Updates to RTV

RTV on worldwide annual subscription. 25Mb broadband. Last night was firestick hardwired to my router. NordVPN through Netherlands. Watched on Silk browser, changed from auto to 720p.
Like I said, was fine all day, odd buffer. Ignoring the fact I never got an email from them telling me I had to register again with new details.
Was going well, occasional buffer he e and there, but I can live with that. Then it just stopped. Just before Arfields goal.
Watched it on premier sports, same set up, same bandwidth, no problem.
Have had it now for 3 years. It’s never just worked. Always been a bad user experience.
I appreciate the fact it’s not really designed for use in the UK. But I know, you know and Rangers know it happens. People use it with a VPN’s so it’s a good wee earner for the club.
The new player is worse in my experience, I liked the fact that I could switch the vpn off as soon as the stream started. That’s changed now. Vpn has to be left on all the time. I work offshore. Half my life is spent on a platform that won’t let us use a vpn.
The customer service is a disgrace, no communication.
I want to give them my money and have done for a while but not anymore.
No matter what I play it on, iPad, laptop hooked up to the tv, firestick, you’re always waiting for something to go wrong. And t generally does.
So, might not only be the fault of big, bad rangersTv but if they want to keep customers, because that’s what we are, at a time when alternative streams are cheaper, easier and more reliable than what I am currently paying for, then they better sort themselves out sharpish.
Can identify with this. RTV is frustrating as feck. As you say, you are just waiting for something to go wrong, and it inevitably does. And, its only the live games, the on demand stuff runs faultless so long as you dont try and watch it as soon as it comes on stream. Its as if the system cant cope with peak use.

i've canned mine for now. Got an email saying my payment option wasnt up to date (it was) tried to update and got a 404 error.

RTV on worldwide annual subscription. 25Mb broadband. Last night was firestick hardwired to my router. NordVPN through Netherlands. Watched on Silk browser, changed from auto to 720p.
Like I said, was fine all day, odd buffer. Ignoring the fact I never got an email from them telling me I had to register again with new details.
Was going well, occasional buffer he e and there, but I can live with that. Then it just stopped. Just before Arfields goal.
Watched it on premier sports, same set up, same bandwidth, no problem.
Have had it now for 3 years. It’s never just worked. Always been a bad user experience.
I appreciate the fact it’s not really designed for use in the UK. But I know, you know and Rangers know it happens. People use it with a VPN’s so it’s a good wee earner for the club.
The new player is worse in my experience, I liked the fact that I could switch the vpn off as soon as the stream started. That’s changed now. Vpn has to be left on all the time. I work offshore. Half my life is spent on a platform that won’t let us use a vpn.
The customer service is a disgrace, no communication.
I want to give them my money and have done for a while but not anymore.
No matter what I play it on, iPad, laptop hooked up to the tv, firestick, you’re always waiting for something to go wrong. And t generally does.
So, might not only be the fault of big, bad rangersTv but if they want to keep customers, because that’s what we are, at a time when alternative streams are cheaper, easier and more reliable than what I am currently paying for, then they better sort themselves out sharpish.

I agree. Its pathetic.

i've canned mine for now. Got an email saying my payment option wasnt up to date (it was) tried to update and got a 404 error.

They know there’s an issue with their PayPal link, you can add a card though (although doesn't look worth keeping right now tbh)

I had to pay for last night’s match, even though I’ve paid the annual subscription. I’ve emailed them to ensure that I can watch future matches without paying.
They’ve asked me to provide evidence that I took out the annual subscription. I’ve sent them the confirmation email from July last year, and they replied that they’ve passed the details to a Rangers to investigate. Looks like they’ve got some major issues with the new system.

Seventeen pages is too much to read through - I've had no communication at any point from RTV and it's saying my email is not recognised when trying to log in. Do I need to re register and set up a new account?

I’ve emailed them to ask if I will continue to pay £17.25 per month with my credit card instead of through worldpay .

As of yet no response .

Seventeen pages is too much to read through - I've had no communication at any point from RTV and it's saying my email is not recognised when trying to log in. Do I need to re register and set up a new account?

Depends mate. If you have a current running subscription - might be an annual one paid in advance or an ongoing monthly one - then you run the risk of losing money if you start a new subscription. If that’s the case, I’d persevere in contacting the new support email address:

rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

I’ve emailed them to ask if I will continue to pay £17.25 per month with my credit card instead of through worldpay .

