do with a goal.

Crowded box but we’re a little blunt.

edit wrong thread, sorry.

Let’s hope not

The option to use a browser will still be available after the app launches. Always a way around anything that they implement!

Does anyone know what the hell is happening here ? I got an email from worldpay at 5.40 pm to say I’ve cancelled my rtv subscription or Rangers have . I didn’t cancel it so does that mean the club have ??

Anyone else had this happen today ?

You using the default browser? (Not that there is another one) I have LG but anytime I go to login the pop up doesn’t appear that I can see on phone / laptop?
Yes, built in default browser. Initial page is very slow to load proper, probably 20 seconds or so.

Then used pointer to go to login link at top right of screen.

Hmm, the generic response is appalling. Seen others say similar.

The email address is intriguing though. If you click on the subscribe tab and try to purchase a subscription does it come up and say 'you already have a subscription'. It does on mine. If it doesn't it suggests that either details of your old subscription haven't ported across (you need to contact support again) OR the email address you think you are registered with isn't the one they hold. A poster earlier said his email wasn't recognised - then he tried a different email that he used for WorldPay (who formerly collected subscription) and discovered that was the one he'd used for RangersTV as well.
I checked that but this email address is definitely the one I’ve had correspondence/ password resets etc sent to in the past although I’ve received no recent emails from them about switching over or anything.

I paid an annual unlimited subscribstion and I’ve no idea when this was due to expire or anything as far as I was aware i just paid it every year and had full access up until the switch to the new system.

I’ve probably made things worse for myself now as I’ve re registered with the same email now and paid for the game as it allowed me to do that.

Been dealing with a generic response email from RTV for about 4 emails back and forth now I got a response from someone at RTV who told me they are passing the complaint to the club?

Does anyone know what the hell is happening here ? I got an email from worldpay at 5.40 pm to say I’ve cancelled my rtv subscription or Rangers have . I didn’t cancel it so does that mean the club have ??

Anyone else had this happen today ?
...have you just floated into this thread and managed to read nothing over the last few days? ;)

The club have stopped using WorldPay to collect payment. Everyone's WorldPay subscriptions are being/have been cancelled.

Some subscribers received this email. Others did not. A lot got it in their spam mail.

Further, the new payment provider subscriptions began today. Again, some people got emails, other did not.

If you have a subscription, you have to go to Rangers TV and login. It'll do a password reset, and you can then login to your account. You might have to update or change your payment method at this point.

...have you just floated into this thread and managed to read nothing over the last few days? ;)

The club have stopped using WorldPay to collect payment. Everyone's WorldPay subscriptions are being/have been cancelled.

Some subscribers received this email. Others did not. A lot got it in their spam mail.

Further, the new payment provider subscriptions began today. Again, some people got emails, other did not.

If you have a subscription, you have to go to Rangers TV and login. It'll do a password reset, and you can then login to your account. You might have to update or change your payment method at this point.

FYI - I canceled my WorldPay account today just incase and it hadn’t been cancelled, it was still active.

When i click on the log in button at the top right nothing comes up for me

same for me on LG....got a very helpful response when I emailed them...

Thanks for your email.

RTV works on modern desktops, smartphones and tablets with updated browsers.

Unfortunately we can not guarantee accessibility and quality on your smart TV.

Please get back in touch if you require further assistance.”

I checked that but this email address is definitely the one I’ve had correspondence/ password resets etc sent to in the past although I’ve received no recent emails from them about switching over or anything.

I paid an annual unlimited subscribstion and I’ve no idea when this was due to expire or anything as far as I was aware i just paid it every year and had full access up until the switch to the new system.

I’ve probably made things worse for myself now as I’ve re registered with the same email now and paid for the game as it allowed me to do that.

Been dealing with a generic response email from RTV for about 4 emails back and forth now I got a response from someone at RTV who told me they are passing the complaint to the club?

Just make sure you mention that you paid for tonights game and once the account gets fixed ask for the payment from today refunded

RTV was ine until it began to break up on 26 mins, played about with vpn, got back in on 37 mins. Seems to have gone again ht. Using Nord.

RTV was ine until it began to break up on 26 mins, played about with vpn, got back in on 37 mins. Seems to have gone again ht. Using Nord.

Mine just went, had to change VPN location - not sure if it came back cause of that or just came back on its own

Don't want to read through the whole thread. Could someone give me a low down? I'm locked out of my account and they say my email isn't associated with an account

Tonight is the first time I’ve had problems with RTV.

Picture keeps cutting out and I’ve had to logout and back in to restart it.

Mine had been working fine all day. Was streaming the game no bother, odd buffer here and there, then it all went tits up before Arfield scored.
I’ve stuck up for it, stuck by it, but I’ve had it.
Won’t be renewing next year. Unfortunately.
Not right that there are more stable, reliable and way cheaper alternatives out there when I want to spend good money on the club. Crazy.

Don't want to read through the whole thread. Could someone give me a low down? I'm locked out of my account and they say my email isn't associated with an account

You need to register again and subscribe. Make sure you log in with a vpn (unless you’re actually abroad). But you will be on the higher price. Or you’ll need to email them and complain. Depends if you want access to the game right now or not.

Back