As of yet no response .

My understanding is that they have ditched WorldPay. I doubt they will now collect the subs themselves but will have a new agency to do so. They are supposedly migrating payment details across.

If you are lucky your account will show you are on the monthly (legacy) contract at £17.25 per month. That’s what it should show. Obviously that is going to increase to £24 per month at some point. I’m hoping for those on the legacy contract that they delay that until the Summer. Wishful thinking perhaps.

They didn’t give any instructions to enter new payment details in My Account but I’ve done so - because I wanted to see what would happen LOL. There should be no need unless your payment card has changed.

As of yet no response .

Someone else posted that all World Pay payments would be stopped, to be on the safe side I logged into world pay and cancelled my continuous payment.
I then added my card to the new site, the new provider emailed me yesterday to say old provider hadn’t transferred the payments over to them.

My understanding is that they have ditched WorldPay. I doubt they will now collect the subs themselves but will have a new agency to do so. They are supposedly migrating payment details across.

If you are lucky your account will show you are on the monthly (legacy) contract at £17.25 per month. That’s what it should show. Obviously that is going to increase to £24 per month at some point. I’m hoping for those on the legacy contract that they delay that until the Summer. Wishful thinking perhaps.

They didn’t give any instructions to enter new payment details in My Account but I’ve done so - because I wanted to see what would happen LOL. There should be no need unless your payment card has changed.

I asked them yesterday if my payments would continue as normal and they replied:

No you'd need to enter them in again, I know its a pain but the previous provider didn't transfer them over so we need you to enter them in again

WorldPay, like PayPal, are recognisable platforms so why would they change ?

For me, it doesn't matter whether £17.25 or £24.00 per month but what does matter is the quality of the service which currently, even as recently as last night ( 17th January ) was diabolical and yes I appreciate that others may have had alternative experiences !

No problems whatsoever changing my password and logging in, pay through worldpay as well.
I don't know why there are so many problems for everyone.

mine does say legacy account until July 2020 but I’ve no idea if the monthly payments will just continue

I asked them yesterday if my payments would continue as normal and they replied:
mine does say legacy account until July 2020 but I’ve no idea if the monthly payments will just continue

The initial email - the only one I’ve received - intimated, at least in my interpretation, that payments would transfer over and continue. Sounds like that’s not @BWO experience and if it’s the same for everyone then they need to get the word out. As I said earlier, my account shows me on the legacy monthly sub. I took the ‘precaution’ of entering my card details but not everyone will be comfortable with that unless instructed, by RangersTV, to do so.

to be honest, think it's the end of the road for RTV for me. I didn't have an email on my subscription, so only option is resubscribing at the new £24 per month.

The £240 for the year is £20 per month, but has to be paid in a lump sum, but no danger I'm doing that with the ropey quality + dodgy VPN proposition.

Someone needs their jotters for the haphazard cutover as well - just a complete disregard for paying customers.

The initial email - the only one I’ve received - intimated, at least in my interpretation, that payments would transfer over and continue. Sounds like that’s not @BWO experience and if it’s the same for everyone then they need to get the word out. As I said earlier, my account shows me on the legacy monthly sub. I took the ‘precaution’ of entering my card details but not everyone will be comfortable with that unless instructed, by RangersTV, to do so.

FYI

I received 2 emails from RTV and took the following out as a 'Note to Self' :-

1. expect to see a cancellation notice of your current monthly subscription,
but don't worry, your regular payments will continue on the usual date each month.
You'll also be able to

2. update your payment details directly within your account page, and

3. choose to pay by card or by Paypal.

... I'm going to wait till closer to my payment date for the 'cancellation notice'

and perhaps avoid the problem BWO experienced ...

I have not been notified of any increase on monthly payments unless it has been posted somewhere. 18 to 24 is quite a jump about 25%. As I said this was crazy planning to do it on a matchday. If they had switched on Monday they would have had a full working week to sort out all the problems. As a bear abroad I will be keeping it but they really have to sort out all problems and and should have had everything ready before the transfer. In saying that there are always problems you don't envisage.

I have not been notified of any increase on monthly payments unless it has been posted somewhere. 18 to 24 is quite a jump about 25%. As I said this was crazy planning to do it on a match-day. If they had switched on Monday they would have had a full working week to sort out all the problems. As a bear abroad I will be keeping it but they really have to sort out all problems and and should have had everything ready before the transfer. In saying that there are always problems you don't envisage.

Can you check the math(s) again mate ? :oops:

When I look at the cost per game over the season I can't complain and I won't - even if it does go up to £24/month. It's chicken feed compared to what a season ticket holder pays (& I don't have to eat the pies :eek:).
I get it in my living-room in 1080dpi, without a VPN, 4000 miles from Ibrox. (even if I have to get up @ 5am occasionally)
Any computer issues (& I have seen a few in the last 10 years :rolleyes:) are minimal nowadays ...

I have not been notified of any increase on monthly payments unless it has been posted somewhere. 18 to 24 is quite a jump about 25%. As I said this was crazy planning to do it on a matchday. If they had switched on Monday they would have had a full working week to sort out all the problems. As a bear abroad I will be keeping it but they really have to sort out all problems and and should have had everything ready before the transfer. In saying that there are always problems you don't envisage.

Ongoing subscribers haven’t been told of any increase yet but for new subscribers the £5pm package has increased to £6, for example, and I believe the monthly £17.25 has increased to £24. It’s only a matter of time until those increases roll-out to current subscribers. It would be nice if they left it until Summer but I won’t hold my breath. To put it in context the pay-per-match costs went up from circa £5 to £7.99 per game last Summer. Anyone paying attention knew it was coming and that it would be a significant increase. First increase in the 2 years I’ve been with RangersTV. I wonder when the last increase actually was before this?

I have a theory about the timing. Match day was madness as you suggest. We’ve been having problems with the official site - not just RangersTV - since just before Christmas. I reckon the plan was to do it over the break but they’ve run into problems testing it and hence the delay. Only a theory and a large slice of giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
In the past year I have cancelled my sky and Bt Sports so I am only paying a fraction of the cost of what I used to pay.

I think the increase was inevitable and to be honest worth it if it’s going to make the experience better.

Has anyone with an "expired" subscription managed to get it reactivated at all, or is everyone having to resubscribe and just accept the price increase?

I have just e-mailed them a lot of info and a screenshot to try and sort out the problem. I have no problem on android or my wife's i-phone it is on my PC that I have the problem. I have the idea that the problem may be in the cookies but have to review my passwords before clearing all cookies.

FYI

I received 2 emails from RTV and took the following out as a 'Note to Self' :-

1. expect to see a cancellation notice of your current monthly subscription,
but don't worry, your regular payments will continue on the usual date each month.
You'll also be able to

2. update your payment details directly within your account page, and

3. choose to pay by card or by Paypal.

... I'm going to wait till closer to my payment date for the 'cancellation notice'

and perhaps avoid the problem BWO experienced ...
Got the first of those email today about the cancellation from worldpay - payment is due tomorrow so we will see

Neither have I - it's called Legacy when I go into my payments and look at my account. I can sort of justify the 17.25 when I think of the individual costs of buying games I cant get to or aren't on TV. 24 quid is harder to justify

Not sure about putting my payment details in yet anyone else done this yet and did it work ok?
I updated mine with no issue. Some people were having issues with the Paypal page getting stuck, but the card route seems to be no issue at all.

This is the company behind the new service, they're taking the payment too: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04206916

Looks like they've got a lot of capital behind them, wonder what other streaming sites they're doing.

What is the cost of the yearly subscription for overseas now for full access?
£24 a month is a big jump, especially in those months where there are few games

£24 per month seems to be the new monthly Unlimited subscriber rate when you visit the website.

When was the last increase? Been £17.25 for all of my two years and more. The per-game rate went up from circa £5 to circa £8 last Summer so the big increase - and it is substantial - was not unexpected by anyone who's been paying attention. I've ditched BT Sport and Sky goes on 29 Feb so that's my RangersTV paid for. Easy for me as I can afford it and I very, very rarely have an issue with the stream. Less so for those who are struggling financially or who have issues streaming (though, as I've often said, I'm convinced those are at the user end). £24 for a good quality stream of every Rangers game or more than that just to Sky alone when I watch maybe 6 games in total per month PLUS have to pay BT Sport as well for most of the Rangers games. Easy choice for me.

Interested to hear from anyone who knows when the last increase before this was.

Back